More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:27:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers Wanted - Realistic Sickness
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted - Realistic Sickness  (Read 159209 times)
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: Testers Wanted - Realistic Sickness
« Reply #75 on: 2008 May 03, 04:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears to be functional, yes.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 May 03, 05:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there was some sort of conflict in my game or something but when I tried Pioupiou's version with FT, two Sims that came home from work sick died after maybe a Sim hour or two. I didn't even have a chance to try and help them recover. I took it out after that.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 May 04, 03:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were they sent to work sick? Perhaps the hours spent at work would count against them getting better.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 May 05, 00:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they both were fine before work. It was definitely an "I licked my coworker's coffee mug and came home with the flu" kind of thing. This happened in two separate households, by the way.

I didn't have an hack conflicts showing on the HCDU, so I'm not sure what happened there. The mod worked fine for me when I was running everything up to Seasons, but Free Time made it way too deadly.

talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 May 05, 00:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some things I've experienced with normal sickness, which might influence how this mod would work:

(1) I don't know if you can really catch the flu at work, but if you send sims to work and save the house, then play another house which has sickness in one form or another (sick sims, pile of trash) and the other sims visit, then when you go back to household 1, those sims will come home from work with the flu. Also, it seems that if sims are sick, you exit the houselhold, then return to it later, the game will re-notify you, which might look like they are coming down with the flu again, even though they are just still recovering.

In either case, the sims may actually be sick for longer than you are aware, which may explain the apparent "sudden" death.

(2) Side note: work time *does* count as recuperation time. I've had sims get better while at work, then catch sick again as they return home.

(3) As I recall, fatality from ordinary sickness works on the typical "three or more motives hit bottom" principle. If a sim goes to work with already low motives, gets sick while at work (either because it really is possible, or through method #1,) the illness will lower motives faster, which may combine with normal motive decay from work in a deadly fashion. This mod may magnify those effects.
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 May 05, 00:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Refreshed my memory by reading this. I had forgotten that the science career occasionally infects sims with a mysterious illness when they come home from work, but I still don't know about ordinary flu.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 May 05, 02:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought Sims could get at work because that's about the only time they ever get sick in my game. The flu pop-up always shows up right after they get home from work. I'll have Sims get a cold once in a while (not right after work like the flu thing but randomly while at home), but I think it only has happened to Sims I've made caffeinate for weeks rather than sleep. >_> Haven't had any roaches for a while. I seem to have a lot of can kickers in my 'hood so I make sure to watch the trashcans a lot or if I'm feeling lazy or no one will be home for a long while I'll use this hacked "Raid" can to stop the roaches from coming at all.

The saving and switching households scenario you mentioned wouldn't be it. I don't save while Sims are at work or doing much of anything except sleeping in case I'll end up patching or installing something that'll cause a reset.

I'm not sure how being at work affects recovery with this mod. They may get worse from being at work, which could possibly explain the sudden death, but that wouldn't really add up compared to my experience with the mod in the past. When I first tried the mod in my Seasons game, I had had four-member family that ended up with the flu from the boy coming home from with it from his teenage job. I decided to take care of him and his parents but I really didn't like his sister so, for the most part, I let her free-will it just to see if she'd make it. I still sent everyone to work and school and they were all sick for days, but the three I paid extra attention to recovered eventually. The sister ended up dying after about a Sim week but I recall her motives were pretty normal most of the time, besides bladder taking a hit once in a while due to the illness and maybe some things getting a little low because, well, Sims are dumb on their own. But there wasn't any dramatic bottoming out of a bunch of her motives when she died. I remember they were all sitting at the table eating breakfast normally when she suddenly died right after finishing her meal.

No one was playing with the biotech machine either, by the way. No one has wanted to be in the Science career for a while, now that I think about it. o.O
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 May 05, 20:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to test this mod in FT, you really should use the FFS debugger to check the severity of the disease, and its progress whether you free-will your sims, send them to work, or whatever.  There's a thread in the War Room which describes what the acronyms mean.

In my Seasons game, I had a sim with the flu who died in just 2 days with this mod.  He didn't go to work, he just free-willed at home.  What happened in my game is a pretty big contrast to your family of 4, but when I checked his disease stats, they pretty much progressed as advertised.  When he happened to be sitting or napping, he got recovery points.  Doing anything else made the disease worsen.

Since you didn't check any disease stats on your sims who came from work sick since FT, it's not really possible to tell whether they happened to catch a really deadly disease from the start, or whether an average disease accelerated rapidly to do them in.  In my BV game, I've only had one flu, and one cold so far.  Both progressed pretty much the same way they always have.
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 May 12, 23:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not really going to worry about it. I'm not so much for using disease to kill off my Sims or really just kill them in general. When the sister died I ended up having her mom plead for her anyway even though I hated her. I am such a softy. xD

Do you have the original posted file or Pioupiou's? Seems like the original was way deadlier from the initial posts. Although sometimes I wonder if I've always had something that affected the way the mod works anyway which would explain our different experiences with the mod and my sudden FT deaths.

Yeah, I checked disease stats from time to time, but I never remembered what they meant, so I kinda shrugged it off. I meant to write out what everything meant but never got around to it. (My computer is incredibly under specifications so I can't play and look it up online at the same time either.) I don't really feel like trying again so I guess I'll never know what happened. xD
firerayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2008 June 06, 23:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims dont get ill at all what can I do to make them ill?
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 June 07, 01:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims don't get ill at all. What can I do to make them ill?
(gratis grammarwank by Liz)

If someone kicks over your sims' trashcan, leave it until it's green & funky and attracts/spawns roaches. You can then send your sim to Stomp the roaches. In my game this is a surefire illness cause. And while this is an untested theory I would assume that poor hygiene plus physical exertion, especially if combined with ill-dressed outdoor activities in winter, should help bring on a cold/flu. As stated previously, sims in the Science career track have a chance of coming home from work with an illness. And if you have the science career's medicine/virus machine, sims using it run the risk of borking the stew and getting sick. I assume this risk is greater, the fewer Logic points your sim possesses when they make their attempt.

(edited to clarify a teeny point)
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 20:32:46 by Liz » Logged

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
firerayne
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 June 07, 11:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if its my game I tried it with no hacks no cheats nothing just the genuine stuff that had been patched, the temperatures never altared and they never got sick, will try your suggestion though, its ruining my fun having no weather options or sickness Huh
MasterDinadan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2008 August 24, 20:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod is killing off all of my sims...
It doesn't make any sense to me because I had a sick sim sleeping in bed (he should have been recovering regardless of any other conditions right?) only to get OUT of bed in order to fall over dead from his illness.
The fact that my sim was pregnant AND sick at the same time might have had something to do with it, but I was doing my hardest to get him to recover quickly.  Sleeping every chance I got, relaxing or lounging while awake.  I only got up when I absolutely had to eat or use the toilet.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2008 August 24, 20:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read back through the thread, you'll see that there was a bug with the original hack where sims got worse when sleeping instead of better.  pioupiou posted a fixed version on page 3.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 September 11, 16:29:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with Apartments?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2008 September 11, 17:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this work with Apartments?

Unknown -- I don't think anyone has run it through hackdiff to find out.  Baring a definitive statement one way or the other, it's better to be safe and not use it in AL.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ethendrelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2008 September 14, 18:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I scanned it yesterday, and hackdiff reported it as clean. But I haven't played any ill Sims since installing AL, so I can't confirm it's working correctly.

> select * from users where clue > 0;

0 rows returned
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 September 22, 02:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using it with AL and it's working as advertised. Sims very occasionally get sick. If cared for, they get over it. If ignored, 3 or 4 days in, they die. Death does come "suddenly" with this mod, in that the needs don't bottom out so it's not like you know they're going now.

Chastity Gere came home from work with the flu. She up'd and down'd for about 4 days and, right in the middle of a date, keeled over. Her roomie was asleep, but managed to get up in time and tried to run down to save her, but she'd infected him as well and the requisite coughing and wheezing fit before he could do anything made him too slow. It was funny, her date said (more or less) "you're the worst date I've ever had, don't bother to call again."

Still trying to decide how this will affect her roomie. He's convinced she died of an STD and because she partied too much (which, in effect, she did), so he probably needs to reroll his aspiration (he ended up with a romance secondary) and move on to more stable-type things, and stop that dancin' stuff.

Unsouper
Iridium
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2008 September 22, 09:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And while this is an untested theory I would assume that poor hygiene plus physical exertion, especially if combined with ill-dressed outdoor activities in winter, should help bring on a cold/flu.

(edited to clarify a teeny point)

That seems unlikely. I've sort of been testing your theory unwittingly. I'm playing the Apocalypse challenge, neighborhood still set to Winter-Winter-Winter-Winter because I haven't lifted Music yet. Thus, my sims get to sponge-bathe outside because I sadistically placed the outdoor sink (CC that looks like a bucket) on the balcony. Not-so-clean-to-start-with sims get stinky working out to the boombox, then go sponge off starkers in a raging snowstorm. And their thermometers do drop into the blue while they wash in that delightfully cold water.

Not a one has gotten sick. I'm still only in the second generation, so I will watch out for any evidence of sickness. I really think sims need to come in contact with a disease vector or ingest spoiled food in order to get sick.

I suppose the most acid test would be to let a sim get filthy, then have it go swimming outside in a snowstorm. I think I'll try that.  Grin

Edited to add:
Blargh. Stupid EAxis. A sim shouldn't be able to swim for two hours in a snowstorm and not get cold. I guess the pools are heated? Bah.

But the sim got cold in a hurry once I had him get out of the pool. It's late so I didn't wait to see if he would come down with a cold. More investigation is warranted after I get some sleep.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 22, 09:25:59 by Iridium » Logged

Juu nin, tou iro.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 September 22, 21:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

People More Awesome Than You have gone before, and proven your notions to be bankrupt.  Please go to the War Room, read, and be educated.  At MATY displays of ignorance and misinformation are frowned upon.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 September 23, 10:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded this.  It should really be great for my new medieval hood.  I totally agree that sickness is too rare and too easy to cure.  Also, death isn't even permanent if we don't want it to be, so it's all good.  I'll have to try it out and see how it works.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 September 24, 19:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version in the first post will kill your sims. Be sure to get the one from here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8062.msg234447.html#msg234447

Can we get a moderator to either link the first post to post #63 which contains the corrected version of this mod or to put the correct file in the first post?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 September 28, 02:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks.  I did get the updated/fixed one, because I'd read that far in the thread.   Wink

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: