More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:29:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Testers Wanted - Realistic Sickness
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Testers Wanted - Realistic Sickness  (Read 159210 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Testers Wanted - Realistic Sickness
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 08, 22:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simwardrobe has a kind of sprayer which can cure disease on a per-lot or per-sim basis, btw..

Cool, I'll look out for that, thanks for mentioning it.

I don't want to take out this hack because I think diseases are much more interesting now Cheesy  However I would like some of my sims to live.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 19, 12:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one problem : my sick sim does not sim to recover properly when sleeping.
I use the lot debugger every hour to see the "plague info". Relaxing on the bed does improve properly the recovery points (RP) and the current severity (CS) lessen over time. Good. But when I put my sim to sleep, the RP goes negative, and then the CS goes up.... The confort is almost 100% and it shouldn't matter when my sim is sleeping if I read your info in the first post right.... (idem for energy, I put my sim in bed when the bar was around 75% (as soon as I have the sleep interaction on the bed for an active sim) but it shouldn't matter...)
When sleeping, the RP goes from 0 to -8, then -12....
I already had another sim died with this mod, although I was trying to get him better (lot of relaxing, sleeps a lot), and I really think there is a problem with the sleep recovery points count.
I can provide you more acurate numbers from the lot debugger if you need (and tell what the sim is doing at the same time).
By the way, the 2 sims were suffering from a fever they caught at work...

ETA : I took a look in the BHAV (I'm no modder, but I'm curious and I like to poke at things to see how they work...). It seems to me (but I could be mistaken...) that on line 7 it should be [prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 += Const 0x1003:0x00 (Value: 0x0008)) but it is [prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 -= Const 0x1003:0x00 (Value: 0x0008)). I made this change, and so far it seems to work well in my game, with my sim actually recovering while sleeping.
Do I understand right how this works ?

Does anyone know if the sleeping problem was looked into and if it is correct?

I installed Seasons and this mod at the same time. As you know, installing an EP makes Sims reset. It was 8:30 pm when the lot loaded in.  All the Sims had their stats maxed except for bladder because of the reset. I lowered their energy bar just below half way so that they would be sleepy enough to go to bed at the correct time.

A little while later I got a notice that Dad was sick. I only saw the pop-up as it was disappearing from the screen, so I don't know what he caught. Currently there are no illnesses going around the neighborhood. He coughed once, talked to his kid for a few minutes, then went to sleep in the most expensive Maxis double bed. When he woke at 6am he got out of bed and keeled over dead.

Although a deadlier mod for sickness is exactly what I wanted, it doesn't seem right that a Sim whose needs are very high and who goes to bed a few minutes after catching something should die upon awakening.

So I ask, was the sleeping recovery problem looked into?

Pioupiou: Is the 'fix' you described still working correctly? If so, I'll just modify mine so that it matches what you have.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 19, 17:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pioupiou: Is the 'fix' you described still working correctly? If so, I'll just modify mine so that it matches what you have.
As far as I can tell (once again I'm not pretending to be a modder) it is. I had a few sims who came sick from work and they correctly recovered when they slept a lot, and it was still harder than it is with maxis original code.
I didn't have any other sim die from sickness, but I tend to micromange them a lot (and click a lot on info.../plague info on the lot debugger) so I don't expect them to die... But they could easily if you don't change their routine to account for the sickness.
I'll try to help you if you need, but I only change the one thing I mention in my post.
Pioupiou
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 20, 04:06:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to me (but I could be mistaken...) that on line 7 it should be [prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 += Const 0x1003:0x00 (Value: 0x0008))

but it is [prim 0x0002] Expression (Local 0x0000 -= Const 0x1003:0x00 (Value: 0x0008)).

I made the change of '-=' to '+='.

But instead of 0x1003:0x00, I have 0x1003:0x01.
Instead of Value: 0x0008, I have Value: 0x0006.

I didn't make any changes to these two values, even though they didn't match what you said, because my original values were different from yours. I don't know what these mean, so is there something there that I should still change? Or am I hopelessly lost and confused?

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 20, 07:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you use the sort button before searching for line 7 ? I will take a look at the file in a minute (didn't look at it since I made the change, so I forgot the details). If you want I can upload my modified file her.
Pioupiou

ETA: I really think you're not editing the right line, try sorting them before, so we talk about the same line 7.
here's a screenshot
« Last Edit: 2007 May 20, 07:48:13 by pioupiou » Logged
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 20, 11:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you use the sort button before searching for line 7 ?

No, I didn't. What exactly is being sorted anyway?

Well, once I used the sort button, my file looked like your screen. The screenshot was a huge help. Thanks. I hope this makes it work correctly. I've been wanting something like this for the longest time.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 20, 11:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sort makes it so that the flow is logical: the TRUE target of 1 is sorted to #2, #2's TRUE becomes #3, etc.. Otherwise it can jump back and forth.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 21, 20:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please forgive me if I'm asking something stupid, but I've got the file opened up like in pioupiou's screenshot, but I'm not quite sure how to change the '-=' to '+=' within it. A little help please?   Embarrassed

ETA: Also, if you don't mind the question, pioupiou, the file I've got says 'true: 17' whereas yours says 'true: 8.' What is the difference?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 21, 20:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want I can upload my modified file her.

I'd be most grateful if you would, for the sake of the SimPE-less.  Kiss 
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 May 21, 21:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denimjo, the boxes to the right with the numbers in? Tiny boxes, loads of them? You change the value of one of those, I think it was from 03 to 02. I have no idea either, it was just trial and error but that worked and the hack works.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 May 21, 21:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denimjo, the boxes to the right with the numbers in? Tiny boxes, loads of them? You change the value of one of those, I think it was from 03 to 02. I have no idea either, it was just trial and error but that worked and the hack works.

Ahh, thank you! It was actually changing the '04' value in the sixth box to '03,' but you really helped me to figure it out. Thanks. Cheesy If anyone wants a copy of the modified file I've done (as helpfully pointed out by pioupiou and Aliana), here it is. Note: I've also changed the True Target value to 0x0008 instead of 17 so that it matches pioupiou's screenshot. If this was a mistake, please someone let me know immediately and I'll change it back and remove the file.

* real-Sickness.package (0.75 KB - downloaded 1319 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 May 21, 21:41:50 by Denimjo » Logged

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 May 22, 06:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please forgive me if I'm asking something stupid, but I've got the file opened up like in pioupiou's screenshot, but I'm not quite sure how to change the '-=' to '+=' within it. A little help please?   Embarrassed

ETA: Also, if you don't mind the question, pioupiou, the file I've got says 'true: 17' whereas yours says 'true: 8.' What is the difference?

To change the-= to += you could also have used the wizard (the button that looks like a sort of hammer and sickle near the boxes with the numbers) it brings a more user-friendly window to make the change.
I have no idea why your true target is line 17, I don't remember changing anything other than the -=....
If I have time I'll take a look at your file compared to mine this evening (GMT+1).
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 May 22, 07:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To change the-= to += you could also have used the wizard (the button that looks like a sort of hammer and sickle near the boxes with the numbers) it brings a more user-friendly window to make the change.

Oh. Well leave it to me to find the hardest way to do things.  Embarrassed

I have no idea why your true target is line 17, I don't remember changing anything other than the -=....
If I have time I'll take a look at your file compared to mine this evening (GMT+1).

Whenever you get around to it. Thanks. If it'll help you, this is a cut/paste of the original file (uploaded in the original post):

And here it is after I've edited it:

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 May 22, 09:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Denimjo : I'm currently at work so I can't look at my file, but did you sort the lines before searching for line 7 ? (see my previous posts talking to magicmoon)  I'm under the impression you are not editing the same line as me. Will try to take a look during lunch.

ETA : I just took a look at your file and it is what I thought : you did not edit the same line as me, I think because you did not use the sort function before editing.
From what I understand of the code, you changed the recovery rate used when the sims is sitting versus is standing.
To save you the trouble to go back and change again the code here's my file with the modification, currently in my game, and working as far as I can tell.

* real-Sickness.package (0.46 KB - downloaded 7884 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 May 22, 10:39:17 by pioupiou » Logged
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 May 22, 18:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, pioupiou. I guess I just assumed there was only one line 7. Shows what I know, eh?  Embarrassed

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2007 June 12, 01:56:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds truly wonderful, just wish I'd found it sooner.  Got quite a bit of 'flu in my neighbourhood at the moment, so it should come in very handy.  Almost want to load-up my original Pleasantview now, when I last played it almost everyone had the dreaded lurgy.  Never had a sim die of it under the wedding arch before or since ... maybe it'll happen again now.  I never do a single thing to pamper my sims when they are ill, they even go to work as normal.  Not one of them has ever died apart from the bride.  I may give extra care to the children, but those stupid adults who prefer to have 3-bolt pillow fights instead of taking some rest can just keep right on doing it ... ooh, I can't wait to play again.  Pity it will have to be tomorrow because it's bedtime now.

As for who you keep up with, to me (as a Brit) it is definitely the Joneses.  Here is a link to an item about it, written by someone most British pedants will have heard of, namely W. Harrop Griffiths: http://bja.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/content/full/90/5/708.  I agree with him, Keeping up with the Jones' would imply keeping up with something belonging to the Joneses, but what?!  Joneses may look strange, but nevertheless it's the correct way to write it.  Also, bearing in mind that the name Jones is Welsh, I think we have to let W. Harrop Griffiths have the final say on this one, considering his nationality!

Still not convinced?  Think about a surname without an "s" on the end.  Would you say Keeping up with the Smith?  Or Keeping up with the Brown?  No.  Would you add an "s"?  Yes.  Would you also add an apostrophe?  No!  When the name ends in "s", you add the "e" mainly for aesthetic reasons, because "Keeping up with the Joness" just wouldn't look right.  Keeping up with the Jones's would actually look better, it just wouldn't make sense.  Most people wouldn't even consider adding an apostrophe if the name didn't end in "s".  They're all surnames, the presence of an "s" on the end doesn't stand those surnames apart or create a whole new grammatical rule.  Therein lies your answer!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2007 June 16, 08:39:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keeping up with the Joness

I shouldn't worry about it, Peter and I are not going anywhere!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 June 16, 08:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think not, given that you are too moundly and fat to actually move.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 June 17, 09:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's something wrong with this hack - my Sim have just died from cold, instead of developing pneumonia. I love that diseases are now far more challenging, but I don't want to get rid of my Sims so quickly!

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 June 17, 10:59:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. So get the one by pioupiou a few posts up.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 June 17, 13:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, there's something wrong with my game, not the hack - I've just performed a few tests. I removed all my downloads save FFS Lot Debugger (I needed that for plague info) and made a new CAS Sim and a new lot to test. I've infected him with cold via MakeMeSick Tester. He also died when CS reached 40, no pneumonia.

I've never seen cold develop into pneumonia, because all my Sims were getting well quick, so maybe I've never spotted this problem before.

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 June 17, 13:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without this hack I have /never/ had a sickness get worse let alone become fatal. I have made the modifications discussed, and sickness now seems to work as intended: Sims who rest get better, Sims that don't get any rest risk dying.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 June 18, 03:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trying out Pioupiou's version. I don't know much about hacking, so I don't quite know what the different lines do, but that one's not *as* crazy deadly right? 'Cause, yeah. XD I want the plague to actually be something they can die from without Sims dropping from colds.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 June 24, 20:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing with Pioupiou's version for a few day, and it seems to be working great.  Maybe too well Smiley  Playing a Uni dorm with 14 Sims (higher than usual for me) I had three of my playables drop dead from what I assume was complications of the flu.  I resurrected all three (because I didn't want any disease-related deaths at Uni until I'd had a chance to test this out in the regular hood.)  Two of the playables (twin brother and sister) graduated, but they are still spreading the flu.  On my first attempt (ignoring the symptoms and just playing as I always have), both of the new graduates died of the disease before the end of the first Sim day back home.  I quit without saving.  The second time around, I tried to make them rest more, napping and watching TV and so on.  Managed to make it to the end of the first day with both of them still alive, but it wasn't easy!  I think this hack is going to go a long way toward relieving the overpopulation problem in my hood Smiley

Karen
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 May 03, 04:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apologies for the necromancy, but hey, this one's worth bringing back up. It should still be safe to use with FT, right?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: