More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:03:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 217106 times)
Spartan
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #250 on: 2005 August 05, 09:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yea couldnt say it better myself inge
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2005 August 05, 09:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of that is just the forum software behaving unpredictably.  Maybe people who are banned from posting do get their green squares stripped automatically.
Doesn't seem very automatic or consistent: Rentech claims my posting privileges were revoked awhile ago. Now she's claiming I *DO* have posting privileges, and that I actually posted that post, which I didn't. Furthermore, the timestamp of "my" last login coincides fairly exactly with aforementioned last message. Except that I can't login, because my password has been reset as of the above attempt to verify previous statement.

Of course, it's perfectly reasonable to expect that Rentech had to un-block me from using anything on the forums in order to post that as me, but as I no longer have access to the account anyway, this is kind of a moot point. Furthermore, I actually retained my green squares during the early ban, when I could still login, but not do anything.

And even assuming board-reps were, in fact, wiped out, that does not explain why mine and mine alone has been replaced entirely with red squares, presumably as many as are allowed to be displayed. This would appear to be the manual effort of Rentech. What is its purpose? I do not know.

And there's recently been a spate of people shut out accidentally, as some people in this thread found out.  You have to have eyes at the bottom of your feet to control these forum apps properly :0
There's a difference between being accidentally shut out, as previously reported and explained, and being specifically locked out in relatively standard ways, particularly as coincides with the systematic vandalization process observed.

You're both getting into a real state over this, you should both just enjoy the individually very good sites you each have now and let the whole thing go.
That'd be fine by me, and *WAS* the *ORIGINAL* plan, until with no particularly good reason or explanation, Rentech suddenly banned me, and then has proceeded to lie and waffle about the entire matter. These aren't even consistent lies!

I've said much the same to her, that it's not worth getting wound up about.   There's just a whole load of misunderstandings and paranoia taking over and the whole thing is setting an appalling example to any easily influenced people reading it.
Misunderstandings? Maybe. But I doubt it. Paranoia? It's not paranoia when they really are out to get you. Rentech's actions have made that much rather clear. *I* haven't actually done anything at all to Rentech other than call her on the lies and BS. It is simply not politically expedient at this time to take or authorize direct action against rentech.com.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Spartan
« Reply #252 on: 2005 August 05, 09:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is simply not politically expedient at this time to take or authorize direct action against rentech.com.
what are you gonna do with that power companys site?
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2005 August 05, 10:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it does seem a little hatchet burying and pipe-smoking is called for here!

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?  Better let him out before he suffocates!!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2005 August 05, 10:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't quite understand what Queen Victoria's husband has to do with this thread!

Zephyr Zodiac
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2005 August 05, 20:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In other news, it has now been brought to my attention that Rentech has been writing board posts in my name on rentech.com now.

This post was not written by me. It is not officially or unofficially endorsed or approved by me, and does not represent the opinions of either myself or More Awesome Than You. Note that I'm still banned, although Rentech has taken to being much less subtle about it by force-setting my rep to 5 red. Amusing. And Rentech is now posting her own posts under my name, presumably to then complain that I've written something inappropriate.

Oh Now! That IS funny!  ROFL!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2005 August 05, 21:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't seem very automatic or consistent: Rentech claims my posting privileges were revoked awhile ago. Now she's claiming I *DO* have posting privileges, and that I actually posted that post, which I didn't. Furthermore, the timestamp of "my" last login coincides fairly exactly with aforementioned last message. Except that I can't login, because my password has been reset as of the above attempt to verify previous statement.Rentech.

It was the Hackers..... right?  Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2005 August 05, 21:26:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would certainly have thought, if this was happening against her knowledge or wishes, she would have made some effort to contact JM personally to explain the situation.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2005 August 05, 22:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would certainly have thought, if this was happening against her knowledge or wishes, she would have made some effort to contact JM personally to explain the situation.
That would certainly be the logical approach, assuming this were true, and not exactly a difficult one, as the #grah channel is still on the same server as the old #rentech channel, and Rentech could easily thus fire a PM off. But since this is not actually what is happening, Rentech obviously has no reason to do any such thing, as she clearly preferred me to be banned. Honestly, Rentech makes no sense. She complains about my abuse, so I ignore her, then she complains that I don't show any appreciation until I abuse her again, then she complains that I abuse her. She tells me to leave, and when I go and DO that, she becomes all pissy and upset about it. She then expects me to say how horrible she is when I leave, and when I fail to consistently denounce her horribleness, she decides to annoy me until I decide to do so. Then complains about it to Inge. It makes no sense.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2005 August 05, 22:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except it stirs up bad feeling between Inge and you!

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2005 August 05, 22:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoever is responsible for this is pissing me off, too.  Angry

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2005 August 05, 22:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except it stirs up bad feeling between Inge and you!
I wouldn't really say THAT, Inge is always like this.

Whoever is responsible for this is pissing me off, too.  Angry
Well, don't at me, I'm banned from rentech.com.

Spartan
« Reply #262 on: 2005 August 05, 23:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

personally, i want this to stop
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2005 August 05, 23:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't we all!  But you can always unsubscribe from this thread and pretend it has!

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2005 August 06, 02:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't we all!  But you can always unsubscribe from this thread and pretend it has!

Excellent advice, Zephyr! It's like the TV, just change the channel.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2005 August 06, 04:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha!  I see it!  It's the Pescado Code!  The Red Squares are a clue to the real answer to the whole riddle: "In Soviet Union, Forum uses YOU!"

Or, maybe not.  Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2005 August 06, 08:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"In Soviet Union, Forum uses YOU!"

Or even AB-uses!

Or again, maybe not!

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2005 August 06, 08:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aha!  I see it!  It's the Pescado Code!  The Red Squares are a clue to the real answer to the whole riddle: "In Soviet Union, Forum uses YOU!"

Red Squares....Soviet Union...LOL.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2005 August 06, 14:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just getting demented. In a few years, I'd be able to give definitive advice, because then I'll know whether the strategy of "unilateral disengagement" works. (I'm a middle-east watcher. I will never, ever understand exactly why they're fighting, but it's a useful excersize for a game master and writer.) However, that might be something to try: tell Rentech that if she can drop it or continue, whatever she wants, but that you don't really care. And then make an effort to be civil to her.

Mind you, that last bit is a good idea no matter what. It's a tried and true method of driving people crazy: being friendly and helpful nomatter what they do. It even works in high school, the world's greatest stage for pointless politics.
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2005 August 06, 18:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What strange people we meet on the internet.
I prefer friends you can actually kick in the balsl or club over the head when they wrong you Wink meaning real life.
Who needs whit if you have fists?

On the internet, on the other hand... I only know how to insult and point and laugh. It works, but I need more creativity.
Maybe I can learn something here Smiley
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: 2005 August 06, 20:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  You can learn how to more creatively insult, point and laugh. Cheesy

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2005 August 06, 20:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could take Odyssey's advice and be sooooooo polite and helpful!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2005 August 06, 21:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, I'm not DOING anything at all, seeing as I'm banned from Rentech.com and we're basically incommunicado.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2005 August 06, 21:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Technically, I'm not DOING anything at all, seeing as I'm banned from Rentech.com and we're basically incommunicado.

Sorry, JM, I was actually replying to Noukie!  I fully appreciate that you are banned and cannot post at VS, and therefore cannot either insult Rentech or be unbearably polite!

Zephyr Zodiac
Noukie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2005 August 07, 23:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ow that is a very very mean trick, you evil people!

Thanks  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: