More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:21:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!  (Read 215489 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: HUZZAH! Banned from Rentech.com!
« Reply #100 on: 2005 July 26, 07:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me, I need go to tell Bippy to make a page for our special offer, "Limited Time Offer: Buy One Month For The Price Two, Get One Free!".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 July 26, 08:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah I can make that page.  If you want something in particular let me know.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 July 26, 13:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: laurenke
It was posted before?  I guess that's what I get for not actually reading this thread.

I thought it was funny. But I guess I missed the first time it was posted.

That reminds me, I need go to tell Bippy to make a page for our special offer, "Limited Time Offer: Buy One Month For The Price Two, Get One Free!".

Throw in a bridge in Brooklyn and I'm sold.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 July 26, 13:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was posted before?  I guess that's what I get for not actually reading this thread.

I thought it was funny. But I guess I missed the first time it was posted.

People often don't read my comments!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 July 26, 14:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What on earth have you done to offend a website that belongs to a Solar Energy company?   Bought a Windmill?

Got it! My apologies!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2005 July 26, 15:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZephyrZodiac, I did see it the first time (and thought it was hilarious). Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 July 26, 15:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Suck-up. Wink Oh, yeahhhhhhh? Well I thought it was more hilarious than you did!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2005 July 26, 16:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I about fell out of my chair laughing...I can't remember the last time (or if there ever even was a time) I was called a "suck up". LOL

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 July 26, 16:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you KellyQ!  Actually, I guess Montana is probably a good place for windmills!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 July 26, 17:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you KellyQ!  Actually, I guess Montana is probably a good place for windmills!

AHEM.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2005 July 27, 20:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be honest, damned if I know. The entire MTS2 debacle never went this far. They never actually banned me from the site itself, only the chat channel. The Rentech thing completely baffles me. If you see anything, you tell me. As far as I can tell, Rentech is insane, and maybe MTS2 was right after all.

Got to say, I saw evidence of this myself. One minute she was nice and friendly and the next the teeth were in my throat I was stopped from 'starting any new threads' for I have no idea why. Like I start a lot of threads! I think I went to the V maybe a dozen times in all and when I saw I was stopped from new thread making--even tho I didn't want to make any it woulda been nice to know what the hell I'd done to piss her or whomever off- I just stopped going there, period.
I did make a post over there a few days ago tho to twojeffs whom I felt I I owed homage as I had not given proper credit to in a thread at MTS2.

Altho I missed your twisted humor Pescado. Glad to know I can dose up on you again. Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 July 28, 12:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went there today to check on two notifications!  Even though my "reputation" is on green, I too "May not start new threads"!  Is there anyone left who can, apart from Rentech herself? 

I would have thought the whole point of joining (and subscribing to in many cases) a forum which purports to deal with game problems was to be able to ask for help, and if you cannot start a new thread, and nothing suitable exists to post to, what the hell is the use of the forum?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 July 28, 12:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, either you're attempting to post in a section of the rentech.com forums which do not permit the starting of user threads(in which case you're stupid and deserve to have your lips ripped off), Rentech has broken the forums, or Rentech has decided to punish people who have defected to here. As it's likely you're not dumb enough to make the first mistake, given that More Awesome Than You has a similar board structure, it's probably one of the other two. Who knows? If the second, Rentech is probably busily trying to blame me for it already. If the last option, well, I don't put it above Rentech. She *REAAAAALLY* hates me. And probably anyone remotely associated with me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 July 28, 12:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I for one have no interest now in going back!  Can't tolerate pettiness!  (I'm glad to know that even though I've had my lips ripped, you don't think me completely stupid! Oh, and I didn't actually try to start a new thread, it was enough to be informed that I couldn't!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Now&Then
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 July 28, 15:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also do not have the abilty to post anything new at VS. And I don't believe I have ever posted anything to offend anyone, other than Pescado.
However has anyone seen this located near the bottom of the page?

"Due to several unsuccessful attempts by people to 'hack' into this site we are forced to change our policy and require that anyone who wants to post on this site have a verifiable email address. These attempts were very unsuccessful since we have automated security in place that reduces the access of any user attempting to hack the forums to read only.

We are sorry that a few have ruined it for the many but that is how life goes, one or two unhappy, immature individuals ruin things for others. Read access - ability to read the forums and download attachments remains available to unregistered members. If you currently have a membership it is suggested that you make sure your email access is accurate but you will not be asked to verify it at this time. This will affect only those attempting to open new memberships.

Please note: Many sites that host rmail accounts (i.e.: yahoo, aol, hotmail) and many email programs have spam blockers that will reject any mail from any site that is not listed in your personal address book. If you have not gotten a verification mail to have your account promoted to full access this would most likely be your problem. You will need to add 'variousimmers.net' to your addressbook in your email program to resolve this issue. You can then go to your profile and ask the forum to resend your verification email."

So it actually appears that Rentech has made it so no one post anything, unless if you see this posting and comply to her requests.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 28, 15:36:47 by glaukos » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 July 28, 15:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that would be another one of Rentech's "evil hacker scares" aimed at me. Of course, she goes and states it won't affect existing accounts, but hey, Rentech never made much sense.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 July 28, 15:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe she didn't have lips in the first place?  Wink
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 July 28, 15:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but you gotta love the utter ridiculousness of the story: "Evil hackers *UNSUCCESSFULLY* attacked our site (meaning the security system works fine!), but we're going to be fascists anyway!". It is clear that the story makes absolutely no logical sense and is just like that "ONOZ! Everyone has to change their password!" scare from a few days before that one.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 July 28, 15:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't quite understand the whole "ban" and "hack" thing. If a particular user is banned, what is preventing said user from using another screen-name and e-mail address and thus re-join?

Why would anyone need to hack into a public site? Or did she mean the admin pages? Or what? And how good would you have to be at hacking to get into a public sites admin pages, I wonder.

How could that have been aimed at you JM? As I said before, I have extreme difficulties associating the words "unsuccessful attempt to hack" with you. With me, most definitely, but with you?

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2005 July 28, 15:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't quite understand the whole "ban" and "hack" thing. If a particular user is banned, what is preventing said user from using another screen-name and e-mail address and thus re-join?
The logic of this rather escapes me also. However, the real motivation is to get rid of me. Rentech has gone through these steps because Rentech knows I loathe email and won't touch it. Thus the new email-registration.

Why would anyone need to hack into a public site? Or did she mean the admin pages? Or what? And how good would you have to be at hacking to get into a public sites admin pages, I wonder.
Beats me. Like I said, there's no actual logic behind the visible statement, it's just an thinly veiled excuse.

How could that have been aimed at you JM? As I said before, I have extreme difficulties associating the words "unsuccessful attempt to hack" with you. With me, most definitely, but with you?
Note the previous "hacker alert" as well. Let's just say that Rentech believes I happen to be in possession of things that are of that nature, and now that I've parted company, Rentech now thinks this represents a threat. Of course, this is complete nonsense, but Rentech obviously wants a witch hunt anyway.

G.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: 2005 July 28, 16:01:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing abnormal in expecting people registering to post on a forum to have registered with valid email addresses?  Most forums require it.   MTS2 certainly do.   I mean it's not like you need to register at all if you only want to read or download.

If you don't want to give your real email address, then don't.  It just means you can't post messages.  Is that really such a loss?  You still get access to the downloads.

I really cannot believe this thread is still churning on and on.   Anyone would think you have to choose your favorite forum and only use files from that one site, all the debate going on over it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2005 July 28, 16:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing abnormal in expecting people registering to post on a forum to have registered with valid email addresses?  Most forums require it.   MTS2 certainly do.   I mean it's not like you need to register at all if you only want to read or download.
There's nothing inherently ABNORMAL, other than the fact that it represents an abrupt policy reversal and the timing of the move is awfully fascinating, especially given the curious rationalization of it.

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 July 28, 16:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had problems downloading / seeing photos when not registering.

I thought this thread was about MAKING FUN of illogical behaviour, considering that Rentech will probably NOT change her opinion?
Fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, and anger leads to suffering. Paranoid is bad! (Insert 'mkay here!  Grin)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2005 July 28, 16:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this thread was about MAKING FUN of illogical behaviour, considering that Rentech will probably NOT change her opinion?
Fear leads to hate, hate leads to anger, and anger leads to suffering. Paranoid is bad! (Insert 'mkay here!  Grin)
It is. Inge is just missing the point. I thought the entire "HUZZAH!" part gave it away.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 July 28, 16:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my email address is valid, respectable, contains mny full real name, is accepted at a large number of sites including MTS2 , and SimFreaks, where I have been a moderator for some time (can't remember now how long), VS emails are not considered SPAM by my email program, yet I (A) received no notification of any revisions, and (B) still receive notifications of threads I've subscribed to.

If you want to ban people, fine, if you want to limit their activities, again fine, but at least have the good manners to inform them of this, and to let them know what they have done to deserve it!  If you can't do this, you shouldn't be running a market-stall, let alone an internet forum.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: