More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:41:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Odd things I noticed about Seasons
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Odd things I noticed about Seasons  (Read 128104 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Odd things I noticed about Seasons
« Reply #200 on: 2007 March 11, 12:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then we'd need duct tape. In real life, the answer to noisy babies is to duct tape their noses. With only one way to breathe, they have to choose between breathing or screaming, and the wrong choice produces unconciousness that leads to the correct one. It's a traditional family remedy.
Lotsa dead babies in your family? Human infant breathing apparatus is set up so they can breathe and eat at the same time. (They don't actually swallow and breathe simultaneously, but it's a very near thing.) They aren't mouth-breathers for about 3 months (after that the larynx drops). Actually the only time an infant typically breathes through the mouth is when he or she IS crying.

PS: I really should read and actually respond to the thread ontopic. I've heard of other people having that problem, not necessarily with lots but with moving sims between houses. They get stuck in one season, so snow will be on the ground forever, and the like. I think it's on the "to be fixed" list.

Unsouper
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2007 March 11, 13:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Black neighbourhood, would that count as an 'odd thing'? Roll Eyes
Didn't want to make a seperate thread for this. Whenever there's a little bit of snow on the ground, the terrain surrounding my lot turns completely black. Other lots and trees and such are still visible, but the ground is gone. Silly thing is, it only happens during the day, at night the terrain looks normal. And heavy snow is shown properly as well, both day and night. I suppose i could reinstall seasons to see if I have an corrupted file somewhere, but I'm afraid it's more serious; another Nvidia driver problem. Angry

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2007 March 11, 14:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had testingcheatsenabled on at one point and noticed they were generating an object error file every few seconds, so I checked the files. Turns out there was something wrong with one of the new objects, the little tiered bowl fountain (forget the name... Holy something-or-other) - as soon as I deleted it from my lot, the kids returned to normal. GRRRRR....
Edit:  Narrowed down to something from MST2 - found them, all by Targa:  Buyable Backdrop and Studio lights from CAS, and/or buyable Artist Camera career reward. Sick of looking; it's probably the backdrops.
It must be the backdrop, as that's the only one of the three you mention that I don't have and my fountain works fine.

Appreciate that, Lorelei - I'm on watch for Maxis objects modded to be available to players, somewhere around here there's mention of 'Lost and Found' trees not being lightning-strikable or some such.   Smiley

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2007 March 12, 05:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house was empty of sims, but the problem was that the seasons got messed up which is nothing to do with the VBT issue about adding junk to the character files.  She says she has no CC, which means it's not a conflict.  I'd really like to know if other people have had problems with moving lots via the lot bin.  If it's a real issue, not just something screwy in her game, it needs reporting and fixing while Maxis are actually asking for bug reports.
Yes, I did follow up and say that I misread your post, thinking that there were sims in the house when they moved it.  My bad.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2007 March 12, 07:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Black neighbourhood, would that count as an 'odd thing'? Roll Eyes
Didn't want to make a seperate thread for this. Whenever there's a little bit of snow on the ground, the terrain surrounding my lot turns completely black. Other lots and trees and such are still visible, but the ground is gone. Silly thing is, it only happens during the day, at night the terrain looks normal. And heavy snow is shown properly as well, both day and night. I suppose i could reinstall seasons to see if I have an corrupted file somewhere, but I'm afraid it's more serious; another Nvidia driver problem. Angry

The exact same thing happens to me. However, I have a crap graphics card that doesn't even support pixel shading. So I figured that was it. Oddly enough, it doesn't bother me much--I guess it reminds me of the sims 1--I just ignore the "empty space," and it doesn't seem to last long.

MsBarrows
Asinine Airhead

The Sims In My Head Made Me Do It

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: 2007 March 12, 08:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be the backdrop, as that's the only one of the three you mention that I don't have and my fountain works fine.

Sweet, and yup, I had those Targa objects too - have removed the backdrops now, hopefully I can now resume using fountains without the game coughing up a hairball about them.

Thanks!

- /\/\sB -
MsBarrows
Asinine Airhead

The Sims In My Head Made Me Do It

View Profile WWW
« Reply #206 on: 2007 March 12, 23:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another couple of things I noticed today: in buy mode under Linoleum, my "Lapitoh green" (sp?) flooring has turned into an exact match of the "Lapitoh sand" flooring.

And when setting hairsyles on a toddler, I noticed in the outerwear hair styles that there's one knit hat where all four hair recolours are showing up in the same bin..

- /\/\sB -
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2007 March 13, 03:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only backdrop that isn't compatible is the one that shows up in red in the Clean Installer. The lights and the other backdrop have worked fine for me.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2007 March 13, 04:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my "Lapitoh green" (sp?)

I always remember this one because it's "hospital" green backwards. Oh Maxis, you clever jerks.

I have a question about something odd, and I don't want to start a new post. When my sims rake, their bar goes up. What are they gaining--body or garden badges? The fishing badge doesn't have a bar like this and I've only seen the raking bars flip over without a message. Please don't tell me it's a special raking skill.  Tongue

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2007 March 13, 05:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They get cleaning skill from raking I think.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2007 March 13, 07:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't they get cleaning skill from filling in holes that dogs dig in the yard?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2007 March 13, 08:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From raking and filling in holes, yes.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2007 March 13, 10:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone seen the plumbob taking odd shapes in some lots?

After installing seasons, at least two lots had the sim's plumbob taking the shape of things like a shrub and a trashcan.

So far this effect appears to be harmless, and it can be fixed by deleting the plumbob, saving the lot and loading it again, but I wonder if this can be caused by an outdated hack.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: 2007 March 13, 11:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that was an old problem with InSim...but I could be wrong though.  Undecided

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2007 March 13, 11:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had InSim until I installed Seasons, so this can be just leftover data from InSim? But it doesn't happen on all lots, only a few seem to be affected.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: 2007 March 13, 13:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house was empty of sims, but the problem was that the seasons got messed up which is nothing to do with the VBT issue about adding junk to the character files.  She says she has no CC, which means it's not a conflict.  I'd really like to know if other people have had problems with moving lots via the lot bin.  If it's a real issue, not just something screwy in her game, it needs reporting and fixing while Maxis are actually asking for bug reports.
Yes, I did follow up and say that I misread your post, thinking that there were sims in the house when they moved it.  My bad.
I noticed - that's OK - I'd just really like to know if anyone else has the problem......  Not being able to move lots or even just lots that have been played would be a biggie.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2007 March 14, 01:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this isn't exactly an 'odd' thing with seasons, but I didn't want to make another thread for this especially.

On some lots, I can see fish quite clearly swimming in ponds, however on other lots I can't see any fish until they're actually caught and are pulled out of the water. I thought it may have been my graphics card at first, but I suppose not, seeing as the problem doesn't happen on all lots.

Now, these are ponds that I've built myself mind you and I'm fairly sure that I've built all ponds at much the same specs, tile width and depth etc. so is their something I'm doing wrong with the ponds that I can't see fish swimming in, or could it be some weird graphical glitch thing or something else?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2007 March 14, 01:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I have noticed the same thing. In fact, I generally see them more on community lots than residential. Can't quite figure out the logic there.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2007 March 14, 02:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You won't be able to see the fish in the pond if it is not deep enough.
Jfederated
Asinine Airhead

Necessity is the mother of all eyesores.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2007 March 14, 02:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I experienced the fish/no fish thing too.  Seemed to help when I seriously deepened the pond, especially around the edges.  Try aiming for the earth's core. 

They also reappeared after I exited and reentered the lot, if memory serves.  But there seemed no pattern to them being there and then not.

Forgotten MATY passwords:  3 and counting.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2007 March 14, 02:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try aiming for the earth's core. 

Yeah, I did try that. I think I actually dug the ponds all the way to china, but still no luck. I guess it is just a glitch graphics thing.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2007 March 14, 06:08:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the same thing, and I thought it might have to do with the width of the pond.  I made one on the Grunt property in Strangetown, and it was deep enough for fish, but narrow like a creek rather than a pond, and I couldn't see fish. But I could see fish just fine in that big pond in the park the comes with Pleasantview.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2007 March 14, 18:18:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read somewhere (MATY?) that the pond has to be at least 4 tiles wide.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2007 March 14, 18:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall that was in the guide; anyway, I've found that the larger the pond, the higher the visible fish population.  A fishable pond must be at least four tiles wide and several tiles deep.  That will allow you to see maybe three, four fish.  I haven't quite perfected contouring the pond edges yet, as some of my fish jump out, travel along the grass, then jump back in. 

The EP seems to anticipate success as I've had a few Sims earn a bronze fishing badge just by walking over to the pond to start casting away.   Grin
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2007 March 14, 18:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have ponds the same size and depth on both res and comm lots. Seeing them swim still seems to happen almost exclusively on comm lots, though on occasion I do see them jump on res lots.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: