More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:12:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Houses. I need 'em build. And I suck at building. </3
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Houses. I need 'em build. And I suck at building. </3  (Read 8542 times)
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Houses. I need 'em build. And I suck at building. </3
« on: 2007 February 06, 08:48:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So. I know I might seem insane, but I need someone who doesn't mind building some houses for me. Some cute starters, some three bedrooms, some four bedrooms... all the ones I download never seem to suit my needs. We can work out something for me to repay you, in whatever way necessary. I have all EP's, and all stuff packs, and custom content isn't a problem.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Houses. I need 'em build. And I suck at building. </3
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 06, 08:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php

Go here they have lots of houses here, I suck at building too. Smiley

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 06, 09:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have alot of those houses. On youtube, I put in Sims 2 building, and found a cute house- I watched it, and built it. Smiley But that's about all. <.<

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 06, 09:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got 3 bedroom and a 4 bedroom fully furnished maxis only houses on my site:
http://gethanesims.prismbaby.com/

And a friend has several houses here:
http://www.minena.prismbaby.com/sims/

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 06, 10:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get a few houses at my site, VJ Development. Most are furnished, but if you get rid of the furniture they can be starters. I have a couple of 1x1 lots, too.

bluemoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 06, 10:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got some smaller homes here - http://bluemooner.com/primrose

bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 06, 10:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! Those are some gorgeous houses! ^^

I'll download them when i get home. <.< -Is at school-

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 06, 10:55:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim Poseium Forum has many nice houses and businesses, including several on 1x3 lots.

http://www.simposieum.net/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 06, 10:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could swear that you have the same user name that Blue named one of her houses she uploaded to MTS2. Tongue

Ah, here it is:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147260

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 06, 11:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting that you want starter homes with 3-4 bedrooms.....  If you build a bouse big enough for 3-4 bedrooms, you sacrifice environment score as you can't afford expensive walls and floors and there's almost no money left for content out of that 20k.  It's a trade-off.   I think of starter homes as 1 or 2 sims so my starter houses are mostly fully furnished 1 bedroom bungalows on 3x2 plots though the bedroom is big enough to subdivide in some of them.  they load fast and are easy to play.  The newer houses are bigger with less furnishing, but are on desert terrain with flat rooves - I think they look better, but honestly the little bungalows are easier to play!

My lots are on TSR - free of course - if you want to check them out anyway.  Individually they're nothing special, but the first set all have water and willows at the back so if you place them together, they look quite nice at hood level.  There are little community lots to match which I find really useful in game. 
http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/cmid_427711/sims2/lots/.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 06, 15:36:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cwykes: I think s/he wanted cute starter homes AND 3 bedroom houses AND 4 bedroom houses. Separate categories, not all in the same one.  Smiley

bloodstainedkisses: I love to build houses. I don't have anything up right now anywhere except for a greek house on the exchange, but are you looking for anything in particular? I don't have anything better to do and wanted to test out the fixed roofslope cheat, anyway, so I can make some to order. What was it about the ones you were finding that you found don't work for you? I always have the same problem with a lot of what I see. They'll look great on the outside, but the rooms are never big enough to leave enough walkway room for idiot Sims who can't wait quietly for someone to pass them, instead they yell and scream and drop the action.  Cheesy

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 06, 15:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could swear that you have the same user name that Blue named one of her houses she uploaded to MTS2. Tongue

Ah, here it is:  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=147260

You're right, Maria.  I built the house for her. Wink
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 06, 18:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After looking at some of the lots from the links, I have to say that I really admire those of you that build on the larger lots. I build on mostly 2x2's and I find that I have too much space and really just add anything to take up space. Smiley
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 06, 18:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We do lots of lots at Sublime.
www.sublimesims.net
Starters and bigger. Most furnished with basic maxis furnishings.
Vashti and Tom know how to squeeze furnishings in to a starter lot.
-Skadi

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 07, 11:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cwykes: I think s/he wanted cute starter homes AND 3 bedroom houses AND 4 bedroom houses. Separate categories, not all in the same one.  Smiley
Light bulb flicks on... 

I was looking for a modern house - any suggestions? - a house for 1 romance sim.  Doesn't need to be cheap, but not big and sprawling - he wants to get away from Dad's big Elizabethan mansion.   I have base game + OFB only.  I did make one, but I'm not that happy with it and I've got a problem supporting the terrace.   Finding a better one is probably the answer!    It's here if anyone feels like telling me how to get columns that actually support the terrace without looking ugly or wasting loads of ground space.  NB - it is nicer than it looks in that awful picture and plays OK so far.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot_detail.php?asset_id=495624

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 07, 13:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cwykes, all the support posts can be deleted after you place the floor of the terrace  Grin 

you really only need them to get the grid for the terrace floor, same if you use walls instead of support posts (if the terrace is large it is actually faster to enclose the lower floor with walls)

bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 07, 16:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bloodstainedkisses: I love to build houses. I don't have anything up right now anywhere except for a greek house on the exchange, but are you looking for anything in particular? I don't have anything better to do and wanted to test out the fixed roofslope cheat, anyway, so I can make some to order. What was it about the ones you were finding that you found don't work for you? I always have the same problem with a lot of what I see. They'll look great on the outside, but the rooms are never big enough to leave enough walkway room for idiot Sims who can't wait quietly for someone to pass them, instead they yell and scream and drop the action.  Cheesy

I like big families, and they are NEVER big enough. : (

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 07, 16:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In big houses, I nearly always make the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, and misc the outer part of a large U. The inner part becomes a giant hall filled with the dining room, living room and entertainment room. In *really* big houses, I'll have the same thing but with multiple floors.  Grin

Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 07, 18:35:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I build boatloads of houses - from starters to sprawlers - but I never upload them anywhere, because everyone's got restrictions about custom content, and I use LOTS of pay stuff (thanks to the Booty).  I also have little patience for cleaning up the Sim2Pack of all the unused recolors. What a bother! I am sure it's important, but oy vey.

So here's the deal: I can send fully loaded houses or empty shells (with wallpaper) or both. I have modern and traditional homes, from studios to 3-4 bedroom homes. My speciality is taking real-life homes and translating them for the Sims. Lately, I've been working with books on innovative architecture with tremendous results (better than the cookie cutter house plan sites online).

Let me know what you want....and give me a day or two to pack 'em up.

Kim

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 08, 00:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cwykes, all the support posts can be deleted after you place the floor of the terrace  Grin 

That's what I did, built the terrace and then deleted the support.  Then I lowered the terrain where the support had been until I liked the way the ground fell away under the terrace and down to the pond, but that left a large terrace with no support.  I want to put in a couple of columns for the look of the thing and it's just annoying me that all the columns are the wrong size!

KGDebus - sounds like I need one of yours except that  I'm planning to put the hood up for download and I'm planning on no CC to keep the size down. Sad

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: