More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:00:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100363 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #225 on: 2006 January 08, 16:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because it can't.  The "Safe Woohoo" menus are attached to the bed/hottub/booth semi-globals.
Well, that would have been my thought also, but with the amount of stuff I've heard go wrong that has been concretely blamed upon this "Inteenimator",

The only concrete here is that stored up in the brains of those who are either too stupid or too lazy to read.  It is always the same class of idiot who mindlessly throws mods willy-nilly into their game without any forethought whatsoever about compatibility or even if it is certified for use with their EP.  These people aren't even aware of WHAT is in their game (do you have any idea how many people I come across who have all twenty editions of InSim installed in their game, along side every flavor of InTeen, S2L teen woohoo, and Jenflower's teen woohoo?  whose fault is this?).

Sorry if I offended you, jase, but it was unintentional.  I'm quite aware of what hacks I have installed, I make sure they're all compatible with both Uni and NL, and I've read the InTeen docs at least 1/2 dozen times, because it truly is one of my favorite hacks.  I was just stating that that's what I 'thought' might have been the conflict, since it only occurs with the 'Safe Woohoo' menu item.  Since you stated that that menu is tied to the bed objects, then I'll have to look further for the source of the conflict -- might be one of the LizzLoves things I added.  I'll report back after I do some more poking around.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2006 January 08, 17:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from what I understand about the "first born effect" and the randomizer is that, after each loading of the game, we should run the randomizer.

For the best effect - Should run it before each birth or just once after each loading of the game?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2006 January 08, 19:58:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from what I understand about the "first born effect" and the randomizer is that, after each loading of the game, we should run the randomizer.

For the best effect - Should run it before each birth or just once after each loading of the game?

Just sometime before the baby is born. You don't need to run it if you're not having a new character. As Venusy says, quit the game and the sim generator resets to default. I still get the same starsigns in a row, but the personalities and looks of the children differ, starsigns are easy enough to fix in simpe.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2006 January 08, 19:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it wouldn't hurt to run it once after every time you load the game, JM once said it was only necessary to run it once during any game session that you expect a baby to be born.  Don't forget to save first, though, because the randomizer will run and quit the lot without saving in order to discard the randomly generated sims.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2006 January 08, 20:14:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you  Smiley

I have used it for ages, I just wondered if I should run it between births in the same play session.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2006 January 08, 20:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you  Smiley
I have used it for ages, I just wondered if I should run it between births in the same play session.

Yes.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 January 08, 20:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you  Smiley

Yes.

ok, cool, I usually would but sometimes I'd forget  Roll Eyes  now I will get it drilled into my head so I don't forget again *laughs*

Thank you  Grin
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2006 January 08, 23:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some concrete of my own, for the record:  I use InTeen (v.1.3i at the moment and have had previous versions as well) and have never had a problem. Of course... I RTFM(s) and don't use mods that obviously conflict with it. It works with all the MATY, SimLogical, and various other hacks I have. I don't have every single hack available on this site installed. A select many though, including teh FFS Debugger and I notice nothing weird/off/wrong.

Jase, you know how AWESOME (that's right I said it) your work is so stuff some cotton in the mouths of those who would install a french-fry and strawberry shake on their HD if someone said they could use it to hit "enter" and eat and keep on.  Many of us love your work.
« Last Edit: 2006 January 09, 00:00:11 by myskaal » Logged
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: 2006 January 09, 09:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you  Smiley

Yes.
I thought the answer here was NO - you only need to use it once per game.  The game carries on randomising from whatever new starting point JM's lotdebugger set it to.  subsequent children born in the same playing session were always different - the problem was only ever the starting point.

Here's my own stupid question.  Does it reset the starting point for the whole hood or for that lot only?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2006 January 09, 10:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you  Smiley

Yes.
I thought the answer here was NO - you only need to use it once per game.  The game carries on randomising from whatever new starting point JM's lotdebugger set it to.  subsequent children born in the same playing session were always different - the problem was only ever the starting point.

Here's my own stupid question.  Does it reset the starting point for the whole hood or for that lot only?
That is correct, cwykes.  The problem was that the randomizer would start at the same point every time you start the game.  Babies born during the same play session should be different.  So theoretically, if you never restarted the game, you wouldn't need this.  But once you restart the game, it starts at the beginning, and since most people restart their game every day and maybe one baby is born, then you get the first-born effect.  JM says ironically the only babies that are different a lot of times are twins, because they are born consecutively and the second one is born with the next personality and set of features in the series.  I don't think it would hurt to run the randomizer again though. 

To answer your second question, I think that it would reset the starting point for the whole game across neighborhoods, not just for that lot or hood, because it "shakes it up" for the game engine, because it is equivalent to going into CAS and generating an arbitrary number of Sims with the "dice" icon and immediately discarding them.  This simply automates the process.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2006 January 09, 12:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you  Smiley

Yes.

I like to use the randomiser for each birth - even when (rarely) there are two births in one play session. Otherwise the children are sequential anyway as you point out is the case for twins, rather than random. I prefer the RL reality of the randomness. Randomising each birth is probably a good habit to get into, it's easy to forget whether it has been done since the game was restarted.

So the simple answer was 'yes'.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 January 09, 12:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not leave several pregnant sims just about ready to give birth before you close your game, then when you reload, visit each one in turn (after randomizing)  and let them have the baby?  Wouldn't this mean that each baby after the first would be random?  Next time they have babies on those lots, change the order in which you visit for further randomisation!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2006 January 09, 15:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM says ironically the only babies that are different a lot of times are twins, because they are born consecutively and the second one is born with the next personality and set of features in the series. 

Did Nightlife change something? I recently had twins born in one of my neighborhoods and I was all set to adjust their star signs so they would be the same when I discovered they already were the same  Shocked their personalitys were slightly different from each other also
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 January 09, 16:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting sick and tired of repeating myself on this issue, so the short version: No.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 January 09, 20:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[ I was just stating that that's what I 'thought' might have been the conflict, since it only occurs with the 'Safe Woohoo' menu item.  Since you stated that that menu is tied to the bed objects, then I'll have to look further for the source of the conflict -- might be one of the LizzLoves things I added.  I'll report back after I do some more poking around.

I removed all the LizzLoves stuff, and the problem still occurs.  The only other thing I can think of that causes the 'Safe WooHoo' menu to farkle might be the 'reservable beds' I got off simlogical. Since I'm using them all over town now and would prefer to keep them rather than replace them all  Smiley, I can live with the 'strange text' as long as I remember it really means 'Safe WooHoo'. It's more a curiosity on my part as to why only that one menu item changes, since it doesn't break anything else in the game.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2006 January 09, 20:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I still get the same starsigns in a row, but the personalities and looks of the children differ...

...I recently had twins born in one of my neighborhoods and I was all set to adjust their star signs so they would be the same when I discovered they already were the same ...

Don't know why this happens, but I've always had the same thing. I adjust the starsigns in simpe.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2006 January 10, 07:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem as jsalemi, but only for the love tub : instead of safe woohoo I have replace candles - 0 asp. No problems with beds or hot tubs, and no problems when the sims are not on birth control.
As jsalemi said, it's not a big problem and I can live with it to.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 January 10, 12:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To anyone who thinks they don't need the Lot Debugger, YOU'RE WRONG. Get it. Put it on every lot. You NEED IT. I don't know how you can play with all the "stuck refrigerator tiles," "stuck kicky-bags," "stuck bills," loitering "offworld visitors," etc. that pile up, but it will get rid of those, and cause your game to run much smoother.

That's all I wanted to say.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 January 10, 13:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem as jsalemi, but only for the love tub : instead of safe woohoo I have replace candles - 0 asp. No problems with beds or hot tubs, and no problems when the sims are not on birth control.
As jsalemi said, it's not a big problem and I can live with it to.

Thanks -- I was beginning to think it was just some weirdness in my system. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2006 January 11, 03:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the download, Love anything that will improve game performance Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2006 January 17, 06:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this mentioned yet.  If you have debug mode enabled, and you shift-click on the lot debugger, there is an option to "Fudge Astrology" with number options 1-11.  What does this do?  Does it have anything to do with alien abductions?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2006 January 17, 07:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this mentioned yet.  If you have debug mode enabled, and you shift-click on the lot debugger, there is an option to "Fudge Astrology" with number options 1-11.  What does this do?  Does it have anything to do with alien abductions?
That option forces the astrology of your sim to a specific sign. It currently doesn't work right.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2006 January 17, 09:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it has to do with astrological signs, it seems to me that it would make more sense to use the names of the astrological signs.  I don't know what the numbers correspond to.  I've been using other methods to force my sims' astrological signs, since doing it with debug mode changes their signs.  It never mattered to me much what sign they were called until NL came along with the attraction system.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2006 January 17, 11:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, yeah. You see, the reason I don't do it by name is for several reasons: #1: That requires that I create individual, specific strings for every single sign. #2: I don't know what they are either. The easy way is just to drag the personality bars around until they match the sign you want, then note what number does NOT appear in the debugger, and then drag the personality to where you WANTED it to be, then set the sign back. Great way for setting the astrologies of, in particular, MATY sims, who, because they are based on real people, don't have personalities which necessarily match signs.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2006 January 17, 14:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question about the randomizer, how long does it take after you select randomize for it to regenerate and quit the lot? I ask because I have selected the randomizer after saving the lot and I get the pop up, but it never quits or does anything beyond the popup. I haven't had a problem with mini-me's yet so either it's working (?) or it's a non issue currently in my game. Although I dont have that many births happening currently either.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: