More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:05:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100644 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #900 on: 2008 February 03, 03:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crazies. Phone booth + Page Down.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
edejan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: 2008 February 05, 22:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hate to change the subject but I have a question which I can't quite figure out.   I've read that there is a way to delete all sims in memory with "0" relationship score in order to reduce the file size for your sim.  Is this something the debugger can do?  And is this a good idea?  Also why would you want to "force error"  on a sim?  I know it's a kindergarten question, but I have a sim who keeps popping up "object error" messages and I'm afraid I'm going to lose her.  Any help, please??  XXXOOO
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: 2008 February 05, 23:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know about the relationship clearing, but some of the other questions, I have an answer for. Force error provides a detailed analysis of the sim in question and also the lot you are playing on; it's mainly used by people who mod the game for debugging purposes. On that note, post some of your error logs in "Oops! You Broke It" and someone there may be able to help you.
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: 2008 February 05, 23:51:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know about the relationship clearing, but some of the other questions, I have an answer for. Force error provides a detailed analysis of the sim in question and also the lot you are playing on; it's mainly used by people who mod the game for debugging purposes. On that note, post some of your error logs in "Oops! You Broke It" and someone there may be able to help you.

You can also force error to slap unresponsive sims back into line.
edejan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: 2008 February 06, 05:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Kutto and EsotericPolarBear.  I now realize I'm completely out of my depth here!!!   
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: 2008 February 06, 16:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are instructions on how to submit error logs in the forum FAQ, I think the thread is called "Spore Torrents Here" right now.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: 2008 February 09, 16:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All attributes of the baby are set at birth. The baby doesn't even exist until it's born. Therefore, rerandomizing once per game session, BEFORE any births or other character creations, is enough to mostly-eliminate identical babies.

Back to the randomizer...I realize the word "mostly" is there, meaning there still exists the chance of a clone...which has happened.  I am using the randomizer BEFORE the birth of the baby...this is the correct time, yes? 
My real question is this: does the randomizer only pertain to the lot/family where it is used, or does it apply to the entire neighborhood?  In other words, must I use it for every family?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: 2008 February 09, 17:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you only need to run the randomizer once per play session -- it applies to the entire hood during that session.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: 2008 February 09, 18:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you only need to run the randomizer once per play session -- it applies to the entire hood during that session.
It applies to the entire game, no matter which hood you run it in, for the entire session. Running it multiple times for any or no reason will not hurt your game, and may improve entropy even further, as there's a limited low-range for number of sequence values jumped due to the fact that generating extremely large numbers of sims just to push the generator can lag the crap out of your computer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sorchin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: 2008 February 18, 05:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello:
Silly question I'm sure but here it goes; Where does this "debugger" mod show up in game?
I have read through a number of pages concerning this mod, I have read things like "I click on the debugger" etc.
Or is this a mod that simply works in the background? Humm can someone help please?
Thank you...
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: 2008 February 18, 05:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Misc./Misc. Most mods are found there. The debugger is a big box with the batman symbol on it; it's hard to miss.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: 2008 February 18, 06:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's under Misc.>misc.  It's a black box with the batman symbol on it.  Now..If someone would tell me where I can find the magic wand, I would be forever indebted. Due to unawesomeness, I can't seem to locate it. And yes, the collection folder is in my documents>eagames>sims2>collections.  No sign of it. :/

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: 2008 February 18, 06:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other---Other. Looks like a black box with a batman insignia on the top.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: 2008 February 18, 19:29:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's under Misc.>misc.  It's a black box with the batman symbol on it.  Now..If someone would tell me where I can find the magic wand, I would be forever indebted. Due to unawesomeness, I can't seem to locate it. And yes, the collection folder is in my documents>eagames>sims2>collections.  No sign of it. :/

Then why haven't you checked the collection folder? It should be in there, and only in there.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
sorchin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: 2008 February 18, 19:30:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks I found it.
Much appreciated Smiley
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: 2008 February 18, 20:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then why haven't you checked the collection folder? It should be in there, and only in there.

I appreciate the response, but the collections folder isn't showing. In fact, I just reorganized my folders. That's when I realized the folder wasn't showing in game. :/  I double checked my collections file in my sims2 folder and the collection file for the magic wand is there. I have also tried re-downloading the hack and reinstalling the files: Collection file in the collections folder and the hack in my subfolder of Awesomeness. No joy. I assume I am installing the files correctly?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: 2008 February 18, 20:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you put both the files in the collection folder? If so that may be the problem. Try making sure that the actual Magicwand file is in downloads.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: 2008 February 18, 20:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the reply. Smiley  Nope. The collections folder contains the collections file and the hack itself is in downloads>hacks>pescado just like all the other awesomeness. I'm starting to think my game is fritzing. 

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #918 on: 2008 February 18, 23:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try it in just one sub-directory, or loose in your Downloads folder. It may be too buried to show up.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: 2008 February 19, 04:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Collection files are different between some expansions.  I had to make my own collection for the magic wand for my OFB-only game.  What's your setup?

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: 2008 February 19, 07:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all so very much for trying to help.  Kiss  I finally got it working. I guess third time is the charm. I reinstalled the hack again and it automagically appeared in my collections. This time I didn't tell it to overwrite the old files. I removed the old ones and installed the newly extracted files. I have no idea why on earth it didn't work the last two times. There must have been a small gnome living in my computer that was upsetting the games humours.

Again, thanks everyone for helping. It is much appreciated.

Simergy
Asinine Airhead

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: 2008 February 19, 21:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magic wand?  What magic wand?  This is the first I've heard of it.

If it's half as awesome as Macrotastics, I want it. 

I did a search on magic wand and it just gave me the above posts, nothing older.

Better safe than sorry
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: 2008 February 20, 01:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's magic, you wave it around and either it unbreaks your unplayable lot
because your sims have all gone missing, or it depreciates everything to
minimum normal value, so you don't need a meditation dummy. It's a magic wand.

You can get it from the directory.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: 2008 February 21, 17:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The magic wand collection doesn't show up if you don't have a high enough EP.   I found that out playing an OFB only game using Numenor's basegamestarter).  Apparently there's some difference in format. There is an OFB format version somewhere.  That doesn't work in Pets though.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #924 on: 2008 February 21, 18:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB magic wand collection, second to last post:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10551.0.html

To make your own collection for Pets (or whatever), open up magicwand.package in SimPE and select the Object Data.  Check some Room Sort and Function Sort boxes to make it appear in the catalog.  Hit the "commit" button, save, then load your game and make a collection file for the now-visible magic wand box.  Then close the game, change the magic wand package back or install an unedited copy over it, and enjoy your new, working collection file.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 22, 19:43:31 by BastDawn » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: