More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:01:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Magic Wand not showing up in OFB-only game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Magic Wand not showing up in OFB-only game  (Read 3851 times)
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Magic Wand not showing up in OFB-only game
« on: 2007 December 17, 10:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As the title says, I can't get the Magic Wand collection to show up in my OFB-only game.  On my other computer, I have all the expansions through BV installed and the Magic Wand collection appears just fine.  In both cases, I installed the collection file in the Collections folder and put the hack file and rtfm in my Pescado sub-folder in Downloads.  What am I doing wrong?   Huh

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Magic Wand not showing up in OFB-only game
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 17, 10:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know because I had the same problem.  I'm still scratching my head wondering wtf I did wrong.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 17, 12:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. It's possible that the collection format used is no longer compatible with the format readable by OFB. You'll probably have to make a new collection for it, which I can't do because I lack an OFB-only install.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 17, 15:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then I shall get to work and see if I can make it happen.  I'll report back on it within 24 hours 45 minutes.

EDIT:  Fixed!  The OFB collection file is attached.  The actual hack and the rtfm are not included.

* MagicWandCollection-OFB.zip (2.03 KB - downloaded 582 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 December 17, 16:02:35 by BastDawn » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 18, 07:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bless you Bastdawn!

Hmm. It's possible that the collection format used is no longer compatible with the format readable by OFB. You'll probably have to make a new collection for it, which I can't do because I lack an OFB-only install.
I don't have a separate install for it, I'm using Numenor's BaseGameStarter to run it in my normal login.  Recent updates changed the way it fakes the game into going to the right folder, updated to Teen Style and added new functionality so can now install lots to it properly.  It's cool.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: