More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:49:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100755 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #100 on: 2005 September 09, 21:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the HackScanner from DJS Sims?

The debugger will put right various problems, but it sounds to me that something you downloaded has left a hack of some kind in your downloads, so I would try both to see if you can isolate the problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2005 September 09, 21:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where is DJS sims? Also I deleated all of my My docs/EA Games Folders for each user, could a hack land in the Program files area?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2005 September 09, 23:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.djssims.com/index.php

If you've deleted all your custom content, then I can't see that anything could have landed in your program files, but it could have corrupted something there, I think.  Anyway, I've given you the link, it's a useful program to have anyway, but bear in mind it sees all MoxoidMonkey's creations as hacks.

If something has got corrupted in your program files, I would think the easiest solution would be to remove all your saved games folders and do a complete uinstall/reinstall of University if you have it, or Sims 2 if not.  (If you have Uni, there should be no need to uninstall Sims2, unless nothing else works, and just reinstalling Uni is obviously much quicker!)  You can then return your Saved Games folders to their proper places in your My Documents/EAGames folder.

You could try the Debugger, but if this is a problem occurring on every lot you enter, then it doesn't seem like it's a problem which the Debugger is designed to fix - they are what you might call "lot-specific" rather than general.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2005 September 10, 02:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this fix time standing still? I have this problem on a few lots, ever since I was stupid enough to install some stuff from the exchange (I checked with clean installer & still got a digital STD?)! Anywhoo, I ended up removing all of my CC & still nothing moves?!?
Do you mean that sims on some lots are not aging? I just had that problem, ended up having to move the sims to a new lot - a non-Maxis lot - because apparently the aging controller can become corrupt and there is no current way of fixing it. Some pre-made Maxis houses are also supposed to have a corrupt aging controller. If it is just a few lots, that may be your problem.

If your sims are just not moving, frozen, then I haven't a clue.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2005 September 10, 03:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the first time I installed Uni, it happened to me when I was finally able to load a lot at all.  I took my downloads out again and started putting them back a few at a time.  Eventually I was forced to reinstall, as nothing else I tried worked.  However, the problem was only with the Campus, not with the Neighbourhood.  But it does seem there is something which can not only become corrupt, but can actual install a corrupted version of itself!

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2005 September 13, 21:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my very first maty post, just in case that makes anyone feel more, or less, kind. Cool

So I've been very lucky in terms of horrible nasty visible-from-space bugs in TS2 so far (knock wood), but I've got a glitch now that (while still minor) is tempting me to actually do something about it, and I thought I'd check first.

The problem is a non-working carpool exit portal (or a symptom that suggests that) on one lot: the carpool arrives, the Sim gets in, but the carpool doesn't drive off; instead it just sits there until the end of the hour and then vanishes ("well, the teleporter works okay, but it takes a long time to warm up").

Is this a thing that the FFS Lot Debugger is likely to be able to fix? (Is the one in this thread the most recent / correct version?  (I have Univ but not NL.))  Any particular advice beyond the obvious in using it to do that?  (Despite admiring them greatly from afar, I haven't actually used any custom objects with BHAVs in them, and I admit I'm a snidge nervous.)

Advice, thoughts, suggestions, dirty jokes, welcome,
DC
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2005 September 13, 21:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need Crammyboy's portal fix and Erzengel's replacement portals from ModTheSims2.

Read the thread on Tree Breaks and Missing Portals here at Maty for more informations.

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2005 September 13, 22:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need Crammyboy's portal fix and Erzengel's replacement portals from ModTheSims2.

Read the thread on Tree Breaks and Missing Portals here at Maty for more informations.

Thanks very!  Is that a "no" then on the question of whether the Lot Debugger addresses this problem?

For the lazy, here are the links:

The Case of the Tree Breaks and the Missing Portals here on maty.

Crammyboy's Portal Fix on MTS2 (prevents at least one thing that randomly deletes portals)

Carpool Not Showing Up - FIX on MTS2, from Erzengel; installable replacement portals

I'll try to get unlazy enough to actually try some of this on my lot...   Cool

DC
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2005 September 14, 00:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi JM just thought I would let u know that I am using this with nightlife and so far not a problem with it. I will  still test further though to see if there is any problems. Grin Grin Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2005 September 14, 05:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugger helps with a lot of problems, like stuck kicky bags, blocked fridge tiles, etc., but if you have a corrupted portal, you really need the portal fixes!  I found when I tried the debug option to get rid of Offworld Loiterers that I got Nannies arriving by the dozen and just walking into the house and getting in the way, not to mention walking up to poor Brandi and water-bombing or ventrilofarting her!  Funny it may have been for a while, but it soon wore off when I realised that this problem wouldn't go away while there were kids in the house!

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2005 September 14, 10:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The debugger helps with a lot of problems, like stuck kicky bags, blocked fridge tiles, etc., but if you have a corrupted portal, you really need the portal fixes! 

'k, thanks much (bene for you, hee hee hee).  I'll give them a try when I get sufficiently bothered by the teleporting-out carpool...                 DC
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2005 September 16, 07:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this safe with Nightlife? Anybody know? I've had some of these problems (stuck kicky bag)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2005 September 16, 07:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this safe with Nightlife? Anybody know? I've had some of these problems (stuck kicky bag)
I'm not sure, I have heard it is, but I do know that TwoJeffs at variousimmers.com has his college adjuster ready for Nightlife, and it can remove stuck kicky bags as well.  He says the old one will work, but the new version will make your sim a vampire or cure him of vampirism.  (Wonder if it would work on Pescado??? Wink)
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2005 September 16, 09:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes this object works as far as I know I have been using it since I got nightlife
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2005 September 22, 00:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please pardon my stupid question but what exactly is this "AWOL Headmaster" problem that can be fixed with this tool?

I tried this option on some of my lots and all of them apparently had the problem (at least that's what the pop-up message said) although I've never ever invited this headmaster guy - not even on other lots. Actually, on one lot the problem reoccured after I took a Sim to new Downtown (NL). When she came back and I clicked the option again, a message poped-up saying the problem got fixed again. Well, I don't know if it's really related to that reloading-the-lot-thingy, but... Wink

So what is this "AWOL Headmaster" problem anyway?

Black holes suck!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2005 September 22, 00:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering that as well. Even with my Sims at Uni, every couple of nights that option fixes 1 problem. My Sims have never left the dorm lot to go anywhere except to go to class.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2005 September 22, 17:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AWOL Headmaster appears as an option on all lots, even dorms.  What it does is delete the headmaster scenario controller.  It does not check to see if there's a messed up controller first, but doesn't appear to hurt anything in any case.

The AWOL Headmaster fixes problems where you have a headmaster that will not even show up when you call him, because the controller thinks there's already a headmaster scenario in progress.  If you have a lot where you can't get a headmaster to show up, and you can *still* Invite Headmaster after you've invited him once, then use the AWOL Headmaster option.

If you have a headmaster scheduled to show up when you upgrade the game with a patch or install a new EP, the controller will be messed up.  In my test house, the headmaster is standing in the living room even though he's not scheduled to appear for another 2 hours.  He disappears as soon as the game is unpaused, and there's no way to interact with him, even using Merola's Mind Control Mirror.  Inviting another headmaster does not give an error, but the headmaster never shows up.  Using AWOL Headmaster fixes the problem.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Vren Lyet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2005 September 23, 08:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read so much about bugs with this headmaster guy, but I've never experienced them myself as I therefore avoided calling him...

Thanx for the explanation! Smiley

Black holes suck!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2005 September 23, 09:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've had pretty good luck with him lately as long as I follow a few basic rules.  In fact, I had almost forgotten about the bug since I had gotten so used to doing it this way.  I save my game right before calling the headmaster and don't save it again until he is safely gone.  I always have my sims call him right before or right after 5 pm.  I have someone make the beds and I have someone clean (Macrotastics clean is good for this) and someone with high cooking skills cook pork chops or salmon.  I also try to make sure gardening is done earlier since it can take longer.  Then the sim who is not cooking will greet and give a tour to the headmaster.  Then they call him to dinner.  Usually by the time this is done, I have more than enough points to get my kids in private school.  I know you can get bonus points for the hot tub or espresso, but I have heard about the headmaster getting stuck in the hot tub, and I saw the headmaster disappear right before my eyes after he drank espresso and was trying to put his cup in the dishwasher, so I avoid those activities when he is there.  Chatting with the headmaster is good for a few points if it results in positive relationship points.  Once I used the lot debugger on those lots that I was not able to call the headmaster on and I follow the rule about calling the headmaster right at 5 and not saving until he is gone, I have had no further problems with him.  I just watch carefully, and if something goes wrong, I just have to reload the lot and do it again, avoiding whatever problem occurred the first time. But it is fun and I enjoy it.  It is so satisfying to get a high score and get your little sim children in private school so they can wear those cute uniforms.  But why do they still ride on the same yellow school bus that the kids in public school do?
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2005 September 25, 02:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a question on this...

I've got a student who's graduated but is still in the dorm. She can't get out. I've apparently got the stuck moveout bug happening and the lot debugger fixes it, but the taxi doesn't come and when I have her try to move out again, she goes back into limbo (freezes, etc. but the rest of the Sims on the lot are fine). How can I break out of this loop? Maybe I'm using the debugger wrong?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
stonecross
« Reply #120 on: 2005 September 27, 22:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The .zip file isn't coming up, I'm getting a 'server not found' message.  Is it temporary?

LisaX
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2005 September 28, 21:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Uni or NL.  Can I use the debugger? 
It says "tested on Uni" and most of the problems it addresses are Uni problems, so I thought I'd better ask before I put it in my game.
My main interest is headmaster bug as I had a major problem with that a few months back and don't trust it not to reappear as suddenly as it vanished.  I also want to try the randomiser to prevent all the kids being identical.    People were talking about Maxis Sims genetics being a problem - where can I read more about that?

Thank you for the hack JM.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2005 October 08, 19:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a question on this...

I've got a student who's graduated but is still in the dorm. She can't get out. I've apparently got the stuck moveout bug happening and the lot debugger fixes it, but the taxi doesn't come and when I have her try to move out again, she goes back into limbo (freezes, etc. but the rest of the Sims on the lot are fine). How can I break out of this loop? Maybe I'm using the debugger wrong?

Jen

You could try the Graduation No Move Out Fix, or the Move Out Controller Resetter, both by TwoJeffs and available at MTS2. (Best, I found, not to leave them in your game afterwards, they cause problems in the main neighbourhood.)

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: 2005 October 09, 15:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh thanks for the tip! I'll check those out. I did find that moving the students fixed the issue, but obviously that's a serious pain in the butt  Tongue

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2005 October 09, 17:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They worked fine for me, but as I say, they can mean that you can't get the main neighbourhood sims to move out, so it's best not to leave them in your game - I leave mine on the desktop so they're handy when I need to stick them back in!

Hope everything works for you!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: