More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:42:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pissing on the porch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pissing on the porch  (Read 12994 times)
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Pissing on the porch
« on: 2006 November 01, 19:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this one dog that is mostly housebroken but half the time pees on the porch.. Scold them? NO.  The reason I cant scold them is because the porch is counted as outside. So what do I do? If she is scolded she will then say ok...I must need to go inside and pee.  Any ideas? Huh Angry

originalhalf
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Pissing on the porch
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 01, 20:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh please fix this one

High Priestess of The Way of the Son of Perdition
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 01, 20:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with one of my lots. Everyday the dog pees on the porch right in front of the door. I don't think my sims will use that door until it gets cleaned up either...I do hope there is a way to fix this.
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 01, 20:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if there is a way to have them only pee on dirt or grass, not any other type of flooring.  You also wouldn't want your dog peeing on a patio or a driveway.
lingeringviolet
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 01, 21:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! I was wondering if I was the only one that this annoyed to no end. Every morning my sims wake up to a nice yellow puddle right in front of the front door even though I try and get them up early so they will take him for a walk. #@%&!

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!
It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 01, 21:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there bushes right next to the porch? I had a dog peeing on the patio, but it clearly thought it was peeing on the bushes. I solved it by moving the bushes one square away from the floor tiles.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 02, 00:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your puddles will be quickly cleaned up if you have a clean-bot in your house.  I keep mine in the garage and it faithfully cleans up the mess no matter where it is.  It just can't climb stairs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 02, 00:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Yellow Pee, the puddles should quickly disintegrate if outside. There's no way to detect porch-or-not-porch, which cuts both ways.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 02, 00:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a way to detect floortile-or-not-floortile?  I assume so because you can place some objects on floortiles and others you can't.  It makes no sense to a dog to pee on a hard surface in any event - they like to go places where the mess will be absorbed like the lawn or dirt (or the carpet) and will generally avoid concrete and the like without training.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 02, 01:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone posted in another thread that you can use the Stuck Object Remover to delete the "pee marker" that's left behind when the pee evaporates.  Move the door first, so it doesn't get deleted!

Someone else suggested building a dog run so the dog will be semi-trapped in a grassy area and leave his pee markers there.

Probably the dog had a semi-accident right by the door, and the pee marker just reinforces that behavior.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 02, 01:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just have the dog pee int he house and use a clean bot or maid.

Outside is just stupid since your yard will be full of weeds.

I put all my pets in a small room and lock the door to pets. They can ruin it all they want!!!

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 02, 01:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>Outside is just stupid since your yard will be full of weeds.<snip>

That's what daily gardner is for...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 02, 01:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outside is just stupid since your yard will be full of weeds.
Yellow Pee, like real pee, doesn't promote weed growth.

I put all my pets in a small room and lock the door to pets. They can ruin it all they want!!!
Sanmonroe is the sort of person who should not have pets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 02, 02:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The simplest way to fix this would be to lock pets from using all but 1 door that leads into a locked fenced in dog run area for a couple days (if the dog has a job, wait until their days off since if a dog misses its first shot at the carpool because of locked doors, you can't get him to go to work at all). Once they have marked a new spot, you can unlock everything and they'll still use their new spot instead of the porch.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 09, 20:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why, oh, why do they insist on trying to go out the front door to play fetch when it's locked, when there's a perfectly good, nice open backyard for them to go play fetch in?

The same applies to going outside to go pee!

All of my dogs are housebroken, they go out back to pee.  Yet suddenly they've turned against me and have started peeing in the house again! What on earth? You can scold all you like, but it doesn't make a darn bit of difference.

So I tried to use the stuck object remover to start deleting the puddles.  And even though the doggie was not on the same tile, I accidentally burninated the dog Shocked  Dumb question time: will she come back and be by the mailbox if I save and exit? She's still showing as "known" to my simmies, but no longer in the household panel.  Yikes. 

kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 09, 20:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I started a home business and if there is an accident or on porch I just sell the pee now.  Tongue

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 09, 22:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I started a home business and if there is an accident or on porch I just sell the pee now.

Kewian, you are an entrepreneur extraordinaire!

How much per pee?
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 09, 22:45:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually selling pee was Pescado's idea originally. heh.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 09, 23:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like I said. there should be a, "Kick in your stupid head." option for all pets who are stupid that is like sccolding, only ten times stronger. Just to be fair, it should immediately change them to cowardly or biter once this is done.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 09, 23:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I started a home business and if there is an accident or on porch I just sell the pee now.  Tongue

Undecided  How much does that tend to go for?

This was better in TS1 Unleashed -- there was a decorative fire hydrant object for housebroken dogs to piss on, and no puddle would be created from it.  Why the hell didn't they add something like that?

Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 10, 01:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of things were better in TS1. Graphics aside, it was probably the superior game.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 10, 02:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I tried to use the stuck object remover to start deleting the puddles.  And even though the doggie was not on the same tile, I accidentally burninated the dog Shocked  Dumb question time: will she come back and be by the mailbox if I save and exit? She's still showing as "known" to my simmies, but no longer in the household panel.  Yikes. 
Yes. Deleted sims for any reason respawn by the mailbox on lot-reload.

Kewian, you are an entrepreneur extraordinaire!

How much per pee?
Hah. Kewian isn't the one who came up with that one. I was the one selling Eau de Brynne first!

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 10, 05:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Phew* Thanks JM for the answer Smiley Next time I'll wait til she's moved a bit further away before putting down a stuck object remover.  Her tail must've got caught in the crossfire...lol.

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Ivy

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 10, 23:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i found a mod on mts2, i just cant remember which one,  that allows me to specify 'no puddles outside'.  which makes more sense really.  i wouldnt mind a weed marker there, but dogs peeing outside do not leave puddles.  and its already so hard to keep a yard nice.  i have no idea why i can put 200 rosebushes and 30 different beautiful trees and many many plots of flowers and it doesnt move the 'beauty'  score up.  its never made sense to me.  in fact im not sure the ofb plants raise the beauty score either.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 11, 09:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have tested Pets.  Now I can go back to denying pets to my families just like they are denied babies and toddlers (if they have any they are rushed through to childhood with my birthday cake the moment they are born).  Heh I might as well be playing Sims1!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: