More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:56:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?  (Read 23430 times)
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?
« on: 2006 November 01, 18:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have SimCribbling's "Self-Makeup #7" skintones that they could send to me? (http://louis.new21.net/skin/Louis_main_03skintone.html) Since Maxis has to be puritanically prudish, I can't d/l it from SimCribbling. It would be much appreciated.

I'm specifically looking for the tan and dark tan, so just those tones would be fine. Smiley
« Last Edit: 2006 November 01, 19:50:34 by idtaminger » Logged
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Hidden Assets on the SimExchange?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 01, 18:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yup, me to.
Isnt that what happens when you have it up on the exchange, but modify it so that its not DL'able?  Undecided

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 01, 18:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's what happens when you put a "realistic" skintone on the exchange.  Better to ask around to see if anyone has the skin to send to you.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 01, 20:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's what happens when you put a "realistic" skintone on the exchange.  Better to ask around to see if anyone has the skin to send to you.

That sucks...Ok then. I've edited the original post.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Anyone have Simcribbling's skintones?
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 01, 20:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well he did multiple skintones and then there's lots of variations on his that other people modified. Personally, I use the modified Louis #7 skins from Shiny Sims.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 01, 20:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got someone sending the originals, so a big thanks. Smiley

And thanks to Motoki for the Shiny Sims link. I like the edits - they'll make great defaults, I think.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 01, 20:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The do make good defaults IMO and I'm kind of picky too. The changes they made were kind of subtle, but they toned down certain aspects of his skins that made them look a little fake.

They also have a nice set of replacement eyes without the borders around them that 99.99999% of cc creators who make eyes use. This way they don't look funny when they look to the side, up, down or in the cinema scenes when their eyes get real wide.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 01, 22:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The do make good defaults IMO and I'm kind of picky too. The changes they made were kind of subtle, but they toned down certain aspects of his skins that made them look a little fake.

I'm pretty sure I read some where that 'louis' is a she. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 01, 22:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the Shiny Sims version of the skins too. I don't mind belly button piercings but it looks silly to me on every single sim. Looks better on specific outfits IMHO. I like Shiny Sims eyes also. They don't do that weird extra eyelid thing when the sim has the wide-eyed expression.
jinx
Asinine Airhead

What You Looking At?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 01, 22:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some at neighbourhood 99 http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm77.showMessage?topicID=173.topic you have to be a member though and there were some links here http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=19091 hope it helps  Grin
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 03, 09:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, that most *definitely* helped, Jinx! Excellent links Smiley

Cheers & thanks!
Liz

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 03, 10:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I read some where that 'louis' is a she. Smiley

Yes, Louis is a "she." Wink

Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 03, 10:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They also have a nice set of replacement eyes without the borders around them that 99.99999% of cc creators who make eyes use. This way they don't look funny when they look to the side, up, down or in the cinema scenes when their eyes get real wide.

Which set would this be? I have one now that I really like (Obscure eyes from MTS2) but those borders around them are staring to creep me out!

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 03, 14:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://shinysims.x-y.net/sims2/zboard.php?id=body&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=7

None of them on that page have the borders actually. They even have a pic of a sim looking down and you can see the border isn't there on the one set.

The first set is custom eyes without borders in a bunch of colors, the second set is contacts and the third one down the botton (this is the one I use) are defaults.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 03, 14:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooo, those default eyes are nice!

* jsalemi goes off to download...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 03, 15:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use some of Seomi's defaults. They glisten, and there are no borders.

The rest of my eye color folder is Enayla's and Helaene's. I never use anyone else's. Although, those are very pretty. It's just way too easy to go eye color crazy. And seriously, how many blues can you possibly need?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 04, 07:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use GunMod's eyes from MTS2, including the default replacements, which are based on Helaene's original design. The weird colours work well for aliens, faeries, and such, whilst the more natural colours look great on 'human' sims. I've never noticed an unusual border on any of them.

I don't like most of the Louis skins, or the Enayla ones for that matter. They are skillfully done, and many of them are quite beautiful, but to me they look unrealistic and overly 'drawn' - sort of shiny and dirty at the same time. Real skin doesn't have so many shade-variations in it, plus shadows and highlights change based on ambient lighting. To have them rendered directly onto the skin (or the clothing, or the hair) just looks weird and extremely fake to me. Except for the 'Barbie and Ken' effect, I think the Maxis skins look much more realistic, although I don't understand why the breasts on the darker skins are so much lighter than on the rest of the body. Are they supposed to be tan-lines? Undecided

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 November 04, 13:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't like most of the Louis skins, or the Enayla ones for that matter. They are skillfully done, and many of them are quite beautiful, but to me they look unrealistic and overly 'drawn' - sort of shiny and dirty at the same time. Real skin doesn't have so many shade-variations in it, plus shadows and highlights change based on ambient lighting. To have them rendered directly onto the skin (or the clothing, or the hair) just looks weird and extremely fake to me. Except for the 'Barbie and Ken' effect, I think the Maxis skins look much more realistic, although I don't understand why the breasts on the darker skins are so much lighter than on the rest of the body. Are they supposed to be tan-lines? Undecided

I have the same misgivings, personally...Beautiful and wonderfully done as they are, they look...oily. And I don't like the hyper-definition they give to the face, they way they change the shape of the facial features and such... I like using default replacements that look like Maxis tones, with 'bits'. Forget whose I used, I'm playing vanilla-ish...
I guess the breasts on the darker skins are lighter to show some kind of definition, or something? Dunno...hehe

(edited cos I miss out words...>.<)

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 November 04, 15:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any Helaene based eyes will have the borders unless someone did some SERIOUS editing.

Seriously, 99% of custom eyes have the borders and it looks like shit in the the game when the sim does anything but look straight ahead. It looks absolutely aweful in the cinema movies. And yet everyone oohs and aahs these custom eyes and makes them features etc.

Basically the ones I know of without the borders are Maxis and any simple recolors of Maxis eyes (ie they still look similar to the cartoony Maxis ones), Lyran's, a set that SimderZ did and Shiny Sims. If anyone knows of anymore eyes without the borders let me know please!

*Edit: I checked and Enayla's and Gunmod's both have the borders. They borrow heavily from the Helaene template. Tongue

Who is the one who started the who god damned border around the eye textures anyway? I'd like to slap the shit of out them because now everyone copies it. Newsflash, the eye mesh on sims is a separate mesh that's a ball inside the head. If I took my eye out of its socket in my head and you looked at it, would it have an eyelid wrapped around it? No. Then neither should a Sims2 eye texture.

*steps off soap box*
« Last Edit: 2006 November 04, 16:10:02 by Motoki » Logged

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 November 04, 17:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never zoom in on my sims enough to see any painted on eyelid or lack of so, so I don't care either way.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 November 04, 18:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically the ones I know of without the borders are Maxis and any simple recolors of Maxis eyes (ie they still look similar to the cartoony Maxis ones), Lyran's, a set that SimderZ did and Shiny Sims. If anyone knows of anymore eyes without the borders let me know please!

Rosesims has a set of 4 "contacts" that are fabulous - more fancy than Lyran's, but still w/ the maxis eye borders. It sucks that there are only 4 colors, b/c I think they'd make great defaults, and I haven't had time to reccolor anything.

And on CC skins, I think one of the best things about them is the serious, serious defugging it enables, w/out any makeup at all. I've had sims whom I previously considered unredeemably FUG, turn up and surprise me w/ their attractiveness/un-atrociousness, using CC skins as defaults. Heck, even the exterminator surprised me w/ her un-fugging, and everyone knows how ugly those exterminators look. I'll try and get a picture if I can, but the difference is remarkable.

I've found Peggy's recent "special gift" skins to be amazing for defugging purposes, and in fact it was the one thing that made me cave to my only TS2 subscription, ever. And Enayla does a great job in making healthy looking light skins. A lot of times light skins can look deathly pale, but she makes hers look amazingly porcelain. Of course, both these skins required MAJOR editing on my part to get them to my tastes - decreasing the oil-slick shine on Enayla's skin of course, and getting rid of the belly piercings and lipstick and nailpolish, esp. since I mostly use CC skins as default-replacements. But once they're fixed, wow are they effective!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 November 04, 18:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even go that far... I usually just give them different hair styles and some blush, and their giant frog mouths and horse eyes suddenly become much less noticable.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 November 04, 18:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't even go that far... I usually just give them different hair styles and some blush, and their giant frog mouths and horse eyes suddenly become much less noticable.

Less noticeable, yes, but still fug. When I say these skins unfug, I mean they REALLY unfug...they're like extra strength scar makeup for the Sims - except more natural looking.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 November 04, 19:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

. If anyone knows of anymore eyes without the borders let me know please!
Wonderful (to my taste) photo-realistic eyes set by Wildstar24 at TSR (she is not a feature artist so her stuff is perm-free now) : exist as custom and default replacement. Also exist as cat eyes.
Default Replacement
Custom Eyes (Normal and Hazel) If you want I have them decustomized and geneticized (except the 5 default colors as I use the default replacement).
Default Replacement (Hazel)
Feline Default Replacement
Custom Feline Eyes If you want I have them decustomized and geneticized.

Pioupiou
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 November 05, 18:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sylla at TSR has some nice etes. In fact, I use them as default replacements in my game.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: