More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 19:35:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!  (Read 292736 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
« Reply #150 on: 2008 May 01, 22:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one knows. We just know that it is extremely bad. There is no logical reason why this should happen at all, and it is clearly a hardcoded response, as it cannot happen on ACCIDENT, so it is clearly some manner of EAxis sadism.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: 2008 May 02, 07:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it happens to Eaxis sims as well as ours.  They'd have to be supremely incompetent to have messed up the family trees and genetics for pre-made families as much as they have otherwise.  I was looking at Desiderata valley genetics this morning because someone asked me where Pauline Aspir's brown hair came from.  Mum is blonde & dad has black hair.  Answer should be that Dad has a recessive gene for brown hair, but expressed=recessive for all 3.  Dad's parents have black and brown hair - again - expressed=recessive for both parents.  ! don't think I've screwed up Desiderata Valley....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 May 02, 15:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No one knows. We just know that it is extremely bad. There is no logical reason why this should happen at all, and it is clearly a hardcoded response, as it cannot happen on ACCIDENT, so it is clearly some manner of EAxis sadism.

Figures. Silly EAxis. Well, thanks for the responses. I have kept all the crap DNA around so it should be all right.

I had a fun time cleaning up Desiderata Valley. At first I thought that it didn't look too bad, and that they'd actually managed to do an okay job this time... Then I realised that a whole bunch of the spammy useless dead grandparents were missing the family tree relationships to their kids, and NONE of the dead characters had a relationship to their spouse. And the memories of the premade characters - complete mess. Most of them had a memory of growing up from baby to toddler, and one of them had a memory of two sims of a different family being abducted by aliens - which they had no memory of themselves, of course. And so on. I wonder how exactly they do put together these hoods.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: 2008 May 04, 08:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has your aspir family got messed up genetics too?  no recessive genes in sight to account for Pauline's brown hair?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008 May 04, 21:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has your aspir family got messed up genetics too?  no recessive genes in sight to account for Pauline's brown hair?

I fixed so many recessive genetics that I completely lost track, but yes, I do think so. The dad has brown hair recessive now, anyway, so I must've fixed it. About 99% of the characters did not have any recessive traits.

Surprisingly, both Tank and Ripp Grunt in Strangetown actually had correct recessive genetics. Buck would've, too, except he wasn't supposed to have blond hair, then, but brown. I think I gave Buzz recessive red or something.

I'm such a terrible nitpick. I wonder if I'll even play much with any of this. I just like fiddling and fixing.

Another question:
I read somewhere that resurrecting Pleasantview Bella is bad (even though she's not properly "dead"), because she has no DNA file. Sure enough, she doesn't. So what happens if I do resurrect and play her? Will the game swipe DNA from some other sim? I've bred her before in previous reincarnations of Pleasantview and the kids got the correct genetics from her (black hair, brown eyes, type 3 skin), provided I set her to not "unlinked". Will this badness happen only if I breed her, or if I bring her around at all? Can I make a new DNA for her? Am I better off making a new Bella, redirecting all memories and relationships to her, and delete the old one?
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 May 06, 13:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you shift-clicking while in debug mode?
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008 May 08, 20:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While is Debugg mode.  I think. I put the debugger on the lot and shift clicked on it.

Debug mode = boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 May 09, 16:20:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try "boolProp dormSpecificToolsDisabled false".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 May 25, 18:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, in my last round of townie aging I killed off about 16 townies. On seven of them, when I prepped for delete, I received no message confirming or showing their number. Now, I can still find them in SimPE and complete the rest of the procedure, but I'm hesitant to do so. Safe? Unsafe?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 May 25, 18:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You did it wrong. Redo those numbers.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 May 25, 21:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've retried prepping those sims three times. I get no confirmation message showing the number. I had done nothing other than kill them beforehand. This is my first batch of townies to kick it. So....there's really nothing for me to have done wrong with these seven sims. And it's not like I'm unfamiliar with the procedure; I Deleted 2'ed at least 90 sims in Queen's Cove. It also worked for the other nine.

Now, I know what the actual numbers are because I can see them in SimPE. This is no issue. I can delete the SimDescription files for them and the character files. But I don't want to do it without LotDebugger doing its thing correctly. I'd rather have all the dead sim bits in my files rather than floating memories and relationships with no references clogging the works. Would attaching an affected character file help?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
cheshire_cat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 June 11, 12:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I did this before, but this time I screwed up.

I prepped 9 sims (custom townies) for deletion. 3 of them have family ties that I stupidly forgot to sever. One of those 3 is father and grandfather to my playable sims. I haven't deleted SDCSs yet of those 3 yet, or reseted Sim Creation Index or deleted their character files. Now what should I do? Is it possible to restore those sims somehow? My last back-up is not very fresh, ofcourse. I suck.

Also, is it safe to delete SCOR instances (not for those 3 screwed up sims of mine, but in general)?
cheshire_cat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 June 11, 13:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but changes made to my previous post just wouldn't stick, so here I am, double-posting  Roll Eyes

"ETA - Just thought of something. If I sever the family ties of all the sims that are related to the screwed up sims, will that solve the problem? Or I'll just make a bigger mess? Or all is lost already?
Say, my playable kid's grandad is prepped for deletion. I sever the kid's family ties with InSim. Will that ruin kid's memories of 'Learned to...' and stuff? Will I be able to properly restore the kid's ties with mommy and daddy?"
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 July 07, 11:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it safe to delete related Sims if you delete the entire family?  For example, I don't want the families that came with some of the expansion packs.  I've not placed them in a lot yet.  I'm assuming it's not safe to delete them from the Sim bin from what I've read, but could I delete them (using Deleted 2) if I make sure to get them all, because then there wouldn't be any relatives left to be mucked up by their absence?  Or will it still cause problems in some mystifying and sadistic EA way?
Milhouse Trixibelle Saltfucker III
Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

How is a weasel like a writing desk?

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 July 07, 15:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just use inSim to sever their family ties with each other, then delete them? It might be an extra step to take, but at least it will help make sure you don't break anything.

04:49 <@Pescado> That seems somehow unnecessarily cruel.

21:17 < Kewian> Trixie one day you are going to pay for your crimes.

Your source for blood and circuses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 July 07, 18:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version should correctly handle the family tie nonsense.

coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 July 08, 10:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version should correctly handle the family tie nonsense.

Okay, thanks - I'll make sure I've got the latest version and give it a try after a backup.  I've had to clear out about 150 excess gardeners from the missing portal bug waaaay back around base game time, so I'm almost deleting in my sleep at this point.  At least the family ones shouldn't require searching through that huge list of NPC names that was starting to make my eyes cross.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 July 11, 01:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleted 2 will search-and-destroy all such memories and nuke them. You may also wish to torch attraction tokens at the same time.

Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 July 21, 11:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried this for the first time on a nanny that had generated before installing the nanny lobotomy thing, but I think I did something wrong, as when I looked at the file in SimPE she still had a relationship level to another sim that I used "Make me know everyone" on a while back. I thought the prepare for delete torched those?  I did have an error during the preparing for deletion, but I assumed at first that it was supposed to happen - only now when I'm looking at the instructions again (for the SimPE part), I'm not so sure. Did I do something terribly wrong?

Edit: It seems that someone else has had the same problem, in a post in the Lot Debugger's own thread, so I guess it wasn't my own stupidity, unless we're both equally stupid. I actually replied there hours ago but only just now thought of modifying this post.
« Last Edit: 2008 July 22, 00:04:21 by Tsenatserix » Logged

Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008 August 02, 21:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... I'm obviously still not very good at this. I deleted 2'd a bunch more random Strangetown sims, including Circe Beaker's grandparents (Andros+Eurydice Salamis, Moira+Gwrtheyrn McGork). All the others were easily zorched, except for the dead grandparents. I figure it's because they are unlinked, but I really want them and all the other unnecessary dead family-tree-clutterers gone, once and for all. So... since I'm all new at this and such, I'm just going to accept my non-awesomeness and ask for help. So, um - help?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 August 03, 03:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm uncertain what exactly is happening that is wrong.

Saltfucking Weasel
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 August 03, 13:40:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't being - as I call it - "zorched". Nothing is being destroyed - SWAF and such is still there, and indeed some stupid crap that probably *shouldn't* be there in the first place is there, suggesting that, since I haven't touched them at all, EAXIS really corrupted them badly. They simply aren't deleted down to SDSC and SDNA.

MoonKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 August 16, 18:35:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this is probably a really stupid question, but...how do I convert DEC to HEX?  Huh I can't seem to find the option anywhere in SimPE.

"Cake: The other white meat."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 August 16, 20:09:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They aren't being - as I call it - "zorched". Nothing is being destroyed - SWAF and such is still there, and indeed some stupid crap that probably *shouldn't* be there in the first place is there, suggesting that, since I haven't touched them at all, EAXIS really corrupted them badly. They simply aren't deleted down to SDSC and SDNA.
Sometimes the SWAF sticks around anyway when nuking unlinked sims. If it's still there, just delete it manually, and check that all memories pertaining to the sim were purged. The debugger should definitely find those.

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 August 17, 10:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this is probably a really stupid question, but...how do I convert DEC to HEX?  Huh I can't seem to find the option anywhere in SimPE.

Window - Number Converter (Ctrl + H)

In my SimPE version (0.66), the lines aren't labelled, but the formats are as follows:

Line 1: Hexadecimal
Line 2: Decimal
Line 3: Binary
Line 4: Exponential

You could also use the Windows Calculator (View - Scientific (?)), type in the number and switch to HEX.  Or convert it manually.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: