More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:52:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!  (Read 290918 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo!
« Reply #100 on: 2008 January 01, 20:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would be better off starting a new neighborhood. Like Lord Darcy said, your new neighborhood is FUBARed and just removing the Witch Doctor will not fix it. If there are existing Sims that you must have in your new neighborhood, you can clone them and recreate them. There are a number of tutorials on how to do this; a quick Google search will get you started.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2008 January 01, 23:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got the lot debugger, figured it out after a while, and got the Witch Doctor deleted out of my neighborhood properly.

Game runs great now.

Yeah there probably is some level of corruption but if it's not affecting my game play, I can ignore it.

Thanks those of you who offered useful info.

And Mr. Pescado, that Lot Debugger is a damn fine device. Good work there. Just putting it in my lot made it run a bit better.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 January 01, 23:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I got the lot debugger, figured it out after a while, and got the Witch Doctor deleted out of my neighborhood properly.

Game runs great now.

Yeah there probably is some level of corruption but if it's not affecting my game play, I can ignore it.

Thanks those of you who offered useful info.

And Mr. Pescado, that Lot Debugger is a damn fine device. Good work there. Just putting it in my lot made it run a bit better.

Yeah, that's a great idea. Get really involved in that hood, play it for another generation or two, make sure that you care deeply about the sims so that it will be all the more crushing when the corruption starts to show. But when it eventually blows up don't come crying to us asking for a fix. The fact that it's still (apparently) functioning doesn't mean that it isn't already dead.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Ethendrelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 January 01, 23:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invisigoth's post showed up as I was tying my reply, but I want to second what she said. In my experience, TS2 bugs often don't affect gameplay immediately. For example, problems I had in the past included one Sim having a corrupted memory, which spread through the neighborhood as gossip, and I did not realize it was a problem until numerous Sims were "infected" with the bad memory. If you are concerned that there is corruption in your neighborhood, you are better off taking the time to fix it NOW when your neighborhood is smaller rather than later when it is larger. If your neighborhood is relatively small, it might not be a bad idea to take the time to clone the Sims you are attached to and start a new neighborhood. You can use SimPE to re-establish the family ties of the Sims you cloned. I believe there are tutorials in Peasantry on how to do this.

My advice is to look at the hacks available on this site and install all the critical and (very) important fixes. If you have not done so already, do take the time to delete the extra tour guides. You can also use the lot debugger to perform periodic game maintenance, such as deleting neighborhood gossip and clearing memories from dead Sims.

I never would have thought moving an occupied lot would damage things. Seems very irresponsible of EA to not warn you about that while you're doing it.

Yes, that is quite an understatement. I would go a step farther and say that it is moronic of EA to include a feature that is so obviously broken.

> select * from users where clue > 0;

0 rows returned
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 January 02, 00:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad you replied in addition to invisigoth because I don't speak asshole.

I'll definitely heed your advices, and I really appreciate the thorough warning and suggestions. Thanks.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 January 02, 01:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad you replied in addition to invisigoth because I don't speak asshole.

I'll definitely heed your advices, and I really appreciate the thorough warning and suggestions. Thanks.

You came in here whining and complaining because you don't like the information that we're providing you with either because it's too difficult or not what you want to hear. Lord Darcy already mentioned that you've ruined your hood and you totally ignored that useful warning. Excuse me for pointing it out in a way that I thought you would be capable of understanding. This website is full of useful TS2 information that you chose to ignore. You want us to do everything for you, and we don't coddle the lazy or stupid here. You said that you've already realized that MATY is not a nice, cuddly place, so start acting like it. If you get butthurt this easily you'll never survive here.

Furthermore, I speak bitch, not asshole.

Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 January 02, 04:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your life would be less stressful if you were capable of ignoring people.

Obviously I'm a pain in the ass to you, yet you don't have to continue coming to this thread to eagerly see how the conversation is developing and come spread your negativity. Are you that bored with your life?

There are several people, like Ethendrelle, who seem interested in helping people to a degree, so clearly not everyone here is a prick. There is a lot of useful information and resources here so I'd like to stick around. That will be more pleasant if I ignore people like you, since I can already see that you aren't helpful. I would suggest that you consider doing the inverse.

Lord Darcy was helpful. What makes you think I ignored him? Don't act like you know everything.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 January 02, 04:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your life would be less stressful if you were capable of ignoring people.

In fact the same could be said of you.

Actually Invisigoth is very helpful, and is completely correct in saying don't come running to us once your hood a'splodes you have been warned. As to the next post, again Invisigoth is correct again the information is all here it is up to you to understand what it means.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 January 02, 04:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several people, like Ethendrelle, who seem interested in helping people to a degree, so clearly not everyone here is a prick. There is a lot of useful information and resources here so I'd like to stick around. That will be more pleasant if I ignore people like you, since I can already see that you aren't helpful. I would suggest that you consider doing the inverse.

Lord Darcy was helpful. What makes you think I ignored him? Don't act like you know everything.

I used some (not even terribly harsh) sarcasm in response to your statement that you thought that it would be okay to just ignore possible problems with your game. It was far from the meanest thing that I've seen on this site. In response you called me an asshole. It seems to me that you overreacted and got unnecessarily mean pretty quickly. My second response to you was calm and I didn't get personal or swear at you except in direct reference to the term you used on me. I at no time called you a bitch or asshole. You respond by insulting me and calling me useless. That doesn't really make a lot of sense to me, in fact, it seems as if you have been the one who's behavior is out of line.

Also, do you remember when I helped you earlier in this thread?

Starting from scratch isn't what I meant by "able to play my neighborhood again". I meant the neighborhood I put a lot of work into before Bon Voyage came and fuckt it up.

Here are your options; either figure out how to use Deleted 2, restore to a pre-BV backup copy of the neighborhood (before the unwanted characters were added), or delete your neighborhood and start over.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 January 02, 05:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Frankly, invisigoth, I thought your post was quite reasonable and considerate, and provided helpful information to someone who asks for help and then bites the hand that gives it to them.

@Sky:  We don't hate you because you don't know everything.  We do provide help to people who honestly try to help themselves, respect the culture of the forum, and treat the MATY members with respect.  Your brand of lashing out at people who may express some irritation that you are not listening to good advice is frankly not making you any friends here, and will be counterproductive if you are really looking for help in either saving your sims or your hood.  We are beginning to hate you because you are demonstrably an idiot.

Tribulatio proxima est
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 January 02, 05:35:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure it's evident but I'll say it; I am/was utterly clueless about this stuff.

I went to some forum and told them of my woes with BV and they gave me a link to this thread.

After a few days of trying to understand the tutorial here I decided I had to ask some questions. When I mean utterly clueless I mean it. I have only played the sims 2. When I go looking thru this forum and see an area called FFS hacks, I didn't think that was even related to the sims 2. I thought this was a forum for a myriad of games and FFS may as well have meant Fairy Fuck Safari, I didn't know what a hack was in the context of TS2. I thought the war room was the "Sims 2 section".

I look at the tutorial and I don't know what a lot debugger is, or what debug mode is. I don't know what "Ye Olde simPE" or "newfangled craptastic" are, whether they are part of the game or what, much less how to get to each shown window. I don't know where to find character files.

I ask for a bit of help, I never whined or complained, and all I hear is "HAY DUMY IT DUN SAY RITE THARE WUT 2 DUE!" Am I dumb because I have never explored TS2 outside of the playable game? Maybe. I don't know, but coming to that realization didn't help me.

So I figure it out and delete my problem sim, with almost zero help from anyone (a few people gave a vague link like "look around in there"). And my game ran fine. Again, clueless, I thought this meant the threat was gone, because I was not aware of how a little corruption can get worse, because I know nothing about stuff like that. You simply tell me how stupid I am. A nice person comes a long and subtly lets me know that I am stupid, while telling me how to improve my situation.

That's why I don't like you(@invisigoth). Your interest involves telling people they are wrong, whereas I would tell them they are wrong and help them, to my ability, to understand why they are wrong and help them become right. That seems like the right thing to do if you know something someone else doesn't. If people didn't share their knowledge we would be building the wheel.

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 January 02, 05:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, we have cleverly hidden all of our TS2 knowledge by publishing it publicly on the internet for anyone to search, access, and learn from freely. It is wrong of me to expect people to read that information. I have contributed to this knowledge base and helped other players whenever I had the pertinent information or technical ability. When I arrived at this forum I had never used a hack, I had never heard of FFS or Pescado, and I knew nothing about the information available here. I had only played the game. What you are expected to do at MATY, and what most of us have done, is to use the search button, to look through the forums, and most importantly to read the FAQ before expecting others to hand you everything that you want. I didn't just magically know all about hacks so I read everything I could find. I took the time and energy to learn.

Actually, by explaining a little bit about MATY culture and linking you to our site guide I am helping you once again. One of the two unofficial MATY mottos is "lurk moar". That means spend some time and take some initiative to try to figure things out on your own. Looking around the site would be a good first step. Familiarize yourself with your surroundings. If you think that I'm horrible just wait until you see Retardo Land; the second MATY motto is "Moar Fight".

Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 January 02, 09:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read the FAQ. I learned a lot of acronyms and some stuff about the site, it was helpful. The main problem was finding it.

The search is useless. I typed in lot debugger most of the results were anything with the word clothes. I typed FAQ into the search and the actual FAQ was not even on the first page of search results.

I think it would be easier if I had stumbled upon the site and been like "hey, lots of sims 2 info, I'll start reading" when I didn't have a goal in mind.But I came here need to find something in particular, and then have to look around for the info I needed, because that was very frustrating having a goal of what to find, largely because the names of the forum sections didn't make any sense to me. I did find a lot of good stuff in my searching, but finding what I was looking for was hard.

Anyone can learn/find/discover anything given enough time, but you know, I'm on my break from school, looking forward to some time to relax and play some games, so I wanted them to work so I thought I'd ask for help and try to speed up the time I spend fixing my game so I can spend more time playing it.  Undecided

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2008 January 02, 11:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi sky - think of these guys as high-priced expert consultants - if you call them in for what they think of as 101 questions it costs in emotional wear and tear.  Grin   Some of us hang out on other boards as well and do some explaining there.  I don't mind explaining stuff, in as much as I understand it on the Sims2 bit of the sims1 BBS.  A small group of Sims2 regulars hang out there - we don't know as much as these guys, but we like to help.  Smiley
http://thesims.ea.com/us/index.html?menu=community&content=/us/chat/
MTS2 is another board where you can get help  www. modthesims2.com
Enjoy your simming!

On searching here, I think the results you get depend on where you are when you hit search as well as what you put in the search field.  You'll get used to it and to the layout and terminology - it does make sense I promise.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 January 02, 11:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You kinda always have to use the Advanced search to set your search options. The default configuration for SMF isn't so great.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 January 02, 19:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, thanks, I should have tried that.

And thanks for the invitations cwykes.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 January 02, 23:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if this is in the FAQ, but another good way to search would be using Google. Start out with something like this:

site:moreawesomethanyou.com +"hack thingy"

Sky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 January 06, 02:58:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it matters whether you get rid of people before or after installing. You will get a bunch more people when/if you add a shopping district to your 'hood so it might be easier to navigate before you install OFB.

I would get the newest version of SimPE, it made the procedure a little easier on me and I knew nothing of how to do this stuff. And I'd get the newest lot debugger... not sure why you wouldn't.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 January 06, 03:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a thread in Peasantry containing empty templates, so that you won't get all the excess townies when you add a Bluewater to your 'hood.  If you create a custom shopping area, instead of using Bluewater, you won't get extra townies.

Note that the thread I linked to has two types of templates - you can choose either the empty template (with no playables or townies at all), or the cleaned up template (with the playables, but no townies).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 February 05, 06:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deletion of townie and NPCs serves no real purpose unless you just really hate a specific sim if you don't have noregens for the relevant categories, yes. Noregen doesn't lock up your game, but yanking it out will freeze your game as the game tries to fill up what it then perceives as a gaping vacancy once the noregen is disabled or removed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 March 07, 04:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So im playing the new hood that came with FreeTime. and ive got a hand on the QA version of SimPE
And im wanting to remove some of the not so pretty and dumb sims from that hood, to save time building my own.
Ive noticed that SimPE has a plug-in called "The Sim Deleter Tool" which is integrated into it, made at Theo's Shack.

I did some playing around with a backed up hood last night, and using this tool, I deleted the Sim, and went to another
sim and checked memories and it had removed the "Met: John Doe" from there.

Question time:
If I delete a sim using this from the n/hood package will this in turn be like using this tutorial? or is this still as bad?
Will this remove these tokens relating to customer loyalty etc?

I know that this is the MATY fourm, but alot of mods use the SimPE for things, so any help would be great.
Cheers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 March 07, 10:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only person who can answer that is Theo, since he's the one who wrote it. *I* wouldn't trust it, and would do the Lot Debugger sweep first, as there's no telling how thorough of a job it may have done.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 March 07, 15:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that Theo had indicated that the Sim Deleter Tool was to be used after the lot debugger "prep for deletion" step anyway.  I might be mistaken, I suppose.  Supports the "check with Theo" advice.

Tribulatio proxima est
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 March 08, 10:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok cheers, ill see what i can find out. thanks for the help.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 March 08, 10:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never hurts to just Debugger first anyway. There is no overkill. Only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: