More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:44:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fortune Sim Wanting to Quit Work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fortune Sim Wanting to Quit Work?  (Read 14342 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Fortune Sim Wanting to Quit Work?
« on: 2005 July 19, 05:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the first time today, I saw the "Quit Job" want.  The strange thing about it is that it was a Fortune Sim who wanted to do it!  The Sim in question is Stella Terrano, the alien YA that Maxis so kindly provided in the Student Bin of La Fiesta Tech.  She's already achieved her first Lifetime Want to be a Business Wotsit and is now almost 3/4 of the way towards her second, earn $100,000.  She recently got married and became pregnant on her second attempt the following day and rolled this want just after getting her second bump.  The odd thing is, she also has a want to "Go To Work".  Her other two relevant ones are "Earn $75,000" and "Sell a Great Novel" (the latter two being locked).  All through Uni she did nothing but paint masterpieces whenever she possibly could and sold loads, but since then hasn't asked to sell anymore.  Could she be trying to tell me that she thinks she can earn more from selling paintings and novels than she can from working?  After she achieved the Business career want I switched her to the Artist career (her degree is in Art) and she went straight in at Level 9, but had only worked one day when she had to stop due to the pregnancy.  I am very confused as to what she is trying to say here!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fortune Sim Wanting to Quit Work?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 05:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Quit Job" want is simply blindly generated whenever you sell a good novel or painting. It's mostly designed to just annoy you, because if you actually *DO* it, they'll just nag you for another job in all-wantslot-clog.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 05:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I rather guessed there was something going on like that.  She had just sold a still-life, so maybe that triggered it.  Quite how she got almost $600 for it I don't know.  It was meant to be a bowl of fruit, but I am hopeless at getting these things right and in the end there was no bowl of fruit to be seen, just part of a window and a blank wall.  I've seen better paintings done with feet.  I have the same problem with the photo aspiration thingy.  I centre it perfectly, then when it comes out it's all lopsided.  Maybe it's my glasses.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 06:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just out of interest, what are the criteria for a masterpiece? I've had sims with high creativity paint still lifes and portraits, then sold them,  but I've never had a want to 'paint a masterpiece' satisfied. Is this more buggieness or am I missing something?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 19, 06:29:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The painting has to sell for more than $500 to be a masterpiece painting. Note that the want only stipulates selling it, there isn't really a creator attribution, unlike with novels, which gets completely messed up without No Plagiarism, since the novel actually identifies the author.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 08:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Family sims seem to get the whole range of masterpiece/novel/quit job wants!  Coral Oldie (with help from the Aging off cheat and the elixir) has managed to do all three, has adopted a child (actually quite a nice one for a change!) and still manages to keep Herb from playing away - though he's forever wandering past any house that contains a sexy young blonde!

Zephyr Zodiac
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 14:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Sim is very confused.  Do not fulfill her wants.  Part of the game is making your Sims suffer, after all!  And in this case, it is for her own good.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 14, 21:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dustin Broke came up with the Quit Job want recently and he's now a Knowledge sim in my game, with the LTW to be Chief of Staff!    Needless to say, he's still plodding away in the Medical Profession!  I certainly don't give in to pointless or counter-productive wants!

Zephyr Zodiac
pet_peeve
Asinine Airhead

Malordorous chowder jockey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 14, 22:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who wants their sims to sit in the same crappy career every dang day? It's the job of every college-graduating sim to visit each career offered so that you can immediately snag all of the rewards (five per day), and then constantly jump in and out of the highest-paying one for just one womdingous promotion. If you can't earn $50,000 in your first week out of school, you need to go begging for benes on the BBS.

There's a tiny amount of challenge if you start play with an adult made in CAS. But the balance of the game is completely crapped-up for any sim who makes it through college. EA has made the money cheats pointless, because the game ITSELF is a money cheat.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 14, 23:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be slightly off key but still related to weird wants for certain aspirations. I had two family sims both happy, married and with two children. The husband was best friends with another female sim. He got a want to flirt with this "other woman". I was surprised to say the least. I have never seen family sims behave this way. So I granted his wish. Now all he thinks about and wants is her. He never has a want for his wife, but strangely enough, never has, whilst she is smitten with him.

I then went to this "other woman's" house and she is a family sim too with twins and happily married. She has the occassion want with this other man, pretty rare, and seems to love her hubbie more.

Note that all sims concerned are married and the two who are cheating (tho have not woo hooed) are in love.

2nd note, I did change their aspirations to "family" with the Insiminator. I have since changed them back.

It was a nice change actually. I encourage it. Keep the mainsteam wants for that aspiration but throw in a different, unrelated want here and there.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 14, 23:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found most of my family sims are Romance Sims who are too wussy to admit it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 August 14, 23:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly Zephy!

The male family sim who was "having an affair" used to be a knowledge sim til I changed him to 'family' for shits and giggles. As a knowledge sim he had little affection for his wife anyway, although she was all over him. She was family from the start and I created her in CAS.

When I used the Insimenator (sp??) on him, he kept most of his knowledge sim wants ie wanting to learn to cook every meal under the sun. Anyone else found this? Although, when I have changed other sims, this has happened only on occassion. For example, I changed a CAS made family sim to a fortune sim and he shows no traits from being a family sim.

I was going to go through with this affair and shatter his wife's heart but the other chick really seems to love her hubbie. He is Town Mayor. Could really do a good story here I could figure out writing on Blogs.

He only showed family sim traits after a baby was born. Then the want for 'have baby' appeared. It soon disappeared with his dirty wants for the Mayors wife. I did make her into quite a dish I have to admit  Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 August 15, 01:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno whether sims actually notice appearance!  After all, think of some of the townies they have the hots for!!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 August 15, 01:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Zephy! Just tongue in cheek stuff....

Also hence making my own sims for each other to marry. There are some real ugly genes running around in those townies! I try, but I just can't grow to love those fat lips, round faces and big noses. Call me shallow!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 August 15, 01:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that makes two of us!  I just don't know what they wre thinking of when they created them!  I mean, townies in Sims1 were quite presentable!  I had one house with seven in it, and they were really quite normal!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 August 15, 02:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Now all he thinks about and wants is her. He never has a want for his wife, but strangely enough, never has, whilst she is smitten with him." (Dark)

First, all family sims are programmed to wish to cheat on their spouses, and one of their fears is  that they will be caught on cheating.

Second, it happens a lot, when the husband concentrates more on his lover female than his wife - it happened to me with Vidcund, and Lazlo, when I married them to townies; when I restored a previous saved neighbourhood, and married them to my CAS sims - they never showed attraction for another woman. I thing the cause is, that the couple doesn't fit.

But, if you have SimPe - you can solve this problem, by reducing the relationship of the husband with his lover to -60/-60, and delete (uncheck) the "crush/love" signs  -  I always do it, when I see that one of the spouses doesn't show romantic wishes for his/her mate.

I had it in the college too: Ophelia and Johnny Smith lived together, and even one of their fers was that they will be left at the altar, i.e., strong wish to be married.
Then I sent Jill Smith to the college, and as she was in love with David Gibson - I sent him too, to live with her. As Ophelia and Johnny were Secret Society members, I befriended them with David (with Jill they were already friends).
Suddenly, Ophelia and Johnny showed each day a wish to call David to chat, and stopped showing romantic wishes for each other - while they were my most devoted couple. David, on his side, was fully in love with Jill only.
So, I reduced the relationship between David and the Smith couple to -60/-60 (better to lose the SS membership) - and after that Ophelia and Johnny returned to be the same devoted couple as they were at the beginning.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 15, 02:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali,

I have never seen any family sim have a want to cheat before and I've had alot of them (family sims). So it is a surprise to me that its prgrammed into them. The only time I have seen the 'get caught cheating' fear is when they have infact cheated.

And are you saying that putting a sim created from maxis made parents (Castor Nova and Heather Huffington = Castor Jr.) with my CAS made sim would lead to this behaviour? Cause the 'other woman' is CAS made, as his her husband and they love each other, have lots of wants for each other, regardless of her making out with the man in question, Castor Jr.

Interesting stuff if your're correct. I wouldn't think that in-game made, or CAS sims would have issues with each other. I haven't had it happen to this extent before but I like it. I won't change their relationship scores in SimPE, I'll just accept that Castor Jr doesn't love his wife as much as she loves him and somehow make him move on perhaps. Not sure yet.

Castor Jr. also shows many wants for his siblings too. Just never his wife. He is starting to show wants for his kids, now that they are children. He wanted nothing to do with them as babies. He never ran to his wife for the birth either. He's just an arse I reckon. Good looking one though. Time he found his own place I think.

Cheers
Stormy

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 15, 02:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he should have had the romance aspiration?

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 15, 04:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the astrological sign of your "indifferent" sim, his wife, and his lover - than change the wife's astrological sign to be the same as his lover. Perhaps it will help.

I just hate to move out a husband, and struggle to the end to keep them together, using all the tricks (cheats) possible: give them new astrological signs, reducing relationships, and even deleting or killing the lover, if he/she is a single sim.
If they have kids - it's traumatic experience for the kids; even if it's only a game - I can'r bear it...Smiley.

I am surprised you didn't have a family sim with cheat on wants. If you look at a single family sim, their first wish is "fall in love" - no matter with whom.

This is what the Official Guide says:
"Family  (aspiration)
sample wants:  gain skill in cooking and cleaning, interact with family, FALL IN LOVE (my emphasis), get engaged/marry/join, have lots of children, remarry if widowed or left, ROMANTIC INTERACTIONS WITH LOVED SIMS (my emphasis), encourage personality traits in their children"

So, they are programmed that way...Smiley.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 15, 04:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhh..I see what you mean Gali. Yep, I have had "fall in love" wants, but its not cheating if its with a single unattached family sim. I thought you meant that your family sims were having romance sim wants on a regular basis.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 15, 06:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Random Flirting" effect is actually caused by a one-dimensional chain of wants: Anytime a sim satisfies a "talk to" want with that sim, it will always manifest either "play with" and "entertain", or "flirt with", depending on whether that sim is of the preferred gender. Thus, all sims constantly insist on flirting with random people unless force them to be completely celibate their entire lives.

The "No Random Flirt Wants" hack available in the file directory gets rid of this behavior, so that flirt wants only appear for romance sims, people who are not romantically involved with anyone, and people who are already involved.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 15, 11:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing Reggiko's son's ISBI challenge (it's hard btw to not look at their stats!).  The wife I chose for Norton Idiot was Marion Ajejaiopasldjf from Strangeview (ville?)  She is a fambly sim.  She is the worst sim mother I have EVER seen.  She will sit on the sofa and watch TV while her stinky, hungry crying babies gather around her knees begging for their cribs and bottles.  She totally ignores them.  Norton, however, is a knowledge sim who has wants for potty training, teaching to walk and talk, playing with, etc.  He loves those babies and rolled wants to have babies right away after they got married.  She wants babies, but could not care less about them at all.  I have no clue what her wants are cuz I'm not allowed to look....

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 15, 13:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would'nt mind them rolling the want when unattached, but I do mind it rolling up on married/joined couples and it involves somesim other than their spouse/joinee. I have your fix, and it works like a charm JM, how could it be otherwise Cheesy

That's intriguing Chris, I have to read up on that particular challenge. As long as I'm allowed to read and fulfill their LTW, I would have little problems. I get the LTW over with ASAP, and then I tend to ignore their wants completely. I do however, also completely ignore the fambly aspiration, I have no fambly sims in my game, and that will not change anytime soon. Their behavior annoys me, even though they are only programmed pixel people.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 15, 14:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By fulfilling the wants you approve of, and denlying the idiotic ones, you can to some extent modify their behaviour and thier wants.  Also, happy family sims are better parents - Brandi did a far better job with her daughter with Don than she ever did with the three sons.  I think Don being such a good father was an inspiration or something!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 15, 15:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the fear "Get Caught Cheating" is actually the closest the game can get to actually having a fear of cheating, since actually cheating is a good memory, but getting caught isn't. Honestly, I'd like it if Family sims thought that cheating on their spouses was a bad memory, or perhaps fear it, if they were nice. Be a little more realistic, because some people do get all wiggy from guilt, even if they don't actually stop. Other people (mean sims?) just don't give a damn. Although nice-meanness is more about how fun they think pestering people is, and how obsessed they are with snuggle-type interactions, rather than actual consideration for other sim's feelings.

Hmm. That'd be another thing: what if niceness caused sims to only be willing to do interactions that they knew would be accepted? And grouchy sims were more willing to do whatever they wanted, regardless of what the recieving sim felt? That'd actually make the distinction have a point, rather than just what flavor of annoying interactions they chose, and whether they spy on people with the 'scope.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: