More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:11:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  First Major Bug found with Pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: First Major Bug found with Pets  (Read 22451 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: First Major Bug found with Pets
« Reply #25 on: 2006 October 19, 04:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I went tot eh BBS, no one seems to have the jobs problem...maybe it is a hack conflict, any ideas?

well you could remove your hacks and see if you still have the problem...
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 October 19, 04:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pet jobs are working fine for me, and I haven't put any hacks back in, so I'd start looking there.

For anyone who hasn't installed yet, I'm thinking that having anything in the Sims2 folder in My Documents (okay, possibly just saved games, or who knows what) is what's caused the installation problems. The first time I'd installed, I'd removed my downloads folder, and backed up everything else, but I hadn't removed it. Obviously, when I reinstalled, the folder wasn't there. Otherwise, I can't think of what it could be.  Because when I compared it to someone else with the exact same problem, there wasn't any other commonality.  I'm using all "legal" versions, he only legally installed the base game, I used the NA edition, his BT one was from Taiwan, he doesn't install anything other than Maxis objects, I go downloading crazy, etc.

So you might want to do yourself a favor before you install and pop the entire folder out.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 October 19, 05:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katenigma that is what I did. I left my folders in MY Documents except for my hacks folder,and it deleted my GLS stuff. So I think you are onto something.I also use legit copies of the game and am Download junkie.So pretty much the same thing happened.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 October 19, 05:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out the entire neighborhoods folder plus any dls out including the dl folder, I installed into basically a stock game except my camera settings and the wants modification that I forgot to take out of FFS, I havent encountered any install issues, load issues or glitches...yet.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 October 19, 05:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the BBS was having it stick at the "Please wait" message. I had her manually uninstall the botched Pets installation, remove the folder entirely from MyDocuments, and and then try to install Pets, and it installed for her fine.

So probably something in a saved lot.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 October 19, 07:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here is another error log, this one happened when the dog  tried to pee indoors on a chair...

the second file is from the same thing, just the other dog, and outside, where it tried to pee on the mailbox.

[attachment deleted by admin]

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 October 19, 08:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same errors when a dog tried to pee inside and when it tried to dreate a puddle after the bath.
Taking out noteleportpuddle solved the problem, but even if yellowpee and yellowpeeobject are still in the pee is blue.
Pioupiou
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 October 19, 08:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

see, if it was just that, then it would have been easy. The only hacks i got in game, are the ones pescado put in the pets folder here at maty.

So yes, i got the teleportpuddle file, but as far as I understand the system, it should be kosher.

THe pets get errors whenever they interact with strangers, or when they pee, or when they interact with each other. Sure, i can teach the pets stuff and all, but half the time, of two dogs in the same family try to play, they jump. Heck, even when the owner comes home, and tries to bring over a co-worker, he jumps, and misses a days pay.

So far, im not too impressed. Ive tried with a clean neithbourhood, and next step is a complete reinstall. I was just hoping that it wouldn't have to come to that.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 October 19, 09:43:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado said that the ones in the Pets folder are still untested and were put together in a hurry.  We're the beta testers. If there's a problem, take them out and try again.

- Kurt Vonnegut
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 October 19, 12:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my!!! It's far more funny to read here the threads than at the Retardo Land...Smiley.

I knew what is expected, when I decided not to buy this EP.

My condolences to all suffering members... Cry Kiss Cheesy
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 October 19, 15:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't getting errors, but whenever my dog would come home from work in the Service career, the game would freeze for about a minute before she'd jump outta the car and get her popup message about her promotions.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 October 19, 15:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, i found the culprit when it comes to the jumping, when puddles are involved. Sigh. Yellowpee is the one, game runs smooth now. Now, seen in the  unbearable illumination that is hindsight, I should have known that one would be doing it, but of course i started out with all the other hacks, just to make sure Tongue

So, something is amiss with that specific hack.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 October 19, 16:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing is happening in my game, Jelenedra. The only difference is that it freezes for anyone that gets promoted, not just the pets.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 October 19, 17:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, see, my dog has been making more money than her owners. They keep having bad luck. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Chanco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 October 19, 21:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the jump bug back in my game, but it different than other version of this bug, I only have this bug with a Sims or pet that doesn't know each other. If a sim knows the other sim or pet it will interact fine no jump happens, but it a sim try to interact with a sim or a pet he doesn't know I get the jump.

My game installed fine had no problems loading it after install. I didn't notice this bug right away until the new neighbors came, I greeted them fine but the 3 new neighbors couldn't interact with each other because they didn't know each other there kept jumping ,a stray came on the lot I could interact with it fine but all the non controllable Sims couldn't  jump,jump,jump!!!!! None of the visting sims where npc. 

It has also happen when they are eating at the tables if an unknown sim is sitting there eating and talking they jump. The only action I can do is greet but that it and only with a control sim on their lot.

With the old jump bug you still get a memory if you met some one new and you a least get the face in the relationship panel, with this jump bug I get nothing, no memory or face in relationship panel.

I'm also getting it on business community lot, like with the ticket machine I can't do any sale interaction they just jump, but only if they are an unknown sim. If the sim knows them the interaction is fine.

I took a lot of hack out that are not ready for pet ep.
I also try without any hack, and made sure the download fold was empty and game clean of hacks. I still get it but not right away. I notice it happen when I animal comes on the lot like a stray then they all start to jump.
This is driving me absolutely mad, Angry I have Sims and animals jumping every where and having no friends or memories to boot.
Everything else is working in my game excepted I can't talk or pet or have a party with my Sims

Oh ya, since they made changes with the collection folders I can't use the rewards objects for communities/residential lots. They show up but there are greyed out. Alot of my CC stuff is greyed out to for the collections folders.
« Last Edit: 2006 October 19, 22:45:41 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

I may be a bitch, but I'm the pick of the litter.
Syque
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 October 19, 22:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having an annoying jump bug too;  it happens when my pets try to sit/relax on an object or a dog tries to sit on the floor :\ I tried disabling all of my hacks, but that didn't solve anything Huh  I haven't tried disabling custom objects, but I never thought nonhacks could cause this problem.  I'm going to try playing again with my downloads folder on the desktop.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 October 19, 22:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, damn my impatience, I ran out and bought it expecting some bugs, but I can't play it at all.  Every time I go to a property all the windows, doors, and several other objects are sitting at an angle. When I try to pick them up and move them, I can't place anything.  All my custom content didn't show up the first time I loaded, but now appears after I restarted, however, I can't buy anything.  I can't place anything, it just shows the hand grabbing something but nothing is there, grrrrrr.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 October 19, 22:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I read, the happier I am that I don't have it yet!
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2006 October 19, 22:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone on the BBS was having it stick at the "Please wait" message. I had her manually uninstall the botched Pets installation, remove the folder entirely from MyDocuments, and and then try to install Pets, and it installed for her fine.

So probably something in a saved lot.

That's what happened to me. The 'Please wait' dialogue-box locked up and never went to the next screen, where you choose to either start or quit the game. I normally do remove my Downloads folder before installing a new game, but I forgot this time (doh!). Eh, I'm not all that attached to my sim families. Maybe I'll just reinstall everything and start over. Yes, there's a reason why I spend so much time in Retardo Land. Wink

EDIT: corrected incomplete sentence - guess I'm extra retarded today
« Last Edit: 2006 October 19, 22:51:25 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 October 19, 23:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why isnt anyone attempting to install this thing on a clean game with no custom content that is what I want to know. Of course shit has to be updated, its a new EP, why does this never occur to anyone? You seriously expect that you can install a new EP on a system filled with items from and older EP and expect everything to work perfectly? Seriously? Thats like almost bbsish type mentality Roll Eyes

/rant
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 October 20, 00:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some are just unfortunate and some just forget. I forgot to put my downloads folder back in before I started the game. Grin
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2006 October 20, 00:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out the entire neighborhoods folder plus any dls out including the dl folder, I installed into basically a stock game except my camera settings and the wants modification that I forgot to take out of FFS, I havent encountered any install issues, load issues or glitches...yet.

I thought the consensus after OFB was that you should leave your hoods in place so that the install can "update them". 
If it needs to update them during the install and they are not there, you are basically stuffed.
I remember reading a huge, long, over-my-head, techie thread and coming out with that understanding.
Taking out hacks and downloads - yeah that makes sense, though RTFM for taking out the insiminator.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 October 20, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the consensus after OFB was that you should leave your hoods in place so that the install can "update them". 
If it needs to update them during the install and they are not there, you are basically stuffed.
I remember reading a huge, long, over-my-head, techie thread and coming out with that understanding.
Taking out hacks and downloads - yeah that makes sense, though RTFM for taking out the insiminator.
That is not the conclusion I support. If anything, you should take them OUT so the installer and loading-without-critical-CC part cannot fuck it up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 October 20, 01:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, damn my impatience, I ran out and bought it expecting some bugs, but I can't play it at all.  Every time I go to a property all the windows, doors, and several other objects are sitting at an angle. When I try to pick them up and move them, I can't place anything.  All my custom content didn't show up the first time I loaded, but now appears after I restarted, however, I can't buy anything.  I can't place anything, it just shows the hand grabbing something but nothing is there, grrrrrr.

Ok, I had a well duh moment.  Figured out what was causing my earlier problems, of course...a hack. If anyone else is silly like me and wants to try to play with their hacks, as I see at least a few do here, and are having the same problem...the hack causing this was a non-awsome hack "Atavera-AnimatedWindowHackv1.package". I also removed the few other hacks others have listed, but I'm having jumping issues too... you know how you can use move objects to take someone out of the pool and place them so it looks like they are swimming in the grass?  Well, that's what my pets are doing. They pop up like normal when they are walking but when they stop they just drop back down.  They won't eat either as the commands drop out of the queue (I know we can't command them, it's the ones it's making on it's own).  About 80% of the things I try to command them to do get dropped out of queue or they jump. No phone calls, using the bathroom was a problem until I took out the custom toilet....sigh.  I guess I will remove my whole folder and try it vanilla...bleh.

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2006 October 20, 15:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved the hacks that were supposedly error-likely into another folder (under The Sims 2 but NOT under downloads) and the game still picked them up! (I was still seeing naughty bits and the phone was wonky beyond belief)

Before I logged in the next time I moved that folder completely outside of the The Sims 2 path and then the hacks weren't in the game anymore.

However, I did experience the bug the OP reported.  I just exited without saving.  I'd never actually had that happen before so I was trying to figure out which mod I will want to fix it but I'm unclear as to whether JMP has upgraded it yet.  If not, I shall be patient.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: