More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 03:51:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 198033 times)
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #375 on: 2005 October 15, 17:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bug, but a bummer nonetheless: anybody else notice that the toddler potty-training trick doesn't work post-patch?

I noticed it too, definitely a bummer. We'll have to potty train the toddlers the long way just like teaching to walk and talk. I'd gotten way too used to that glitch, to the point of when the baby aged to toddler I'd cancel out of the parent eating a piece of cake to quickly get the potty training done.

Luckily I'm not experiencing any big problems yet post-patch (knock on wood). The only strangeness is that when one of my Uni graduates married and moved in with her husband (also a graduate) I took both of their diplomas out of the inventory to place on the wall and they both say the husband's name. Huh The wife can still access Uni careers so it's not a major deal but it's strange.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 2005 October 15, 17:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bug, but a bummer nonetheless: anybody else notice that the toddler potty-training trick doesn't work post-patch?

I noticed it too, definitely a bummer. We'll have to potty train the toddlers the long way just like teaching to walk and talk. I'd gotten way too used to that glitch, to the point of when the baby aged to toddler I'd cancel out of the parent eating a piece of cake to quickly get the potty training done.

Luckily I'm not experiencing any big problems yet post-patch (knock on wood). The only strangeness is that when one of my Uni graduates married and moved in with her husband (also a graduate) I took both of their diplomas out of the inventory to place on the wall and they both say the husband's name. Huh The wife can still access Uni careers so it's not a major deal but it's strange.
that is strange???

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 2005 October 15, 17:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled and reinstalled my game to get rid of the patch! Embarrassed It caused more problems and fixed nothing i my game. ie the nanny still got stuck . a sim almost died of sudden pregnancy death syndrome.I still got the message that so and so was no longer best friends or friends with a deceased sim.the final straw for me was losing sims in all neighborhoods.even after putting in my back up file and disabling all hacks and cc the sims went MIA.so I will deal with the occasional glitch instead of the massively buggy patch!my game is running like a champ now.the only errors in the log is the occasional audio error and then the log only shows that 3 errors were picked up. I never even noticed the issue .

It seems unusual that you are having so many problems.  Many people have thanked me that the patch fixed so many problems that they had before.  If you don't trust me, perhaps you can ask some of the modders you do trust to look into the things that have changed in the patch.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 2005 October 15, 18:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[[/quote]
It seems unusual that you are having so many problems.  Many people have thanked me that the patch fixed so many problems that they had before.  If you don't trust me, perhaps you can ask some of the modders you do trust to look into the things that have changed in the patch.
[/quote]Tom I even called EA Tech support when the issue first arose after installing the patch and they werent able to help. they just said move the sim out and destroy the lot Undecided I did that it corrected the first house but after that the problem escalated .so I went to Pleasant view played for a bit in the Lothario Household. saved, exited. and went to veronaville played the monty house for a bit saved  exited and went to strange town played the curious brothers for a bit.saved exited came back later opened up Pleasantview it loaded and went to Dons house again it showed him on the loading screen with the 6 toddlers I had him adopt. get into the house . there was no one there and all were there when I saved prior to that.I think okay here we go again but I went to each neighborhood and My sims were MIA. so I check sim pe thinking maybe I accidently deleted  sims when I was linking a large family together . SimPe showed everyone in the neighborhood who was supposed to be there and linked indeed were still linked with character data intact. in all neighborhoods.I  delted the nieghbor hood fille and put in the back up files which was a exact coppy of all custom nieghborhoods and characters prior to the patch and  clean neighborhoods of pleasantview,veronaville,and strangetown as they hadnt been played prior to the patch at all. I open the game all neighborhoods are there .I went to noe house it seemed ok  other than the stuck nanny and a Spd occuring that My sim hubby averted by pleading with the grim  reaper.then up comes a message about Grandpa who is long dead not being friends anymore.I think oh great the same bugs are occuring but as they are minor I can deal with it,.I exited the lot after saving and went to a house where my sim hubby is at the top of his career in politics and the loading screen shows everyone there.Im thinkinking great problem resolved Angry Not!!! the house opens walls down not  a single sim is there so I do the move out destroy lot trick family shows up in the bin I move them into a brand new house  I just built. lot loads with family on the screen get in the lot No family ,just buy and build mode available. and no family panel. at that point I gave up exited the game and unisnstalled and reinstalled the game this time with out the patch and my game is fine :)I had also disabled all CC and Hacks in the game when I first noticed that there was a problem thinking that something was conflicting with the patch.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 2005 October 15, 19:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just last night I tested it and it still worked for me - post patch and some mods in. I was surprised because I thought MAxoidTom had said that they corrected it. Maybe it was a one time glitch for me......although I hope not. It takes FOREVER to bloody train them the "right" way.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 2005 October 15, 20:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tom I even called EA Tech support when the issue first arose after installing the patch and they werent able to help. they just said move the sim out and destroy the lot Undecided I did that it corrected the first house but after that the problem escalated .so I went to Pleasant view played for a bit in the Lothario Household. saved, exited. and went to veronaville played the monty house for a bit saved  exited and went to strange town played the curious brothers for a bit.saved exited came back later opened up Pleasantview it loaded and went to Dons house again it showed him on the loading screen with the 6 toddlers I had him adopt. get into the house . there was no one there and all were there when I saved prior to that.I think okay here we go again but I went to each neighborhood and My sims were MIA. so I check sim pe thinking maybe I accidently deleted  sims when I was linking a large family together . SimPe showed everyone in the neighborhood who was supposed to be there and linked indeed were still linked with character data intact. in all neighborhoods.I  delted the nieghbor hood fille and put in the back up files which was a exact coppy of all custom nieghborhoods and characters prior to the patch and  clean neighborhoods of pleasantview,veronaville,and strangetown as they hadnt been played prior to the patch at all. I open the game all neighborhoods are there .I went to noe house it seemed ok  other than the stuck nanny and a Spd occuring that My sim hubby averted by pleading with the grim  reaper.then up comes a message about Grandpa who is long dead not being friends anymore.I think oh great the same bugs are occuring but as they are minor I can deal with it,.I exited the lot after saving and went to a house where my sim hubby is at the top of his career in politics and the loading screen shows everyone there.Im thinkinking great problem resolved Angry Not!!! the house opens walls down not  a single sim is there so I do the move out destroy lot trick family shows up in the bin I move them into a brand new house  I just built. lot loads with family on the screen get in the lot No family ,just buy and build mode available. and no family panel. at that point I gave up exited the game and unisnstalled and reinstalled the game this time with out the patch and my game is fine :)I had also disabled all CC and Hacks in the game when I first noticed that there was a problem thinking that something was conflicting with the patch.

Perhaps you could turn on testingCheatsEnabled and see what object errors pop up and either post them here or post them on the official board.
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 2005 October 15, 21:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just last night I tested it and it still worked for me - post patch and some mods in. I was surprised because I thought MAxoidTom had said that they corrected it. Maybe it was a one time glitch for me......although I hope not. It takes FOREVER to bloody train them the "right" way.

I don't understand.  Potty training is the quickest of the three toddler skills to train.  If you have a Sim wearing a thinking cap and a toddler who has been fed smart milk and has a full bladder (almost all red bar) then potty training takes one session.  Two at the most, if your toddler's bladder isn't that full.

What was fixed was the thinking cap/teach to walk problem.  Before the patch if you tried to use a thinking cap while teaching a toddler to walk, the progress bar kept resetting and the poor tyke never would learn to walk.  I haven't tested it since the patch, but Tom said it was fixed.  If he mentioned anything about potty training, I never saw it.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 2005 October 15, 21:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you could turn on testingCheatsEnabled and see what object errors pop up and either post them here or post them on the official board.
I will Try that and post them here

Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 2005 October 15, 22:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it wasn't on the list of fixes but it has actually been fixed apparently according to Tom.

That was one glitch I wish HADN'T been fixed. Angry
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 2005 October 15, 23:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that is strange???

Yes it's strange to me, as in unexpected. I had thought when Brittany Upsnott (now Ruben) placed her diploma on the wall it would read Brittany Ruben, not Joshua Ruben. I thought the patch was supposed to fix this but it looks like there's still some problems with it. Maybe I was supposed to place it on the wall of Brittany's house, then back in her inventory when she married Joshua. I honestly don't know. I consider it a minor annoyance because like I'd said, she still has access to the Uni careers. At least the big problems I'd had (the major game-stopping bugs) appear to be resolved so I'm quite relieved.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 2005 October 15, 23:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it wasn't on the list of fixes but it has actually been fixed apparently according to Tom.

That was one glitch I wish HADN'T been fixed. Angry
I will soon find out for myself as the potty training glitch appears to still be happening in some games. my friend has the game and the patch and her game still has the potty training glitch. I found out why the patch wreaked havoc  for me  finally Grin I had removed my nieghborhoods before and downloads folder ,then I left in my neighborhood folder but still left out my DL folder. major headaches both ways.this time I didnt move a thing or back anything up I just did a straight install and it took and no glitcing in the game at all I saved and exited several times each time my family was still there and running smoothly.My sim that died by of all things a falling satellite his grave was still in the neighborhood cemetary where I had placed it using a sim I literally named Dummy to move grave when I clicked on it it went to the phone next to the cemetary. I used build mode to move it in .in the neighborhood view . I didnt have my sim place it from inventory. the only thing I noticed was that he died just ahead of the patch. and instead of the Platinum head stone he should have he has a plain old gray one. he was platinum when he died and of course the no inheritance bug hit just  pre patch. Roll Eyes oh well the game is patched now sucessfully

buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 2005 October 16, 04:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The potty training glitch still works for me too. Praise.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 2005 October 16, 05:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's gone on mine.  Dammit.

(edit, then again I've only tried it on one house since installing the patch, but it's gone.  Wah)

<insert witty comment here>
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 2005 October 16, 06:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had my game self destruct tonight.

While playing a house I noticed that no matter what career or what sim I played..after going to work one day they would automatically jump to the top of their career.  With no skills...no friends...no chance cards...no promotions...nothing.

I ran the game in debug mode to see if there was an error producing this..but nothing.

I exited my game to disable custom content..restarted it...disabled it..and then of course exited it again in an attempt to see the changes.

My game would not restart. 

I finally had to uninstall and reinstall and it looks like that possibly fixed the problem for now anyways. 

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 2005 October 16, 15:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The potty training glitch still works for me too. Praise.
the potty training glitch still works for me  as well !  Grin and my gane is now sucessfully patched. no more Chaos Grin

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: 2005 October 16, 15:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had my game self destruct tonight.

While playing a house I noticed that no matter what career or what sim I played..after going to work one day they would automatically jump to the top of their career.  With no skills...no friends...no chance cards...no promotions...nothing.

I ran the game in debug mode to see if there was an error producing this..but nothing.

I've gotten this bug, and had it I'm pretty sure since pre-Uni. Sim gets automatically booted up to level 10, and then can't go to work. Only got it once, and it only happened in one house. I think I either reinstalled it or just nuked the house.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: 2005 October 17, 07:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs and portals
does anyone know if the patch cleared up existing NPC portal problems properly? 
I gather it fixes the glitch Crammyboy found where cancelling a "read to ...." interraction sometimes deleted a portal, but I have seen a couple of Simmers whose gardener went home without doing anything and one of them seems to have lots of glitchy NPCs still around post patch.  Logically, if the portal is fixed, they should all have gone home, but have they really?   
Can you safely use Merola's mirror or the teleporter shrub to check for invisible stuck NPCs?

I've also had mad scientists missing work when they weren't supposed to go - FYI this is in the base game as I don't have Uni or NL.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 2005 October 17, 07:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I reinstalled NL I put back in my backed up neighborhood files

I moved them out of the house before even messing with them..in case it was a bugged lot problem...bulldozed the house into obvlivion and everything..moved them into a new house, had them quit their current jobs which were still stuck and got them new jobs.  So far all is well.
I'm completely stumped as to what happened where my game simply would not start...that really puzzles me.  Tried it in the cd drive..tried it in the dvd drive both yielded the same results of it seeming that the drive just wouldn't read the disk.  The Nightlife start up window would pop up..but after that nothing.  And I waited a fair amount of time lol..I left the room for 20 minutes at one point and when I came back and saw that nothing happened that's when I decided to do a reinstall.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 2005 October 17, 14:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NPCs and portals
does anyone know if the patch cleared up existing NPC portal problems properly? 
I gather it fixes the glitch Crammyboy found where cancelling a "read to ...." interraction sometimes deleted a portal, but I have seen a couple of Simmers whose gardener went home without doing anything and one of them seems to have lots of glitchy NPCs still around post patch.  Logically, if the portal is fixed, they should all have gone home, but have they really?   
Can you safely use Merola's mirror or the teleporter shrub to check for invisible stuck NPCs?

I've also had mad scientists missing work when they weren't supposed to go - FYI this is in the base game as I don't have Uni or NL.

Yes, the patch fixed the portal getting deleted bug.
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 2005 October 17, 16:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the first child thing got fixed, you know where they all look the same, same personalities, etc. unless you roll the CAS?

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 2005 October 17, 17:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the first child thing got fixed, you know where they all look the same, same personalities, etc. unless you roll the CAS?
Im not sure I just had a baby born in game has same birth sign as Mom but different personality point  his older sister  a  cas child  same birth sign different personality ie Mom,sister and baby boy are all aquarius but have different personalities.his teen sister and older brother and father are totally different astrological signs only the baby was born in game to this family.odd thing is though absolutely no twins in my game since nightlife install. I have one Mom that is pregnant with child #5. it will probably bbe a single birth. I had a romance sim abducted by aliens and came back pregnant much to his horror of course and now he has a fear of being abducted. he had a green skinned baby girl who is now a toddler. but the oddity is I had him adopt a child because I didnt want  the baby to be an only child.I dont have the Teleporter Painting or shrub in my game anymore but the child he got was Chloe Gonzaga a townie child how in the world did she get into the adoption pool? her name is now Chloe Walker her birth sign is Cancer and  the toddlers is  cancer  same personality Huh how did that happen My Romance sim is a Virgo

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 2005 October 17, 18:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably isn't the same Chloe as the townie child.  The game reuses templates a lot and has a limited list of names to choose from, so you probably lucked out (?) and got a child named Chloe that looks like her.  Check in SimPE to see if Chloe Gonzaga is still existing as a separate character from the one you adopted.  If you have not had any children taken from other sims by the social worker, then the game would have generated a new character, and they'll be one of the last ones listed in SimPE.  I'll bet she looks similar but there will be some slight differences somewhere.  Sim children tend to look a lot alike anyway because of facial blending and such used by the game.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 2005 October 17, 18:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably isn't the same Chloe as the townie child.  The game reuses templates a lot and has a limited list of names to choose from, so you probably lucked out (?) and got a child named Chloe that looks like her.  Check in SimPE to see if Chloe Gonzaga is still existing as a separate character from the one you adopted.  If you have not had any children taken from other sims by the social worker, then the game would have generated a new character, and they'll be one of the last ones listed in SimPE.  I'll bet she looks similar but there will be some slight differences somewhere.  Sim children tend to look a lot alike anyway because of facial blending and such used by the game.
I checked Sim PE and Chloe Gonzaga  does not have a seperate Character file. in fact the only child named Chloe in this neighborhood is now Chloe Walker my sim's newly adopted Daughter.so I can only conclude that Chloe Walker and Chloe Gonzaga are the same child. I just cant figure out how she ended up in the adoption pool. and none of my sims has had a child taken by the Social worker

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 2005 October 17, 18:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I checked Sim PE and Chloe Gonzaga  does not have a seperate Character file. in fact the only child named Chloe in this neighborhood is now Chloe Walker my sim's newly adopted Daughter.so I can only conclude that Chloe Walker and Chloe Gonzaga are the same child. I just cant figure out how she ended up in the adoption pool. and none of my sims has had a child taken by the Social worker
Weird.  Well that's one less townie child you'll have to worry about, although until JM gets the notownieregen hack working for NL we'll keep getting new ones.  I've already gotten a few new ugly townies. Sad
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 2005 October 18, 05:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I just had a lot with 2 couples, they had two children each  - although one of the males is responsible for three of the births. All four are Geminis but with different personality points. I did lots of random generation of sims before the children were born, I'm not sure if it's OK to use Pescado's auto sim generator in NL yet.

After having 4 geminis I suspect the bug where children from the same parents are identical, still exists.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: