More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:19:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife: Censor Blur won't die!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife: Censor Blur won't die!!!  (Read 38529 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: Nightlife: Censor Blur won't die!!!
« Reply #75 on: 2005 September 15, 15:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I wasn't talking about modifying the exe either.  Ok it would be a LOT of work editing all the BHAVs anywhere that get your sim naked, compared to hacking the exe or using the cheat, but I am convinced it's doable.  For myself I am happy with a compromise where the standard objects apply the standard blur, but specially hacked objects will allow you to set up occasions or lots where you Sims can be nude and blur free.   Eg my door and that accompanying patch I made so they don't realise they are naked as soon as they idle.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: 2005 September 16, 03:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okey Dokey ... I tested Dizzy2's censor patch on MTS2 and it works perfectly for baths & showers, although not for the toilet.  I have nudes again!!!  You can get it here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=746842

Niko has also made one on Sims2Community, although his modifies the exe file and I haven't tried it (apparently it does work, though). You can find that one here: http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=210184#post210184

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 September 16, 10:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Niko has also made one on Sims2Community, although his modifies the exe file and I haven't tried it (apparently it does work, though). You can find that one here: http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?p=210184#post210184

This one works fine, you just have to keep in mind that you will have to restore the original exe file before you can install any future patches/EPs.

Karen
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 September 16, 17:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's nothing sick or perverted about wanting to remove the censor blur. I have custom anatomy on all my male sims, and they look good, dammit! It just adds realism to the game, like someone said. It's distracting to see a big blur while the sims are in the hottub.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 September 16, 18:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy has a new blur-removal hack that doesn't modify the .exe file at MTS2: http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=90125
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 September 16, 22:45:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's hack works well even on the toilet.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 September 16, 23:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, too, find it insulting that we apparently have to be shielded from barbie doll (or *gasp!* anatomically correct) nudity. Especially on the babies. What sicko thought we needed that?
I just snorted so hard.

I've always wondered that myself. I love taking pictures with the uni career reward of babies getting bathed in the sink or toddlers getting a bath and hanging them up in the bathrooms for decoration.

Goddamn giant pixelated blob of insanity.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 September 17, 03:39:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, now that I think about it, I never really understood why we needed a blur back when I first installed the original Sims.  I found the no censor patch back then and have been using them in one form or another ever since.  I was so glad that Maxis included an easy way to disable the sensor in Sims 2 without exe modification.  I thought it was an improvement!  Now we are going backwards.  At least Crammyboy's mod is a step in the right direction.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 September 17, 12:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I caved and got Nightlife on the 14th. The animation I missed most when the blur was activated was when toddlers are put into the tub, and lift their feet as if hesitant to put them in the water. My kids used to do that...they're in their 20's now, and all that baby/toddler stuff brings back memories. And, of course, none of it is visible with the blur.  Embarrassed

BUT, I downloaded Crammyboy's blur remover, and it works great. The only place I can't test it myself is on the University campus. I about had a seizure the one time a blurred streaker ran through. Worse than a strobe light!

Anyway, my site's open again.  Grin
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 September 17, 12:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and i play with crammyboy's penis, the "bulge" mesh for undies, and anatomically correct skins... i just like the realism....

I looked at some anatomically correct skins but most of the ones I saw looked silly, like something stuck on and not fitting, these were the male ones of course Wink, the female ones all seemed to have gigantic breasts and shaved nether regions and I was more keen on a variety and some realism. The ones I saw were just caricatures really. The male skins with constant erections I felt sorry for...

So where's a good place for anatomically correct skins that look realistic in the game?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baddmark
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 September 17, 13:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got some nice skins from ParadiseSims (I think). Male bits are "asleep" and "subtle" if you get my drift.  Wink
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 September 17, 14:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted some skins on MTS2, some people seem to like them. I made them for myself to use with the various add-ons based off of Micl2u's male skin. Nothing bizzare, nethers arent shaved, more of a nice normal "landing strip". They come in the four basic colors with an option to download a second package to make them defaults, although you dont have to make them defaults. I am thinking about redoing the top half of the females though eventually, although I doubt I will repost them anywhere. I dont particuarly like sharing - or should I say I dont like answering a bazillion questions that are plainly answered in the original post. Either way I think they look fairly normal, some people think the nips are a little too big, but I say not every chick has tiny erect nips all the time...meh (I think I have said too much...)

As an aside I am trying like hell to break my nightlife and I havent been able to do it yet...I took out every single piece of custom content (houses, skins, hacks, objects, recolors everything) I had before installing and I had never played the base neighborhoods since the last install so I was playing as if it were a fresh install of all games. So I popped over to pleasantview and set out to wreck some havoc...I think I might be doing something wrong...lol
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 September 17, 23:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cheers, I'll check them both out.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 September 18, 01:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont particuarly like sharing - or should I say I dont like answering a bazillion questions that are plainly answered in the original post.

I kind of want someplace to stash some of my crap too but don't want to deal with the inaneness, censorship and/or drama at most other places. I most people here more or less have sense, hell the front page alone is enough to confuse the hell out of most BBS types, maybe we should bug Pescado for a board to post our crap. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 September 18, 02:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to be able to share my anatomically correct skins somewhere other than MTS2 (for reasons already cited). I had to remove access to them from my site when my host instituted a bandwidth limit. They're realistic, non-erotic, very traditional looking ~ no mesh add-ons.  Smiley But they're BIG files, and were gobbling up my bandwidth at an unbelievable rate! I think people must like them... I tried to upload them to my Yahoo!Group, but it won't take such large files.

If there were space for them here, I'd upload them in a heartbeat.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 September 18, 20:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded Crammyboy's patch from the link already posted above and it works just fine for me too.  Smiley  Yay!!!!  Ding-Dong, the blur is dead!!  Wink
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 September 18, 22:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many hours did that take? Censor blur gone already.  Man, wish EA had that fast a turnaround.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 September 18, 23:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many hours did that take? Censor blur gone already.  Man, wish EA had that fast a turnaround.
EA can't afford that kind of turnaround. If EA could turn around that fast, employees would sue them for whiplash.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 September 19, 23:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just feel that at the age of 51 (in my MIDDLE-AGE lifespan) I shouldn't be told I can't look at a man's willy.
As a fellow MIDDLE-AGER (46), I'm on that bandwagon with you. In bifocals.

Motoki, I've argued that logic with others ~ who don't play the Sims, but have read Thompson's propaganda ~ and they just don't get it! Those who don't actually play the game believe what he says about pedophiles using naked Sim-children to practice their disgusting acts. Not only do they not believe me when I tell them there are no such animations in the game, that children can do no more than HUG an adult, or give a friendly family kiss, they don't seem to grasp the fact that, as the game is shipped, those actions can only occur while the Sims are both fully clothed, with no blur. And if anatomically correct and "invisible clothing" skins are used on a child (shame!), the only time the blur bothers to show up is in the tub or shower, or on the toilet. And Sims shower and pee alone. So what's the point?!?

It's like talking to a stump.

I've forgotten what one looks like too, dammit, so need to have gentle reminders hence nekkid sim lads. As to the rest of this post, I know I've come in rather late, but what a goddam twat! Unbelieveable nonsense...  Roll Eyes

As for MTS2 and sharing files, I have to say that there are some really ungrateful gits who aren't above bugging the bejeezus outa folk and slagging them down for creating the stuff they're going to use!  WTF Huh (On a bit of a line with them at the mo cos the damn forum is full of morons who can't debate and only like to abuse or flame.)  

Meh...
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 September 21, 18:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy has one on MTS2.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 September 21, 21:50:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quaxi has one at MTS2 that works for me
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 September 22, 12:47:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the one by Quaxi, but I haven't tried it.  I saw Dizzy2 has an updated version of his Freebob that also disables the censor.
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 September 22, 13:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the one by Quaxi, but I haven't tried it.  I saw Dizzy2 has an updated version of his Freebob that also disables the censor.

I have been using Quaxi and it works well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: