More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:29:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can you actually make money running a restaurant?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can you actually make money running a restaurant?  (Read 13424 times)
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
Re: Can you actually make money running a restaurant?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 17, 20:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You also need high turn around (i.e. bad decor, uncomfortable chairs, rude employees) for a restaurant to be profitable.

why?Huh
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 17, 23:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that the people who are too tired and unhappy to buy anything leave and you can get relatively happy customers to take their place.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 August 18, 00:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and what i am thinking that will solve better the problem is that maybe using the intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims # with a high number like 50 will result in more customers showing in your community restaurant

I thought that max customers was always 10, no questions asked. Though, that is my max visitor number as well, so it could be a factor.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 August 18, 00:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That can't be true because the maximum number of customers I ever get is 8, even when I have a shiny level 10 business.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2006 August 18, 10:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I up the visitor numbers by using the phone and inviting sims over.   That way you get to choose who comes as well.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 August 18, 14:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That can't be true because the maximum number of customers I ever get is 8, even when I have a shiny level 10 business.

Could just be the limitations of your system/video card, so the game set the maximum limit lower.  Paladin has a hacked object that lets you control how many customers a business can have, and it can go up to 32, though that would probably have too much lag for even the highest end machine out there. Smiley

You can find it over at www.simwardrobe.com.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 August 18, 15:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Paladin has a hacked object that lets you control how many customers a business can have, and it can go up to 32
You can find it over at www.simwardrobe.com.

About that object. it has very dark shadow that is much bigger than the object itself and looks very weirds if you have shadows ON in your game.
i tried to post a feedback in paladins site but couldn't find anywhere to do it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 August 18, 20:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people apparently don't update the groundshadow of objects.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2006 August 19, 10:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Liss on August 15, 2006, 08:42:04 PM

In my opinion, venues are the WORST.  It takes for-freakin-ever to build up the stars.

Maybe i'm looking at the situation all wrong, but ticket Venues for me are the easiest to run and to get customer loyalty stars from.   One caveat of course, they aren't for making tons of money, just for the Business Perks.   I just buy a small community lot, build a small building, put in a few things to play with then have the owner go into a locked room, meditate, put the game on triple speed, then walk away.   Boring?   Yes, but it's effective.

You can make tons of money off a venue, if you manuallyt set the price to something insanely high, and then Dazzle customers in.I routinely charge 750/hour to  customers who wish to blow bubbles in an alley with snapdragon bouquets. It's the method I use to give my Sims enough money to buy their first community lots, if they don't have that much cash already.  Typically takes a day or two.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 August 19, 12:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take ordinary residences and charge 5/hour. It pays some of the food bill and keeps the burglar away.  Grin

IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 August 19, 18:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most people apparently don't update the groundshadow of objects.

Yes, this could be because the creator has shadows turned off in his own game, and therefore doesn't see the incorrect shadow. Or, alternatively, some people just don't pay attention to detail like that. Incidentally, I'm one of the anal ones that do pay attention, and incorrect shadows bug me so much I usually just don't use the object at all.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: