More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:33:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Freaky Toddler!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freaky Toddler!  (Read 13033 times)
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
Re: Freaky Toddler!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 July 25, 01:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The toddler blanket gave me a few problems, so I don't usually use it.  I still have it in my inventory.  I had an adult visitor get stuck on one once.  Sometimes they get glitchy and the toddlers won't stay on them and sleep, which is when I delete them -- the blankets, not the toddlers.   Wink

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 July 25, 01:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to put one down the first time the toddler is exhausted and the parents are asleep - don't usually remember about it until that reminds me.  They're definitely invaluable when the parents are sleeping. Mine sometimes appear unusable too, never occurred to me they were the wrong way round - didn't even know they had to be a certain way round.

I prefer different looking babies.  Most of them look exactly the same and there's no indication of what they're going to look like as toddlers. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 July 25, 02:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't look like a Maxian skin. Many custom skins exhibit strange textural issues on babies and toddlers, which commonly include "eyes all over the place" and funny teeth issues.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 July 25, 02:28:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have always had those teeth issues even on maxis skins. No rhyme or reason, I assume its that the teeth simply dont fit the mesh properly for certain facial anims - thanks maxis!
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 July 25, 02:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen when the blanket was against a wall and facing the wrong way. It is not immediately apparent which is the front since the arrows are beneath the blanket surface.   Tongue

In my game a previously usable toddler blanket will suddenly start acting like it's blocked even when neither it nor anything near it has been moved.  I really do think there's something a little bit buggy about it.  As far as I can tell, it eventually happens to every blanket in every house.

I've found that moving it will unblock it anyway, though.  For me the usefulness far outweighs the minor annoyance of having to check and make sure the toddler really does go to sleep.

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 July 25, 03:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird, I've not had any problems with it being blocked.  I was pleasantly surprised that it worked as well as it did with the Baby Controller.  Perhaps it's because of the way I've been positioning it?
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 July 25, 06:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's something I've seen all too often.  All of my toddlers have their bottom jaw pop out whenever they make that face when crying in the crib.  At first I thought it may be a genetic problem, say, the chin was too high, but it's so common to me now that I accepted it as part of the game.  I'm surprised so many have said they've never seen it before.   Huh 
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2006 July 25, 07:07:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't look like a Maxian skin. Many custom skins exhibit strange textural issues on babies and toddlers, which commonly include "eyes all over the place" and funny teeth issues.

On my toddler pic? You'd be right, it is a Lyran default skin Wink I think if it happens again I'm going to take them out. I like my sims to look 'normalish' Tongue

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 July 25, 07:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's the skin. I think it happens with most toddies, but some skins might make it more noticable. I had it with Maxis skin babies, too. The really weird custom skins have those creepy babies with the extra eyes.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 July 25, 07:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My other sims have had lots of babies and toddlers, but this is the first one that have had the protruding teeth from the jaw. I'm on the lookout for it now though! Cheesy

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 July 25, 07:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all of Lyran's skins (none default) and I haven't ever had the teeth thing.

*knocks on wood*

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 July 25, 08:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the extra eyes thing a couple of times that was related to a custom skin - blue, if my memory serves me correctly - which I no longer have. Have never seen the teeth though. As for the odd baby, Hegelian, it looks quite cute to me although I think sim babies are quite generic until they get to be toddlers.

Meh...
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 July 25, 12:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the third eye baby with one custom skin which I quit using. No teeth thing babies so far. I love the baby blanket and only ocassionally get a routing complaint.

Heg's baby reminds me of the cigar chomping baby from Roger Rabbit! 
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 July 26, 07:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the one with the ken doll teeth,  if its still playing with the dollhouse, its just that the toddlers put all the pieces in their mouth. it only counts if they still have the doll AFTER stopping play!

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 July 27, 00:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is going to sound like a gross question, when the toddler is eating with teeth like that do you ever zoom in out of curiosity to see if you can watch their jaw working? I know watching a toddler masticating food isn't everyones idea of fun, but I'd be curious as what the effect is with teeth that hang out at the bottom of the jaw  Cheesy

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2006 July 27, 07:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never watched them eating, but I will be sure to if I ever get this effect again Wink

Hei_Chavorale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 July 27, 18:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hegelian, I think your kid is cute.  Cheesy I've noticed the ken doll thing but never the teeth thing. Weird... make up some weird story about it then put it on sims2.com. I'm sure people will read it.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 July 28, 01:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get what is weird about the child chewing on the Ken doll??
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 July 28, 16:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry - There is nothing broken about the toddler chewing on the Ken doll.  I just thought it was cute and somewhat related to teething issues.

---
Torkle
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 July 28, 17:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, it is cute.  I know that when kids are that age, everything goes in their mouths.  Tongue  I thought someone was saying there was something wrong with it.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: