More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 05:07:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  The Scrapyard
| | | |-+  No NPC Spam - Experimental Barista Fix
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No NPC Spam - Experimental Barista Fix  (Read 45748 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
No NPC Spam - Experimental Barista Fix
« on: 2005 July 18, 10:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Experimental, untested fix for "mile wide mass of Zergs" barista spam.

nonpcspam.zip

RTFM:
No NPC Spam (v1b) for TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Special Thanks To:
Quaxi, for writing SimPE
Fairlight the Bitch

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
This should cut down the "mile wide mass of Zergs" effect for Barista-spawning
in Uni. It also eliminates a lot of the "safety" checking for NPC-typing, so if
you try to create an NPC by simply setting his NPC type and dumping him into
the NPC pool, this hack will disable that check and you'll get your new,
non-functional NPC showing up to not work. Fortunately, this should never
actually happen unless you are actively trying to do something stupid and not
recommended. So don't.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. Untested alpha for TS2U v1.0.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 11, 12:54:06 by Venusy » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: No NPC Spam - Experimental Barista Fix
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 18, 11:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks !! I run to see if it works !! This bug annoyed me to no end.
pioupiou
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 18, 13:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if it'll solve my problem, but I'll try it and let you know if I actually get a barista to work at my empty espresso bars! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly about my problem!8)

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 18, 18:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this going to be extended to other NPC's?  I had a llama mascot die in a dorm recently and the game immediately spawned another one, even though there were still 2 left in play.  I think I read somewhere that mascots are allocated to certain areas, which would explain it.  Is this actually the case?  Seems stupid to create extra characters when I am trying to reduce the number of character files.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 18, 19:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's unrelated to this: The game naturally attempts to maintain a pool of 3 NPCs of any given type. Baristas were an exception, as the game would never previously attempt to reuse a Barista, instead always generating more and more and more Baristas.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 19, 02:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed all Way Cooler bars because of that spam crap.  I would like to have a couple on certan lots, will download.  Hope someone can report quickly if this works or not.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 19, 08:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it worked!  I finally have baristas turning up for work.  My problem must have been the opposite, in that my game just wasn't creating any of them at all, except in Pleasantview!  Thanks, Pescadp, this is a really useful hack!

Zephyr Zodiac
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 19, 10:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works !
After 5 trips to the expresso bar, I have only two barista NPC and I have seen them twice !!
Thank you so much !!!
pioupiou
lakota
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 02:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome......
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 23, 07:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh the sensation of releif. I hated having to replace all my coffee bars with juice bars. How the hell can you have a bohemian art major sim go for a group study session on a community lot WITOUT COFFEE!! It's insane, I tell you!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 24, 17:11:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, unrelated problem, then.

sarianastar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 25, 08:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must bow down to JM for being more awesome than me. I've been searching for a solution to my missing baristas and useless espresso bars for days now. I haven't installed this just yet (I JUST downloaded it), but seeing ZephyrZodiac's posts stating that this fixed the problem with the missing baristas as well as the endless spawning of baristas, I wanted to post my thanks before I install it and reboot my computer. So thanks.  Cheesy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*<br />My Legacy Stories<br />http://www.sarianastar.com/ts2<br /><br />~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
draranha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 28, 12:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this explains the fact that I"ve got about 200 baristas in my characters folder!
Benazir
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 28, 13:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! It works! Smiley
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 28, 14:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After some hours of gameplay and a lot of trip to the coffee, it really works well, three baristas, no more !!
Thank you so much for this one !!!
Pioupiou
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 29, 02:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game made two, though I only saw one on a comm lot.  I saw the other one in SimPE.  The first lot in regular hood no bartender showed up, but I was using a custom bar, which I ditched.  In college town, they showed up at regular way cooler bar.  Will experiment more later.

Game made 3 and I went from lot to lot and no more seem to have been made.
« Last Edit: 2005 July 29, 17:36:09 by themaltesebippy » Logged
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 August 16, 14:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could have sworn I wrote this already, but maybe it was just prescient deja vu...

The hack worked. Those coffee bars that were missing baristas (some neighborhoods had them, some didn't) now have them back. And the same baristas are there when I return to a lot.

My lips are yours.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 August 18, 16:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played with this only in the normal neighborhood yet, but there it doesn't work for me. Still new baristas generated.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 August 19, 01:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game always insists on a total of 3 NPCs of each type, meaning you'll get 3 baristas, 3 bartenders, and ones will be spawned until this quota is met. If more continued to be spawned, something is wrong.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 August 19, 03:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have this fix, but I don't have baristas missing in the community lots. All my sims order coffee, and even befriend the baristas workers.

But, I have downloaded Danny's bordello from DMA, in which I have baristas for the visitors. Is it the reason I don't miss baristas?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 August 19, 03:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, DMA stuff is considered evil and I don't touch it.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 August 19, 04:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, well, I needed it, because I built a "Romance Neighbourhood", with 4 generations of romance sims...Smiley.

My females couldn't fulfill  all the woohoo wishes of their spouses, especially the Public Woohoo - and Danny's bordello solved this problem quite good...Smiley.

Now all my sims have  Knowledge aspiration (I change all aspirations to knowledge with the SimPe), so I don't use it anymore, but it's still in my inventory.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 August 20, 01:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have this fix, but I don't have baristas missing in the community lots. All my sims order coffee, and even befriend the baristas workers.

But, I have downloaded Danny's bordello from DMA, in which I have baristas for the visitors. Is it the reason I don't miss baristas?

The baristas for Danny's DMA have to be called with the booth each time you visit community lot.  The only bartender/baristas should should have with that pack are Randy and Oliva.  Randy has a white suit and Oliva has a Hula dress.  Your game may or may not be making more and more different NPC's.  If they have green or black apron outfit they are Maxis, not Danny's.  Also you need special bar from DMA for them to work.  They are a good alternative to the Maxis NPC if you have room on lot for booth controller.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 August 20, 03:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baristas for Danny's DMA have to be called with the booth each time you visit community lot.  The only bartender/baristas should should have with that pack are Randy and Oliva.  Randy has a white suit and Oliva has a Hula dress.  Your game may or may not be making more and more different NPC's.  If they have green or black apron outfit they are Maxis, not Danny's. Also you need special bar from DMA for them to work. They are a good alternative to the Maxis NPC if you have room on lot for booth controller.

No, I put the original baristas in the community lot (usually I have only one, sort of all-purpose community + hotel with beds and showers, remodelled from "King's Landing Tavern", downloaded from the exchange, made by wintermuteai1,  before TSU was issued - it's still there, search for "king", oldest lots, community), and the workers come there autonomously - I don't call anyone of the Danny's workers. I just don't have the barista bug - strange.
« Last Edit: 2005 August 20, 04:12:24 by gali » Logged
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 August 21, 18:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the bug only in my testing neighborhood, where Sims have visited a downtown lot with coffee bar many, many times. In other neighborhoods, where they spend more time at home, the bug never appeared.

So, whether you have the bug or not seems related to the number of times you've asked the game to generate baristas by visiting a lot with a coffee bar.

Note that my problem was missing baristas, not too many baristas. The same fix seems to alleviate both problems, though. Barista Fiber!  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: