More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:41:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Melody Tinker in college
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Melody Tinker in college  (Read 5866 times)
bootsie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Melody Tinker in college
« on: 2006 June 13, 19:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else here had problems when sending this particular sim to university?  My google skills must not be very good because I can't find any useful info about the subject.  I saw one post by somebody saying Melody's bugginess in college is well known, but no info about a fix.

The problem I'm referring to is Melody going to college, and instead of going to class at the normal freshman time she gets the notice to go to class at 11 at night and then never comes back.  I haven't gotten her to her first finals yet but I'm assuming that will be screwed up too.  I'll use the college clock to make her go to finals but does anyone know of a way to just fix it? 

Probably unrelated, but I had some weirdness with her before she even to college when I loaded the Tinker house sometime after installing Inteen.  I knew they would all be reset and she would have warped home from school, but she was standing in the backyard and then disappeared along with her thumbnail pic.  I had to bring her back with the tombstone of life+death.
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Melody Tinker in college
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 13, 23:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Melodie Tinker had exactly the same problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. My advice; stay away from all pre-made charcters as much as possible. Maxis did a great job in screwing them up in one way or another

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 14, 01:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Melodie just happens to be in college right now too and I had the same problem at first.  What I did for that semester was cancel out the auto go to class at 11pm and sent her when she was supposed to go (9am for the major I picked I think).  She would then go just the normal hours. 

If I remember right, it cleared up after her finals that first semester and she doesn't have that problem anymore.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 14, 20:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melody Tinker and Tessa Ramirez both had that problem.  Once they finish that odd first semester, it resets and they have to do their first semester again, this time going to class at the correct time, but they graduate with no problem.  Be sure to keep their grades up during that first odd semester, because it does count toward their GPA.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 15, 06:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but she was standing in the backyard and then disappeared along with her thumbnail pic

Had the same problem with the Laandgrab house when I moved a female in with Malcolm. It was random as to who would disappear, sometimes it was him and sometimes it was her. I'd save, exit and go back and everything would be normal for a short while then they would pull the disappearing act.  Finally moved em out and back in and it stopped occuring and seems fine now.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 22, 18:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd tend to agree that it's the lots in Bluewater that screw up the sims, while they are IN Bluewater, but I can't think why it should be the case with Uni.  However, it's worth checking them in SimPE as soon as they get there to make sure their Uni stats are as they should be for newly arrived students.  (You can put a new student in from CAS and compare the stats - don't compare with Maxis -mades, some of them have faulty stats too.)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4467.0

This is a post I made concerning the problem with the stats for certain sims.  The 5th post is where I posted my finding.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 23, 11:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange!

I've put Melody Tinker through college before and had no issues at all.  Could it come down to the way she is sent to college, I did it through the sending multiple sims at the same time part.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 23, 11:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in my game Melody is still waiting to go as I can't stand that family!  But all the townie kids went, using the multiple sims option, and they all grew up well and went to lectures etc. with no trouble at all!

Zephyr Zodiac
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 23, 16:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How strange!

I've put Melody Tinker through college before and had no issues at all.  Could it come down to the way she is sent to college, I did it through the sending multiple sims at the same time part.

That's how I did it, but I experienced the problem described.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 23, 16:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, I can only reiterate, check her stats in SimPE and particularly what  grade she has and what semester etc. as sometimes these are wrong!  When you have put them right, also check in her memories for a went to college memory before she went to college! - and without the token.  I describe in detail what I did to clean up the files for the three Brights in SSU at the link I put in a previous post.

Zephyr Zodiac
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 14, 09:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd tend to agree that it's the lots in Bluewater that screw up the sims, while they are IN Bluewater, but I can't think why it should be the case with Uni.  However, it's worth checking them in SimPE as soon as they get there to make sure their Uni stats are as they should be for newly arrived students.  (You can put a new student in from CAS and compare the stats - don't compare with Maxis -mades, some of them have faulty stats too.)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4467.0

This is a post I made concerning the problem with the stats for certain sims.  The 5th post is where I posted my finding.

Bluewater? A totally retard question, is this a new NH for OFB? I have the ex pack but can't install it (Tescos have given me a cd with the wrong manual...don't get me started). I have a custom hood named Bluewater; just wondering what will happen if I install OFB and there are two hoods with the same name.

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 14, 10:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bluewater? A totally retard question, is this a new NH for OFB?
Yes. Comes with custom Sims including their dead relations and many townies, so I highly recommend replacing it with the cleaned template instead.

just wondering what will happen if I install OFB and there are two hoods with the same name.
The one you added last will be named Bluewater_001.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: