More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 11:19:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Money wants
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Money wants  (Read 4524 times)
bratz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Money wants
« on: 2006 June 01, 21:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

Is there a way I can use Simpe or something to change an object so that its outcome NOW satisfies a money want?

Let me explain.  I have Inge's door that allows you to set a price when a visitor walks through.  The only bad thing about that is that the money made does not count towards satisfying any money earned.

verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Money wants
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 01, 21:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah.  yeah i have a problem with i think jenifer burb who is a money sim, but shes purposely not working.  she should not need to earn money if she successfully lives off her husband.   there should be a way to set moneysim  like that to be  'employed'  as a parasite, i mean stayathome  when other people in the family bring home the money.  i  wonder if sellig pictures and novels counts as money earned?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 01, 21:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there is no really feasible way to do this. Money-earned, if not associated with a specific person, such as with your door, does not count towards anything. Not unless you associate it with a lot business, but that's much too difficult if you're asking this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bratz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 01, 21:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 01, 22:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe that self employed career that someone mentioned the other day is really all we need.   but then, that would give extra money to the household.  what i really want to do is subtract money from john burbs wages and apply it to jennifer.  i guess its a game limitation because when i go to hire someone, they will show as unemployed even they are at home taking care of five kids.  it keeps giving them aspirations to get jobs which they do NOT want and cant handle.   same thing now for owners of businesses, it keeps bugging them to get a job.

which reminds me, weirdly two jeffs hack to keep employed people off the hire list isnt working for me at all.   evn though i blew away all my hacks and got updated stuff for ofb,  about half of twojeffs stuff isnt working.  previously everything always worked.

Life is tough.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 01, 22:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

which reminds me, weirdly two jeffs hack to keep employed people off the hire list isnt working for me at all.   evn though i blew away all my hacks and got updated stuff for ofb,  about half of twojeffs stuff isnt working.  previously everything always worked.
I'm not sure what the Jeffistani version is or does, but you probably want this one instead, if that's what you seek.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 22:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ah, no wait i have that hack.   ive never had one of your hacks before before!

Life is tough.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 01, 22:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the self-employed career being discussed here was one that DOESN'T pay the Sim any money, because it is set up so that every day is a day off. (I assume that aspect of it is the part that Pescado didn't like?)

Would be nice if there were a career done that had, say, one workday a week, only one hour of work on that day, extremely low pay at all levels so it wasn't a cheat, and was easy to rise to the level that would allow the Sim who had it to stay off the list of potential hires.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 02, 00:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like a panhandler career to me!

Life is tough.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 02, 11:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice if there were a career done that had, say, one workday a week, only one hour of work on that day, extremely low pay at all levels so it wasn't a cheat, and was easy to rise to the level that would allow the Sim who had it to stay off the list of potential hires.

There is, it's been around for ages.  You can get it on MTS2, it's the Self-Employed career.  They actually work 2 hours a week, but otherwise it seems to fit the bill.  Not sure if it will work with the latest expansions, but you could check the thread to see if anyone has said it does.  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42215&highlight=self-employed

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 02, 13:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is, it's been around for ages.  You can get it on MTS2, it's the Self-Employed career.  They actually work 2 hours a week, but otherwise it seems to fit the bill.  Not sure if it will work with the latest expansions, but you could check the thread to see if anyone has said it does.  http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=42215&highlight=self-employed

Whoops, replied to the PM first and didn't know this was here. Like I said, only problem with this one (which I've had before) is that it's not minimal-pay. I was thinking of something that is effectively the same as not making any money at all.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 02, 14:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check out this thread:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3846.msg110669#msg110669

There are two careers, Self-Employed and Happily Unemployed.  Both work fine with OFB.  No salary in either career.  Technically each includes 1 hour of "work" per week, but you don't actually have to leave the house.

Even if you're not a member of N99, you can PM the creator (pearlbh) and ask her to send them to you.

Karen
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 02, 14:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Er, yeah, I made reference to those already. I've read the thread; JM posted in it that he thinks there's something dodgy about the way they're supposed to work (probably the all days are days off thing?).

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 03, 00:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the only thing about Jennifer Burb that doesn't annoy me is that she is prepared to work - she isn't lazy.  Now if you want a parasite, try Dina Caliente!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: