More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 00:13:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  House Layout?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House Layout?  (Read 44718 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: House Layout?
« Reply #50 on: 2006 May 25, 04:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Twain, translation? And smile, life is short to be angry...Smiley.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2006 May 25, 04:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Translation:

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Cry Cry Cry Cry

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
FatedCircle
Obtuse Oaf

Doink!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 May 25, 04:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Translation:

Huh Huh Huh Huh

Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Cry Cry Cry Cry

Billy, put down that phylactery, we're Episcopalian.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 May 25, 04:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali! Sudden flashback. Way back when my son played TS1 (before he discovered Doom and Mortal Kombat LOL) he used to build his houses exactly the way you do. His teachers have told me that he has a highly developed abstract thinking process, likes to think outside of the box. Dare to be different, it's a good thing! Grin

Grin Grin Grin

Well, I always like to think "outside the box"...Smiley, even if I am a subject of mocking - doesn't affect me at all, I always do what I want.

LK and Twain - come on, it's not MY thread, I didn't open it. BlueSoup moved my reply at the Podium here, and put my name on it!  And if you don't like my layout - don't build this way.

Geeez...Smiley

« Last Edit: 2006 May 25, 04:18:24 by gali » Logged
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2006 May 25, 04:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I always like to think "outside the box"...Smiley,

"Outside the box" seems to be an accurate description of your abode. Smiley

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 May 25, 04:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question...how long does it take for that house to load?Huh  'that puppy is HUGE. Wink

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 May 25, 04:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It kinda looks like an institution...

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 May 25, 04:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One question...how long does it take for that house to load?Huh  'that puppy is HUGE. Wink

About 30 seconds. But the save takes about 2 minutes.

I packaged it, and all my houses are the same - I just like it that way; you are not forced to build like this - each one has his own taste. For instance, I hate the empty large houses, with only bed in the bedroom, I feel depressed seeing bare walls and floors.

...And it's a kitty, not puppy...Smiley.

Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 May 25, 06:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I'm just confused as to why there seems to be furniture outside the house. I thought it was supposed to go inside.  Huh

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 May 25, 08:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My real life house floor plan isn't entirely convenient or comfortable for me either, I'd still hate to live in a house like that though.

What I don't understand though is this:  Gali likes her house like that, fine and dandy, I don't, also fine and dandy.  Why is there always this spate of "you must play like I do, it is the best and only way"

I don't care how she plays, but I very much disagree with the idea that it's the only way, which I thought was implied in her saying, "You can build thousands of house-layouts in the game, pretending to copy the real-life ones, on which you exclaim "Wow!" - but they are not comfortable to the sims. Period."

They are if you know how to tweak them, period. And I wouldn't be able to wrap my mind around a lot like hers -- doesn't mean her lot is "wrong", but it also doesn't mean that it's the one right way. Maybe I come off as grouchier about it than intended because I don't use smilies much.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 May 25, 08:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That design is utterly devoid of any semblance of artistic merit or even practical value. Is it REALLY necessary to make the bathrooms so ginormous? And what's with the ceiling lights suspended in space on the outside of the building? Why so MANY?

I also notice the apparent lack of Bathroom Uses You TP in your bathrooms.

ALL GALIS SUCK!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 May 25, 09:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I know its rude, but I have to say it... That house is insanely ugly!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 May 25, 09:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't look for artistic value - if I would, I should download many many  much more beautiful houses from the various sites, especially the Reggikkos' ones!  Wink Wink Wink

My house is functional, for the sims and for me; sims hate stairs, and I hate to use the "page up" and "page down" button.

The bedrooms and the baths are close to the road, because I hate to use the "ctrl-right mouse" buttons, to achieve the objects on which I want to click on. And I hate to send the sims to the baths one after another - we have at home one bath for 2 people, and somtimes I almost pee in my pants, because it's occupied...Smiley.

And I hate darkness, that's why my yard is full of hanging and standing lamps.

...And I never used the "bathroom uses you" hack - I don't like it.  Wink Wink

You can mock me as much as you want - when I like something, I stick to it...Smiley.

If my house model was not accepted so much, BlueSoup could tell me to move the reply at the podium, and not to separate it, and trashcanize it. It was not MY thread , I didn't suggest anyone to build like it, only told what I built - she can't use MY name on her MANIPULATIONS of the threads!   It's insulting!!!

If  I was a senator with the ability of BlueSoup - I would too move to the Retardo many of HER answers!

I have rights too! - there! I said what I feel.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 May 25, 09:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I know its rude, but I have to say it... That house is insanely ugly!

It's nice to me. I can build any layout that I want, I don't "rape" anyone to follow me, nor I have given a link to download it. And yes, it's rude!!! Angry Angry Angry
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 May 25, 09:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am curious about this "Sims don't like stairs" thing. I've never noticed that in any way, shape or form. In fact, if I don't want visitors going upstairs constantly, I have to make sure the environment score downstairs is better than that upstairs. Even then, they'll go upstairs very readily for anything they want, whether it's socializing, playing a game, going to the bathroom, playing with some toy, whatever. They don't seem to differentiate between house levels at all.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Ms.Perception
Pinheaded Pissant

From me to you.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 May 25, 09:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just about to comment on that as well, neriana. My sims are constantly going upstairs when I want the little idiots to stay downstairs. My sims never seem to have any issues with stairs.  Undecided

As for the house, what did you expect, gali? Not everyone was going to like it. So the major consensus seems to prove that no one likes, who cares? If it works for you then fine. I think it was just a tad on the surprising side for those of us that like our houses smaller, more together, and with the furniture on the inside.

Do you even need one of these when you don't actually post?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 May 25, 10:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This topic hasn't moved house properly!

I would add that, if you have a home business and lock your upstairs bathroom doors and family room doors, you get a whole load of visiting sims marching up and down the stairs, and then they go and complain!  (Only thing to do is put a door at the bottom of the stairs and lock that....)

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 May 25, 10:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This topic hasn't moved house properly!
I put it back. I was WONDERING why it seemed kinda like a dangling nonsequitur there, and Gali seems to be upset by the move in any case.

BLUESOUP, YOU HAVE A FAT HEAD!
Stop messing with everything already.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 May 25, 10:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it didn't take as long as it takes for Gali to save her house!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 May 25, 11:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wanna see Gali's house - have you taken the pic away Gali?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2006 May 25, 11:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its up there witch!  Reply number 10 (if the damn thing doesn't get split again)

Axe murdered since 2006
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 May 25, 11:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, maybe i need to refresh the page

edit: Yeah, had the page open before the re-merger  Roll Eyes

Edit again: I don't have any problems with that house as far as functionality goes, function over form, no problem.
It probably works very efficiently.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 25, 11:15:48 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 May 25, 11:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a very functional house for 8 poor sim brothers, four slept on the porch, and four slept in what would become bathrooms, they shared two bathrooms and lived in one big room!  They got richer, so I moved them to a big house with a basement swimming pool and every mod con, including en-suite bathrooms - the house eventually died a slow and lingering death.  So, although I do like my houses to look good, functionality wins hands down every time, trouble is in consequence my houses often look vaguely similar, although I do try to vary them with different walls and garden styles.

Funnily enough, I had three houses on SimFreaks2, one was unusual in the extreme, but worked well in game, the other two were traditional (one was an enormous mansion) and although they were playable, they were sloooow) - but guess which ones got downloaded most!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 May 25, 12:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe my sims are just lazy or maybe It's because I play 8 to a house with lots of visitors and I don't have enough stairs, but my Sims would rather que up at the downstairs bathrooms and bitch because somebody is already in there, when there are several empty bathrooms just over their heads.  They also prefer to sleep on couches rather than make that loooong trip upstairs to the more comfy beds, stupid sims. Cheesy
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 May 25, 12:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you need Bathroom Uses You!  Not to mention the Sleep clock!  (Interestingly, though, if you have a cheap toilet in the downstairs loo, and expensive ones upstairs, visitors will always choose the upstairs ones, but your own sims pick the one closest to them - but if it's directly overhead, they will hike through three room, up a staircase, and back through three rooms again to reach it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: