More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:29:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Are you going to buy Nightlife?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: So, this Nightlife expansion... Will you buy it?  (Voting closed: 2005 August 29, 16:17:51)
Yes - as soon as it's released. - 37 (42%)
Yes - but only after JMP's "fixed" it. - 35 (39.8%)
Yes - but only after the standalone University patch is released. - 11 (12.5%)
Maybe - it depends if I can afford it. - 3 (3.4%)
No - I'm not giving EA any more money. - 2 (2.3%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Are you going to buy Nightlife?  (Read 19712 times)
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Are you going to buy Nightlife?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 22, 23:21:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget to reinstall and defrog before nuking.  Reinstall several times, just to make sure the evil sprits are truely gone.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 22, 23:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Option 3 is my choice.  I had hoped that Maxis would have the stand alone patch out, so my family wouldn't have to ask me what I wanted for my birthday.  I'll admit I bought Universiity the day it came out.  I installed it and didn't have any problems for two months--then the bugs showed up.  Even if there was the stand alone patch, I want to wait and see what the problems are.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 22, 23:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chose 2. Not to stroke Pescado's ego /giggle but also because his fixes actually fixes my game. As does Jeff's fixes and I will wait to see from both of these 2 gents.

But not only because of that. I will also wait to see if all the new meshes, the recolors any the exisiting hacks/game fixes become compatible. I have sooo much crap in my downloads folder that I just can't play without. And anyway. My game wont explode not getting Nightlife right away it comes out. And neither will my head.

Kestran.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 22, 23:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some other good-looking games coming out next month.  Nightlife can wait.  More specifically, it can wait until I'm satisfied that I can play it without tearing my hair out.  I answered 3 though, because I pledged not to buy Nightlife until a standalone patch is released by Maxis, and I intend to stick to my guns Smiley

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 23, 00:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.  I don't think I'll be able to resist.  I'm a tragic Sims Addict Lips sealed

<insert witty comment here>
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 23, 00:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chose one, but like a few others have said it's a mix between one and two.

Or more like: 'I want to get it quick but I'm not sure if I'll be able to immediately. And I want to see if there are any fixes before that.'  Wink

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
Judecat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 23, 00:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not worried about having UNI patched,  because with the the hacks it's actually working properly,  I'm just going to wait to see what new madness Nightlife will be up to.  

Besides,  the patch they made for Sims 2 is was not compatable with Uni.  Had to install Sims 2 to get rid of the patch before I installed Uni, and then Uni has it's own glitches.  

I've told my husband don't worry about Nightlife until Christmas.  That should give JM and Jeff (or Jeffs) time to fix it for us.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 23, 02:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to get it right away, but doubt I'll be able to squeeze it in the old budget. If I am lucky I'll get it for Christmas. I tell myself this is for the best, after all most of the bugs should have fixes available by then.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 23, 02:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chose 2, but it is mix between 2 and 3. I want to make sure it'll be okay to install Nightlife with my regular neighborhood without having to fear explosion. I'll see which downloaded hacks/items I need to replace or remove before attempting it.

I am also holding out in the hopes that Maxis will come through with that patch. It's waaaaay overdue already. However, my confidence in Maxis as far as patches are concerned is slipping, and I wouldn't be surprised if we DON'T end up with anything.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 23, 10:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I chose 2. I also have too much stuff that might/might not be compatible with NL, so I'm adopting the wait and see attitude.

Aside from that, I don't have it in my budget anyways, so I'll put it on my Christmas/Birthday list. I haven't bought a single sim game myself, why deny my family/friends the opportunity to get me NL as a present as well :D

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 23, 10:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's strange, because Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools which are FAR more evil programs seem to not affect my game at all.  Roll Eyes
OK. I can't load Sims2 with Alcohol 120%, Clone CD or Daemon tools installed on my system. My Nero, came with the burner & is maybe 2 yrs old, works fine, sims2 doesn't comment.

My roomie had the same problem when he first got the game (he had Nero, Clone CD, Alcohol, etc.). He ended up getting a no CD crack to work around it because there was no way he was taking anything off with all the CD burning he does.
The only no CD crack I saw, disables the build mode, which kind of wipes out a lot of the game for me.

I think it has something to do with the SafeDisc protection which specifically bans Nero, Clone CD and Roxio, which is ridiculous considering that anyone who buys a computer these days with a burner purchases one of these programs in order to use it.
Yes, one of the reasons I use burning software is to make a backup copy of all my PURCHASED CDs. As it is, I don't even have a full backup set of Sims1, from Hot Date on the CDs won't copy properly. I've had no success with sims2 and am just fairly religious about putting them away when not playing. I must have a go with Virtual CD and see if I can do it that way.

I can understand their (EA's) need to prohibit copyright infringement, but I don't see where that gives them the right to dictate to the paying customer what programs he/she can keep on his/her own computer.
I was utterly furious the first time this message came up. Who the fuck do EA think they are, dictating what I can and can't have installed on my own PC?!?

Ontopic at last: I won't be buying till October, I signed a pledge to say I'd wait for the end of the financial quarter in protest at the lack of a standalone patch for uni. The profit margin is all EA are interested in, and given I know I'll buy the EP at some point, I may as well buy at advantage for me and a disadvantage for EA.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 23, 12:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will probably buy it eventually, after it's been on Ebay for a while and I can get a decent used copy from Timbuktu or something.  I'm saving my pennies for Zelda:  Twilight Princess if it ever comes out!  Groan!

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Cyberus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 23, 13:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah ... I haven't even been able to squeeze Uni into the budget yet .. NL is a long ways out.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 August 23, 21:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some other good-looking games coming out next month.  Nightlife can wait. 

No kiddin!  Shaolin Monks here I come!!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 August 24, 00:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh heh,

I will buy University (which still looks excruciatingly boring and system draining, but I'm tired of having to forgo many of the coolest hacks and mods) when Nightlife comes out and it's selling for closer to what it's worth.
Since I actually want  Nightlife, I will buy it once I get University fixed, by which time Nightlife should have enough improvements available to make it playable.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 August 24, 00:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

mines on order, it always seems like they work ok for a while, so hopefully i'll be free and clear for a bit. and i don't have tons of custom stuff so its easy to remove temporarily.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 August 24, 10:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to buy it, but I won't install it until I learn how many characters it adds.  If it will put me over the 800 character mark, I won't be able to install it until some fixes are created.  I hope it won't add too many characters, but I don't hold out much hope.  Sigh.
Danni
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2005 August 24, 19:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I preordered it today... well, I'm not going to complain at getting money off it, bringing it down to more what it's probably worth (£14 Tongue)

However, being in the UK, I'm hoping a certain lip ripping king will have fixed the worst bugs by the time it comes out here... though that might be asking too much, in which case I'll play it on my partner's computer, so mine will be fine when his explodes.

I like to be able to read people's posts.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 August 25, 01:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting it the minute it's available locally - (I don't do pre-orders, it seems I've heard too many stories of it not being worth it for all the hassles) - and patience is not a virtue of mine. I know it will probably be broken -  but I'm like a kid at Christmas, I have to see what all the new thingies are and what they do, and I have to see it NOW. Luckily (?) I will be back in the full swing of work in September, so I won't have a ton of time to play, so hopefully I will be behind everyone else in bug-discovery. That's what happened with the jump bug, everyone was getting it before me because I hadn't logged enough hours in the game, and I was able to avoid it until the fix came out.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Zythe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 August 26, 00:07:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will probably buy it eventually, after it's been on Ebay for a while and I can get a decent used copy from Timbuktu or something.  I'm saving my pennies for Zelda:  Twilight Princess if it ever comes out!  Groan!

C

Yep, Twilight Princess is on my list next to Nightlife as soon as Americans endure and identify the bugs Wink along with Pokemon XD: Gale of Shadows.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 August 26, 03:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My 12 year old is practically frothing at the mouth for NL to come out so I'm sure I will be beat into submission and get it not too long after if comes out. She will probably have me lined up at Walmart on the release date. Ok, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 August 26, 04:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After going through the hell of installing University my eagarness for expansion packs have hit the dirt.  Shocked I would buy directly whenever released but it might just stay in box until I know there aren't LFBVFS shoved in there.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 September 08, 15:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said I wasn't gonna.  But I did.  I preordered it today.  The vampires are too much to not have!  ARRGH!  I suppose this means I need to start cleaning stuff up in my downloads folder, doesn't it?   Tongue

I'll be happy to start reporting on bugs....

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: