More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:36:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The War Room
| | |-+  Factoids and Statistics on Skill Gaining
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Factoids and Statistics on Skill Gaining  (Read 180845 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Factoids and Statistics on Skill Gaining
« Reply #150 on: 2008 March 01, 16:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pardon my ignorance, but what's CTAE?
Child, Teen, Adult, Elder.

I love the activity table.  Especially the fact that it 1) builds more than one skill, and 2) can be used by both toddlers and kids.  Good to know that it beats the other toddler toys, which I had long since grown utterly sick of Smiley
I wasn't aware it was usable by kids, but such a thing would be pointless, as a 150 LR is categorically insuperior to other child-enabled items.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008 March 01, 17:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kids can definitely use it for drawing; I've seen that in my game.  (And then, just like the easel, it leaves a half-completed drawing on the table that must be "scrapped" by the next person to come along who wants to use the table.  Sad)  I wonder if the activity table builds social (toddler-toddler or toddler-kid interactions) like the dollhouse?

I'm very pleased so far with the new toddler items in this EP.  It's LONG past time the little rugrats got some extra attention!

Karen
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2008 March 01, 19:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Table gives four spots for drawing, though, in a relatively smaller size than four easels (plus, ya know, toddler-enabled). In a nursery with twins or more, it's way more efficient than as many other toys as you would need space-wise. I've never cared much if my toddlers skill, I just want them out of the toilet and not stalking their parents.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008 March 01, 19:59:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only got The option to teach one nursery rhyme to the toddler. I can't remember the skill point(s)? awarded, but didn't have the option to teach another rhyme. So the charisma rabbit may be around a while yet; I loathe the soundtrack of the damn thing!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2008 March 02, 14:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers can still gain charisma from the rhyme after learning it, by singing the rhyme to themselves, though I found the process of doing this manually - queuing up rhyme after rhyme - fairly tedious. (They also gain music enthusiasm - I kept at it long enough to get the toddler membership to the music lot, then let him have the rabbit)

And pictures on the drawing table can be grabbed and stuck on the wall, like paintings from the easel. I'm stashing them in the toddler responsible's inventory for now.

dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008 March 15, 14:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far as I can see, the toddler table doesn't build relationships between toddlers or children. I was disappointed when I watched several use it and no one was talking.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 2008 March 15, 16:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't at first realize that you have to pick up tiny drawings from the activity table directly to keep them, just like you pick up paintings from an easel. The "scrap" option is completely borked. It doesn't save drawings in Sim's inventory, so it's practically same as "clean up". Also I noticed that every time adults scrap/clean up kid's drawings from the activity table, they take quite a hit in their energy. It makes no sense, how could it possibly be such an exhausting activity?  Roll Eyes

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008 March 15, 23:38:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far as I can see, the toddler table doesn't build relationships between toddlers or children. I was disappointed when I watched several use it and no one was talking.

When I have two toddlers on the activity table, it doesn't take long before they get to 100/100 with each other. 

I've been replaying Strangetown, and Lazlo & Vidcund got abducted the same night.  Their toddlers are now 100/100 with each other due to the table, and they still have one day left as toddlers.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008 March 16, 09:34:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also I noticed that every time adults scrap/clean up kid's drawings from the activity table, they take quite a hit in their energy. It makes no sense, how could it possibly be such an exhausting activity?  Roll Eyes
For the same reason why making/serving espresso lowers fun when it's about 90% or higher?

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2008 March 23, 21:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only got The option to teach one nursery rhyme to the toddler. I can't remember the skill point(s)? awarded, but didn't have the option to teach another rhyme. So the charisma rabbit may be around a while yet; I loathe the soundtrack of the damn thing!

So far I haven't had anybody get the option to teach a nursery rhyme to anybody. Are there some skill or hobby requirements for this option to appear?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008 March 23, 21:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't think so, all my families have been able to teach the toddler a nursery rhyme. Quite cute rly.

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2008 March 24, 01:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I haven't had anybody get the option to teach a nursery rhyme to anybody. Are there some skill or hobby requirements for this option to appear?

I noted the other day when I was playing that the option only seemed to come up when the toddler was on the ground - ie if I clicked while my sim was holding the toddler it didn't appear, but once he put the kid down it did.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008 March 27, 08:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a toddler to skill in charisma when learning the nursery rhyme.

Anyways FT seemed to has taken away the playing with toilet and puddle madness that I used an awesome (now the hacker is no-longer awesome) hack to remove since it was so annoying.

Now the toddlers are glued to the activity table that not even the Eye can seem to squeeze them off to make a sim teach them to use the toilet.

Bug, or feature? Your call, Pescado.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008 March 28, 15:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly, it has to do with the EXTREMELY LENGTHY undocking protocol involved in the table.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008 March 28, 16:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mostly, it has to do with the EXTREMELY LENGTHY undocking protocol involved in the table.

Or docking with it -- always seems like it takes the sprog 2 or 3 tries to get into position at the table, no matter where I put it or what's around it.  Anyway, if I want the parent to interact with the toddler to teach something, I just turn on the manual override on the BC, get the sprog away from the table, and then send the parent over to the kid.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008 March 28, 17:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cancel the toddler playing then double-cue the parent to teach, which seems to work fine.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008 March 28, 19:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the parent nearby in procrastinate mode. Then stop the toddler and queue procrastinate for it. Then put the command in the parent's queue. By the time the toddler has disengaged, it waits for the next command. If I forget to turn off the baby controller I usually end up with another family sim charging in and trying to take over, which is very irritating.

abelle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008 May 06, 23:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The necromancy warning is nice. Hadnīt seen that before. Anyway I think this is the right place to post. In the first post the skillingrate for fixing up a restorable car is not given. Does anyone know the rate for it? It is a nice way to gain tinkering enthusiasm and earn money, so I would like if it has a good skillingratio as well.

I would also love to have it integrated in the macros in some way, as the sim will stop working on the motor when it backfires.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008 May 06, 23:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know the skillingrate, if there is one, for the fixable car, but the hobbinate->tinker macro properly handles the restoration, including retry after backfire.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: 2008 May 07, 09:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the skilling rate is for the new teaching interactions in FreeTime?  Is having one sim teach another a skill worth doing?  I was suprised to find a knowledge sim didn't refuse to teach a sim he'd just met.  I think it built the friendship as well as the skill which made it doubly useful. Hooking a second sim into the action made it look very like "hang out'

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008 May 07, 17:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know what the skilling rate is for the new teaching interactions in FreeTime?  Is having one sim teach another a skill worth doing? 

Don't know about the skilling rate, but having a sim teach others in a hobby is really fast.  The sims being taught will rise at least 1 level every hour.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2008 May 07, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know about the skilling rate, but having a sim teach others in a hobby is really fast.  The sims being taught will rise at least 1 level every hour.
Rate is only 200, same as most standard objects. Nothing special or even worth the handshake time. You're imagining it.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2008 May 07, 21:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it seems faster to me. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2008 May 08, 13:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Base rate is not the only factor involved in skilling, so any number of things, including simply your imagination, may account for it. The table is given above, so you can calculate exactly how long it will take.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2008 May 08, 17:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, but that's for using skilling objects.  I'm talking about the "instruct in hobby" interaction, where one sim talks, and others sit around on the floor and listen.  Does that also increase the hobby "skill" at the base rate? The ones being instructed seem to pick up a point or three in the hobby rather quickly, and it seems faster than if they use a hobby object to gain the same skill.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: