More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 02:56:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2  (Read 22167 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Newer Shinier Comm Skilling hack at MTS2
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 23, 07:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was very happy to grab this shiny comm skilling hack!

I think the confusion over JMs is that he originally had more then one version

1 allowed all sims to gain skills anywhere

its RTFM
Okay, fine, here you go: Skills 4 all. EVERYONE can now learn skills ANYWHERE. Your sims can learn skills. Visitors can learn skills. Even the NPC can learn skills, so the maid will actually improve cleaning while working at your house! Maybe.

I have made this a seperate upload here, although this one overwrites the other one on install, and they are not compatible with each other: This one supercedes the original and unpredictable results will occur if you rename one or the other and use both at once.

The original above is unchanged and will enable community lot learning only for controlled sims, not visitors or NPCs.

Pick your poison, but be aware of the potential drawbacks mentioned above, particularly given Sim pool obsession.

another allowed only "player controlled" to learn skills on community lots

its RTFM
This hack lets you learn skills on community lots, so now all those public libraries, parks, pools, and gyms you've built will actually be useful!

then there was the newer one - which has been updated along the way
Controlled sims, NPCs, and townies may gain skills while visiting community
lots, including non-college community lots. Notifications of skill-point gain
will only be displayed for controllable sims.

If I remember correctly the Controlled sims means that your playable sims that you are Not currectly controlling - would Not gain skills.  I do know I always perfered the "skilling for all" and JM refused to update it when Uni came out - but it still worked - I know since I kept using it, I don't think I gave it up untill NL came out, since he wasn't gonna update it and I didn't know if it would still work.

heh, odd the things I remember... my memory is like a time warp hole that sometimes spits information back out

edit - the quoted parts are all from the actual RTFMs - I still have copys of some of the old hacks  Wink
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 23, 07:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I "beta-tested" the new update, and it WORKS without problems. ALL sims can now gain skilling points at the community lots.

Phew...Smiley.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 23, 10:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyways, it's not a super big deal. And I totally understand why people want skilling for all. Everyone has their own way of playing. Y'all should know that I'm s super slow player. I even restarted my whole 'hood after installing NL, and I still haven't graduated anyone from Uni yet, I still haven't gotten through the first generation, I have housesholds that I set up which I haven't even played yet. Tongue And now that OFB is in, I still haven't attached a Shopping District. Roll Eyes
Ste

You think you're slow? I've had the same neighborhoods since the game first came out, and to date I've only had 1 person die of old age - PT9 in Strangeville - and 0 deaths otherwise. I've only sent 1 batch of sims who've graduated from Uni - a whopping total of 6 sims!

Of course, it's not like I get a lot of time to play. I'm limited to free hours on the weekends. But still, I think I might just be one of the slowest simmers around.

ooo ooo - if we're having a competition, can I play?

I also have had the same neighbourhood (just the one) since the game was first released and have only had one death and she was an elder when I started.  Ive graduated only 6 sims too but I haven't even installed OFB yet.  I've had it since the beginning of March but am still sorting out where I want my sims to be before it goes in.  You think you're slow?  Pah!

Inteen for AL, yay!
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 23, 10:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad Sleeypcat posted about the versions. I thought I was going to have to dig out all the links and do it (lazy - who me?) 
I too have 3 versions in my DL folder;  I enabled the "all skill all the time version" and disabled the other two.   I was playing base game only though and I think two of the versions were discontinued before NL.  I was disappointed to see that I was down to one version when I added OFB.  I think having 3 working versions again would be great - there is definitely a big split on who wants what in their game.  More work of course..  We could poll I suppose...., but we're gonna get what JM wants in his game aren't we!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 23, 14:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepy: You're correct but I have a couple of things to add.

JM did indeed refuse to update skilling for all after the base game. I believe I was the one who asked him to make skilling for all for the base game way back when he first when were over at MTS2. I want skilling for all dammit and refuse to let it go.  Tongue

As you noted, he didn't update the hack for Uni, however the old skilling for all did work with Uni. It did not fully work with NL as I think it didn't work on downtownies or some such thing. I and several others begged him for an updated skilling for all for NL and being his old crusty crabby mean old self he ignored me so I went poking around the file and changed one tiny value and made my own unofficial modification to his NL skilling for all and posted it. Maybe you missed it? Anyway, it literally took me like 2 second to do once I figured out what value to change, the hard part was figuring it out but Pescado obviously knows and is just being stubborn.

Now for the OFB version of Pescado's comm skilling. It's supposed to work as his usual everyone but non playable controlled sims versions do but it doesn't. Something's wrong with it. Only playable sims gain. Townies do not gain skills with it for some reason in my game and Klaatu also noted the same futher above in another reply.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 23, 14:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but we're gonna get what JM wants in his game aren't we!

Hmph! He ain't the only game in town anymore.  Tongue

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 23, 14:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As you noted, he didn't update the hack for Uni, however the old skilling for all did work with Uni. It did not fully work with NL as I think it didn't work on downtownies or some such thing. I begged him for an updated skilling for all for NL and being his old crusty crabby mean old self he ignored me so I went poking around the file and changed one tiny value and made my own unofficial modification to his NL skilling for all and posted it. Maybe you missed it? Anyway, it literally took me like 2 second to do once I figured out what value to change, the hard part was figuring it out but Pescado obviously knows and is just being stubborn.

Eh? Where? Just looked over at Peasantry and didn't find anything...

Let the Beast inside you free!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 23, 14:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted it in a thread somewhere. I guess it got buried. This was before Peasantry and I never bothered to move it there. I guess I can post in there now, but are there enough people who have NL and don't intend to get OFB that want it?

*Edit: Here's the post in question, but of course the attachments have all been nuked now since the board went down

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=778.msg28313#msg28313

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 23, 17:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as for you Pescado  Tongue

Nice link, Motoki. Cheers. But, are you sure this isn't a sentiment that should have remained closely hidden? Nice knowing you, mate!  Wink

Meh...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 23, 17:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had my lips ripped off before. Lips are over-rated.  Grin

laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 23, 17:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had my lips ripped off before. Lips are over-rated.  Grin

Heh, spotted that, hon.  Grin

Meh...
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 23, 20:13:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyways, it's not a super big deal. And I totally understand why people want skilling for all. Everyone has their own way of playing. Y'all should know that I'm s super slow player. I even restarted my whole 'hood after installing NL, and I still haven't graduated anyone from Uni yet, I still haven't gotten through the first generation, I have housesholds that I set up which I haven't even played yet. Tongue And now that OFB is in, I still haven't attached a Shopping District. Roll Eyes
Ste

You think you're slow? I've had the same neighborhoods since the game first came out, and to date I've only had 1 person die of old age - PT9 in Strangeville - and 0 deaths otherwise. I've only sent 1 batch of sims who've graduated from Uni - a whopping total of 6 sims!

Of course, it's not like I get a lot of time to play. I'm limited to free hours on the weekends. But still, I think I might just be one of the slowest simmers around.

ooo ooo - if we're having a competition, can I play?

I also have had the same neighbourhood (just the one) since the game was first released and have only had one death and she was an elder when I started.  Ive graduated only 6 sims too but I haven't even installed OFB yet.  I've had it since the beginning of March but am still sorting out where I want my sims to be before it goes in.  You think you're slow?  Pah!

I've got you ALL beat. I just had a baby grow to toddler last night, and I had not idea what to do, how to throw a birhtday party, because I have never had a baby grow up before. I have only had two babies born in Whimsy Valley so far. I have been playing it for six months now.

I play with aging off most of the time, the speed set at SLOW 70%, and I pause to take pics or set up some scenario all the time. Takes me about four RL hours to play a sim day. :-/

I started a post called Slow Simmers Unite! here awhile back. Ah, fond memories.

I am currently enamored with Pegasys' Sims2DB and that is slowing me down even more. That program is da shit, y'all.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 24, 15:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so glad you posted this link Motoki, I too prefer my non-playables to comm-skill.  I like the bands in parks, but not with bad musicians, now I won't have to turn the sound down once the townies get some creativity points.
greeneyedsims
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 24, 20:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for the link!  I would like to try this as well.

I am currently enamored with Pegasys' Sims2DB and that is slowing me down even more. That program is da shit, y'all.

Who are you tellin?  That program is my "precious"!!  LOL!!  I'd freak out if I lost all the information I put in that thing!  My Notes section has become a daily journal of what goes on!

--green
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 24, 20:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got you ALL beat. I just had a baby grow to toddler last night, and I had not idea what to do, how to throw a birhtday party, because I have never had a baby grow up before. I have only had two babies born in Whimsy Valley so far. I have been playing it for six months now.

I play with aging off most of the time, the speed set at SLOW 70%, and I pause to take pics or set up some scenario all the time. Takes me about four RL hours to play a sim day. :-/

I started a post called Slow Simmers Unite! here awhile back. Ah, fond memories.

Ah - missed your post.  Must have been too slow on the uptake. 

Yeah Sims2DB - ooo shiney.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 24, 23:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To answer a question that was asked up earlier in the thread, yes, they will get fitter when using a community lot gym.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 30, 19:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool! Thanks for the headsup! Cheesy

Max
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: