More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 20:11:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Post problems you've noticed,
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Post problems you've noticed,  (Read 137945 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: Post problems you've noticed,
« Reply #100 on: 2006 March 06, 11:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem with the doors not locking. The option comes up, and I lock them, but everyone can just wander in.

Have you got that global that went with Inge's apartment doors? That was causing a problem for me till I found it lurking in my skins folder and took it out. It's "securitypatch" or something like that.
[/quote]

I'll have to check my downloads folder.  This was in my hacks folder, which I removed for initial play, so that wasn't the problem for me unless it got in my d/l folder also by accident.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 March 06, 12:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, i think it was in either the first Impressions thread, or the Second and third Impressions thread, and I don't think anyone had come up with  a solution.

I think the leaving after greeting thing has to do with the charging meter thing.  I've noticed that teens and kids invited home from school just leave, and adults invited home from work go and stand at the meter, either decide to pay and stay, or they leave too. Only when sims are at the best friends level will they visit, and then it seems to happen autonomously quite often.

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006 March 06, 13:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I've noticed the greeting thing too.  I've still got a limited number of mods in my game.  Could it be JM's interactwogreet?

I've taken it out, but I haven't had a chance to play much without it yet. I'll let you know if it still happens.

I've had sims leave without paying also, they all seem to be teens, and it happens at 9pm. It might have something to do with that being the time they leave a home lot if they are visiting?

Hmm, interesting. My shoplifter was also a teen. Perhaps I will put Monique's stay later hack back in as that did seem to fix that issue with NL.

re: Fights

You can thank NL for that. Certain sims are just trouble. And certain combinations of sims are always going to end up in a fight. I really wish you could ask customers to leave. I notice if you invite a sim over, have a party or greet them walking by and they start browsing you can ask them to leave, but if they come in on their own as a customer you can't.  Tongue

The food court I live over has a sign that "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. That's how I should be able to run my sims business too.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Ashman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 March 06, 16:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a few I've noticed so far...

1. Sometimes Uni sims will not go to bed when told, even if a hair away from collapsing. They'll walk over to the bed and it will drop from the queue. I haven't seen this yet on a regular lot, but as I was putting my main characters through Uni (after starting over) this happened frequently in their dorms.

2. A few issues when sending "multple sims" to a lot: Didn't it used to ask you, one by one, if you wanted to send that sim? Now it's sending ALL (well, almost all, see below) of them (age child and up), even pregnant sims (which I want to avoid)! When Sim-Me's family had a teen and toddler and I tried to send everybody, I got a dialog telling me someone would have to stay behind or I could hire a nanny, then it gave me a list of teen or older sims on the lot that could stay, plus the nanny. I chose the teen son over hiring a nanny.

So now the toddler is a child, but when I try to send everybody, the teen will not go (nor can he select the car to get in when someone else does) but the child will. I also can't de-select anybody from going... it just auto-requeues. The workaround for this is to just send one sim, then have them call up the other teen & older sims individually after arrving (and since they're automatically managers, they become selectable) but this is inconvenient.

3. Final exams still bugged if they occur at regular class time.

There's some other minor ones but I can't recall them. Though on the positive side, I'm glad they fixed the issues with the newer Nvidia drivers (no more color-changing pillows and newpapers!) and the sound settings going back to stereo on each load.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2006 March 06, 16:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a few I've noticed so far...

2. A few issues when sending "multple sims" to a lot: Didn't it used to ask you, one by one, if you wanted to send that sim? Now it's sending ALL (well, almost all, see below) of them (age child and up), even pregnant sims (which I want to avoid)! When Sim-Me's family had a teen and toddler and I tried to send everybody, I got a dialog telling me someone would have to stay behind or I could hire a nanny, then it gave me a list of teen or older sims on the lot that could stay, plus the nanny. I chose the teen son over hiring a nanny.

Well it's been that way since at least NightLife. I never actually used the send "multiple" Sims to a lot until NL and was surprised when I learned that all Sims had to go. However the easy way around this is to set up a Group with just those Sims of the household you want to send on a "casual outing."

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 March 06, 16:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3. Final exams still bugged if they occur at regular class time.

This is normal since it is the NLP2 patch that is included with OFB, Maxis is aware of it and should come up with a patch for this.  Until then, go get JM "Final exam fix" which works perfectly with OFB.

One thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you can no longer get married on community lots.  Has anyone else had this?  I spent ages building an awesome chapel with some of the cool new roof tools, turned it into a residential lot to place the arch and then turned it back again in the usual way.  Sent a couple of engaged sims over there and the arch is not selectable.  Really annoying.

Unless I am wrong, I don't remember we were ever able too do that unless we use a hack to do so.

Oh, and how could I forget the nightmare that is the CONSTANT fighting in my shops.  One of my businesses lost a rank yesterday because stupid Goopy and Kellerman couldn't stop beating the crap out of each other long enough for me to move them on.  I ask you, is this an appropriate way to behave in a toy shop?  I think not.  I've given them a short period of grace while I learn the ropes, but soon the killing will commence if they don't learn to control themselves.

You should take a look at Crammyboys' hack then, it does help having less fight on community lots.  You will need "less autonamous fight" and if you wish you can also add "no force watch fight", both are OFB compatible.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 March 06, 16:33:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I've noticed that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is that you can no longer get married on community lots.

Unless I am wrong, I don't remember we were ever able too do that unless we use a hack to do so.

You used to be able to with the base game and I've done it before. I think you could with University as well. I've not been able to do it since NL though, or sleep in a bed on a community lot or secret society lot either.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 March 06, 16:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The food court I live over has a sign that "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. That's how I should be able to run my sims business too.
I might make this into a hack, heh. Complete with angry "Get out of my house!" gestures.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magwitch
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 March 06, 16:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should take a look at Crammyboys' hack then, it does help having less fight on community lots.  You will need "less autonamous fight" and if you wish you can also add "no force watch fight", both are OFB compatible.

Thanks!  I'll check it out.

Re the marriage on community lot issue, I've always been able to set up lots for this with no problem.  Even with Nightlife.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 March 06, 16:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There I was missing all the fun of marriage on community lots and now we cannot do it anymore.  Roll Eyes

My Sims need to get married more often I guess lol.  Grin
crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 March 06, 20:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have encountered a problem.  I made one of my sims who is at the top of the food career open a home business to sell bakery items.  Everything was going fine then all of a sudden cosumers were gettign mad and not buying stuff and I found that I couldn't set prices for anything in his cooler and even buying a new one didn't help.  So then I took out all mods to see if that was  the problem and that didn't help. So I tried with a brand new sim opening his own business and I can't sell his bakery items either.  Then I also tried a florist home based business in downtown and her flowers are not selectable to price and customers are angry because of something about her shelves.  So I made a home based flower shop in the regular neighborhood and her flowers are not considered merchandise either but I can sell stuff out of the catalog.  So am I doing something wrong or is my game buggy?  This si driving me CRAZI Huh
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 March 06, 21:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, the NPC and visitor Zapper still works to get rid of trouble makers (also helpful if one of the burglars walks by (casing the joint) as if you ban them from the lot, there's at least a chance they won't get into the house before they get zapped!  At present I can't use SimPE to turn them into babies, which is what I normally do with burglars!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 March 06, 21:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had trouble asking sims to leave the lot. I've always had the "say goodbye to", or "ask to leave" options for customers.

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: 2006 March 06, 21:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a lovely couple start a home business. Their employees kept getting mad and quitting. So first I moved in a townie with a gold cash register badge. ha ha! you can't quit. Then I had him romance a former employee with a gold badge in robotics. And rehired her. Then later I asked her to move in.

When I first checked her job panel it said unemployed. When she woke up the next morning, it said "employee" 9-5. And then the carpool came to take her to work! (at her own lot?) and out of curiosity I sent her and she was just gone all day! BUt not at her actual job of course, which was supposed to be on her (now) home lot.

When she got home, I had her use the phone to quit her "job." That way she could get back to work making robots!

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: 2006 March 06, 21:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm enjoying OFB as far as it goes, but the real problem is the absence of some critical hacks to fix the more stupid elements of the game.

Way back in the days when home computers were still "micro" rather than personal I got down and dirty with Basic and with nothing more than grim determination I overcame my total math-skill vacuum and taught myself enough programming to write some half-decent "games" - I even did some crude animation for a flight sim.

My point is that if a farty old nincompoop who almost failed high school math can do that ... well.

For years I have maintained that computer games "cheat". This is a cause of derision but it's true. Take, as an example the fact that a sim will wait x seconds to be greeted before cancelling out of the wait (to avoid the bane of any program: the endless loop); but it always takes x+1 seconds for a sim to cease painting, reading the paper. Conversely ... shit, I mean perversely sims will instantly cancel out watch-some-TV-to-boost-your-fun-you-stupid-moron-cos-the-school-bus-will-wait just so they can be first on the school bus - they will of course miss school if you leave them painting. This is cheating. It appears to be cheating to innocent players who cannot understand the appallingly illogical behaviour and (worse) it is cheating by the programmer who couldn't be arsed to come up with a game that is challenging because of its sensible and logical structure rather than because playing is a constant struggle to beat an unfair system that is only designed to make it -- almost -- impossible to control.

Bugs I can live with. But, until games are made that don't rely on programmer's laziness to cheat us, I cannot live without hacks.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 March 06, 22:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's getting old to have the want slots clotted up with 1-2 "get a job in the X career," when they own their own business and are trying to make a go of that. Give me some other wants! I wish there was a hack to squash this want if you have a deed to a business. It's silly that being a business owner is catergorized as being "unemployed."  Angry

Okay, so in theory if you own and run a business you could have an "offscreen" job as well--but I don't need a want for that.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 March 06, 23:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, after I moved Lilith in with the Oldies, she was still emplyed at her friends'  business, and I had to get her to phone and quit so she could go to school!  Now, a teen job is AFTER school, so WHY is a teen who is working in a home business or a community business in Bluewater village expected to miss school in order to go?  Either the game should distinguish between teens and adults, or else teens should not be employable in Bluewater village (or at least, not playable sims!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 March 07, 00:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had trouble asking sims to leave the lot. I've always had the "say goodbye to", or "ask to leave" options for customers.

Me too. I have noticed that just 'talking sales' with a customer is not a social interaction, hence you can't say goodbye to them. Its like they are in "buy mode". But after a sale is made at the register you can tell them goodbye or after talking to them if the option hasn't come up for a particular sim then the option to say goodbye should appear.

This is just my observation so far.

Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 March 07, 00:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. I have noticed that just 'talking sales' with a customer is not a social interaction, hence you can't say goodbye to them. Its like they are in "buy mode". But after a sale is made at the register you can tell them goodbye or after talking to them if the option hasn't come up for a particular sim then the option to say goodbye should appear.

This is just my observation so far.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 March 07, 00:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of problems so far (in addition to the Renuyu orb corruption) in the little bit of time I've had to play OFB. The first problem is that once my family's crafted robots have returned to their bases after their initial startup, they don't ever leave on their own again. I don't exactly know what the CleanBots are capable of, but they remain on their bases while dirty dishes, puddles, and old newspapers pile up. I have one CleanBot on each floor and I've checked any number of times to make sure they are turned on but they just sit there taking up space. When I send my Sims to "reboot" them (turn off then on), they go off to water/clean for a few minutes and then return to their bases and never come out again until they are rebooted. Maybe I'm missing something, but I assumed that while they are in the on position they will leave their bases periodically to do the limited number of chores they are capable of doing.

The second problem is far more irriating though. I have a phone stalker who calls every evening for a Sim even though she died a few days ago. He was initially introduced to my Sim as a contact but that effect has long worn off. From the first time he contacted my Sim, he has called every evening at around 6:30 and then again a few minutes later (it's always twice). Before my Sim died, I would have someone else answer the phone and tell him she was unavailable. Now that she's pushing up daisies, when he calls he says something to the effect of "Oh Callista isn't home? Okay, I'll call back later." I tried removing the relationship between the two of them in SimPE last night so they have 0 relationship points towards each other and are, as far as SimPE is concerned, unknown to one another. I also checked both their memories and don't see a contact token anywhere, but the bastard continues to call every night for her. This happens with or without any hacks in the game - even with the phone hack he still calls. One small thing to note is that even with the phone hack installed and the phone ringer set to off, his phone calls still get through and the phone will ring for hours until someone answers. I've taken to removing the telephone from the house until I introduce him to the cow plant.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 March 07, 00:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's definitely wierd!  Have you checked their neighborhood memores too, and deleted any reference to having met?

Zephyr Zodiac
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2006 March 07, 00:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's definitely wierd!  Have you checked their neighborhood memores too, and deleted any reference to having met?

Yup, I removed the corresponding memories of them meeting each other. I've done the same thing any number of times with other Sims successfully, he just doesn't want to stop. At this point I can't think of any other way to get him to stop calling besides killing him.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2006 March 07, 00:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could remove all your sims memories of him and then delete him from your characters folder.

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2006 March 07, 00:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gynarchy, that is really weird. Creepy almost. I can't think of any other suggestions except to kill this sim. I will be very curious to see if it continues after a cowplant feeding.

anyeone
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2006 March 07, 03:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One problem (?) I noticed kind of after the fact was that somehow my two sims in a Uni dorm ended up with a bank account of over $191,000 without having done anything that I noticed.  I hadn't started playing any of the OFB specific stuff yet because I needed to graduate one of the gals before she could start her business.  I've never seen dormies accidentally end up with that kind of money and unfortunately I don't know exactly when it happened because I wasn't watching their bank account that closely.

Next time I play in Uni I will watch closely for it.

In OFB specifics all I've done so far is have that sim buy Little and Local and turn it into an art store (selling wholesale).  It's fun but definitely trickier to figure out than I'm used to (that's not necessarily bad though).  One thing that surprised me was when I put racks of clothing in the store they got ignored - so on my "to-do" list is to go into one of the built-in player owned clothing stores to see how it's set up.

I'm not megalomaniacal, I just play that way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: