More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 20:22:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Was he supposed to take the baby to work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Was he supposed to take the baby to work?  (Read 15836 times)
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Was he supposed to take the baby to work?
« on: 2006 February 23, 19:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First lets get the formalities out the way , hello everybody im new here love everybodys work ect ect ................

I have the hack that stops sims droping a baby thats sleeping or somthing , anyway my sim was holding the sleeping baby when the car pool arrived and he just got in the car holding it, and returned later still holding baby.  i was wondering is this some kind of fault with the hack or was it intended to do that , and if it is intended is it possible to make sims do that , and if not could it be ??
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Was he supposed to take the baby to work?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 23, 19:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have that baby hack, but one of my sims once took the baby to work in the helicopter. Nothing bad happened. (There are pix in the story link below.)

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 23, 20:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This seems to be happening to other people as well. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3089.0

I have that hack and my sims have never done this since installing it, but before I had the hack I did have sims attempt to take the baby where they weren't supposed to (like while preparing a meal or gardening). I think it's just a case of the baby getting stuck to the sim and the game losing track of where the baby is. My guess is that it might happen when certain animations are interrupted. I have that problem with other stuff, like food plates and flame from lighters getting stuck to sims' hands and other annoying glitches like that. Luckily it's all pretty rare.

Fail.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 23, 20:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thankyou , its a shame its proberly a glitch it would be great if they could take the baby to work ,
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 23, 21:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had babies getting stuck to the parents several times now.  Of course, I've had a lot of babies being born in this neighborhood lately since all my sim kids graduated from college and got married.  But another glitch I've noticed that is starting to annoy me is when sims get a book out of the book case and somehow their arm gets stuck straight out with the hand in a curve as if they are still holding the book.  This makes for some very strange animations until somehow it gets reset.  If it bugs me enough, I'll go ahead and force an error on them to reset them.  I also get a lot of sims with their eyebrows stuck when they are dancing and their arms stuck bent at the elbow from playing chess.  It all seems to be cosmetic and doesn't hurt anything, but it is very annoying and messes up my pictures.  Sure it makes for some goofy pics, but then I want to take a picture of my sim teaching her child to talk, and she looks weird clapping one hand against the air.  Tongue
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 23, 21:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i never get any funny glitchs like that , thats why i was so surprized when he took the baby to work , it was werid as soon as he got home he went and fed it so he did at least still know he holding it ,
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 23, 21:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had kids get off the school bus with the step-stool still attached to their foot!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 23, 23:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my first month or two of playing the game, before I discovered this site and the wonderful hacks here, I had a nanny leave after her shift while still holding the baby (Brandi Broke's youngest)!  By the time I realized she still had the baby, she was already crossing the street to her car and there was no way I knew of at the time to stop her and get the baby back.  I had no idea what to do other than to quit without saving, but I took a good look around first (it was night on the lot) and fortunately spotted the baby lying by the mailbox. Don't know now if she appeared there right away or after a period of time, but I had Brandi retrieve her, and the nanny got her butt fired the next day.

That nanny has since become cow plant food, now that I have the baby controller. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 23, 23:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nannies are an invention of Maxis designed to plague us!  I haven't used one since I has nannyspam (at the Lothario house, when Brandi and Don just couldn't get rid of them - there must have been hundreds, as every time I tried deleting one, another one arrived!)

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 23, 23:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I refuse to hire nannies anymore.  I have been using Dizzy2's Sitter mod, which I love.  It's great to be able to call Grandma or another friend or family member to come take care of the kiddies, and they get a relationship boost as well!  I only wish I could schedule the sitter like you can a nanny, but I haven't had to use them all that much with sims who are living with extended family, work different shifts, or have enough vacation saved up that they can stay home.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 23, 23:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And once the eldest kid is a teen, you have no problems at home time either.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 23, 23:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I just got Dizzy's mod.  I finally have enough generations around that I can move sims with family potential back into their old homestead, or have a surviving parent move in with them.  I've also had one of the parents quit working for a while if they're going to have more than one kid, get the family up where there's at least one teen and the rest are kids, and then go back to work (kinda more like real-life, anyway). I only used the nannies in cases where it was a semi-poor single parent who had to work, or where I wanted to kill off the original nannies so the new ones would be pre-lobotomized. Smiley  But from now on I pretty much plan on using sitters when necessary.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 24, 00:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these incidents of bringing the baby to work make me wonder - is a nanny still required when this happens? I mean, say a young couple had a baby, both chose to go to work instead of having one stay home to look after the newborn, so they need a sitter but instead of tracking schedule, they always hire a nanny on a 'just for now' basis. So, what happens when the baby is stuck to one of the parents and taken off the lot for a few hours? Is the baby considered 'offworld' or on the lot? Will the social worker come if neither parent hired a nanny to take care of the baby that is er, not on the lot? Will the nanny even stay at all, or will she say there are 'no children in the house' (can't remember the exact message, been a long time since my sims had a nanny) and leave just as soon as she arrived? Am I making any sense Tongue?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 24, 00:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You pose a few interesting questions, there, Curious - I don't know the answer, but maybe someone whose babies stick to their parents like glue could try it out?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 24, 00:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"babies stick to their parents like glue" Cheesy, I've never seen things like these. Heck, I don't see a lot of things even with free will on. Took me long enough to see a sim 'stuff face' only that one miserable time, I thought it was some sort of rare occurence like Angela Pleasant swinging on the fridge door on the Broke's lot, but apparently, stuffing face is rare only in my game Roll Eyes. Oh well, at least I get to see the 'static shocks' as long as there are kids and rugs in a house since it's not limited to an autonomy thing Tongue.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 24, 00:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the cases I had this happen, there was another parent at home.  I didn't have a nanny tracking the schedule, of course.  But I also have the No Social Worker hack that is included in Dizzy's mod.  I also have JM's mod which will ask if I am sure when a parent is about to leave a child in the house alone.  I can then either call a sitter or let the parent go on to work and leave the child alone.  This isn't realistic, but it's perfectly fine to leave babies and toddlers home by themselves once you don't have to worry about the social worker.  But I only do this if I have a child coming home at 3 pm and one of the parents will be home at 4 pm.  A sim hour isn't long at all.  Or I can have the child call a sitter to come stay with them.  Anyway, since the baby going to work is really a glitch, I don't know if the game would recognize the baby actually being gone.  The baby's icon became yellow when it needed a diaper change, and it became orange when it got hungry.   I have the baby controller, and it gave me the message that says "A baby needs attention from a family member," but I couldn't do anything about it until the parent got home with it.  Once she got home with the baby, she went and changed the baby's diaper and fed it.  Obviously she couldn't do that while they were both stuck off-world, although you'd think she would have been able to!  She should have taken the diaper bag with her! 

I know this doesn't exactly answer your questions, CuriousSpurious.  I really don't know, but I hope I've provided some information that might help.  It's hard to test because you never know when it's going to happen.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 24, 00:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just shows there are times when having one of gnomon's flamingos on your lot is a godsend!  My sim babies never ever need a nappy change!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 24, 00:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a bit too unrealistic for me. Smiley  I haven't seen the electric shock thing on the carpets yet, and I only saw a sim swing on the fridge door yesterday!  And I've had the game since it came out.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 24, 00:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the nannies, maybe I have just been lucky with my game. They are certainly better than the maid!

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 24, 00:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow, play the Burbs!  Lucy is an inveterate fridge-door swinger and jumper on beds!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 24, 00:34:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at the point now where I don't hire any services.  My sims do their own cleaning (thanks to Macrotastics) and they do their own repairs since most of them are maxed on Mechanical since an early age now, and I used to use Macrotastics for gardening, but now they don't have to do that, thanks to TJ's no care plants mod.  The sitter takes the place of the nanny, and I think that's about it.  I don't hire bartenders and I don't use the matchmaker. 

ZZ:  I played the Burbs.  I never saw Lucy swing on the fridge.  I probably kept her too busy studying.  I also have Numenor's (?) patch to keep kids from jumping on the beds.  That drove me nuts!  (I've also heard that they can break beds doing that, although it's rare.)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 24, 00:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...JM's mod which will ask if I am sure when a parent is about to leave a child in the house alone.  I can then either call a sitter or let the parent go on to work and leave the child alone.

That'll be the 'sshack', yes? I do that too, but only with school-age children and if a parent is coming home at 4pm because I don't have any other social worker hacks.

The baby's icon became yellow when it needed a diaper change, and it became orange when it got hungry.

New question on that - if the baby got hungry enough, will the SW show up to take the baby away as soon as the parent gets home? Guess we'll never know the answer unless next time someone get this 'bring baby to work' glitch, s/he drags the hunger bar way down just to see what happens Tongue.

Lucy is an inveterate fridge-door swinger and jumper on beds!

Alexander does that a lot (bed-jumping) in my game too. Those two are made for each other....
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 24, 00:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: ZephyrZodiac on Today at 06:31:27 PM
Lucy is an inveterate fridge-door swinger and jumper on beds!

Alexander does that a lot (bed-jumping) in my game too. Those two are made for each other....

In some people's games, they are!

Rainbow, how on earth do you keep Lucy studying if you don't use a flamingo to keep her fun at least half way?

Oh, and why is the flamingo any more unrealistic than a nocareplants mod?  Or a non-interventionist social worker hack?

Oh, and I've never used the sshack, the only time a child ever got taken by the social worker in my game since Sims1 (when it happened to the Newbies first attempt!)it was Lucy Burb - but since it was my fault, I didn't save!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 24, 00:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucy Burb died in a fire in one of my game plays once, when I was still trying to figure out how things work Cheesy (Tongue). The family had just moved into their new home, silly John not only burned the mac & cheese he was making for dinner but also caused a fire. Since they were too busy freaking out despite my attempts to x out the panic and queue up 'extinguish', the fire spread to a few counters and got Lucy. It was terrible, all that screaming and sobbing after Lucy turned into a pile of ash.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 24, 01:01:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because that's how I like to play my game.  Tongue  I use Macrotastics to keep her fun up.  She kicks flamingoes or gnomes when her fun gets low while she's studying.  Other times I let her paint, play the piano, or play chess.  But I keep my sims busy doing something, even with free will on, I don't let them stray too far unless they are permaplat and maxed on skills.  I don't care to use Gnohmon's flamingoes, although I do have them and I've tried them on occasion.  But you are free to play your game the way you choose, as am I.  I use mods to get rid of stuff that annoys me about the game.  I don't mind having my sims care for their plants, but it annoyed me that they were always complaining about not being able to reach them.  The gardener wasted all his time on the job complaining until I realized what was going on.  And on some lots such as the Smiths in Strangetown, I never could get all the ground level enough and the plants and shrubs rotated the right way for them to be able to water them.  So I said, screw it.  And sometimes I just want my sim parent to go to work without complaining about the child being left home alone because I know the other parent will be home soon or the teenager is coming home or whatever.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: