More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 14:18:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I got 335 new characters in one day! WHY?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I got 335 new characters in one day! WHY?!  (Read 10481 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: I got 335 new characters in one day! WHY?!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 14, 16:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(...) after they are potty trained, they can take care of themselves except when they need someone to get them in and out of the crib.

Try the Ingelogical 'ijCribGetOutAll'... allows any crotchdropling to get out of the crib itself. Still needs to be put to bed, though (but they usually ask for this)
Yeah, I have this, I just neglected to mention it. Smiley
Mokuren Sim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 23, 11:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So... After all I decided to go brutally - I backed up the whole hood and started deleting without an aid of any special tools. First I deleted some 250 sims with the same minute of creation. When I loaded the game, nothing important seemed to be missing, but now I could actually see them! Whooo, that was dreadfull! In front of my unfortunate house there were rows of people! All old and wearing something red... were those really repairmen? They looked more like nanies.

Anyways... I shut down again and now I deleted some 70 more, created in a minute before those 250 were. I left only one - it was larger file than the others so I didn't touch it. Back in the game, there were only 4 extra NPC now. One delivery boy and three of those old red guys. I left the house, moved family out, destroyed the lot, placed the new one and moved in. I checked just briefly... only built the new house and played for a while: seems to be working allright.

So I guess this is a way too. Risky, perhaps, but I have still my backup and I was positive no one interacted with that herd. Thanks for hints anyway...

BTW, do you happen to know: if those delivery persons keep appearing every day in front of my door and then they wonder off to reapear the other day again... are they generated like new characters, or do they just "take turns?"
HeidiGrrrl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 01, 11:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ouch! That's right! I already had the problem there with stuck delivery person, who kept reappearing and I could never get the delivery. And now I hired a repairman! Oh yes, he was to come "first thing in the morning" but somehow... I think it wasn't THAT early and he should have been there by now. So it must be it.

Geeez... so if I get it right, now I have some 335 repairmen somewhere in void? So what exactly should I do?

I had a lot that spontaneously generated hundreds of repairmen.  They were standing all over the damn place, and the lot came to a near stop.  I was finally able to get it to pause, then I had to delete them all, one by one.  No idea what caused it, and I haven't had the problem since.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: