More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:17:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  still some surprises...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: still some surprises...  (Read 37103 times)
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: still some surprises...
« Reply #50 on: 2006 February 13, 16:07:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a knowledge sim with the lifetime want of 'Graduate 3 Children from College', rather than max skills or reach the top of a career. He rolled it after reaching mad scientist, which was his first lifetime want. I expected something more like reaching the top of the medical career, but seeing that knowledge Sims can want more children makes that lifetime want seem a little more sensible.

I mean, he is married to a family sim anyway, and their first two children have already graduated college, so it's not that hard to do. It was just a little unexpected.

I'm definitely liking that more than just Family Sims are rolling up the want more often, or at least it seems that way. I have a knowledge Sim who, because she had her first baby as a teen with InTeen, rolled up the want to have that baby when she hit her second day. The same Sim, now an adult, just hit her second day with her second pregnancy and she suddenly rolled the Want to have that one, too. I'm sure it has to do with personality also, but I like it. Otherwise only Family Sims would ever have kids in my game...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 February 13, 16:16:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't take their wishes into consideration there - All my romance sims end up having kids whether they want to or not!  But I do usually try to grant a Family sim's want if I can.  Unfortunately for one of my poor sims, she and her husband have now tried at least 6 times and no luck at all!  Is the pregnancy modifier also responsible for sterility? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 February 13, 16:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a knowledge sim with the lifetime want of 'Graduate 3 Children from College', rather than max skills or reach the top of a career.

I have a knowledge sim with the same LTW, but in her case she had it straight out of CAS. She'll be getting it because my dice rolls also determined that she would have 3 children out of CAS as well.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 February 13, 16:30:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Often they only need two kids to graduate to fulfil the LTW.

It actually makes a lot of sense for a Knowledge sim to have that want and it definitly relates to the Private School want - after all, he/she would want the best education for their kids!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 February 13, 17:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't take their wishes into consideration there - All my romance sims end up having kids whether they want to or not!  But I do usually try to grant a Family sim's want if I can.  Unfortunately for one of my poor sims, she and her husband have now tried at least 6 times and no luck at all!  Is the pregnancy modifier also responsible for sterility? Grin

ZZ, over on Jase's site he's written about fertility issues of Maxian made sims.  It might be worth a peek if yours isn't CAS made.  His fix is to select the infertile sim and spawn their inteem clock, which you can only do if you use inteem.

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 February 13, 20:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm afraid poor Ruby is one of mine own poor creations!  and I don't know if it's her fault or his!  But I've been using pregnancy for all, so I might take that out and see if she gets pregnant then!

Incidentally, the very first pregnancy I had after installing that hack was a pair of almost identical twins!  Even though one is Sagi and the other Leo (an astrological impossiblity for twins!!!!) their personalities are very similar, each has 10 outgoing and fun, 1 neatness and niceness, so the only difference is that the Leo child has 4 for activity, while the Sagi has 10!  (But you honestly can't tell that one is more active than the other!)  And they have both got the same custom hairstyle, plus their faces are so alike it's impossible to tell them apart in their jammies.

And I just noticed the wierdest thing!  Belle woke up, and I checked to see how her relationship with anna was doing - and a quarter of the icon was RED!  Then, as soon as anna woke up and was available to play, the red section disappeared!  So it seems, Belle was furious with her sister for being ASLEEP!
« Last Edit: 2006 February 13, 21:37:29 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 February 13, 21:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a sim, Darren Dreamer, snacked directly from the fridge once. He wanted have a swim, so I directed him to take a dip in the pool. He was also quite hungry at the time, and once his swimming want was fulfilled, the pool icon was replaced by a fridge one. I thought the dumbass was going to make a meal himself although food was already being served, but being curious, I moused over the fridge icon to see what he wanted to eat. To my surprise, it said 'stuff face', so I watched as he walked to the fridge, took a few nibbles of vegetables here and there and gulped down some milk from the carton. Smartest thing I've ever seen a sim do Cheesy.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 February 13, 22:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims only seem to want to "stuff face" while they're cooking a meal, which then burns.  Stupid sims!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 February 13, 22:48:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's only happened that one time in my game, I wouldn't mind watching them burn their food (so long as they don't set it on fire, I make them eat it anyway) for as long as the novelty of seeing them eat directly from the fridge lasts Tongue.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 February 13, 22:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I *hate* stuff face. It drains the fridge for almost no hunger points!

Hence dizzy2's no stuff face: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=92342
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 February 14, 00:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on my latest twins - they have identical DNA!  could it be that JT's mod actually makes clones?  If so, then it's wierd that the kids look more like the non-birth parent!

I checked both parents for pregnancy modifiers too, neither has one. 

Zephyr Zodiac
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2006 February 14, 02:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using TJ's Triplets and Quads hack, then maybe it's the same thing I've noticed. Usually, when I get twins using that, one looks a lot like the 'mother' and the other looks a lot like the 'father'. Even if one of the parents has recessive eye/hair colour, and both are CAS.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 February 14, 03:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it when a parent arrives on the lot and you tell your sim to greet them and they run hell for leather out to greet them, parent opens arms wide and they leap into their arms!  Hermia Capp, (nee Monty) does it whenever either of the Monty elders turns up for an unexpected visit!

I love this...so cute. I like it more that it just happens sparadically instead of with every parent/child.

BTW the ruin painting thing...I have only seen children/teens do it when they are in the red in the aspiration meter.

I've seen more strange wants since installing NL, though.  It used to be no sim in my game other than family ever rolled a want to have a child after having one.  I've now got knowledge sims rolling wants to have second children.

I've noticed this too, but it's very rare.  One of my popularity sims actually rolled up the want twice to have a baby each time she was pregnant.  Never had that happen before.  And I actually had a family sim that feared having a baby w/o wanting one at the same time for almost the entire length of his adult age span.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 February 14, 03:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Strangetown I have a popularity sim with the urge to have a baby - his daughter is a teen.  (I'm thinking of buying him the expensive telescope........)

LOL.... Grin....tgdrysix

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 February 14, 04:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get surprised much anymore but for some reason I had never seen Sims jumping in the flowers until they destroyed them.  Daniel and Mary Sue simply won't let Dustin come over to see Angela anymore after that one.  The trash can kicking was bad enough but that went over the line!
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 February 14, 05:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've seen the stamp on flowers.  It was the brother of the one who ruined the painting.  A truly dysfunctional family! Smiley  I also like the facial expressions used by the children in anticipation of doing the act of destruction.  It's a combination of rage and mischief.  One up to the Maxoids on this - it's a really good feature.  If you only play happy Sims without freewill, then you miss out on quite a few 'Easter Eggs'.

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 February 14, 09:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're using TJ's Triplets and Quads hack, then maybe it's the same thing I've noticed. Usually, when I get twins using that, one looks a lot like the 'mother' and the other looks a lot like the 'father'. Even if one of the parents has recessive eye/hair colour, and both are CAS.

No, I'm only using the Pregnancy for All hack!  And as far as I can tell, they are both clones of Kane, who is not the birth parent.  Not only do they look like him, but they are similar in personality.  One only varies by one point on active, he's 3, she's 4, the other (a sagi instead of a leo) has 10 active, but otherwise is the same.  They are all three neat - 1, outgoing - 10, playful - 10 and nice - 1.

Aron, the birth parent, totally different in looks and personality, a fairly neat Gemini with the elf face, a darker skintone and genetic custom hair.  I've since realised that the hair the twins have is not, as I thought originally, custom, (thought it must be as I forgot, Kane's hair is the Maxis custom hair which you can only apply once the sim is in the game and he therefore has genetic blond hair) but blonde.

Zephyr Zodiac
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: 2006 February 14, 10:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm only using the Pregnancy for All hack!
Hmm, well maybe that's it, as I'm also using that one. I think it's a nice feature, really.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 February 14, 15:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might just add, I've since checked the DNA for both parents - although obviously thre are similarities between the twins and their parents, they don't seem to have just the DNA from one parent, so I don't think they can be clones.

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 February 14, 16:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it when a parent arrives on the lot and you tell your sim to greet them and they run hell for leather out to greet them, parent opens arms wide and they leap into their arms!  Hermia Capp, (nee Monty) does it whenever either of the Monty elders turns up for an unexpected visit!

I love this...so cute. I like it more that it just happens sparadically instead of with every parent/child.

I saw this for the first time yesterday, which makes me think maybe now I knew what to look for because it couldn't have actually been the first time! I was having the adult daughter greet her elder mother when she walked by, to keep her from kicking over the trashcan because she's furious at her ex-husband, and she did that open-arms 'c'mere, c'mere, gimme a hug!' thing, and the daughter raaaan downstairs to hug her. Very cute.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2006 February 14, 17:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it rather creepy in a way, because it's clear that if they weren't related they'd probably have 3 lightning bolts and I think somewhere deep down they know that.  A bit yucky.

Lordy, I effed up a couple of my Uni kids recently by accidentally moving the dorm they were in to the lot bin WHILE they were still in it, so they lost all of their relationships and such.  I had one of their mothers teleported to the lot so I could cheat and make them family again, but before that happened they had 3 lightning bolts for each other and were totally flirting all over the place.  It was nuts.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 February 14, 19:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope you've checked in simPE for duplicate character files!  Moving occupied lots is BIG trouble!  and the sims you have now are, from my experience anyway, clones of the originals.

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 February 16, 19:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?showtopic=4626

You can find a pic of my twins Belle and Anna Torres here.

Zephyr Zodiac
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 February 16, 20:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also recently found out that the rugs that came with NL allow sims to give others' static electric shocks.  Funny!  But I guess can't be done with the hacked rugs from prior to NL.
How do you do this, just free will only? Or can only children do it. I've been playing Cassandra's house lately and made her walk back and forth on a rug, hoping she could shock her husband. When I made them just stand there, she just wanted to pillowfight (actually her obsession with pillowfighting is one of the reasons I love her).
I got a message tonight that I've never seen before.  Sim Jen Warren was invited downtown and had quite a successful outing (Super).  Straight after Sim Trepie told her what a good time they'd all had (while he was in the middle of attacking Cassandra, no less - I found this hilarious as his head popped-up from the fight at the same time he said it) she got a message saying something like "One can assume that wit can be acquired by hanging out with intellectuals.  Jen picked up a point of Logic skill".
Yeah, I've gotten neat points from dates twice. First time I thought it was because I cheated the motives up (toddler unpaused game, everything was bottomed out) and the hygene bar was full, second time though the sims were half through their hygene motive and neither one was super neat, just a little. It could be the occasional random skillpoint as a reward for a dream date.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 February 16, 23:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get kids to shock teens and adults by having them stand on the rug; when they click on another sim, there's now an option for 'static shock' under the 'Prank' menu.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: