More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:37:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  still some surprises...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: still some surprises...  (Read 37010 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Re: still some surprises...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 February 11, 00:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only really started playing Veronaville recently.  While Capp Manor and Monty Ranch are managable.  That Summerdream house is just...  grah!  They can barely make it to their carpools with about 2 seconds to spare.

That hood has some of the worst looking pre-made sims in it too.  The Montys all look decent for the most part, and all of the younger generations of the Capps look pretty good.  But the older Capps all look pretty strange.  I had Kent Capp and Bianca Monty get married and have a baby.  That poor little girl is going to need a plastic surgary machine in the near future.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 February 11, 01:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They got married in my game too - after I'd been through simPE and unchecked loads of family ticks for them and others that shouldn't ever have been there!  The summerdreams appeared to be related to nearly every sim they'd ever met!

But I don't think their daughter is ugly in my game - not so I noticed anyway - but I'd had a stuck twin scenario first time around and had to exit without saving and then go through it all again, and this time Bianca had just the one baby girl.  So maybe because things went wrong the first time I got a different set of genetics second time around!

The Montys aren't as bad as the Capps in appearance, I'd agree with that - but poor Romeo in my game grew up with the most enormous hooked nose that appeared to start above his eyebrows and a mouth with a lower lip that looked like he'd been stung by a swarm of bees!  so he got plastic surgery as soon as he moved into his house at uni!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 February 11, 01:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a message tonight that I've never seen before.  Sim Jen Warren was invited downtown and had quite a successful outing (Super).  Straight after Sim Trepie told her what a good time they'd all had (while he was in the middle of attacking Cassandra, no less - I found this hilarious as his head popped-up from the fight at the same time he said it) she got a message saying something like "One can assume that wit can be acquired by hanging out with intellectuals.  Jen picked up a point of Logic skill".  This might be because she can't get any help in her career, she's already reached the top of Slacker. 

Oh, and Trepie isn't in the habit of starting fights, incidentally.  Cassandra had done nothing but poke and slap him from the minute she arrived on the lot (no idea why). so I can only assume he'd had enough. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 February 11, 01:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow.  I can't say my SimTrepie has ever been at odds with Cassandra.  He is however the bitterest of enemies with her father Mortimer.  One too many shovings from looking through the telescope.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 February 11, 01:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra in my game was forever at community lots downtown - not so much picking fights as eyeing up the talent!  If any sim has the morals of an alleycat, it's Cassandra!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2006 February 11, 01:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, she probably tried it on with Trepie or something.  WRONG MOVE, considering who he's romantically entangled with (Lilith Pleasant for those who don't know).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 February 11, 01:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Cassandra tried it on with anything remotely male between YA and elder, plain or ugly!  Poor girl is so desperate to have a baby!  (I've plenty of family sims who never get that want until they're married, and then infrequently!)

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 February 11, 07:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignorant Bliss - how do I get my sims to do it?  Should I make them nastier?

Supposedly there is a random chance the option pops up when the sim is in a bad mood. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with personality.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 February 11, 08:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After your sims ruin a painting, do you keep the painting? I heard that it makes the painting dissapear (no, I'm not talking about "scrap painting"). I know it's supposed to increase the value, guide told me that, but a few people said the action "ruin painting" coming up in the que made it vanish.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2006 February 11, 09:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Cassandra tried it on with anything remotely male between YA and elder, plain or ugly!  Poor girl is so desperate to have a baby!  (I've plenty of family sims who never get that want until they're married, and then infrequently!)

I had a family YA still in college-she just graduated, and the first 2 wants she got were get married and have a baby! I thought 'Whoa, slow down...' Cheesy

agcons
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 February 11, 09:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra behaved with reasonable propriety in my game until just recently.  She and Darren are now elders, and their son Michael asked his boyfriend to move in.  Well, now in addition to Michael farting hearts for his squeeze and Darren farting hearts for Cassandra, I have her farting hearts for the boyfriend, and the boyfriend is farting hearts not only for Michael but for Darren.  Michael, apparently, is oblivious to all this chemistry brewing like some noxious industrial soup. 

In addition, while she was always careful to get herself to the toilet in plenty of time before, now she hangs about and whines about having to pee until it's far too late, and pisses herself where she stands.  This has happened three times now, and she's been an elder for only three days.  Even though I always locate bathrooms conveniently, I may just have to remodel their home to include some toilet rooms -- one off each main room, by the look of things -- until some modder invents SimDepends.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 February 11, 11:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the kids do the electro-static charge on their parents...it's quite funny to see the evil little girns on their faces when they approach with their finger sticking out at the ready and zap the unsuspecting sim  Cheesy

I've never encountered what you had happen Allen, or your yoga surprise Vecki....it seems this game has a lot of little surprises and perhaps more that are yet to be discovered!!  Grin
I got so excited about this one I lined it up and copped an error message about doing it three times.  (You need to click on the child).  I had "play with fridge door"," rummage through garbage can", in which they found something that had been thrown out, "play", in the shower/bath, and in Uni ages ago I had "leave world", when they were going to class.  Yeh, of course I clicked on it:  good thing I saved coz they were no more..

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2006 February 12, 15:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra behaved with reasonable propriety in my game until just recently.  She and Darren are now elders, and their son Michael asked his boyfriend to move in.  Well, now in addition to Michael farting hearts for his squeeze and Darren farting hearts for Cassandra, I have her farting hearts for the boyfriend, and the boyfriend is farting hearts not only for Michael but for Darren.  Michael, apparently, is oblivious to all this chemistry brewing like some noxious industrial soup.

Apparently, this has been mentioned before in various other threads. The heart farting, as you so eloquently put it Wink doesn't necessarily mean that the sim doing the farting has the hots for the sim they are farting the hearts all over. It is most likely a side effect of sims sharing their "memories" of fartings hearts all over their lovers. One sim will "tell" another sim just how much they've farted hearts over their lover. The other sim now has this "memory" and whenever they think of it, they get the same heart farting in their thought bubbles. This is probably the case, especially if you don't necessarily see any lightning bolts in the relationship panel between the two sims in question. Roll Eyes

In addition, while she was always careful to get herself to the toilet in plenty of time before, now she hangs about and whines about having to pee until it's far too late, and pisses herself where she stands.  This has happened three times now, and she's been an elder for only three days.  Even though I always locate bathrooms conveniently, I may just have to remodel their home to include some toilet rooms -- one off each main room, by the look of things -- until some modder invents SimDepends.

This is sort of expected since this is the way elders have been programmed "by design" Elders apparently have to pee every hour on the hour or something. Roll Eyes Some things that might help remedy this are combos of the sleepclock and the bathroomusesyou, and probably Inge's "elders sleep through the night" hack.

... in Uni ages ago I had "leave world", when they were going to class.  Yeh, of course I clicked on it:  good thing I saved coz they were no more..

Well... what did you expect would happen? The sim did exactly what you told them to do. Tongue That reminds me of this episode of Arrested Development, when Michael looks into a bag that he found in the fridge, which is labeled "Dead Pigeon. Don't Eat!" so he takes a look inside, and then he says something to the effect, "Well, I don't know what I expected." As if he should have expected something else when the bag was clearly labeled. ROFL Grin

Now that is pure genius! And I'm sad to say that the 3rd season is over. I'm still holding out and hoping that it will get picked up by another network. *crosses fingers... and toes... and elbows* Tongue

Ste

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 February 12, 15:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get gnomon's flamingoes from Simlogical and put the flamingo of contentment on any lot with elders living there.  Doesn't entirely stop the need to pee fairly frequently, but makes it less annoying as if you don't queue them to go, there bladder will become only half-full again.  I've never had an elder pee on the floor since I started putting them on my lots, which is probably why it was the only reported nanny problem I DIDN'T get!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 February 12, 18:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night for the first time I saw a fear to clean, which I've never seen before.  This was from a Family Sim, so I was very surprised.  However, the Sim is a Sloppy Saggitarius, so perhaps that's why it rolled up.

happy now :-)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 February 12, 22:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't surprise me!  I've just had the first romance sim EVER have a fear to Change diaper - and he's a sloppy Leo!  (Never mind with gnomon's flamingo on the lot, the babies never once needed a nappy-change!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 February 12, 22:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it rather creepy in a way, because it's clear that if they weren't related they'd probably have 3 lightning bolts and I think somewhere deep down they know that.

I had siblings, Yesenia and Yowie, who I couldn't keep apart and the same thought occurred to me.  They lived next door to each other at Uni and one was always visiting the other.  Yowie would show up at Yesenia's house, bypass his girlfriend, and start with the friendly hugging, family kissing and dirty joke telling.  That was my first encounter with this game feature and I was freaked out.

It all came to a head when Yesenia was dreaming and she had a Yowie thought bubble consumed with attraction hearts.  I paused and almost started crying.  When I unpaused, Yowie's face immediately faded to Yesenia's husband, Stee.  I guess it was just unfortunate sequencing but I went about cooling their friendship down post haste.  They still get wants to call and invite each other over all the time, but they never visit autonomously.

I've noticed this with a few Sims as well, makes it pretty clear that the chemistry is calculated for everyone and just suppressed for relatives. One of my Sims was as platonically all over one of his stepdaughters as he could be as soon as she turned into a teen; he and her Romance Sim mother just divorced right after he turned elder, and bam! No longer related, they had two bolts to start with Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 February 12, 22:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not nice!  Step-siblings I can understand, after all, they don't choose to be someone's step-child and therefore a stepsibling to that person's children, but when you take on the responsibility of being a step-parent, it should be a lifetime commitment!

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 February 12, 23:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's not nice!  Step-siblings I can understand, after all, they don't choose to be someone's step-child and therefore a stepsibling to that person's children, but when you take on the responsibility of being a step-parent, it should be a lifetime commitment!

Heh, yeah, you'd think so. Well, considering the Sims can't even recognize their own great-grandchildren, it's probably too much to hope that an ex-stepdaughter would still be considered related.

I have a Sim just born into a family with some "immortals", so the relations are seriously screwed up without actually being genetic incest - her nieces are also her aunts. (First-gen CAS Sim who had three bolts with her son's girlfriend's son, and they ended up having a daughter.) The mother being semi-immortal, she already has great-grandchildren. The father of her current lover is also the father of one of her sons. I didn't realize why the son's girlfriend wanted to teach skills to the toddler until I realized she was the toddler's grandma... anyway, yeah. Stuff that wouldn't happen in real life, but it amuses me anyway...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 February 12, 23:26:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely play a hood that long!  Too easily bored, I guess!  But I tend to edit relationships like step-parents, brothers and sister-in-law in SimPE.  I really can't face the idea of Dustin and Beau being furious with Keanu because he's tried it on with one of their wives!  Doesn't seem to stop Keanu getting the wants, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 February 12, 23:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely play a hood that long!  Too easily bored, I guess!  But I tend to edit relationships like step-parents, brothers and sister-in-law in SimPE.  I really can't face the idea of Dustin and Beau being furious with Keanu because he's tried it on with one of their wives!  Doesn't seem to stop Keanu getting the wants, though!

Heh, yeah, I'm currently getting annoyed by some of the wants. One of my favorite Sims (Fortune) got his first kiss in college and promptly rolled up the want to get engaged to her, which I allowed. After the marriage, he rolled up a want to have a baby. After that going on, I've been waiting for wants on some of the others in established relationships, but even the Family Sims are neglecting to roll up the customary wants to get married and have a baby... it's really strange. Usually you can get them to want to get engaged or married on a date, too, but that hasn't been happening either. Agh, Sims.

I couldn't keep restarting neighborhoods... I hate having to start from scratch. I've kept this one going since the game first came out. Great-grandchildren of my first CAS adults are as far as it's gotten, though. None of my CAS children have died yet, though they're all elders now, as are the first of my born-in-game. Still, there's plenty I haven't seen, especially since I don't let them get in bad moods/red aspiration too much. Might have to do that more often to see what happens.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 February 12, 23:49:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed it a lot with family sims who've graduated - they sometimes don't seem to get the normal family wants.  Maybe they realise there's more to life than popping sprogs?

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2006 February 13, 07:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr, I'm thinking that post-Uni sims are just entirely too seasoned.  I had a family sim graduate from college and marry and here I was thinking she'd immediately roll the want to have a baby, but nooooo!  She wanted to buy electronic entertainment or some such!  Soon after she and her George got their pinball machine, she rolled the want to have a baby.  Poor uneducated sims just don't know what they're missing.  Tongue

I've seen more strange wants since installing NL, though.  It used to be no sim in my game other than family ever rolled a want to have a child after having one.  I've now got knowledge sims rolling wants to have second children.

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: 2006 February 13, 08:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a knowledge sim with the lifetime want of 'Graduate 3 Children from College', rather than max skills or reach the top of a career. He rolled it after reaching mad scientist, which was his first lifetime want. I expected something more like reaching the top of the medical career, but seeing that knowledge Sims can want more children makes that lifetime want seem a little more sensible.

I mean, he is married to a family sim anyway, and their first two children have already graduated college, so it's not that hard to do. It was just a little unexpected.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 February 13, 12:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Strangetown I have a popularity sim with the urge to have a baby - his daughter is a teen.  (I'm thinking of buying him the expensive telescope........)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: