More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 19:09:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.  (Read 113343 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: For those BBS-phobics....there's a new patch out.
« Reply #250 on: 2006 February 16, 00:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get the jump bug due to a problem with invisible attraction markers.  This has nothing to do with the patch, it just happens.  If your sim jumps and can't use the loo. bath or shower, then that's the cause.  You need to use SimPE to find the memory in Neighbourhood memory for that sim, delete it and also the corresponding memory of the sim they were attracted to (check for the LBs in game to find out which sim it might be).

Haven't a clue about the Bodyshop problem, though.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2006 February 16, 01:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis SUCKS, way to go to make me want to buy OFB fast, ugh what a bunch of useless people.
You're not supposed to want to buy it fast. You're supposed to want to buy it in 6-8 weeks when it's slightly cheaper and I have the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006 February 16, 01:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get the jump bug due to a problem with invisible attraction markers.  This has nothing to do with the patch, it just happens.  If your sim jumps and can't use the loo. bath or shower, then that's the cause.  You need to use SimPE to find the memory in Neighbourhood memory for that sim, delete it and also the corresponding memory of the sim they were attracted to (check for the LBs in game to find out which sim it might be).

Haven't a clue about the Bodyshop problem, though.

i have been getting the jump bug with the DMA teleporter, reported in an earlier post

no idea either about the Bodyshop problem though as mine seems fine....so far
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006 February 16, 03:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like Torkle is making enough headway on his project to allow Pescado to buy the game.  YAY!!! Grin

cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2006 February 16, 10:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats what i got from his post too! Now i just have to wait till i can afford the game to buy it.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: 2006 February 16, 14:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the terrain paint fix may have caused another problem, or something in the patch has. I've heard of folks without the patch having problems with lots built on a system with the patch. I'm guessing whatever changes were needed to fix the terrain paint packaging problem affected the packaging process enough that it's not compatible with down-level sytems. Makes sense, I guess, but it still sucks *sigh*

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: 2006 February 16, 14:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I forgot to say, the inventory system works now! You can put stuff next to walls and everything! I even put a car and the plants and stuff in there to check it all out-and it is fine Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2006 February 16, 14:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the terrain paint fix may have caused another problem, or something in the patch has. I've heard of folks without the patch having problems with lots built on a system with the patch. I'm guessing whatever changes were needed to fix the terrain paint packaging problem affected the packaging process enough that it's not compatible with down-level sytems. Makes sense, I guess, but it still sucks *sigh*

So we still need to watch out when we download houses!  and if we make our own on a post-patch system, we should remember to include that information!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: 2006 February 16, 14:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we still need to watch out when we download houses!  and if we make our own on a post-patch system, we should remember to include that information!

Yes, that is good to know-thanks jen Smiley

Aldebaran
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2006 February 16, 17:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this was addressed before, but it seems the Ask... option no longer causes crushes. I had it happen with the first patch, but now it seems it's gone. Can someone confirm this or I just missed something and this was fixed before?
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2006 February 16, 18:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure that was fixed in the first NL patch.
podgeybean
Asinine Airhead

Excuse me, have you seen my sanity?

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2006 February 18, 21:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, new patch! I only found out about this like, 3 days ago.......

This patch apparently fixes the stuck-playing-poker-forever bug. Well, it did'nt work for me.  Sad 
Stupid sims just sit at the tables and twitch forever, until I notice them, and by then, theyre usually starving, or bursting for the loo....... They do usually get to play poker for a while though, then the eternal twitching sets in.

Birdie Birdie, in the sky.
Why'd you do that in my eye?
Tastes like sugar looks like sap,
OMG its Birdie Crap!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2006 February 18, 23:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if one of the sims serves a meal and Calls Family or Calls Everyone, that should stop them playing - even if they end up having "accidents"!

Zephyr Zodiac
podgeybean
Asinine Airhead

Excuse me, have you seen my sanity?

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2006 February 19, 11:39:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if one of the sims serves a meal and Calls Family or Calls Everyone, that should stop them playing - even if they end up having "accidents"!

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time it happens!  Wink

Birdie Birdie, in the sky.
Why'd you do that in my eye?
Tastes like sugar looks like sap,
OMG its Birdie Crap!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2006 February 19, 13:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know they did something regarding the diplomas in the patch, but IT HASN'T WORKED.  Well, it may well have done what it was supposed to do, but it's done something else, at least in my game.  All my Sims are graduating with no diploma whatsoever.  They just ain't getting one.  Luckily I have various methods of obtaining them, but that's hardly the point!  They fix one thing, break another ... it's getting rather annoying now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: 2006 February 20, 10:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can tell each EP basically stands alone, mostly: if you install University or Nightlife the base executable is not updated, but it is overridden with the new EP executable. All datafiles (such as objects.package) are then loaded EP first, with a fallback to the original in the case of no updates.
You could probably patch first the base game, then install EP1 and patch that, and then install EP2 and patch that to make sure you have *all* fixes (although from the looks of it the EP2 patcher does patch some EP1 and base content so it's not really necessary), but as the content is not actually shared downwards EP2 updates won't really make it into EP1 or base.
thanks a lot for that - I think I even understand it! and it even makes sort of sense.  Basically you have to buy every EP as it comes out to get your game to work "as intended"!  better for sales of course..  If you skip an EP,  you have to live without the later fixes for what you do have until you buy a new EP.   

If the latest fix does actually patch some EP1 and base content, I immediately wonder if Maxis could update the base and EP1 patches with at least those fixes...   Now all I have to do is find a way to ask Maxis to do it!.....
thanks again Jordi..

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2006 February 20, 18:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my Sims are graduating with no diploma whatsoever.  They just ain't getting one

Same in my game, AncientSim.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2006 February 20, 18:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am so sick of Maxis spoon-feeding us fixes we need, but when we install them, the game goes KABOOM.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2006 February 20, 18:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe a word in JM, CB or TJ's ear.........

Zephyr Zodiac
anelca
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2006 February 20, 20:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know they did something regarding the diplomas in the patch, but IT HASN'T WORKED.  Well, it may well have done what it was supposed to do, but it's done something else, at least in my game.  All my Sims are graduating with no diploma whatsoever.  They just ain't getting one.  Luckily I have various methods of obtaining them, but that's hardly the point!  They fix one thing, break another ... it's getting rather annoying now.

i've had similar problems even before this patch
i've not bothered playing uni at all since i did a clean install a while back, and i'm not about to test the patchs' efficacy. i just get a counterfeit diploma if i want my sims to have one and save all the tedium of going through college
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2006 February 20, 22:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what's the general consensus on this patch?

Install it and hope for the best?  Install it and get more fixes from JM, TJ, CB?  Just STEP AWAY FROM THE PATCH AND NOBODY GETS HURT?

<insert witty comment here>
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2006 February 20, 22:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say install it and hope for the best.

Pescado is playing with the patch so far as I know, and any hacks he updates/makes from now on include this patch.  I played without the first NL patch for a long time and he told me I shouldn't be without it.  I don't know about TJ or Crammyboy.
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2006 February 20, 22:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch is safe. Seeing how unstable the game is, I would still say the game is at Terror alert orange, which is elevated. As long as you have Pescado's Weapons of mass destruction (hacks), you should be safe.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2006 February 20, 23:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't put it in yet......

Zephyr Zodiac
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2006 February 20, 23:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If other patches failed to explode your game, this one's no different.  However, it's already been said the InTeenimater doesn't work with the new patch apparently, and I'm not sure if it's fixed yet.  If you have a MATY hack, it should be fine though since Pescado's already retired the hacks the game fixes and no doubt TJ and Crammyboy have seen the list.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: