More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:33:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?  (Read 80819 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« Reply #75 on: 2005 August 09, 16:58:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm astrologically a Leo. But my character is nothing like one (except perhaps the arrogance). The classical description of Capricorn fits me better.
I don't really follow astrology much in general, but apparently, according to what I've read, there are now 13 signs, and you may want to check if your date has been reclassified as a result of a few thousand years of stellar movement.

As Scorpios only show their true selves to those they really care about (and, most importantly, totally trust), it is anybody's guess as to who the true JM Pescado really is (or even what he is, as there has been talk of him being an alien).
Yeah, but if I was an alien, I'd have a completely different astrological chart. Like, say, Vega.

Personally, I don't think that Scorpios ever truly reveal themselves to anyone.  They are guarded by nature and ultimately trust no-one but themselves.  True?
Not true. I have several good friends that I trust absolutely. It helps a lot that they're dead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 August 09, 17:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

13 signs? Where did you find that information?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 August 09, 17:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.geocities.com/astrologyconstellations/ophiuchus.htm

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 August 09, 17:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hm, im still a leo by that account then Cheesy

*starts fiddling with her red hair* And i really got to go now, I have a mirror that is missing me   /sarcasm off

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 August 09, 17:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be a Cancer according to that. Which would indeed fit better than Leo.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 August 09, 17:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd fit into the 13th sign Ophiuchus.  I've no idea what that would make me. 

happy now :-)
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 August 09, 18:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be a Cancer according to that. Which would indeed fit better than Leo.

Same here, I'd be a Cancer too. I've always thought I didn't fit well into the description of a "typical" Leo.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 August 09, 18:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

according to the horoscope my mother had made for me a long time ago, I am a double Leo, with leo being both my starsign, and my ascendant sign. Im not however, the flashy type of leo, I am generally shy, silent, and dont have a large social circle.. Guess im one of those sick kittens that should have been removed by mother nature. Tongue

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 August 09, 22:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm an Aquarius, and the only thing that this tells me is that I was born in the winter :D

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 August 10, 01:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the astrology thing is very complex and twisted. Just out of boredom, I consulted all of them, and as it turns out, I manage to just barely squeeze by as being a Scorpio on the traditional and "real" charts. Of course, that doesn't mean terribly much, other than that for some reason, people seem to suddenly gain an understanding of me when I tell them this.

Which unfortunately happens to to pin my birthday down rather exactly.

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 August 10, 02:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. It seems, according to this chart, I am no longer a Sagitarius but an  Ophiuchus. I never gave much credence to horoscopes, but was always quite fond of the Sag description. I never believed in the mythos, but found the character portrayal apt nonetheless. Now I am a new sign? I find it disappointing, slightly, but see no reason why this info should change my life in any way. Oh, well. C'est la vie.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 August 10, 02:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, hold on a minute! Here I was, basking in the self-satisfied glow of being a Sagi, and laughing at the Scorpios, and then I click the bloody link and find out I am now ONE OF THEM!!!  Shocked

Hmm. Kinda makes sense, actually....
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 August 10, 02:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. It seems, according to this chart, I am no longer a Sagitarius but an  Ophiuchus. I never gave much credence to horoscopes, but was always quite fond of the Sag description. I never believed in the mythos, but found the character portrayal apt nonetheless.
Well, they are sufficiently vague as to encompass a broad variety of people. I myself happen to fit the description for several signs in most cases, and probably so do you.

Now I am a new sign? I find it disappointing, slightly, but see no reason why this info should change my life in any way. Oh, well. C'est la vie.
Well, here's a link for attributes associated with Ophiuchus. You decide how applicable it is to you.
http://aquarianmysteries.com/ophiuchus2.html

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 August 10, 02:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, hold on a minute! Here I was, basking in the self-satisfied glow of being a Sagi, and laughing at the Scorpios, and then I click the bloody link and find out I am now ONE OF THEM!!!  Shocked
Well, look at it this way: Previously I narrowly dodged being a Sagi, and now I've narrowly dodged being a Libra. Clearly I have a knack for avoiding things. Like death, which is the fate that has befallen every single one of my known family members.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 August 10, 02:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went to the link to read about my new Sun Sign - which I'm still learning to spell and say.  As it only lists positive attributes I must say that it describes me perfectly! 

In truth, they are all generalisations that are just fun to read.  Chinese horoscopes personality profiles seem to be even more accurate at typically describing my friends and family.  No one's surprised by my sign anyway!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 August 10, 02:59:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In truth, they are all generalisations that are just fun to read.  Chinese horoscopes personality profiles seem to be even more accurate at typically describing my friends and family.  No one's surprised by my sign anyway!
I personally prefer the Horrorscopes, the prediction of dire unpleasantness that will befall you in the near future. Tongue

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 August 10, 05:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. It seems, according to this chart, I am no longer a Sagitarius but an  Ophiuchus. I never gave much credence to horoscopes, but was always quite fond of the Sag description. I never believed in the mythos, but found the character portrayal apt nonetheless.
Well, they are sufficiently vague as to encompass a broad variety of people. I myself happen to fit the description for several signs in most cases, and probably so do you.

Now I am a new sign? I find it disappointing, slightly, but see no reason why this info should change my life in any way. Oh, well. C'est la vie.
Well, here's a link for attributes associated with Ophiuchus. You decide how applicable it is to you.
http://aquarianmysteries.com/ophiuchus2.html

Badly actually. But, I can interpret events of my life to make it fit. Then, that works for all 13. I think I'll just live in denial. I'm only off by 5 days. I'll pretend I never heard of this new thing and continue to claim Sagitarius. Foolish attitude perhaps, but hey, they're only horoscopes.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 August 10, 05:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally prefer the Horrorscopes, the prediction of dire unpleasantness that will befall you in the near future. Tongue

I would indeed love such a thing, why is it that horoscopes tend to emphasize the positives? One severely flawed Chinese horoscope went as far as to  lable every single sign as successful.  Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 August 10, 06:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Badly actually. But, I can interpret events of my life to make it fit. Then, that works for all 13. I think I'll just live in denial. I'm only off by 5 days. I'll pretend I never heard of this new thing and continue to claim Sagitarius. Foolish attitude perhaps, but hey, they're only horoscopes.
Well, when you think about it, horoscopes never had any real basis in fact, anyway. Why bother living in denial, when you can just figure it's mostly BS anyway?

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 August 10, 13:45:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be a different matter if I believed in them or thought they had any real relevance on my life. I don't. I find horoscopes, at best, to be occasionally amusing. Being Sagitarious amuses me more than this new thing. Here are some of the attributes. These are all characteristics which sound dull, or else do not fit me at all. No thanks.
    * lofty ideals
    * a seeker of peace and harmony
    * doctor of medicine or science
    * seeks higher education
    * overseer, supervisor of work
    * longevity, aspirations of healing the ills of man
    * tax assessor or levys taxes
    * astrological talents, intuitive
    * the number twelve holds great significance
    * foresight to benefit from hard times
    * notable father, apple of father's eye when young
    * high position in life expected [depending on aspects] highest fame and legend comes after death however
    * likes to wear clothing of vibrant colors
    * receives the favor of those in charge

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 August 10, 15:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, when you think about it, horoscopes never had any real basis in fact, anyway. Why bother living in denial, when you can just figure it's mostly BS anyway?

It is pretty much all bs. It's stuff like this, 13th sign business and all, that proves it doesn't stand up to decent scientific inquiry.

For example: Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, and *mysterious recently discovered planet-like object* are all fairly recent additions to the whole thing, but pre-discovery astrology never even slightly indicated the existence of these planets. If it actually did work the way it is reported to, there would have been discrepancies in it that were resolved by the discovery of said planets.

I'm Scorpio, but the only part I really like is pluto. Come on. It's small, cold, dark, and gives astronomers fits trying to figure out what it is. An excellent metaphor. :-D Anything that annoys people is good by me.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 August 10, 22:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's about all that is fun about the star-signs. I like the idea that Aquarius is somehow connected with Uranus. I like that fact... other than that it is bs.

That's how the palm-readers and fortune-tellers and the like make their money by the way. Everyone gives away tiny clues about themselves even without saying a single word. That, coupled with things that most people want to hear, and things that could fit just about everyone is the con-artists bread and butter.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 August 11, 00:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dunno, I had my palm read when I was about twenty, and most of it came true!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 August 11, 00:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because it was sufficiently vague or obvious that it probably would come true.

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 August 11, 00:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had my palm read and don't want to have it done after a work colleague of mine freaked me out; she had on two different occasions gone to get her palm read; The first palmist looked at her palm then refused to give her a reading.  A few years later she again went to a palmist, who looked startled at what she'd seen then told her that sometimes it better not to know and refused to give the reading. 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: