More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:04:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?  (Read 80821 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Sexual Preference Not Changed By Woo-Hooing?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 August 07, 22:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The making out is fairly common but usually one of the couple at least will be either Romance or Family.  Spontaneous woohoo just doesn't seem to be in the programming at all!  No doubt I could get a hack for it somewhere, but it just wouldn't be the same!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2005 August 08, 03:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you can get an autonomous woo-hoo hack now, the bed I mentioned at the start of this thread.  It's quite good actually, you can customise it up to the eyeballs, so it does exactly what you want it to do, and it works well with Pescado's Romance Mod and TwoJeffs' Casual Woo-Hoo.  If anyone's interested, it's by Lizzlove and you can get it on MTS2.  It only went 'live' 24 hours ago and is still in beta-testing, so it will be improved upon in future weeks.  Not the same as them doing it off their own bat I know, but better than nothing.  I am nevertheless still waiting for the mod that lets them flirt on their own and the rest of it.  I SO want them to choose their own partners.  If I'd wanted to be a matchmaker I'd have spent my entire life singing songs from "Fiddler on the Roof".

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 August 08, 11:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting, though, that if you have Family teens who are in love and send them off to Uni, when the second one arrives the first one makes straight for them and they fall in love all over again.  One female sim was so shy her boyfriend had to kiss her through the front door!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 August 08, 14:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well you can get an autonomous woo-hoo hack now, the bed I mentioned at the start of this thread.  It's quite good actually, you can customise it up to the eyeballs, so it does exactly what you want it to do, and it works well with Pescado's Romance Mod and TwoJeffs' Casual Woo-Hoo.  If anyone's interested, it's by Lizzlove and you can get it on MTS2.  It only went 'live' 24 hours ago and is still in beta-testing, so it will be improved upon in future weeks. 

Ooooh I've been waiting for that! Been checking that thread every day.
To answer the question about my sims autonomously woohooing...no. They don't. But, like I said, the married ones kiss, hold hands, hug, etc., and the ones I get started  with a few commands take it from there. I just had one of my female teens, Bella's daughter with my sim, have her first kiss. I then had them "kiss romantically", and before I could even put in the next command, she made out with him. Cute. They're both family sims, by the way. Now I see them in the background hugging and kissing all the time while I'm dealing with my other sims. I'm using her boyfriend as a sort of experiment, too. He's the first sim I haven't made adjustments to. I wanted to see how much his preference would change, and how quickly. He started out as 0/0, but he's now at female preference with a score of 136/-84. Didn't take too horribly long. I have one married couple, she's a romance (she's never cheated, even though she gets those wants. I ignore them.) and he's a popularity, who seem to be all over each other more than any other couple I've played. I wish I knew what specifically determines how autonomously affectionate a couple are.  Anyone? J.M.?
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 August 08, 15:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Niceness affects how likely sims are to do a lot of romantic interactions. Playful and Seriousness affect things like Serenade and (I think, have to check) Squeeze, so a sim with an extreme trait in one of those should theoretically be more affectionate. Being outgoing also affects it. I'd have to look it up in the Prima guide, which is usually pretty good about the specific numbers involved in those little charts. Not good for actual strategy, but fairly good for the info needed to build a strategy. Or is that "strategery?"

Hmm. I'll put this on my list of "things to be tested."

1. YA pregnancies/abductions.
2. Effect of personality on autonomous affection.
3. Some other stuff I can't think of at the moment.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 August 08, 15:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that info. This particular couple is pretty high in outgoing and playfulness, around a 3 or 4 on the niceness scale for him, though. He still loves to "squeeze" her.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 August 08, 16:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even my Leos with only one in the niceness stakes still autonomously flirt etc. - and are generally much nicer than they are supposed to be!  Whereas a Scorpio or Sagittarius can have 4 in niceness and still be extremely nasty!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 August 08, 16:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, did you try to match Leo and Scorpio - it's a fire ball...Smiley. They are the most devoted couple I have ever seen. When I see a Leo, immediately I mate him to a Scorpio.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 August 08, 18:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't think I ever tried that!  Usually I find they get on well with other Leos, and with Aries or Aquarius.  But so much also depends on the interests they have in common.  I mean, a Leo Romance sim will woohoo with anything that moves, but if they are to fall truly in love, they have to be able to talk to each other!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2005 August 08, 21:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, did you try to match Leo and Scorpio - it's a fire ball...Smiley. They are the most devoted couple I have ever seen. When I see a Leo, immediately I mate him to a Scorpio.
This is one of the puzzling aspects of the game.  Astrologically, Scorpio & Leo are a total mismatch.  I am Scorpio and I wouldn't touch a (typical) Leo male with a bargepole.  Far too extrovert, far too full of themselves (I'm the King of the Jungle and all that) and forever titivating their manes.  Anyway, everyone knows fire & water don't mix.  And as for Scorpios being nasty, they've fallen into the usual trap there.  We're the most loyal sign of the lot and also one of the most faithful.  We're also very generous (the only thing we have in common with Leos), at least to those we care about, and ... well, we're not sex-maniacs or alcoholics, either.  And we only sting idiots, because we don't suffer fools at all, never mind gladly.  This does mean that we never run out of people to sting.  Grin

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 August 08, 21:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Astrological signs have little to do with compatibility in TS2. You can pretty much hamfist anything pretty easily with AutoSoc's method.

This is one of the puzzling aspects of the game.  Astrologically, Scorpio & Leo are a total mismatch.  I am Scorpio and I wouldn't touch a (typical) Leo male with a bargepole.  Far too extrovert, far too full of themselves (I'm the King of the Jungle and all that) and forever titivating their manes.
I dunno about you, but as a Scorpio myself, I find I've gotten along with a fair number Leos that behave in just such a manner as you describe. The key here is allowing them to go ahead and draw fire. Remember, everyone shooting at them is not shooting at you. Learn to understand the tactical value of a diversion. Smiley

Anyway, everyone knows fire & water don't mix.  And as for Scorpios being nasty, they've fallen into the usual trap there.
What, you mean it's not true Scorpios are nasty? I'm nasty! I kill people with my bare hands! And rip off lips!

We're the most loyal sign of the lot and also one of the most faithful.
Okay, you got me there.

We're also very generous (the only thing we have in common with Leos), at least to those we care about
What, me, generous? You can't pry a peso from my cold dead hands with a crowbar.

And we only sting idiots, because we don't suffer fools at all, never mind gladly.  This does mean that we never run out of people to sting.  Grin
Doesn't that pretty much describe everyone here who still has lips?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 August 08, 22:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J. M. Pescado
We're also very generous (the only thing we have in common with Leos), at least to those we care about
What, me, generous? You can't pry a peso from my cold dead hands with a crowbar.
Yet you give your time, mods and fixes for free. 

Still waiting for that Thank You placebo button.

The true key feature of a Scorpio is that s/he thinks others don't understand their 'complex' personality because they are 'smarter' than everyone else; I've yet to meet one who didn't feel that they were misunderstood and hard done by.

The reason Scorpios battle with Leos is due to the obvious clash of huge egos.  Add an Aries to the equation to see real fireworks.

happy now :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 August 08, 23:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet you give your time, mods and fixes for free.
Not true. They cost $29.95/month. Have you forgotten what it says on your receipt?

The true key feature of a Scorpio is that s/he thinks others don't understand their 'complex' personality because they are 'smarter' than everyone else; I've yet to meet one who didn't feel that they were misunderstood and hard done by.
Doesn't everyone? It's hard not to when you're surrounded by COMPLETE MORONS. Although I'm not really so much hard done by as just plain hard.

The reason Scorpios battle with Leos is due to the obvious clash of huge egos.  Add an Aries to the equation to see real fireworks.
That's probably because they're going about it wrong. When you're dealing with a Leo like that, the best way to get them to adopt an idea is to make them believe that it was theirs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 August 09, 01:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

J. M. Pescado
When you're dealing with a Leo like that, the best way to get them to adopt an idea is to make them believe that it was theirs.

Substitute 'man' for 'Leo'  and you have learned the first lesson every mother teaches her daughter.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 August 09, 01:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hoooaaah! Hold your horses!

I am Scorpio too - and as ZZ said, I have very few Leo friends in RL. I talk about the GAME: don't know why it was programmed that way, but I just tried to follow the Official Guide suggestion of matching sims:

"Scorpio - attracted by Pisces/Leo; repelled by Libra/Aquarius.

Leo - attracted by Saggitarius/Cancer; repelled by Capricorn/Gemini."

There is no Scorpio for Leo to be attracted to - only for Scorpio.

I tried it on General Buzz Grunt (Leo). Ripp is Saggitarius, Tank is Capricorn, and the General liked Tank more than Ripp (contradiction);
But when I "fixed" the relationship with Ripp - Buzz was concentrated more in Ripp than in Tank.

Then I tried to match him my CAS Scorpio female - and it was burning flame!
I also noticed, that Olive (Scorpio), wanted to invite Buzz, and Buzz always brought home a Scorpio girl.

On the family tumbnail, in the neighbourhood - my Scorpio girl was shown to kiss Buzz's cheek (great love), while with other astrological sign the tumbnail showed Buzz with "V" fingers behind the spouse (cheating).

It's not RL, it's a game, programmed to match - sometimes in contradiction with RL - sims.

I have whole neighbourhood Leo-Scorpio matches, which works great for all...Smiley.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 August 09, 03:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny - I was looking at this http://www.snootysims.com/zodiac.php idly on Saturday and figured out that most star signs have two or three star signs that are attracted to them, but only Sagittarius does not repel any other sign.  Just like real life eh?    Grin

Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 August 09, 04:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny - I was looking at this http://www.snootysims.com/zodiac.php idly on Saturday and figured out that most star signs have two or three star signs that are attracted to them, but only Sagittarius does not repel any other sign. Just like real life eh? Grin

Of course. We Sagitarii are absolutely amazing. Every one loves us. You questioned this? Grin

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 August 09, 08:08:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, silly - I'm a Sagittarian through and through!  Your level of modesty befits a true Sagi, as does that glowing inner confidence.  Now if we could just work out the difference between friends that want to be lovers and lovers that just want to be friends, we'd be laughing! Grin
« Last Edit: 2005 August 09, 08:14:05 by sandilou » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 August 09, 10:25:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am Scorpio too - and as ZZ said, I have very few Leo friends in RL. I talk about the GAME: don't know why it was programmed that way, but I just tried to follow the Official Guide suggestion of matching sims:
I have just the opposite experience: I've had a number Leo friends in RL. The emphasis here is on "had", because they tend to get themselves gruesomely killed. This is unfortunate and has the side effect of leaving me in charge. Bother.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 August 09, 10:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't seen the paranormal, showbiz, artist or natural science careers except in bits, so I decided to create a house of four single sims in my new n'hood. I also wanted to test out JMs romancemod. I've tried twojeffs casual woohoo, but I don't currently have this hack in my game. So I made three romance sims and one popularity, (was going to make two of each but obviously can't count past two).  Roll Eyes

I set up their interests and gave them half skills, I did not change their sexual preferences as I wanted them to be bisexual because there just aren't that many sims in my new n'hood for them to have a preference for one gender. I wanted to try them out woohooing each other in the flat to see if they would get jealous if they were not in a committed relationship, as per the romancemod.

Anyway, to get to the point of this post, last night I realised my sims had been alive for about 7 sim days & not one of them had had a woohoo yet. (House is looking good though  Tongue ) So the next two sims at home at the same time were it. It turned out both females were home so I tried a flirt action. Caress maybe? The second sim pushed away the flirter and shook her head. I tried another flirt and a romantic hug, neither were accepted. I swopped sims and chose flirt/caress, this time no problem. Both sims were 100 daily (insert product placement for macrotastics Smiley ) and 60-70 for lifetime.

Why would one sim accept a same gender advance, but another not, despite neither having a gender preference? Is it down to personality in that case? Both are fairly outgoing. I'm pretty sure it was Winona, a popularity gemini who made the first advance only to be repulsed by Jennifer the romance aries.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 August 09, 10:29:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-Romance sims decline attempts to start a new relationship once they already have one. Break up their existing one, or have them initiate it, and they'll be fine with what they have.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 August 09, 11:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither sim had any previous romantic attachment, this was the first romantic relationship any of the household members had with anyone, inside or outside the house. I don't think they were best friends though, I wonder if that makes a difference to the acceptance of a romantic overture? I just found it odd that one sim would and the other wouldn't.  Undecided

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2005 August 09, 13:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have guessed Mr Pescado was a Scorp.  I can understand him a lot better now.  Which of the many masks that he keeps by his front-door is he wearing here, I wonder?!  And yes, of course he is generous, but Scorpios aren't openly generous like Leos, they're 'quietly generous' and don't usually talk about it.  As Scorpios only show their true selves to those they really care about (and, most importantly, totally trust), it is anybody's guess as to who the true JM Pescado really is (or even what he is, as there has been talk of him being an alien).

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 August 09, 16:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient Sim,
As Scorpios only show their true selves to those they really care about
surely the same applies to you, as you are also a Scorpio?

Personally, I don't think that Scorpios ever truly reveal themselves to anyone.  They are guarded by nature and ultimately trust no-one but themselves.  True?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 August 09, 16:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm astrologically a Leo. But my character is nothing like one (except perhaps the arrogance). The classical description of Capricorn fits me better.

I do have the hair.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: