More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 03:10:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stuck Beds (or stuck halves of beds)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stuck Beds (or stuck halves of beds)  (Read 10273 times)
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
Stuck Beds (or stuck halves of beds)
« on: 2006 January 04, 17:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't find anything about this from before, but I vaguely remember something. This isn't inventory related.

Basically, you have a sim asleep in a double bed, another sim wants to sleep in it, but doesn't like that sim enough and so throws a tantrum and walks off. They try to sleep in same bed later when disliked sim has gone, and they will only sleep on that side of the bed. The other side of the bed is effectively stuck and not clickable when a sim occupies the bed.l It's fixable with a reset, but still annoying.

It's happened before (but not before NL) but I didn't work out why until just recently - due to the no invulnerability for dormies hack - my playable didn't have her door locked and her bed kept getting slept in.

A proud thread pirate.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Stuck Beds (or stuck halves of beds)
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 04, 17:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never had that happen, but visiting townie kids jumping on beds and being deleted casued the same thing to happen.

Zephyr Zodiac
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 04, 17:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go read the post about that hack you will notice others mentionned that if you don't lock the dorm door any Sim can go sleep in your Sim's bed so it is a must do.

As for your other problem I don't know if it is related to that hack, I don't really think so unless those double-beds are place in a dorm.  I did use that hack for awhile but removed it and did not have that problem in the double-beds in regular neighborhood lots.

My problem is sometimes I have a 3 place sofa and 1 place get stuck and no Sims can sit on it anymore.  Mostly happens when Sims are visiting those lots, I use moveobjects on to delete the sofa but it is annoying.  Same with the dartboard, it get stuck in play.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 04, 18:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't think it was to do with the hack, I was just saying I noticed it because of it Smiley That probably wasn't clear... but in any case, that wasn't what I was trying to say.

And it's not just in dorms, regular lots too.

I nuked all the townie kids Wink Townie kids suck.

A proud thread pirate.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 04, 18:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lucy Burb's a real little bed-wrecker too!  Spoilt little brat!

Zephyr Zodiac
VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 04, 18:48:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing often happens to me but it's because of Inge's reservable beds patch. Now if you don't use this patch, I don't know...  Tongue
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 04, 21:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen before. As well as with chairs and sofas. Usually, something happens where the sim that is occupying that slot somehow got removed from it, without the code having a chance to "clean up" after it i.e. reset the object so that the slot is empty.

Theoretically, I would presume that the Stuck Object Remover should now handle this. And quite possibly, the FFS Lot Debugger as well, which has an experimental option to reset all objects or something like that.

However, you could also just turn on the boolprop testingcheat and force an error on any stuck objects and then choose reset.

Ste

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 04, 21:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only times I've had a problem with one side of the bed being stuck is when I moved a family into a new house and they brought the bed with them in their inventory (NL).  Since I couldn't get the bed to place headboard-against-wall, I used moveobjects to place it.  After that, sometimes only one sim could occupy the bed, and when two COULD get in the bed, they couldn't woohoo.  I wound up having to replace all the beds I had placed that way.

Same with couches.  I coudn't get one end to place against a wall and used moveobjects to place it.  The end next to the wall was no longer usable, so I had to replace those couches as well.

However, recently I deleted the basic house I was using for my sims from the lot bin, went into my "build" neighborhood and made sure it was properly updated for NL, re-packaged the lot and reinstalled it.  Now I have noticed that when I place that lot and move a family in I no longer have a problem with placing anything against a wall.  Beds, dressers, couches, career rewards - all now place properly and with no problems being used.

I know you said it wasn't inventory related, but maybe it's lot related?  Did you build the house yourself since NL?  I replaced this lot because I read here somewhere that you need to make a minor change to a lot if it was pre-NL before moving anyone in because the lot can cause problems.

Sorry, that was a lot of lots!  Roll Eyes

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 04, 23:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing often happens to me but it's because of Inge's reservable beds patch. Now if you don't use this patch, I don't know...  Tongue

Nopers, thanks though Smiley

I've had this happen before. As well as with chairs and sofas. Usually, something happens where the sim that is occupying that slot somehow got removed from it, without the code having a chance to "clean up" after it i.e. reset the object so that the slot is empty.

Yeah I figured, I'd been using option three anyway, it's just a pain to do.

The only times I've had a problem with one side of the bed being stuck is when I moved a family into a new house and they brought the bed with them in their inventory (NL).  Since I couldn't get the bed to place headboard-against-wall, I used moveobjects to place it.  After that, sometimes only one sim could occupy the bed, and when two COULD get in the bed, they couldn't woohoo.  I wound up having to replace all the beds I had placed that way.

I had that problem also a while ago, I tend to reset the object when I place it now, seems to be doing the trick.

However, recently I deleted the basic house I was using for my sims from the lot bin, went into my "build" neighborhood and made sure it was properly updated for NL, re-packaged the lot and reinstalled it.  Now I have noticed that when I place that lot and move a family in I no longer have a problem with placing anything against a wall.  Beds, dressers, couches, career rewards - all now place properly and with no problems being used.

I know you said it wasn't inventory related, but maybe it's lot related?  Did you build the house yourself since NL?  I replaced this lot because I read here somewhere that you need to make a minor change to a lot if it was pre-NL before moving anyone in because the lot can cause problems.

Sorry, that was a lot of lots!  Roll Eyes

Yes and no... the one I noticed it in recently was a default dorm straight out of the lot bin, prior to that it was an occupied house which had been built pre-NL, but had sims living in it so I just played straight from there. That's something to think about though, thanks Smiley

A proud thread pirate.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 05, 00:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The inventory, I believe, does tend to muck things up.  However, in this case, I would say that it is simply the explanation that Syberspunk gave.  I would say, in this case, replace the bed and Kaching to pay for it - not really cheating in this case! 

Or, for dorms, get the Bedroom 6 from 4ESF2 and use the 300simoleon bed from that.  After midnight, you can sell it for 1000 simoleons!

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 05, 02:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I know, like I said it's just a pain. Thought I'd see if anyone else shared the problem. Evidently I'm special or something Wink

A proud thread pirate.
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 05, 04:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry i can't help with a solution but i can sympathize. i've had the same problem and also with the objects out of inventory. it is a huge pain in the ass!

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 05, 05:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mainly use the Inventory now for kids off to college - they can load their bedroom into the Inventory and take it to college with them, and I've never had a problem, so main hood > campus = OK.  However, I've had problems with Downtown to main hood, so downtown > main hood = BAD!  At least in my game.  Never tried the other options.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 05, 06:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, you have a sim asleep in a double bed, another sim wants to sleep in it, but doesn't like that sim enough and so throws a tantrum and walks off. They try to sleep in same bed later when disliked sim has gone, and they will only sleep on that side of the bed. The other side of the bed is effectively stuck and not clickable when a sim occupies the bed.l It's fixable with a reset, but still annoying.
Known issue. I've considered investigating the matter, but it's not really a high priority given that it's fixable by a reset and this doesn't happen unless you tell a sim to sleep in the wrong bed. Which I never do, since I don't bother telling sims to sleep by specific beds and sides at all anymore, the SCC handles all that.

The newest SCC even includes a "Bed Nazi" function that tells random weirdos trying to sleep in your bed to piss off. Try it!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 05, 09:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not seen any sims recently try to sleep in beds, they just nap on sofas unless told to go to bed.  But I have seen very active sims (which surprised me) with nearly full energy bars, toddle off to relax next to their sleeping partner.  When I checked the icon in the queue, it didn't say "Relax" but "Join x"!

Zephyr Zodiac
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 05, 09:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SCC?

Sorry, but I don't know. What means, please?

btw, I noticed some other issues with the inventory system. Two or more times, I can't place beds or other furnitures exactly against walls when they "arrives" from the inventory, but only in the middle of the room.
Any advice?

Ice

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 05, 10:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't try to move furniture between downtown and the main hood!  That's the only advice I have, as it's never worked proprly for me.  Between the neighbourhood and the campus seems to work fine though.

SCC is JM's Sleepclock hack which tells the sims when to go to bed and when to wake up.

Zephyr Zodiac
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 05, 10:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, ZZ.

My furniture from inventory issue appears also when I move a sim from a lot to another inside the same hood.
And appears only for beds and wardrobes, not for cars, coffe machines or similar stuffs.

Ice

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 05, 10:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you try to move too much stuff?  Basically, when I move a teen to Uni, I frequently let them take their bedroom with them - not if there's a toddler about to grow up though!  I never have any problems with just a single bed, nightstand and lamp, desk, chair and PC plus a bookcase and an easel.

If you're moving a family, try spreading stuff around, and NEVER try to move the family car, and don't leave it behind either or the lot can be bugged.  so sell the car before you move.

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 05, 12:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought it was something you had looked at Pes, but yeah I understand.

ZZ - cars crapola the inventory? I tried to move a bowling alley once, never again, that kept respawning and respawning, it was a right pain in the arse.

A proud thread pirate.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 05, 14:37:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think very large objects (file-size-wise, I mean) are the problem.  The only time I had trouble getting a sim home from Uni, it was Beau, whose file was nearly 3 times the size of mere mortal sims!

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 05, 15:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Makes sense. Stupid inventories.

A proud thread pirate.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 05, 15:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem is the inventories are bottomless, and they shouldn't be, they should have a limit of say 5Mb, 10MB, or whatever works, then you'd be much more careful about putting large objects in!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 05, 16:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd never worked out that was one of the reasons beds got bugged - thanks! 
I'll try reset next time rather than moveobjects.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 13, 06:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is an old topic, but I wanted to add that I had a similar bed problem pre NL. Not inventory related. I fixed it by deleting some of my newer custom meshes that were related to beds. When that did fix it, I turned around and deleted all my other meshes, just in case.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: