More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:34:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Uni Life Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Uni Life Thread  (Read 40373 times)
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Uni Life Thread
« Reply #25 on: 2013 March 12, 19:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a problem with some of the community lots in the university world having the name  "Community Lot" and being categorized as "No Visitors Allowed?" Also, some of the drinks I order from the barista, my sim pays for it, grabs it, and then does the motion like they are putting it in their pocket. The thing is, it doesn't go into their inventory, it just disappears. So, I pay for a drink, but I don't actually get to drink it.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2013 March 12, 20:13:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a problem with some of the community lots in the university world having the name  "Community Lot" and being categorized as "No Visitors Allowed?"

I haven't noticed it in University world, but there's a community swimming pool in Aurora Skies that was categorized this way.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
LittleBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2013 March 12, 20:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a problem with some of the community lots in the university world having the name  "Community Lot" and being categorized as "No Visitors Allowed?" Also, some of the drinks I order from the barista, my sim pays for it, grabs it, and then does the motion like they are putting it in their pocket. The thing is, it doesn't go into their inventory, it just disappears. So, I pay for a drink, but I don't actually get to drink it.

Yes, I've had this problem.  It only happens sometimes, but when it happens, the sim can order 5 things in a row and it will happen every time.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2013 March 13, 05:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to fix this problem I had 2 sims finish their degrees in university but only one of them got a diploma the other one stood in front of the door. I had to reset her and have them both drop out of the university. So I am assuming that she finished her degree in Fine Arts because her credits are still all there. But I need to know how I can make sure she finished or how I can get her diploma. Or if its even possible now that they are both home.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2013 March 13, 07:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "attractive" message box is popping up far too often. Every single sim I meet (and sometimes sims I haven't even met in the first place that are across town) will proclaim that he/she wants to get to know them better. Bam, attractive moodlet. Suddenly my sim is flirting away with his newfound love, even as he's found about ten of them in the last two minutes of playing.

And put down the fucking smartphone, dipshit.
KrazeyZomby
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2013 March 13, 11:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to fix this problem I had 2 sims finish their degrees in university but only one of them got a diploma the other one stood in front of the door. I had to reset her and have them both drop out of the university. So I am assuming that she finished her degree in Fine Arts because her credits are still all there. But I need to know how I can make sure she finished or how I can get her diploma. Or if its even possible now that they are both home.
You mean that they have their degrees in Degree History tab but didn't get the new trait? I had a similar problem, where the game didn't let most students enter the graduation ceremony, including mine, and she returned home without getting the trait. Anyway, yes, you can fix it. Either get the Honorary Degree LTR or type this in console: setconfig debuginteractions true , then ctrl-shift click on her and find the University Degree (I think) option, there you will be able to choose the appropriate degree and grade.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2013 March 13, 17:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes they have their degree but she doesn't have the diploma or the extra trait for graduating because she was the one that stood at the door until 10:30 when I reset her. Ok that cheat didn't work how do I make it work? If I am suppose to be using the awesome mod to this then will someone explain how to do it. I don't use that mod but I do have it to fix the problem but I am completely lost how to use it to fix this.
« Last Edit: 2013 March 13, 21:28:41 by Tia » Logged
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2013 March 14, 18:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you installed Awesomemod correctly, open the console using CTL+Shift+C, then type what KrazeyZombie indicated in the box, and follow their instructions from there. If it's not installed correctly, there's dozens of threads on here about that, so go lurk moar.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2013 March 14, 18:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or try Ctrl + Shift clicking your sim and see if an option to add that is there. There's a lot of stuff in that menu for stuff like that.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2013 March 14, 18:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I'm enjoying the new features on the smartphone. I just posted a blog post with the randomly generated title of "Personal Musings on Being Mean". It was an amazing post and my blog earned 33 new followers. Even in SimLand people like the meen.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2013 March 15, 21:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you installed Awesomemod correctly, open the console using CTL+Shift+C, then type what KrazeyZombie indicated in the box, and follow their instructions from there. If it's not installed correctly, there's dozens of threads on here about that, so go lurk moar.
I typed that in. I don't use the AM I use Twallans mods. So I have no idea how to use it and I have no idea how to use that master computer thing to do stuff.
Or try Ctrl + Shift clicking your sim and see if an option to add that is there. There's a lot of stuff in that menu for stuff like that.
I tried that it doesn't give me any option except for all of Twallans mods. But I just gave up on trying to fix it because I think I messed it up using MC to reset the sim instead of using the cheat console. I appreciate the suggestions.
ebonyspiral
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2013 March 15, 21:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone successfully formed a band at university? My sim tried with several musically inclined roomies and friends, but no option ever appears.
While she is back home, in between terms, she does have the option.

FACT INTO DOUBT WON'T GO
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2013 March 16, 14:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that it doesn't give me any option except for all of Twallans mods. But I just gave up on trying to fix it because I think I messed it up using MC to reset the sim instead of using the cheat console. I appreciate the suggestions.

Try NRaas Debug Enabler.  That should unlock the debug interactions upon shift clicking on the sim.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2013 March 16, 15:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DebugEnabler works like all of twallan's mods via the NRaas menu

And the cheat for AM is setconfig enabledebuginteractions true
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2013 March 17, 22:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got five specific errors/annoyances that I'm just going to throw out there.

1. When returning to Uni for a second term, a notification for the Meet and Greet happens, but when your Sim autonomously tries to attend it, there's a jump bug and the interaction cancels. It still shows up on the map as an event, but trying to Attend manually just cancels out. If you send the Sim to the building, none of the Meet and Greet tables are there. It makes sense not to have a Meet and Greet after the Sim has already been to Uni Town once, but it would be nice if the notifications, etc. disappeared.

2. Using the same Sim, I had to try three different times to get him to graduate and go home without error. This issue has been widely reported, and Google Fu adequately illustrates what happens when it borks. For me, I have fixed the problem by A) Not adding a new trait, and/or B) not inviting anyone to graduation. I'm not sure which one fixed it, or whether either of them fixed it, but not doing those two things resulted in a successful graduation and trip home.

3. Sims intermittently skip class. I have not been able to figure out why. Clicking "Attend Class" results in a popup that it's not your class time, even thought the Uni tab shows that you're "Missing Class!"

4. Directing a Sim to upgrade the keg to "Auto-Refill" does not register as one of the ten unique upgrades required for the Tinkerer Skill Challenge.

5. Jesus H. Christ, ENOUGH WITH PLAYING THE DAMN GUITARS. I think I spend the majority of a Sim's party attendance clicking "Take a Break from Playing" on other Sims. I can of course seek out a no autonomous mod for this, but I don't necessarily want it to NEVER happen for non-controlled Sims.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2013 March 18, 03:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got five specific errors/annoyances that I'm just going to throw out there.

1. When returning to Uni for a second term, a notification for the Meet and Greet happens, but when your Sim autonomously tries to attend it, there's a jump bug and the interaction cancels. It still shows up on the map as an event, but trying to Attend manually just cancels out. If you send the Sim to the building, none of the Meet and Greet tables are there. It makes sense not to have a Meet and Greet after the Sim has already been to Uni Town once, but it would be nice if the notifications, etc. disappeared.

I just sent my first sim for yet another therm to university and I was surprised he had to go to yet another meet & greet. Mine didn't glitch though so the problem might be on your end?

2. Using the same Sim, I had to try three different times to get him to graduate and go home without error. This issue has been widely reported, and Google Fu adequately illustrates what happens when it borks. For me, I have fixed the problem by A) Not adding a new trait, and/or B) not inviting anyone to graduation. I'm not sure which one fixed it, or whether either of them fixed it, but not doing those two things resulted in a successful graduation and trip home.

According to Crinrict's blog (read it first next EP, saves you a lot of headaches) inviting people to the graduation has almost a 100% chance of making it glitch. This has been reported at least a week ago. I keep her blog bookmarked because she's the quickest to keep track of bugs and glitches with every new EP or other TS3 releases.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
isabel_c
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2013 March 18, 18:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried sending a second generation to University?  I sent the daughter of one of my sims and when she arrived her father had de-aged from elder to a teen in high school in the relationship panel.  The sim also jumped back to her dorm when I sent her to the meet and greet, and it was so glitchy in general that I quit without saving.  Not sure if this is due to PEBKAC or EA.
beansontoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2013 March 18, 19:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Twallan's ErrorTrap?
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/State+of+the+Mod
The "Meet and Greet" error : Entirely my bad.
ErrorTrap was failing to handle hidden objects, in the same manner it had issues regarding Festival Lots when Seasons was released
The mod has now been updated to handle them correctly.
If your Student Union lot is already mangled, my apologies regarding that, however you will need to replace it with a new copy.

5. Jesus H. Christ, ENOUGH WITH PLAYING THE DAMN GUITARS. I think I spend the majority of a Sim's party attendance clicking "Take a Break from Playing" on other Sims. I can of course seek out a no autonomous mod for this, but I don't necessarily want it to NEVER happen for non-controlled Sims.

You could use a less autonomous guitar mod (registration required to view and download.)
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/976-autonomous-instrument-mods-ln-10-flavors-flavors-updated-march-17-2013/page__hl__guitar

You could also try Retuner.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Retuner
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2013 March 19, 03:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using Twallan's ErrorTrap?

I was, but I removed it precisely because there were reports of it causing the issue. Cleared caches, etc., but it's the same result without it.

ETA: From his explanation, I see why. Herp derp.

You could use a less autonomous guitar mod (registration required to view and download.)
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/976-autonomous-instrument-mods-ln-10-flavors-flavors-updated-march-17-2013/page__hl__guitar

You could also try Retuner.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Retuner

These might be worth a shot. I will check them out. Baa.

LittleBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2013 March 19, 08:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim recently "got caught cheating" on her final exam, except she wasn't. 

She didn't make a cheat sheet or look for test answers before the exam.   I certainly didn't select the cheat tone from the drop-down menu during the exam.  So far those are the only ways I know of to cheat.  She didn't talk to anyone either, so if there's a way to cheat through socialization, it's ruled out.

She got booted from the building, has the cheated moodlet and lost all of her academic progress.  Super annoying.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2013 March 20, 23:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having bed assignment problems?

I built a Uni house and enabled roommates. I assigned them all beds. A couple of nights later, I realized that one roommate (we'll call her Jane Doe) was up at three in the morning and exhausted, and her bed was available. I clicked on the bed and the option "Sleep in Jane's Bed" was there. I decided to assign it to her again anyway (I did not Reset it; I clicked "Assign" or its equivalent in the pie menu). In the menu, I assigned the bed to Jane. A pop-up said something along the lines of, "Are you sure you want to assign this bed to Jane Doe? If you do, the Sim you previously assigned it to, Jane Doe, won't be assigned to it anymore."

In essence, there is something happening to the Sim/Bed relationship, where one is no longer recognizing the other.

Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2013 March 20, 23:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that with my active sim, after a script error that also removed a locked Supreme Commander setting (the one where one gets the "Requeue" panel). I suspect it's mainly the Sim having a hiccup, and the bed is a secondary consequence of whatever happened to the Sim that causes the game to think it's a different person from who it originally was.
LittleBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2013 March 21, 00:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problems with the Uni Library?

First I noticed that raindrops were splashing inside the building.  Then I placed a chessboard and couldn't use it because the "snow was too deep".  No other environmental effects seemed to be happening though, no visible breath, no puddles and no snow accumulation.  So I messed around (a lot) with the building and after I managed to delete the roof and replace it, the issues went away.

But in play testing the rebuilt library I now have sims pulling out the business presentation object thingy and giving presentations ALL THE TIME.  Like 8 different sims on the lot going at once.  I directed my sim to leave the lot, but all she wants to do is watch the presentations, and I keep autonomy set to low.  I finally got her out of there, and I'm working on it using twallan's mastercontroller to reset the lot, but so far I'm just confused.

PS. To rum nate: I found that if you click on the barista him/herself, instead of the counter, things always work how they're supposed to.
PPS. SJActress: Yes, not just in the Uni world either.  My sim at home, say Jim, will click on his own assigned bed and get "Sleep in Jim's bed".
« Last Edit: 2013 March 21, 00:42:36 by LittleBear » Logged
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2013 March 21, 03:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

PPS. SJActress: Yes, not just in the Uni world either.  My sim at home, say Jim, will click on his own assigned bed and get "Sleep in Jim's bed".
I don't have University, but I get same thing.  Sim Rho="sleep in Rho's bed"
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2013 March 21, 07:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the bed thing happen to after a "reset everything" by using MC. I simply reset the bed assignment and directed each sim to their respective beds. So far I haven't had this problem again.

Something weird happens to one of my sims though. I noticed that if she has to go to classes and game prompts the action in her queue, her needs will remain static until after she has attended classes. I first noticed when she went to class hungry when she only just finished eating. She used to have the after school activity glitch though so maybe these two things are connected? I did fix that before she went to uni though so I have no clue what to think.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: