More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:18:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780059 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 06.29.2012)
« Reply #225 on: 2012 June 29, 21:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I'm telling you that you're doing it wrong.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2012 June 29, 21:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm I get that but what am I doing wrong?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2012 June 29, 22:00:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you not read this?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2012 June 29, 22:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, good to know. They were rather vague about the car keys in the chat.
Yes, but they always spawn? Also hetero male sims beware. Wishing for love will always summon a male lover.

They(pixies) don't always, they're tuned to show up about 60% of the time. I just had a frog turn into a female sim for my gay sim while testing.

Typical EA voodoo. The gay guy gets a female lover while the hetero gets a male one.  Roll Eyes I've only played with the WW for a few hours and I've got already about 100 things on my list I'd like to change about it. First the game should summon a lover of the appropriate gender for the sim. Then I'd like to get rid of the "nothing happened" outcome. The wish should either fail or succeed. That's what makes the object fun. The pixies throwing money at your sim, the creepy evil kid arising from the well and the frog leaping out of the well. Ok, so maybe I don't have a 100 things on my list but these two issues annoy me to death.  I would also love it if sims could sit on the edge of the well. That would make for some really beautiful screenshots.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2012 June 29, 23:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just threw your fixes into my packages folder and scanned with Dashboard and it shows that it is conflicting with Store Stuff Part 3.  Is this something that is known?  I didn't see any post about it.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2012 June 30, 00:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok yes but I had to buy all the stuff I don't want fixes in my game. Its getting stupid.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2012 June 30, 00:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just threw your fixes into my packages folder and scanned with Dashboard and it shows that it is conflicting with Store Stuff Part 3.  Is this something that is known?  I didn't see any post about it.

If you're using packages, the answer is in the posts that immediately follow the OP. All mods need to be in a location that's at a higher priority level than the files they modify.

Ok yes but I had to buy all the stuff I don't want fixes in my game. Its getting stupid.

You didn't have to buy anything. I got all my Store stuff and fixes here and everything works for me. As you were already told:

Moodlet or skill problems are due to ccmerge fail.

If something is fail, get one that isn't. I'm not sure how much clearer the answer can get.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2012 June 30, 01:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I realize I didn't have to buy it  I have no idea what a ccmerge fail is its coming from my launcher yes in the backup folder but how do you replace it if it fails?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2012 June 30, 01:42:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"It"?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2012 June 30, 02:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Jezzer that was intelligent Roll Eyes
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2012 June 30, 03:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I realize I didn't have to buy it  I have no idea what a ccmerge fail is its coming from my launcher yes in the backup folder but how do you replace it if it fails?

Have you not read this?

Hopefully now they will see it?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2012 June 30, 04:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the thread, you insufferable idiot. Read the very first post from beginning to end. All those scary squiggly lines? Those are "letters" and they come together to form "words," some of which, when properly divined, contain the solution you seek.

For fuck's sake.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2012 June 30, 04:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweetie, I don't think you would recognize "intelligent" if it held you down and teabagged you.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2012 June 30, 06:18:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not entirely sure what this store stuff part 3 is. If there is something in there that the fix fixes than yes, it would show up as a conflict, but a good one.

Sweetie, I don't think you would recognize "intelligent" if it held you down and teabagged you.

This is just pure awesomeness, made my night.

@Tia - No one here is going to do this for you. If you don't know what the ccmerge file is then I suggest you shut the fuck up and figure it out. You are on the goddamn internet for fuck sakes, use a search engine, any one of them. Might I also add that I highly doubt you even bothered reading anything from the OP, I only mention the fucking thing four times, yes, four times.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2012 June 30, 08:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tia: I'd like to add that the fact your purchased from EA products don't work is no problem of ours in the first place. If you don't like Kissing Toast's fixes you are completely welcome to go to EA and ask them for help with your mental fail.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 30, 11:21:10 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
MannyCalavera
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2012 June 30, 09:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why in the name of god is there always a buff conflict between premium items? I just can't understand why EA keeps messing up the same thing over and over again.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2012 June 30, 09:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why in the name of god is there always a buff conflict between premium items? I just can't understand why EA keeps messing up the same thing over and over again.

It is not a buff conflict. EA isn't messing anything up. If you install through the launcher and do not delete the ccmerged.package everything will work exactly as EA has designed it to. The buffs use the same TGI because of the way EA has handled loading them in the core. Instead of loading a separate buff table for every single premium content item, EA loads one for all premium content items. It is smart because it saves EA time, but it is particularly sensitive to user error. If you delete the ccmerged.package, install de-crapped sims3packs, or use package files instead of sims3packs, you have to go about fixing the ccmerged.package yourself.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: 2012 June 30, 10:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Best and cleanest way to install content is to decrapify all store content and install through the launcher, and install all CC through merged packages in your mods folder (after extracting from sims3pack if needed). That keeps everything organised for easy reinstall, allows easy removal of CC and ensures everything works as intended.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2012 June 30, 11:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's impossible to do, the launcher quickly become unstable if there's too many files. I dread to imagine installing the whole store like that, it would be a nightmare - and take days! Plus you won't be able to fix the categories of the stuff easily and if you want to remove an item you're good for a one hour search in the looooong list the launcher spouts. It's a fucking piece of shit, I use it only to install stuff that really needs it.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2012 June 30, 11:42:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not impossible. I just did exactly that about a week ago; game runs probably 10 times faster/smoother using this method. Launcher isn't as unstable as it used to be. Also, I have my own CASP fixes, not to mention stencil removers and unlocked mailboxes. Everything works fine.

Don't be lazy, just try it. Also, as for un-installing, you can do so in S3PE as well. I just fixed a bunch of corrupted patterns that made my Misc section empty.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2012 June 30, 11:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's impossible to do, the launcher quickly become unstable if there's too many files. I dread to imagine installing the whole store like that, it would be a nightmare - and take days! Plus you won't be able to fix the categories of the stuff easily and if you want to remove an item you're good for a one hour search in the looooong list the launcher spouts. It's a fucking piece of shit, I use it only to install stuff that really needs it.

There's a great deal of legitimate criticism regarding the Launcher, but I wholeheartedly disagree that the method described by Anach is "impossible" or that it would "take days" to set up. I've used extracted/merged store packages in the past and found it perfectly acceptable at the time (except for the misbehaving counters and sectionals), but chose to switch back to decrapified Sims3Packs as a method of keeping EA content and third party CC apart. I recently did a ground-up install of all the EP's/SP's and store content and although it took the better part of an afternoon, the vast majority of that was installing the game itself. The Store stuff only took about an hour. I did find that the Launcher started "skipping" files when I installed too many at a time (because, as you noted, it is a fucking piece of shit); when I started installing things in 200mb chunks, a number I chose rather arbitrarily because it's just a bit smaller than the average file in my DCCache, it was smooth sailing.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: 2012 June 30, 13:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not impossible at all. It's exactly how I have my store stuff installed, and all of it works perfectly. It is actually easier to create overrides for store content using this method, as the mods folder is already higher priority than dccache, so fixing categories (Which I have done extensively with s3sr) is quite simple. I don't have any stability issues, and as I never uninstall store stuff (why would you remove it?), I don't care if it displays in the launcher or is difficult to find. I just find my game is healthier when I do things this way, and there is less screwing about with priorities and duplicates in the mods folder.

There's a great deal of legitimate criticism regarding the Launcher, but I wholeheartedly disagree that the method described by Anach is "impossible" or that it would "take days" to set up. I've used extracted/merged store packages in the past and found it perfectly acceptable at the time (except for the misbehaving counters and sectionals), but chose to switch back to decrapified Sims3Packs as a method of keeping EA content and third party CC apart. I recently did a ground-up install of all the EP's/SP's and store content and although it took the better part of an afternoon, the vast majority of that was installing the game itself. The Store stuff only took about an hour. I did find that the Launcher started "skipping" files when I installed too many at a time (because, as you noted, it is a fucking piece of shit); when I started installing things in 200mb chunks, a number I chose rather arbitrarily because it's just a bit smaller than the average file in my DCCache, it was smooth sailing.

Great tip! I do the same thing to install Store content.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2012 June 30, 14:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With my new machine I did the entire store contents to date in one hit. So I suspect the process is somewhat dependant on the hardware available. It took about 10 minutes.

I did find that the Launcher started "skipping" files when I installed too many at a time (because, as you noted, it is a fucking piece of shit); when I started installing things in 200mb chunks, a number I chose rather arbitrarily because it's just a bit smaller than the average file in my DCCache, it was smooth sailing.

I used to do exactly this on my old machine and I found it worked fine. My files then were around 250MB each. With the new machine the dbc files are about 1.2GB which tends to bear out my theory that the quality of the hardware has a significant effect on the process.

It also pays to link to the latest launcher. I don't use the launcher to start my game and it can be easy to leave a link to the old launcher on the desktop. Lately I have remembered to point the shortcut to the most recent launcher and have found it increases stability.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2012 June 30, 14:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the slightest idea on how to do scripts and since zero informations/help/tute/anything were released since that tool exist I cannot use the s3sr method but it's okay since I'm so used to fixing the stuff with the CTU and S3PE that it only takes a couple of clicks to add the latest store set. Plus there's the problem that a bunch of third party CC also need the launcher (counters, worlds, some hairs, some patterns, and even some accessories and clothes!), otherwise they 'break' so It's better not to clog the launcher with all the store because you still need to stuff it with a ton of third party things.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: 2012 June 30, 15:45:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to do exactly this on my old machine and I found it worked fine. My files then were around 250MB each. With the new machine the dbc files are about 1.2GB which tends to bear out my theory that the quality of the hardware has a significant effect on the process.

It also pays to link to the latest launcher. I don't use the launcher to start my game and it can be easy to leave a link to the old launcher on the desktop. Lately I have remembered to point the shortcut to the most recent launcher and have found it increases stability.

If you install the store content without the game running, they will be limited to 250Mb each (in my experience) or if you install via launcher with the game running (quicker this way) the files will end up larger, as the game tends to try to put everything into a single .dbc, but maybe the install process is more reliable this way? No idea why there is a difference in each process.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: