More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:31:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: KT's Store Fixes (updated 11.02.2013)  (Read 1780079 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 05.03.2012)
« Reply #100 on: 2012 May 04, 04:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated OP.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: KT's Store Fixes (updated 04.27.2012)
« Reply #101 on: 2012 May 04, 06:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears that the cow plant is not functioning properly, it not opens its mouth showing a slice of cake.
Can anything be done to integrate this into the fix?

The Cow Plant works fine. In order for it to get hungry, it must not be fed for 3 days. Most likely your sims are feeding it autonomously. You can try these mods: http://modthesims.info/d/468514
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2012 May 04, 14:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, all taken care of.
« Last Edit: 2012 May 04, 18:31:42 by Sparks » Logged

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2012 May 04, 15:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this posted anywhere but, the new Tablet PC that comes with this new set, doesn't work properly when decrapped like most other store items. "Listen to Tabcast" does nothing. From what I've read, upon choosing that feature, Sim's are supposed have an animation that shows a Bluetooth style ear piece and green arrows/indicators around their head while they listen. Once the Tabcast is finished, they gain a skill point in their chosen skill. All the other features (Shop Online for Books, Read Book, Play Online Social Game...etc) are working for me.

Here is a .package file I extracted.
And here is a link to the individual item (not for sale separately right now).

You mean you didn't see the "I've updated the mod" post about two replies up? Other than what I changed there is no breakage due to decrapping, mine works just as intended.

dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2012 May 05, 05:13:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so, the Vintage Phone doesn't get fixed for me. I uninstalled it, grabbed it again from my vanilla folders, decrapped it as I do with all my store items, and installed it again (I install store stuff using sims3packs, CC is always package) but it still doesn't get fixed. Do you have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

LL&P
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2012 May 05, 05:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay so, the Vintage Phone doesn't get fixed for me. I uninstalled it, grabbed it again from my vanilla folders, decrapped it as I do with all my store items, and installed it again (I install store stuff using sims3packs, CC is always package) but it still doesn't get fixed. Do you have any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

The fix in this thread doesn't work for me either, but with the Tablet. I did the same as you: deleted my original .package, re-downloaded a Sims3Pack, extracted again, decrapped the package, added it to Mods/Packages, then re-downloaded the fixes in this thread and my Sim still can't listen to a Tabcast, but the other features work.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Ily
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2012 May 05, 18:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fix in this thread doesn't work for me either, but with the Tablet. I did the same as you: deleted my original .package, re-downloaded a Sims3Pack, extracted again, decrapped the package, added it to Mods/Packages, then re-downloaded the fixes in this thread and my Sim still can't listen to a Tabcast, but the other features work.

Same here. Works on everything else for me except on tablet.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2012 May 05, 22:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here. Works on everything else for me except on tablet.

The phone works in my game. The tablet also works, you select which book to listen to, sim plays with the tablet then puts in an ear piece and goes on with his life. Don't know what to say other than you're doing it wrong.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012 May 05, 23:36:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The phone & tablet work in my game as well - in fact, I've never had a problem with the phone.  When I first downloaded the phone, it didn't work & I uninstalled it & reinstalled it and it's worked since.  First thing I did when I put the new goth set in my game is tested it both then and when you updated your fix.  Everything works like it should.
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: 2012 May 06, 05:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I did, as I said above. The tablet works just fine for me though, it is just the phone that refuses to show up correctly. No idea.

LL&P
nahcujam
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2012 May 06, 10:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed v11 unawesome fix. I commanded my sim to fry, then he would always reset. before updating the fix, it works fine, with the buffs and food showing up. I tried uninstall the set and install again, but still it keeps reseting my sim. The tablet moodlets works for me, and the ice cream maker yields ice cream.

I attached script error regarding the problem.

EDIT: Another thing I noticed (due to my stubbornness), I keep on ordering my sim to cook with the deep fryer and always reseting my sim,  a moodlet appeared on my sim. Even my sim didn't have the tablet on her inventory, the moodlet icon came from the tablet.

* ScriptError_123__05-06-2012__18-34-46__A158D32C.xml (3.65 KB - downloaded 300 times.)
« Last Edit: 2012 May 08, 03:46:17 by nahcujam » Logged
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012 May 07, 05:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was getting a couple corrupt (showed up as bald) hairs in my game; after investigating it looks like noRandoms causes it if you don't have the Barnacle Bay hats. Easy enough to fix in simPE, but I thought I'd give people a heads up.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2012 May 07, 10:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All was fine for me with the deep frier for a couple days, but then once again Sims started resetting, which is odd. I can't see why it would work fine for a while, then suddenly stop.  Also, after troubleshooting some issues with the spellbook resets after I updated my fixes, I reset all Sims in town to -1 in spellcasting using twallan's Master Controller, and now all is fine. I have the same issue with the tablet not showing any tabcasts, but otherwise works well.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2012 May 07, 15:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried running the game without the fix, because I never tried the tablet without it since I saw the BUFF conflict before I played, and it still works just fine in my game. Have you guys having issues with the tablet tried playing without the fix at all? All I know is that it works for me as decrapped sims3packs.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2012 May 07, 20:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All was fine for me with the deep frier for a couple days, but then once again Sims started resetting, which is odd. I can't see why it would work fine for a while, then suddenly stop.  Also, after troubleshooting some issues with the spellbook resets after I updated my fixes, I reset all Sims in town to -1 in spellcasting using twallan's Master Controller, and now all is fine. I have the same issue with the tablet not showing any tabcasts, but otherwise works well.

This is exactly what has happened with me.  It worked fine for two days then Sims started resetting.

@KT - I tried playing without the fix but then the fryer doesn't work at all.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012 May 07, 22:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those with the tablet problems are doing it wrong. Just double checked on my other PC and without the fix the action gets canceled once the non-ear piece gets put it. With the fix it works. I'll double check the deep fryer package for stuff, I think there was an UNKOWN file I didn't include, I wouldn't know what would be causing a reset with this one, there is no skill file like with the spell book. 

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2012 May 08, 00:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well seems I could be an idiot, as I didn't realise tabcasts were essentially skill books, so you wont see tabcast entries if your Sim is fully skilled up.

Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012 May 08, 02:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those with the tablet problems are doing it wrong. Just double checked on my other PC and without the fix the action gets canceled once the non-ear piece gets put it. With the fix it works. I'll double check the deep fryer package for stuff, I think there was an UNKOWN file I didn't include, I wouldn't know what would be causing a reset with this one, there is no skill file like with the spell book.  
 Ok I might be doing it wrong but I have the other fixes in with it and the .package one doesn't work with that fix. The tabcast doesn't work at least everything else does.

But I was reading another site that the spellbook conflicts with the tablet
« Last Edit: 2012 May 08, 03:18:20 by Tia » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2012 May 09, 00:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After 2 months of playing Witcher I came back to the Sims and updated all the store crap I was missing by decrapifying and transforming to packages as I always do. Removed the previous fixes we were using for the FOY, the spellbook and the cauldron problems, grabbed KT's fix here for the Awesomemod users and put it in my override folder (didn't decrap it or anything). Well, what do you know but everything work as intended. I checked all the old premium items: spellbook, cauldron, FOY... Even the voodoo doll, the musical toilet and the sleeping pod. Summoned a sim with the spellbook, burned his foot with the doll, teleported to the store by using the furtureshock machine thing, made potions, wished for youth at the fountain... And checked all the new premium items, up to the nifty tablet. I even used the hypno in my sims's magic show and podcasted some handy skill points to upgrade the premium toilet to check the autoclean animation, did fried food and ice creams.

All the premium stuff work without any problem: animations, accessories and moodlets all work, no reset happened. I haven't tried deep frying for several days though but I will ASAP. So double check your folders for a forgotten fix somewhere or something.
Ily
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2012 May 09, 02:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried running the game without the fix, because I never tried the tablet without it since I saw the BUFF conflict before I played, and it still works just fine in my game. Have you guys having issues with the tablet tried playing without the fix at all? All I know is that it works for me as decrapped sims3packs.

I have tried every combination of the following that I can think of: decrapped, non-decrapped, package, sims 3 pack, fix installed, no fix installed.  The closest I have come to success is a non-decrapped package w/fix installed because that's when the tabcasts work.  But for all combinations the sim plays the social games for two seconds and puts it away. 

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012 May 09, 13:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried every combination of the following that I can think of: decrapped, non-decrapped, package, sims 3 pack, fix installed, no fix installed.  The closest I have come to success is a non-decrapped package w/fix installed because that's when the tabcasts work.  But for all combinations the sim plays the social games for two seconds and puts it away. 

Your sim actually has to need social points to play it.

Ily
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012 May 09, 15:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sim actually has to need social points to play it.

Never thought of that so I just tried it but I was still having the same problem. But if the social and fun bar is low, then it works.  Anyways thanks for replying helping Smiley
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2012 May 11, 19:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok what points do you have to have to read a book in tabcasts because my sims don't have any skill points and its not working. I know how to add a mod and all the other stuff works in that mod but the tabcast and the tree of prosperity. I had to add Skadi tree back because it doesn't work without it. It might work in your game but you need to realize its not in mine. If you have a suggestion on how to get it to work on all the things I would appreciate it. Be more understanding because I am asking for help and this mod doesn't do as it says for me.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012 May 11, 21:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might work in your game but you need to realize its not in mine. If you have a suggestion on how to get it to work on all the things I would appreciate it. Be more understanding because I am asking for help and this mod doesn't do as it says for me.

What right do you have to tell him what he "needs to realize," exactly? Your computer and your game are your own, and their setup is unique. If he needs to be more understanding about you asking for help in a scenario that he cannot duplicate, you most certainly need to be more understanding about the fact that he's a modder and not a psychic.

There is a big difference between reporting bugs or asking for help, and barging into someone else's territory and demanding that they fix something when there is no solid evidence, as far as they can see, that it is even broken. If you want people to help you, consider the effect of how you speak to them.

For what it's worth, the mod works fine in my game, too.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2012 May 11, 22:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both items work for me. When I used the podcast for handiness & charisma my sim had zero points. Podcast still works now that he has level 8 or so in the skills. It's only the time counter shown on the moodlet that changes and gets higher with your skill level, not the podcast accessibility. The tree thing works perfectly too, my sim ate the fruit he 'impregnated' or something and gained a skill point. The tree also moves every couple of hours with the tingling sound. Suggestion to correct the DERP: you may have a default, override or mod somewhere you forgot about. Anything that concern the item could cause a problem: like a mod to change the price, or for the catalogue placement - also called "unlocker".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: