More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:18:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Crashing to Desktop Help?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crashing to Desktop Help?  (Read 10996 times)
Jessjess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Crashing to Desktop Help?
« on: 2012 February 05, 18:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I screwed up and cracked my game. Bad move. Couldn't update. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled.

This is a fresh install.

I have every stuff pack and expansion pack and I am completely updated. The only mods I have are awesomemod (+ tuner) and Twallan's master controller (+ MC cheats or whatever it is). No other custom content. These mods were just redownloaded and say they are all up to date.  (Tested with just AM as well) Mods are installed new way in Documents (Documents->Electronic Arts-> Sims 3-> Mods-> Packages with Resource.cfg in mods folder)

My game keeps crashing to desktop every half hour (real time) or so. At first it just crashed when it autosaved so I turned off that feature of awesome mod. Now it is only crashing in live mod.

I googled like crazy, added all games to my DEP, updated my graphics card driver, and downloaded "The Sims Crash Log Analyzer"

CLA told me it was a corrupt game so I moved all my saves out of documents and started fresh. Crashed again.
CLA told me it was because my EPs and SPs weren't updated. (Is this necessary?) So I downloaded "The Sims 3 Patch Downloader" and updated every SP and EP.

My game version is 11.0.84.014001 (Master Suite)
Base game is: 1.29.55.014002
If you need to know more, just let me know.

My Computer Specs:
EA_PLATFORM: Windows on X86
OS name: Windows Vista
OS version number: 6.0.6002
OS service pack: Service Pack 2
Debugger present: no
CPU count: 4
Processor type: x86
Processor level: 6
Processor revision: 5895
Memory load: 52%
Total physical memory: 8190 Mb
Available physical memory: 3854 Mb
Total page file memory: 16563 Mb
Available page file memory: 12705 Mb
Total virtual memory: 4095 Mb
Free virtual memory: 2685 Mb

CLA is saying this every time:
[Exception info]
date: 2012-02-05
time: 11.58.09
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
address: 0x00d229f5 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x009219f5

Can anyone tell me what I am screwing up? I have been fighting with this for a week now.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: Crashing to Desktop Help?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 05, 22:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't you just the fucking special one, obviously your Google powers are not strong if you felt you needed to start a new thread.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Jessjess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 05, 23:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aren't you just the fucking special one, obviously your Google powers are not strong if you felt you needed to start a new thread.

Yeah, maybe my google skillz do suck, but I have tried everything I could possibly find about this. Everything I DID find that had a solution, did not work for me. (ie adding to DEP, updating driver, starting new neighbourhood, removing all custom content, patching, etcetera)

If you have come across any additional information, please send me in the right direction.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 05, 23:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I screwed up and cracked my game.
You didn't crack it again without thinking about it, did you? Cracked .exes are bad news bears.

Flowing with the go.
Jessjess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 05, 23:30:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I screwed up and cracked my game.
You didn't crack it again without thinking about it, did you? Cracked .exes are bad news bears.

No. I made sure not to crack it this time. I am just using Awesomemod's no cd function. (Last time my girlfriend installed it for me while I was at work and cracked it.)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 06, 02:31:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running in admin mode?

Jessjess
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2012 February 06, 16:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried running in admin. Lasted almost forty five minutes this time. Still CtDed. Sad
angelic
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012 February 11, 23:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try:
- Disabling Internet before you play
- Disabling antivirus/firewall

I have the same problem and this lets me play for a while as long as I don't do anything crazy.
Also with the DEP you might want to just check the "Enable for Windows products and services only" box instead, it works better for me.
Callista
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012 February 19, 20:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem, and the same CLA message--"corrupted save game"--which happens even when I am using a new 'hood.

It still happens if I remove all CC except for AwesomeMod. I'll try it without AM, once I dig up my game disc.

ETA: I found that if you disable story mode on AwesomeMod, the crashes stop happening (a sim week now and counting). Have added back in my other CC and it still works fine. I keep the CC down to a pretty low level, though.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 23, 15:05:12 by Callista » Logged

Officially Weird
ItchyNScratchy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012 February 23, 19:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Temp fix is to manually patch after a fresh reinstallation. Avoid the 1.29 patch. It's a lot of work, but it'll allow you to play.

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." ~Mark Twain
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012 February 23, 21:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop telling people to avoid patching, you fucking twit.  You're giving misinformation.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012 March 02, 18:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm I appear to be having the same problem as Callista.  I even copied over my saves to my bf's computer which has twice the ram of mine, and a different video card just to make sure it wasn't my system and the crashes were the same.  In addition to DEP, CC removal, & clearing cache files, I tried disconnecting from the web and turning off all background tasks - to no avail.  I get up to about 4 hours playing in when I start a fresh game, then it starts crashing and becomes 'corrupt' according to the CLA.  I even tried running without awesomemod, using only twallen's nocd but it didn't seem to change anything - my backup saves continued to become corrupt at around the same point with or without cc.  TBH though I couldn't be bothered to play a fresh game without awesome bc it does take a few hours at first to recreate the corruption.  I'm finally at the point where I am going to try a fresh game, non custom world, no cc no nothing and see what happens. 
One thing I am not looking forward to is remaking all my sims and apartments and whatnot.  So, I'm wondering if sims and lots that are saved to the bin (or exported) from a corrupted save will themselves be corrupted.  I don't want to try and start fresh only to import patient zero and go through the whole frustrating process again.  Anyone have any suggestions on the most stable way to backup my lots and sims?
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012 March 02, 18:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not letting me edit post?  Sorry for the double.
Anyhoo did some more poking around and saw this http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,21207.0.html which suggests using twallen's porter, but my game is capable of exporting lots and sims on its own so I'll go ahead and do that.  Seems like the consensus is that the sims and lots are not the issue and that doing so will be safe.  I plan on first removing all cc from the sims and houses before exporting to avoid baggage.  This should be horribly boring and likely unfruitful, but here I go anyway...
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012 March 12, 02:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the CTD is also happening to me due to "DasmX86Dll.dll not found"
Has anybody found some kind of fix for that? Please?
Thank you

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012 March 12, 16:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the CTD is also happening to me due to "DasmX86Dll.dll not found"
Has anybody found some kind of fix for that? Please?
Thank you

Dasmx86.dll is not why your game is crashing (read here). Try using the Crash Log Analyzer from ModTheSims.
Cathy
Blathering Buffoon

Heavy Sleper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012 March 13, 17:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. It helped a lot  Wink

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012 March 13, 23:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. It helped a lot  Wink

Cathy, we don't post 'thanks' posts here. It means people load a thread only to find you grimacing via a smiley. Next time, I will move your post to the 'Thanks, that was great' thread. If you must do something, press the thanks button.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: