More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:00:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Any way to salvage Sims from a corrupted town?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any way to salvage Sims from a corrupted town?  (Read 4829 times)
nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any way to salvage Sims from a corrupted town?
« on: 2012 February 04, 01:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My save has spontaneously corrupted, shown by the Crash Log Analyzer after a CTD. Is there any way to salvage the Sims from that town and move them to a fresh, corruption-free neighborhood without dooming it as well? Because I created all of the Sim families in my town one by one, and it'd suck to have to abandon them all. Is there any way to single out corrupted Sims? I was thinking that ErrorTrap might be a good indicator of corruption (i.e. if a sim keeps throwing errors, I should just nuke the household before moving my famblies) but I am probably wrong.

INF/TP
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Any way to salvage Sims from a corrupted town?
« Reply #1 on: 2012 February 04, 02:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you load it without it crashing? You can always save the sims to CAS if you can get into their houses.

I think Twallan has a mod [Porter?] that helps you move families into a new world with their relationships attached.

There are a few other things you can try, but it would depend how FUBAR that save has become.

nikkiforest
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012 February 04, 02:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It depends. Sometimes the save will crash within about 5 seconds of loading it, other times it won't crash at all. Sometimes I'll experience weird glitches after loading, other times I can play it normally. It varies.

INF/TP
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012 February 04, 06:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mod is Porter, yes, and it worked very well for me, but my save wasn't completely FUBAR yet when I used it. The good news, however, is that so far, my new save seems fine. I recommend a healthy dose of Awesome (mainly fixall) after using Porter though, just to be sure.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012 February 06, 04:03:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can hit pause fast enough, sometimes that will buy you time to export everybody, or at least it did for me. I had a wholly FUBAR'd game that crashed almost immediately whenever I tried to unpause it, but was perfectly willing to sit on my computer and mock me while paused. So I saved each Sim to CAS, loaded up a new world, and recreated all the relationships, career advancements, etc. with Nraas's Master Controller. I tried the Porter mod (which preserves the relationships), but it didn't work in my case--just made the new world crash. It probably just depends on what's screwed up.

I sing along with elevator music.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012 February 12, 05:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The player might be unable to pack the desired sims with Porter if the game itself is unable to perform a save-to-library operation. I had the unfortunate experience where editing the world and trying to save a copy of personalized houses/families failed repeatedly; Porter published a failure warning.

A solution is to perform the manual procedure of saving empty houses from World Editor and individual sims from any armoire (wardrobe?) as indicated in previous answers, resulting in fresh but ignorant and inexperienced characters.

On a tangential theme, why do worlds accumulate so many errors over time? Is it a lack of "clean-up & verify" software code or is this corruption simply impossible to prevent? As a builder, it is quite frustrating to see a personalized neighbourhood begin to fail after a couple of generations, and while I try to keep clean lot/family copies in the game's library, there will always be missing or outdated sims and lots.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: