More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:03:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370723 times)
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #425 on: 2013 January 19, 22:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I request a fix for outerwear, it is winter and NPC's are running around with only gloves as outerwear. Also could you add to AM to change out of formal wear the same as AM has for changing out of career outfits. If NPCs go to a LN bar that requires formal wear they spend the rest of the game in it, unless they change for work.

Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2013 January 21, 22:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy folks,

sorry for making yet another noobish post. So, I've started to play the Ambitions careers again recently, and it's all messed up. Especially the Ghost Hunter career, as "Sim ghosts" (those medieval and stone age dudes) don't spawn at all anymore, effectively ruining the entire career since they're ... simply not there. I've also noticed a bug in the Firefighter career where the game wants me to rescue invisible Sims.
Since these bugs seem to be present since Supernatural and EA hasn't bothered to fix them ... I thought I'd ask the nice folks at MATY if there's a fix?

Thanks,
Rocki

I would like to second this request. I encountered the ghost hunter bug yesterday and looked into it. Dozens of similar reports since Supernatural came out and no official fix yet.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2013 January 22, 21:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requesting a re-tuning of the new attraction system. I want it to be more logical and selective, although I don't know how feasible some of these ideas are. There's already a similar mod available at MTS, which is fairly extensive, but the attraction scoring for that mod is too arbitrary. (Here's the mod if anyone's interested: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102)

Anyway, here are some ideas of what the retuned attraction system could incorporate:

• Opposites Attract: Sims with incompatible traits will be attracted to each other -- this is the main thing I'd like implemented, because it's already far too easy for trait-compatible sims to strike up a relationship, whereas sims who are incompatible take forever to get anywhere. The attraction system could be useful for balancing this out. And it could lead to interesting households, instead of just families with homogenized traits.
  • Body Types: Sims are more likely to be attracted to sims with the same body type
  • Lifetime Rewards: Sims with the 'Attractive' or 'Eye candy' LTR will be more likely to attract other sims
  • Interests: Sims are more likely to be attracted to each other if they have the same favourite music genre / food / colour
  • Tattoos/Accessories: Sims with tattoos, or sims who wear glasses, will be attracted to other sims who do the same (or the opposite could be true)
  • Skills: Sims with high proficiency in a skill (i.e. => 7 bars) will be attracted to other sims with the same proficiency
  • Moodlets: Having certain moodlets could contribute to attraction (e.g. Minty Breath, Attractive, In the Mood, Love is in the Air)...
  • Reputations: Having certain reputations could affect your chances of being attracted. (No effect for faithful reputations, positive chance for experienced reputations, negative chance for betrayal reputations)
  • Facial Hair: No idea how this could be implemented, since TS3 lacks a "turn-on" system, but it'd be nice if some sims could be attracted to sims with facial hair
  • Celebrity Status: High-ranking celebrity sims will be attracted to other high-ranking celebrities.
  • Age range: Sims will be more attracted to sims in their age range (YA-YA, A-A, etc). Alternatively there can be age discrimination, and sims will be more attracted to Young Adults than any other age

That's all I can think of for now.  Tongue

I'd add to this a request for a way to have a sim opt out of the attraction system altogether. A new 'Repulsive' trait seems like a logical way to do that.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2013 January 23, 12:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to second this request. I encountered the ghost hunter bug yesterday and looked into it. Dozens of similar reports since Supernatural came out and no official fix yet.
Thirding.
Professions seem to be the forgotten stepchild of the game.  So much is fucked up and nothing is being fixed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2013 January 23, 20:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thirding.
Professions seem to be the forgotten stepchild of the game.  So much is fucked up and nothing is being fixed.

Probably because EAxis don't know how to fix it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2013 January 25, 04:17:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Hituro in this thread, EA wasn't even aware of the bug until two weeks ago. I don't know who he is, but it wouldn't surprise me for his claim to be true.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2013 January 25, 14:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the threads I've read, it's been reported several times, and each time EA acted like it was the first they'd heard of it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2013 January 26, 08:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another vote for the fixing of the ghost hunter profession. How they can let that go for half a year without addressing it is beyond irresponsible.

Also, I am interested in using this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=470349&c=1&ht=0&page=3&pp=25#startcomments, but as it's not compatible with the Awesome, there's just no way.
Is there a possibility for an incorporation of compatibility?
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2013 January 27, 19:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another vote for the fixing of the ghost hunter profession.

AOL! AOL!

(Oh dear. Showing my age, I guess. That means "me too", from the mists of Ye Olde Internets 1.0)
ivegothulk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2013 February 01, 00:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to create one-way relationships between sims?  It seems crazy that there are no crushes on disinterested sims or misguided, unlucky sims who count someone as a best friend while the other sim thinks of them merely as an acquaintance.  I understand that this may be a huge undertaking, but it certainly would add a new dimension to gameplay.

Also, I can't be the only one who desperately wishes for the ability to select the day of the week or skip ahead by an hour/change time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2013 February 01, 02:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alas, no. One-way relationships ala TS2 appear to have been lost in the dumbening down.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2013 February 06, 18:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better handling of umbrellas?  My Firefighter was trying to put out a fire, but kept getting out his damn umbrella because it was raining.  He looks like a retard running around with an umbrella when he should be putting out fires.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2013 February 06, 20:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it seems both intentional and stupid that supernatural sims cannot use the "Spin With..." interaction on roller rinks and ice skate rinks but witches (at the least) can do the interaction autonomously, would this be something AM can address?  I understand that a sim that can float or vampire-speed around aren't going to bother learning the skating skills of lesser mortals, but we should be able to command witches to do all the same skating interactions that human sims can.  It would amuse me for vampire and fairy sims to have to put their skate shoes on and fumble around like lesser mortals if they wanted to skate with someone though.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2013 February 14, 22:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, my Investigator just had to abandon all dignity and question a horse about a stolen car.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2013 February 15, 05:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, my Investigator just had to abandon all dignity and question a horse about a stolen car.

Maybe he thought the horse was one of the ones from under the hood?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2013 February 15, 11:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprisingly she managed to get some information out of it.  It took a couple of tries before the horse did some of that freaky body origami, and spilled the beans.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2013 February 15, 22:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surprisingly she managed to get some information out of it.  It took a couple of tries before the horse did some of that freaky body origami, and spilled the beans.

Seems I recall that being able to get information out of horses is intended Awesome behavior, given that sometimes investigators have to question them.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2013 February 21, 19:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, currently, AM ignores anything to do with the official population demographic options that were introduced with Supernatural overriding them with a "don't create any creatures at all" type rule.
I would like to request that since we now have these options available to us, that AM take note of them and react accordingly. That way, if players using AM don't want any supernatural creatures then they can simply untick all the options. If I want certain creatures such as vampires and werewolves to to be created by the game then I can do so by checking the relevant options.
As we have these options in game now I don't see why it would be unreasonable to ask that AM actually takes those settings into account.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2013 February 22, 05:00:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The official population demographic options are a function of EAxian story progression. If you are using AwesomeStory, EAxian Story Progression "demographics" don't exist, as AwesomeStory does not use demographics: It simply runs it as a simulation, and you get what you get. There is no hamfisted railroad attempt to enforce a specific distribution. Since the mechanism which does this is simply not present in AwesomeMod and never will be, the EAxian demographic options don't apply.

Thus, no one just spontaneously becomes so: They have to become so as a result of action that occurs in-game. As for whether I should include such behavior into AwesomeStory, if I ever find it necessary to actually do so, it will, of course, follow the options set in your game, just as Story Progression on/off does, because I don't really care for creating redundant and clunky controls when I can integrate with the existing options.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2013 February 22, 22:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tiny annoyance: Could awesomemod do something to prevent normal, sensible sims from pulling a drum set out of their ass in the bedroom and start playing, waking up their spouse?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2013 February 23, 07:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do your sims even HAVE a drumset in their ass, and how do they even FIT it in the standard 6x4 bedroom? In any event, removing the autonomy from an item is usually an XML thing and falls outside of AwesomeMod's scope.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2013 February 23, 11:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twoftmama has musical instruments as a non-autonomous object by instrument.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Baronetess
snowyrat
Asinine Airhead

Save the kittun!

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2013 February 23, 19:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to see some information about the books *before* pulling them out of the shelf (or ass/shop). The page count would be my topmost interest, but maybe also the Genre (it is not always obvious by foreign books) and of course whether the active Sim has already read it (at least "reread" appearing already in the command queue icon, not post factum, allowing one to cancel the command in time). Maybe it's not possible to display this info in a Buy-mode style, but what about when hovering over the relevant command row icon, or by some other, more elegant solution?

Another thing wished since ever: an option to prevent all monetary extra-bonuses and rewards (at work, by opportunities etc.), or to scale their percentage. In fact any and every option that'd add at least some financial challenge to the game would be greatly appreciated. (I know how to pulverise the money fast and ongoingly through Object - Delete It, but I'm not sure if this doesn't produce crap to the game, and anyway, after a while it starts to taste so... hypocrite. I want to be really poor with no prospects!)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2013 February 24, 20:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really want the autonomy removed, just in bedrooms.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
EsotericPolarBear
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2013 March 08, 03:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will SC be updated for the new (oldnew?) skills and professions?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: