More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:41:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod Request Thread
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod Request Thread  (Read 370834 times)
IAmCat
Asinine Airhead

"What the deuce?!"

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request: Umbrellas do not degrade
« Reply #400 on: 2012 December 07, 00:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umbrellas are driving me nuts.
I second this. I'd like it to be optional that umbrellas degrade at all. My sims wash their one set of clothing daily without ill effect, why should their umbrellas rot within two days? At worst it should only be a consequence of hurricane winds or something.
It would be nice to have that incorporated into AM, but in case Pescado doesn't want to add something that can be handled with a tiny XML mod, this should do what you're looking for.

Thank you, bitterquill. I will try that. I am of course always leery of stray mods and would prefer that there "be only One", but I'm game. I don't ever know how big or small things are to change, and I don't want to create mod conflicts.

~Cat

I am but a lowly private in this army of disillusioned miscreants.
Edana ni Emer
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod Request Thread
« Reply #401 on: 2012 December 07, 17:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love it if only inappropriate and insane sims had the indecency to call up married sims to ask them on a date.  Or maybe only do so if the sim in question already has a slutty reputation.

Agreed, this is driving me nuts.

And maybe not have Sims in relationships call up for dates and then be "Oh! You flirted with me! How dare you flirt with me on the date I asked you for! I will clutch my pearls, call you a cad, and slap your face!"
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 2012 December 10, 20:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to to request some examination be given to the Ghost Hunter job completion code. I'm not talking about the broken Ghostly Presence and Ghostly Invasion jobs (that's already well known) -- what I mean is that, in my case, I did a simple XML tweak to cause my ghost hunter to receive more jobs per night; I figured a high ranking ghost hunter should be in demand, and get more jobs than some nobody just starting out, so I changed the number of jobs to go from 1-3 at rank 1, to 3-5 jobs at max rank, per night.

Anyway, after doing this, my ghost hunter suddenly became very successful at completing spirit invasion and poltergeist jobs -- a little too successful. Or in other words, if I had to capture, say, 5 spirits for a particular job, capturing one would cause the tally to go from "0/5" to "2/5" (or "3/5", "4/5", or even complete the job entirely). It looks like something (probably the ticket drawing) is somehow interacting with the tallying, since every successive night I get jobs, the number by which the tally increments is prone to increase -- so if every job gives me two points for every captured spirit, the next night I'll get either two points, or some value greater than two -- but it will never, in my experience, go back to one.

Anyway, I'd like it if the Ghost Hunter profession can get some attention, and maybe even fix the Ghostly <Noun> jobs as well, if that's possible.

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 2012 December 11, 07:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

req: no inactive parties

According to Twoftmama the seasonal parties cannot be stopped with an xml mod (I think you need to be a member to view the link) http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/858-no-inactive-parties-v3-updated-october-23-2011/page__hl__inactive. I would like to beg grovel and plead for something that stops the bloody inactive parties. Or, if you refuse the stupid invitation, at least makes it so that you don't get a later message telling you about how much they all missed you when you didn't go.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
The Dashing Wario
Asinine Airhead

Walking talking birth control ad

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 2012 December 11, 14:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My town is covered with leaves in the middle of spring and after looking around all I can find is more people bellyaching about the same damn problem. Any chance of tweaking to make leaves autonuke at the end of Fall or at least a code to destroy all leaves in a town at once or something?
Soltis
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: 2012 December 12, 03:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, if you refuse the stupid invitation, at least makes it so that you don't get a later message telling you about how much they all missed you when you didn't go.

This. A thousand times, this. RSVP => nr=nty

"Of course I had to pay my mother up-front for breast-feeding, but what the hell, I was in highschool at the time." --Simon Travaglia
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: 2012 December 12, 22:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be nice to have that incorporated into AM, but in case Pescado doesn't want to add something that can be handled with a tiny XML mod, this should do what you're looking for.

I, like IAmCat, prefer not to add lots of hacks to my game, which is buggy enough as it is. However, I did try to follow your link, and I also googled "editsim no more broken umbrellas" as well as a few other phrases, and I'm guessing... tumbr is down? I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

INTP.
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: 2012 December 12, 23:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I, like IAmCat, prefer not to add lots of hacks to my game, which is buggy enough as it is. However, I did try to follow your link, and I also googled "editsim no more broken umbrellas" as well as a few other phrases, and I'm guessing... tumbr is down? I'll try again tomorrow I guess.

Yes, tumblr is down. Thanks for this utterly fascinating insight.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: 2012 December 13, 00:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, tumblr is down. Thanks for this utterly fascinating insight.

You're welcome.

INTP.
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: 2012 December 13, 21:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your google-fu is rusty. More general searches are likely to get more results. MTS has two different styles of umbrella mods on their very first page.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: 2012 December 13, 22:03:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like supernaturals and simbots to skate like humans, on roller skates, instead of flying around in circles like morons.
I'd settle for "no autonomous supernatural & simbot skating".
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: 2012 December 13, 22:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your google-fu is rusty. More general searches are likely to get more results. MTS has two different styles of umbrella mods on their very first page.

Yeah, not surprising that this tard can't google. It's too stupid to know how to use computer. I'm actually surprised that it can get the game to run at all.

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: 2013 January 04, 00:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Requesting a re-tuning of the new attraction system. I want it to be more logical and selective, although I don't know how feasible some of these ideas are. There's already a similar mod available at MTS, which is fairly extensive, but the attraction scoring for that mod is too arbitrary. (Here's the mod if anyone's interested: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=492102)

Anyway, here are some ideas of what the retuned attraction system could incorporate:

• Opposites Attract: Sims with incompatible traits will be attracted to each other -- this is the main thing I'd like implemented, because it's already far too easy for trait-compatible sims to strike up a relationship, whereas sims who are incompatible take forever to get anywhere. The attraction system could be useful for balancing this out. And it could lead to interesting households, instead of just families with homogenized traits.
  • Body Types: Sims are more likely to be attracted to sims with the same body type
  • Lifetime Rewards: Sims with the 'Attractive' or 'Eye candy' LTR will be more likely to attract other sims
  • Interests: Sims are more likely to be attracted to each other if they have the same favourite music genre / food / colour
  • Tattoos/Accessories: Sims with tattoos, or sims who wear glasses, will be attracted to other sims who do the same (or the opposite could be true)
  • Skills: Sims with high proficiency in a skill (i.e. => 7 bars) will be attracted to other sims with the same proficiency
  • Moodlets: Having certain moodlets could contribute to attraction (e.g. Minty Breath, Attractive, In the Mood, Love is in the Air)...
  • Reputations: Having certain reputations could affect your chances of being attracted. (No effect for faithful reputations, positive chance for experienced reputations, negative chance for betrayal reputations)
  • Facial Hair: No idea how this could be implemented, since TS3 lacks a "turn-on" system, but it'd be nice if some sims could be attracted to sims with facial hair
  • Celebrity Status: High-ranking celebrity sims will be attracted to other high-ranking celebrities.
  • Age range: Sims will be more attracted to sims in their age range (YA-YA, A-A, etc). Alternatively there can be age discrimination, and sims will be more attracted to Young Adults than any other age

That's all I can think of for now.  Tongue
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: 2013 January 04, 02:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"React to wet dog" or whatever the action is called is queue-stomping. For example, I had a Sim I instructed to upgrade the TV, and he kept canceling the action to react to his wet dog, who had just come in from the rain. I would love a fix for this.
The "Ark Builder" LTW still seems to be borked, as collecting all the fauna and putting them in cages will not register that the requirements are fulfilled, so a fix or an explanation for what the game is looking for would be great, so I could check to see what I might have done wrong.

I would also like unbroken umbrellas to be part of AM, but for now I will use the mod previously cited.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Konork
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: 2013 January 10, 06:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you take a look at the Formalize autonomous action used by the Proper trait? It looks like it tends to override outerwear, and I'm pretty sure I've had a situation where a sim who was standing outside kept switching between formal wear and outerwear until I made him go inside
socks
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: 2013 January 10, 09:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A fix for planting Trees in Game with the World Editor would be nice. I don't want to have to use CAW just to exchange some stupid Trees in my Neighborhood.

The problem is that the Trees don't 'plant' into the ground, but rather they seem to stand on the very base of the mesh which looks ridiculous.

A picture of what I mean because it's hard to explain:

http://i.imgur.com/RTzKz.jpg
Quijotesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: 2013 January 12, 20:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish all bars could function as professional bars. EA gives you all these bars and only two that will spawn bartenders. It's annoying.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: 2013 January 13, 00:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish all bars could function as professional bars. EA gives you all these bars and only two that will spawn bartenders. It's annoying.

The professional bars use different, larger meshes than the regular bars.  It's not just a matter of flagging regular bars for professional functions.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Olechka
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: 2013 January 13, 18:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I would like Awesome to have a NRaas MasterController feature (which I'm not using) to show more levels of Family Tree!

And one more thing: is it possible to stop Pet Adoption system (again... NRaas Overwatch)... you know, random house with random pets?!?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: 2013 January 14, 23:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I would like Awesome to have a NRaas MasterController feature (which I'm not using) to show more levels of Family Tree!

And one more thing: is it possible to stop Pet Adoption system (again... NRaas Overwatch)... you know, random house with random pets?!?

Why don't you just use the nrass mods?  They work just fine with AM, plus Pescado has always said he won't add anything to AM that is provided by someone else, unless it is something HE specifically wants.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 2013 January 15, 21:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am only posting a small issue I've noticed that seems like some bad coding that idk if awesomemod would fix. I have found little info on the webs about it myself.

If there is any dead animal in a terrarium when my witch casts Restoration Ritual they bug out and become uncleanable/unstockable and remain a tomb of that dead animal that sims will continue to mourn untill I delete it.

Thanks anyway !
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #421 on: 2013 January 19, 08:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way with AM to give every townie an umbrella without buying them and handing them out individually?
Most townies start with an umbrella in their inventories when you start a new game. AM deletes these. The consequence of this is that whenever it rains most of the town's residents will immediately start to run and then go home, effectively emptying all community lots of Sims and sometimes preventing Sims from going to work, because the "Go Inside" command seems to override any other autonomous action. A townie with an umbrella, on the other hand, will most likely stay where it is and not run around as if the end was near, something I like better.
Same with Service NPCs. They should have an umbrella, too. NPCs like maids without an umbrella sometimes refuse to come to my lot when it rains.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 2013 January 19, 10:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

vorpal I moved your post here and have notified Pescado in #grah. Hopefully he can make an exception, in the Hand of God thingy, for umbrellas. Don't suppose there's any way to retro-fit umbrellas though.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 2013 January 19, 10:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod does not remove the umbrellas. However, AwesomeMod prohibits free handouts, since this results in an endless rain of free money. Not to mention an annoying number of random books , newspapers, expensive instruments, and soforth that they then annoyingly whip out at every occasion.

However, the NPC maid issue will be noted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 2013 January 19, 21:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howdy folks,

sorry for making yet another noobish post. So, I've started to play the Ambitions careers again recently, and it's all messed up. Especially the Ghost Hunter career, as "Sim ghosts" (those medieval and stone age dudes) don't spawn at all anymore, effectively ruining the entire career since they're ... simply not there. I've also noticed a bug in the Firefighter career where the game wants me to rescue invisible Sims.
Since these bugs seem to be present since Supernatural and EA hasn't bothered to fix them ... I thought I'd ask the nice folks at MATY if there's a fix?

Thanks,
Rocki

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: