More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:14:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread  (Read 112055 times)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: Sims 3 Pets- Whats borked thread
« Reply #150 on: 2012 January 08, 21:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ErrorTrap is a core mod.
Awesomemod is a core mod.
Do you see a problem there?
The Highlander rule doesn't apply if the mods modify different files.  ErrorTrap and Awesomemod should play nice without causing too much trouble.
Pescado has already confirmed as much. He will accept errortrap logs of AM errors.
Please STFU Yzisme Jizzme, it's poor form to give out bad info around here.

Yzisme
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2012 January 08, 22:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fail again. Insults accepted. Sorry 'bout that.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2012 January 09, 17:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I do have the latest AM installed, I don't think this is AM-related.

The thumbnails for the juice bars are borked. The preview thumbnails display the last bar stool clicked on instead of the juice bar recolors. I exited, cleared all caches, and re-started. When clicking on the juice bars, the thumbnails and information (environment score, etc.) were blank. I clicked on a bar stool and then clicked on a juice bar again, and the bar stool thumbnails appeared again.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2012 January 09, 18:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same "key to the city" ceremony problem as mentioned here:
My sim get [sic] the "key to the city" ceremony, he goes to City Hall and the mayor appears, then a pathfinding bubble also appears and the ceremony ends. No key.

Edit: I should have included a description of the error rather than just a link. Also, the ceremony doesn't "end" so much as the mayor disappears before any interaction can begin.
« Last Edit: 2012 January 10, 18:12:07 by Eeyore » Logged

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2012 January 13, 06:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something else I noticed was that in my custom neighborhood, that was fixed for pets, has no random little animals on the land, and all wild animals are not interact-able. I did "Watch Horse" or "Watch Deer" about 20 times and I still couldn't pet the damn thing.

Fifteen bucks, little man, put that shit, in my hand, nog nog noganoga nognog.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012 January 13, 14:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to place spawners for the new small animals to show up in a custom hood.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2012 January 13, 16:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where might I find those? ^

& anybody else have the Wild Animals problem?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012 January 13, 17:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to use a cheat to enable Buy/Debug, then select the "?" category in Build/Buy.  All the spawners are available there.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2012 January 13, 20:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small animals show up near gem/mineral spawners, too, but not as often as their own. At least, that's how it works in EA worlds, considering there was a bird outside my sim's house every now and then in Hidden Springs. As for the wild animals, usually you need to "watch" them until your sim reaches a certain friendship threshold and then they can interact more. Or maybe that's just how you get successful interactions. I haven't messed with wild animals lately.

Flowing with the go.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2012 January 13, 20:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The strange thing is, I even cheated a little to see if there was an actual problem and made them best friend using testingcheats and the horse still shit a brick when I tried to pet it. So I think there's an interaction problem in my system, wouldn't surprise me.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2012 January 13, 22:20:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I cheated and befriended a stray dog, which then borked my family selection - basically everytime I selected the new dog it didn't deselect properly when I selected a different family member - until I changed families completely and came back to that family.

I think it's also borked that you cannot offer an adult dog to another Sim, only puppies, but I know that's by design (even if it is a foolish design).

As far as befriending wild animals - I want to know how you find the horse (or whatever) again to make more overtures. One of my Sims was making inroads towards friendship and then the horse never came back.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2012 January 14, 02:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The strange thing is, I even cheated a little to see if there was an actual problem and made them best friend using testingcheats and the horse still shit a brick when I tried to pet it. So I think there's an interaction problem in my system, wouldn't surprise me.
I'm starting to think all of your problems stem from your ridiculous amounts of CC and inability to troubleshoot.

Flowing with the go.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2012 January 14, 02:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as befriending wild animals - I want to know how you find the horse (or whatever) again to make more overtures. One of my Sims was making inroads towards friendship and then the horse never came back.
If you use AM, radar tag it; you can do this from the relationships panel in the UI. This way you can tell for sure whether it has disappeared altogether or is just somewhere else in the neighborhood.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2012 January 14, 03:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think all of your problems stem from your ridiculous amounts of CC and inability to troubleshoot.

You're probably right. I have about 400+ items of CC and I just don't think it's capable of handling that many .package files. Would CC through the launcher cause less problems you think?

Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2012 January 15, 19:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably right. I have about 400+ items of CC and I just don't think it's capable of handling that many .package files. Would CC through the launcher cause less problems you think?

1. FEWER, not less. Grammar Cat has his eye on you.
2. If your CC is from the Store, and you didn't pay for it, I'd love to see you try to install it through the launcher. Decrapping requires a desire to READ MOAR and follow
    instructions.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2012 January 15, 21:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, it wasn't Store items. It was just custom items in the sims3pack format.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2012 January 16, 01:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You either have a shitty computer or you fail, since I have 1050 files and 5.5gb of CC without any real issues.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2012 January 16, 02:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You either have a shitty computer or you fail, since I have 1050 files and 5.5gb of CC without any real issues.
Well, she does have a Mac.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
ohayitstiffanay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2012 January 16, 22:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a shitty Mac that I regret buying everyday of my life and I'm in the process of selling it.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2012 January 16, 23:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shitty Mac that I regret buying everyday of my life

Use that in the advertisement.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2012 January 17, 01:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

shitty Mac that I regret buying everyday of my life

Use that in the advertisement.
This ^ made me laff.

Being a happy Mac user (and a rather light gamer) I am not especially computer literate; I am also untroubled by this fact. However, having just switched my Sims 3 to Windoze 7 I must say I am pleased. The game runs much, MUCH faster and more smoothly (I suppose the two are connected). The trade-off, though, is that to install, patch, add any kind of content or mod, and to simply play the game is much, MUCH buggier. Learning how to manage the game to avoid or fix the increased bugginess is not that difficult and definitely worth the improvement in gameplay.

*Begin Stating the Obvious*

The Sims 3 troubleshooting involves two things: 1. Searching the Internet for credible information and 2. A process of elimination. Although it can be frustrating, it is not difficult. Typical MATYians do their own troubleshooting and only share new or unusual problems. If one does not see how this is a good thing, one would do best to avoid this forum.

*End Stating the Obvious*

And lastly, each iteration of Windows seems to become more Mac-like in features and interface (if not in the more elemental programming, about which I know little). Windows 7 is the first version of MS OS I've really liked since its departure from the DOS prompt. I loathed Windows XP. Although I understand it was one of the more stable versions of Windows, I still found it buggy, cumbersome, and limiting. It was like navigating a nonsensical maze made up of cheap, plastic children's furniture with rounded corners and primary colors. I used it only for games. If I continue to be impressed with Windows 7 and/or future MS releases (and it's early days yet), I may switch back to a PC with my next computer purchase. If the only significant choice left is security vs. the ability to swap out components, a PC would easily come out to be the winner.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2012 January 17, 02:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was like navigating a nonsensical maze made up of cheap, plastic children's furniture with rounded corners and primary colors.

See, that's how the MAC appears to me. I think this may be more a case of familiarity with one's own system. To me, the MAC gave away a lot of instant functionality so as to look good. One of the things I dislike about Windoze 7 is the increased likeness to the MAC and how getting in to do real tweaking is now buried several layers deeper than in XP. It feels like being wrapped in rainbow cottonwool and being protected from my own hardware.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2012 January 17, 02:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was like navigating a nonsensical maze made up of cheap, plastic children's furniture with rounded corners and primary colors.

See, that's how the MAC appears to me. I think this may be more a case of familiarity with one's own system. To me, the MAC gave away a lot of instant functionality so as to look good. One of the things I dislike about Windoze 7 is the increased likeness to the MAC and how getting in to do real tweaking is now buried several layers deeper than in XP. It feels like being wrapped in rainbow cottonwool and being protected from my own hardware.
I agree with this. I'm rather familiar with both Mac and Windoze, but I've always preferred Windoze. I still use XP because Vista was much too similar to a Mac (not to mention all the problems it turned out to have). I'm considering upgrading to 7, but don't like the idea of having to dig deep into my own system to do the things I would like to do with it. Unfortunately, I feel Windoze is dumbing down their software in order to appeal to a larger audience.

Flowing with the go.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2012 January 17, 02:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with this. I'm rather familiar with both Mac and Windoze, but I've always preferred Windoze. I still use XP because Vista was much too similar to a Mac (not to mention all the problems it turned out to have). I'm considering upgrading to 7, but don't like the idea of having to dig deep into my own system to do the things I would like to do with it. Unfortunately, I feel Windoze is dumbing down their software in order to appeal to a larger audience.
If you're an average user and don't need to delve into the depths of the system, Windoze 7 is just fine.  I don't think I've ever fought with Win7 (unlike XP).

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2012 January 17, 05:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried enabling GodMode, witch?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: