More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:32:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207173 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #325 on: 2011 June 13, 21:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only Twallan mods I have are Overwatch and Decensor.  I have Buzzler's Dig Site Fixer and Same Energy Gain for All Beds.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #326 on: 2011 June 14, 00:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not getting an aging bug.  My sims are aging up at the rates I specified in game options.  Could it be tight pants?

My only mods are AM, assorted Twallan (SP, overwatch, register, careers, master controller) and Buzzler birth control mirror.  The statement by Pescado here : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18136.msg574415.html#msg574415 seems to suggest it might be Twallan SP (unless I'm really misunderstanding it) but others in this thread say they aren't using Twallan SP.  Curious.  

You are grossly misunderstanding it. I don't have the aging bug. I did have a hiccup in my game when two playables aged up at once and story progression tried to fix the hiccup. Awesomemod complained. I posted the error report for both pes & twallan not knowing whose mod was responsible. Story progression will eventually get a rewrite in that area to fix the issue awesomemod didn't like.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 14, 02:56:10 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2011 June 14, 09:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one of the teens maxing his sculpting skill.
After breakfast I make him sculpt and when the school bus arrives he finishes the sculpture instantly even if he just began  30 in-game min before.

Did someone else notice this ?

Yes. I wonder if it makes any difference that my insta-sculpting teen had raised sculpting a lot as a kid, making sandcastles, or it affects all teens.
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2011 June 14, 10:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have one of the teens maxing his sculpting skill.
After breakfast I make him sculpt and when the school bus arrives he finishes the sculpture instantly even if he just began  30 in-game min before.

Did someone else notice this ?

Yes. I wonder if it makes any difference that my insta-sculpting teen had raised sculpting a lot as a kid, making sandcastles, or it affects all teens.

Mine didn't make any sandcastle. I didn't even know he could raise sculpting like that : good to know !

But he had his first skillpoints with the after school activities. He already was a teen though not a child so I'm not sure it's the same.

Also it seems it's only when the school bus arrives that it happens, not when you cancel the sculpting action on the queue for another reason.

Now my teen is grown up so I'll try making him sculpt before the carpool arrives to see if it happens with work as it did with school.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2011 June 14, 17:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like sims with the daredevil trait can slide down the railing on the spiral staircase. I play daredevils so rarely that I don't remember if that was also possible with the regular staircase before.

ETA: It's actually all teenagers who can slide down, not related to traits, after all.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 14, 17:53:10 by IgnorantBliss » Logged

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Wyn
Dimwitted Dunce

ENFJ. whupz.

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2011 June 14, 21:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like sims with the daredevil trait can slide down the railing on the spiral staircase. I play daredevils so rarely that I don't remember if that was also possible with the regular staircase before.

ETA: It's actually all teenagers who can slide down, not related to traits, after all.
Childish adults can, as well.

<Kewian> I was desperate.
Silly Wyn!  He fucks the farm animals, they don't fuck him!  That would just be weird!
Pelasope
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2011 June 14, 22:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are grossly misunderstanding it. I don't have the aging bug. I did have a hiccup in my game when two playables aged up at once and story progression tried to fix the hiccup. Awesomemod complained. I posted the error report for both pes & twallan not knowing whose mod was responsible. Story progression will eventually get a rewrite in that area to fix the issue awesomemod didn't like.

Yes, I know you didn't have the aging bug - Pescado seems to indicate there that Twallan SP plays a more active role in aging up sims than might be expected, which may have implications beyond your particular bug.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 2011 June 15, 00:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not certain he's right about that, if that is what he's implying. At least no more so than AwesomeStory does, comparing both around the time I did the switch-over. To my knowledge SP hasn't really changed in that functionality. It's more about using what's already in game in part of the background of your game, same as Awesome. At any rate, aging has changed in a big way in Gen, so perhaps it's more that the game now requires a different approach.

Speaking of the aging bug - my observation is that it appears that people who have played around with the new aging settings aren't having the aging bug, but those sticking to their favourite aging hacks are having issues. I'm not by any means suggesting that the aging hacks themselves are broken, however it might be an idea to move the aging sliders around (and just pop them back to normal) then save changes & see if that helps resolve any aging issues. I'd love to know if my observation is circumstantial, correlatory or has basis in fact. Actually, it might be better to do a show of hands & see if my observation is made of fail. So, if you've played with the aging sliders & are still having the issue, you're encouraged to tell me so in the most obnoxious manner possible (prize for the winner).

Daimon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2011 June 15, 09:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed last night that a couple of toddlers from other households that I never touched aged instantly to young adults. I have played around with the age settings in the game, and I use no other aging hacks than what comes with AM (test version).
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2011 June 15, 15:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of Twallan's Overwatch, it's been recently updated again to version 29.  Apparently version 28 was causing borked famblies upon return from a vacation world.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2011 June 16, 02:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have lost my clouds. I've been playing for a couple weeks now after an extended break and suddenly realized there is never a single cloud in the sky. I used to get them all the time, although I can't remember how long ago that was. I've tested it without mods and I haven't messed with any INI files since reinstalling a couple months back. Anyone else not getting any partly cloudy days anymore?
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: 2011 June 16, 02:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed last night that a couple of toddlers from other households that I never touched aged instantly to young adults. I have played around with the age settings in the game, and I use no other aging hacks than what comes with AM (test version).

Interesting. Well, there goes my theory. I guess it must be random dumb luck as to whether or not you get the aging bug.

dramiett
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2011 June 17, 03:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone with no mods at all getting a swarm of meteors?  I'm open to the cause being mod conflict but I don't use the mod previously fingered as the culprit (only running Twallan mods at the moment), and even adding in a "no meteors" mod I still got a hit on my active family last night.  The dead are piling up in a pretty inconvenient manner for a closed neighborhood.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2011 June 17, 04:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That mod previously fingered is not the culprit.  I've never had it, and I had a problem with it. Remove Twallan's mods and see if you still get them...if you do, then one of them is outdated at least.
bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2011 June 17, 14:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else noticing that when they buy large items on vacation those items don't go into the family inventory as before? I'm missing nectar makers, treasure chests, etc.
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2011 June 17, 14:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Newborn sims getting party invites and getting gifts.  Very strange.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 2011 June 17, 17:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone with no mods at all getting a swarm of meteors?  I'm open to the cause being mod conflict but I don't use the mod previously fingered as the culprit (only running Twallan mods at the moment), and even adding in a "no meteors" mod I still got a hit on my active family last night.  The dead are piling up in a pretty inconvenient manner for a closed neighborhood.

I've been playing mod free for many sim weeks and have not seen a single meteor strike. Now I kind of want to have one.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
sheep_plushi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2011 June 17, 17:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else tried inviting over a sim and asking them to woohoo in the shower? Afterwards my sim gets pissed and lectures the guest for behaving rudely and even gets the debuff of a guest acting inappropriately. It's not major but it is amusing.

I park on your car.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2011 June 17, 20:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you can avoid that if you ask them to spend the night.  That flags all objects for "appropriate" guest use.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2011 June 17, 21:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else noticing that when they buy large items on vacation those items don't go into the family inventory as before? I'm missing nectar makers, treasure chests, etc.

Has been mentioned before with a few people seeing the problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2011 June 20, 18:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I need to play a few more generations of teenagers because the boarding school/graduation thing doesn't really make that much sense. I sent a teen to one of the boarding schools and he randomly came back one day, unannounced. That night, I got a message saying "That concludes the dance, make sure your teen goes straight home so they don't get into trouble with the police. Check your inventory for photos." Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember getting any notifications of a dance. Anyway, so he missed it, and he's been home for a few days now. He's 5 days away from aging, so why he's still home, I don't understand.

Also, it would make more sense to hold graduation on the last day of the teenage life, instead of after becoming a YA. The only plus was the entire family got a paid day off.

Ugh, another useless EP.

Just had the same thing happen to me with a set of sims both brother and sister.  Both came back or showed up at home from separate boarding schools to go supposedly to prom.  They went but afterwards they did not go back to their boarding schools, even though they have both grown up they do not have diplomas even though they should have.  The problem I am now having is that because they grew up and do not have diplomas, they can not get a job so they are pretty much useless in that department.  Anyone know of a way to fix this or give them a diploma?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2011 June 20, 18:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole dance thing does seem glitchy. I had two teenaged Sims suddenly return home in their formalwear. I didn't get any kind of notification about a dance, but I'm not sure what other reasons there could be for the clothing. Also, does every teenaged Sim get to go to prom? I've got one teenager who never got any kind of prom pop-up, and he's two days away from aging up.

I sing along with elevator music.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2011 June 20, 19:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has been mentioned before with a few people seeing the problem.

I had that problem before I updated Twallan's Overwatch to version 29.  Now vacation objects in family inventory are still there when I return home.

TummyZa has added new custom body hair to take care of the dead cats that EA provided:  http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446139&c=1

The~Simmer
Corpulent Cretin

Never underestimate the power of the Schwartz!

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2011 June 20, 20:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The whole dance thing does seem glitchy. I had two teenaged Sims suddenly return home in their formalwear. I didn't get any kind of notification about a dance, but I'm not sure what other reasons there could be for the clothing. Also, does every teenaged Sim get to go to prom? I've got one teenager who never got any kind of prom pop-up, and he's two days away from aging up.

I had all the sim teens in my household go.  The  boarding school teen's sister, who was in regular school, graduated and was then able to get a job.  It is like the game does not see the other two as young adults or teens (because they also can not get part-time jobs). 
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: 2011 June 20, 20:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TummyZa has added new custom body hair to take care of the dead cats that EA provided:  http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=446139&c=1
About time someone did that. Of course, I'm still hoping for outright replacements for the EA ones, mostly because I'm paranoid some poor sim will be generated with the EA options. Although I'm not sure: do game-generated sims ever get body hair applied? It seems like a good idea if they did--but only if the EA options are completely replaced. Still, the more options the better.

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: