More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:20:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  New Patch 1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patch 1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0  (Read 59876 times)
Carioca Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New Patch 1.22/2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0
« Reply #50 on: 2011 June 01, 23:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Losing interactions is from a out of date core mod. Remove your mods dipshit.
Thanks, but in my insanity and stupidity I uninstall and install all over again without any mods. Nothing seens to fix the issue. It's very annoying...

Just because you uninstalled and reinstalled the game doesn't mean your mods were removed. You have to remove them manually. It's a mod conflict. Why doesn't anybody that comes here for help ever fucking listen?

...well..I just discover that I don't know how to remove a mod. Can you explain? I'll listen.
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2011 June 01, 23:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...well..I just discover that I don't know how to remove a mod. Can you explain? I'll listen.

Do the reverse of whatever you did to place them in the game.
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2011 June 02, 00:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move your Mods folder to your Desktop, Carioca Girl.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2011 June 02, 00:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally prefer adding the folder to a .zip file and then unzipping when done patching.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Carioca Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2011 June 02, 01:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the thing: I don't have the Mods folder anymore. I take it off when it crashes the game and when I went crazy and uninstall everything I delete the EA Games folder from Program Files directory. I don't have any mods now. Sad
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2011 June 02, 01:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you also delete the Electronic Arts folder from your My Documents folder?
Morlock
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2011 June 02, 01:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I went crazy and uninstall everything I delete the EA Games folder from Program Files directory. I don't have any mods now. Sad

Haha! Why did you do that? Firstly, that is not how to uninstall the game. Secondly, you might be able to rescue it from the recycle bin.

Right Click the Recycle Bin>Open>Find the EA Games [Electronic Arts] folder>Right Click>Restore

Restore any other folders you deleted whilst going crazy.

Carioca Girl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2011 June 02, 01:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haha! Why did you do that? Firstly, that is not how to uninstall the game. Secondly, you might be able to rescue it from the recycle bin.

Right Click the Recycle Bin>Open>Find the EA Games [Electronic Arts] folder>Right Click>Restore

Restore any other folders you deleted whilst going crazy.

Oh,no! Not that crazy! Cheesy I uninstall the game by the control panel and then I went to the Program files and delete the Eletronic Arts  Folder that remains there after the uninstall procedure. And I can't find the EA folder on the My Documents after uninstalling.  I noticed now that only my celebrity sims ( 5 stars) have no interactions problem. This still a sign of mod core problem?
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2011 June 02, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love how they always blame third party mods and cc right away.

There are some people out there that still don't take out their CC and hacks/mods before installing a new expansion pack or stuff pack.

Shouldn't we all know to do this before we install them,after all we have been told to do so since the sims 2.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2011 June 03, 03:36:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never remove all my mods when installing new patch/pack. Not in TS2 either. The ones you need to remove are core mods, no mosaic, and sometimes tuning mods. Script mods are usually safe, and even then you don't have to remove the mods when installing the pack, but rather when firing the game after installing them.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2011 June 03, 05:23:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never remove all my mods when installing new patch/pack. Not in TS2 either. The ones you need to remove are core mods, no mosaic, and sometimes tuning mods. Script mods are usually safe, and even then you don't have to remove the mods when installing the pack, but rather when firing the game after installing them.

That's fine if you remove them before firing up the game, I usually do the same thing.  The trouble is, alot of people don't remove the mods before firing up the game and then blame everything else when something screws up in-game and don't go looking at their mods first.

If people got into the habit of waiting a few days before updating, they could get the updated version of their mods, or see a post from the modder saying that it is compatible.  Either that, or at least learn how to check and update the basic tuning mods themselves, then they only need to wait for the core mods to be done.  Either way would prevent so many problems and bitches about tightpants caused bugs.

Expecting people to be reasonable and do the right thing is a bit like expecting EAxis to actually make a properly working bug free game, neither will be very likely to ever happen.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
gingersnaps
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2011 June 06, 23:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem:

I have the cracks on everything Up to Night Life and stuff packs. I do not have generations, but patched to 1.22. Now I get through the launcher and to the neighborhood chooser and it claims there is "no disc for outdoor living."
Everything was just fine, nothing new, until I got the patch; now the game will not work.
At first it was claiming "no disc" at the launcher and I reinstated the cracks again, thinking it had changed them or deleted them. This got me to the neighborhood chooser, now I can't get past it. I have removed all the caches to no avail; as well as my mods and other .packages, but it wont budge. (Of course I have not Deleted anything, just moved it to another folder on my desktop).

So where have I screwed up and how do I fix it?
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011 June 06, 23:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop using cracks, and use either Awesomemod or Twallan's no-cd mod instead.
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2011 June 13, 01:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a reason to believe that something in my game was broken with this patch... I have no EPs or SPs, only base game, and since I patched to 1.22 it is lagging terribly. Sims wait for a long time to start an action, then wait to realize it's completed... They also lose time (the clock skips a few sim-minutes once in a while). All this effects in them constantly being late to work/school and not having enough time to complete most of the stuff they used to in a day.

Things tried:
Overwatch - used before, using still, no effect.
Fixall - seemed to make it better for a while, but it's worse again and this isn't helping.
Master Controller "Reset Everything" - no effect.
Resetsim * - no effect.

Even lowering settings has no effect. And the game was running perfectly smoothly before the patch, nothing else is new in it.
I think it could be because of townie sims earning memories constantly, but it's only a guess.

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2011 June 13, 17:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we know what any of the supposed fixes were yet?

WA dig sites, sell photographs worth X, buying omni plant seeds, nosediving happiness despite lots of buffs and full motive bars.......??

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2011 June 13, 22:30:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The dig site bug is still in effect, so Buzzler's mod is a necessity, but the mood bug seems to be mostly fixed.  According to Buzzler's thread on MTS, he updated the mood fix for the latest patch because moods still aren't calculating 100% correctly, but my moodlets are all stacking and keeping my Sims in the green without it, so it's not game-destroying any more.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
gingersnaps
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2011 June 14, 01:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried both, and the AM tester, still no luck. I have removed everything to make sure it wasn't a mod conflict, the only mod in my files is AM.
I am still getting the "no disc" at the neighborhood screen. I am not starting from the launcher.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011 June 14, 02:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried both, and the AM tester, still no luck. I have removed everything to make sure it wasn't a mod conflict, the only mod in my files is AM.
I am still getting the "no disc" at the neighborhood screen. I am not starting from the launcher.

Then double check your framework, twallans no cd mod works with any patch level. Either way there's no way to get a mod conflict. Have you enabled the no cd mod with AM in the config? You're definitely doing something wrong.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
gingersnaps
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011 June 14, 03:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was the config. Thanks!
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2011 June 22, 18:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problems with patch 1.22 and how I solved them (and how I caused them, too):

First of all, I jumped right in with patching, updating mods right away, without testing as I went.  So, all in one day, I installed the patch, updated Awesomemod and Twallan, and changed my antivirus progam from the one that expired to another one.  I have the base game only. 

The game loading went along swimmingly, then the fun began when I loaded a world.  First, it took forever for the items to render.  Then, the only Sims interactions were either "ask about gender preference" in one world, and "mean, scare" in another, then the Sims jumped to other rooms.  I thought it was comical at first, then decided I better track down what was causing this mess. 

I found out the antivirus was checking each package file before loading (the previous virus checker had no effect on the game, so I had stopped disabling it when playing, not thinking that this one operated differently), so disabled that, which fixed that problem. 

After taking out all hacks/mods, the game was back to normal, so that was where the problem had to be.  Silly me, being the forgetful old great-grandmother that I am, I forgot that I had some of Anach's old mods hiding in there, but I couldn't remember where I got them.  I did a google search and it brought me right back to here. Smiley  How wonderful - there was a thread with updated Anach mods!  After removing the old ones and putting in the updated ones I wanted, everything is working wonderfully. 

I just thought I'd share in the event somebody else is as reckless/forgetful/senile as I am.  I don't care if my kids put me in a nursing home, as long as I can have my laptop and my Sims!

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011 June 23, 00:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My problems with patch 1.22 and how I solved them (and how I caused them, too):

[expurgated]

I just thought I'd share in the event somebody else is as reckless/forgetful/senile as I am. 

Hard to believe that would be possible, and yet...

I don't care if my kids put me in a nursing home, as long as I can have my laptop and my Sims!

Would they do this?  When?

Tribulatio proxima est
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011 June 27, 23:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a special problem with Twinbrooks? I like to play with that city lately. But after the new patches i've got problems with photography, and when my sim have been in Egypt he can't interact with his wife. This new patch has simply ruined my game completely. Sims can't sleep, they jump out of bed. Had to uninstall all the games, and install again. Had no choice. Problems are now back. Isn't there anything to do with this shit from EA?

I suspect you failed at troubleshooting.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2011 June 28, 03:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a special problem with Twinbrooks? I like to play with that city lately. But after the new patches i've got problems with photography, and when my sim have been in Egypt he can't interact with his wife. This new patch has simply ruined my game completely. Sims can't sleep, they jump out of bed. Had to uninstall all the games, and install again. Had no choice. Problems are now back. Isn't there anything to do with this shit from EA?

I suspect you failed at troubleshooting.

Amazone is simply FAIL.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2011 June 28, 04:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wrong. EA is simply a huge FAIL. And so are you if you don't shut up and try to solve the problems related to the game, and not to me as a person.

Considering that YOU are having this problem and WE are not, said problem is most likely related to your own failures.  Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my Sim's problem-free travel and laughing a carefree laugh.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: 2011 June 28, 04:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amazone is simply FAIL.
Wrong. EA is simply a huge FAIL. And so are you if you don't shut up and try to solve the problems related to the game, and not to me as a person.
BWAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHA.
Firstly, why the fuck would I want to help YOU of all people; secondly, this seems to be a PEBCAK issue. Which is to be expected from the LUNAZONE.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: