More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:54:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 224974 times)
aemetta
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #75 on: 2011 March 26, 19:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remember to put d3dx9_31.dll in Game\Bin?

Durr, that was it. Thanks!
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2011 March 26, 19:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That did the trick

BTW why don't you just change the 4 bytes in S3PE directly? For people that don't want to download a hex editor:
Open the .package in S3PE. Mark the tag S3SA and click on GRID.
Double click "Unknown 2" and change 0x2BC4F79F to 0xE3E5B716.
Commit, Save, Enjoy

That would have been the smart thing to do, but I wasn't smart enough to know about the Grid button!
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2011 March 26, 19:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This Nraas NoCd is starting to tick me off.  It's edited properly with s3pe and framework is exactly where it should be but I still get the "Enter Registration Code" box. The No Mosaic mod is working so it's not framework fail. I can't figure out why it's not working.
Kralore
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2011 March 26, 22:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any particular reason a few of you are struggling to make the game work without a CD when a No CD mod was posted on the second page?

If you are referring to the cracked exe version, I don't like cracked exe's and avoid them whenever possible.  I prefer to use a mod in the case of Sims 3 or mini images for other games. To many times games have issues because of cracked exe files.  There is a mini image available for Sims Medivial now. So i'll switch to that.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 26, 22:18:43 by Kralore » Logged
SammyTheSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2011 March 26, 22:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HELP!

Does anyone know how to change the interface font size? The text looks microscopic at my screen resolution and the eye strain is killing me. I've tried looking around in the registry and .ini files, but there's either nothing helpful there or I've completely missed it.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2011 March 26, 22:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HELP!

Does anyone know how to change the interface font size? The text looks microscopic at my screen resolution and the eye strain is killing me. I've tried looking around in the registry and .ini files, but there's either nothing helpful there or I've completely missed it.
Lower your resolution?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2011 March 26, 22:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HELP!

Lower your resolution?
Running an LCD monitor below the recommended resolution makes it look like crap. Though the text looks fine to me, in 1920x1080.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2011 March 26, 23:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was small for me (1920x1080 as well, and it does indeed look much crappier on lower resolutions) but I just moved my monitor closer. Tada!

Though a lot of the text is dark-brown-on-brown and is still obnoxious.
« Last Edit: 2011 March 26, 23:16:46 by Claeric » Logged
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2011 March 27, 04:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My main question is really...  What was Maxis thinking?!

I got this game on the pretense in one of their own ads saying that it was open-ended gameplay and that's about as misleading as could possibly be.  Sure you can play...  But you can't really play...  Pff.  Since it was marked as a base game I, of course, assumed that it would be another TS3.

In TS2 I had an entire neighborhood set up as a 'kingdom'.  I had a castle with the monarchs in it and around them were a few knight towers and then the houses after that.  The problem with that 'kingdom' was that no-one actually knew they were who they were.  It was fun to play but also quite saddening.  I was hoping that this game would be the answer.

I like the game alright as far as the game is concerned, I guess, but I do not like the game as far as the SIMS go.  No aging, no genetics, no way to control anything about the lives of your spouse or your children...  Hell you can't even dress the little jerks!  My Princess was running around in a peasant's dress, no shoes and a bowl haircut.  After a game like TS3 where we had all of these nice options, this game is such a major disappointment.  The only thing I like about it is that it runs pretty good on my crappy computer.  Cheesy

Shame on you, Maxis...   Angry
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2011 March 27, 05:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Maxis? Shame on you for thinking this was going to be any different than Stories or Castaway.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2011 March 27, 05:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game died on me pretty fast now, it was good at first, I finally got my kingdom where I wanted it. And hey I unlocked the next part! What's this? I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN?! On the same map? With the same damn quests? And the same damn buildings? Yeah...it's dead to me now.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2011 March 27, 05:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Maxis? Shame on you for thinking this was going to be any different than Stories or Castaway.

I never played either of those because they were obviously story packs.  This one, however, did not say it was a story pack it said it was a new base game.  If it were advertised as a story like Stories or Castaway, I either would not have purchased it or I would have expected it to be lacking. 

The game died on me pretty fast now, it was good at first, I finally got my kingdom where I wanted it. And hey I unlocked the next part! What's this? I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN?! On the same map? With the same damn quests? And the same damn buildings? Yeah...it's dead to me now.

Hahaha, yup.  You can take a favorite hero by questing him or her to start a new kingdom, thus starting new with whatever level, looks and legendary, or lack there-of, traits...  Except that you lose all your relationships, your offspring, your spouse, all memories of your old profession and your cash...  Woo...
Narmy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2011 March 27, 07:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could start a "free-play" kingdom.

1. Start new game on any ambition
2. Cheat maximum RP and buy all the buildings
3. Create all your heroes
4. Use "ShowAllQuests" and choose the Free Play quest
5. Do whatever the hell you want. Level up your heroes, make money, make relationships, etc.

If you choose Free Play after completing the ambition, EXP and responsibilities are disabled, so I prefer this way.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2011 March 27, 07:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a CD key.  When your at the menu for choosing your kingdom, on the bottom left corner of the screen with the menu options, click on redeem code and then when the box pops up, put that code in, and it'll tell you that you unlocked those two outfits.  Here is the code for the 2 throne rooms and the 2 outfits from the pre-order Limited Edition Box - B66H-TCUH-SS9Q-UULP - you also type this in the same place (the redeem code option from the menu on the bottom left corner).

Hmm I've entered the codes and it told me I unlocked them, but they are still not appearing in game, any reason why?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2011 March 27, 08:13:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad they don't fit the heads without some editing...

Look, a female monk!

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
CLmeow
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2011 March 27, 08:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After playing this game once, I seem to have no desire to play it again.  I never found a custom tool for furniture.  You can only look at the inside of the buildings in a limited way, and it's way primitive compared to Sims 3.  I think I'll stick to Sims 3 thank you and just regret spending all the money I did on the limited edition and prima guide of this game.  I may try it again once there are some hacks from here, maybe.  Disappointed?  yes!  In a big way.

Cats don't hunt seals. They would if they knew what they were and where to find them. But they don't, so that's all right. - Terry Pratchett
Cats instinctively know the exact moment their owners will wake up. Then they wake them 10 minutes sooner.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2011 March 27, 09:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You spent money on it? Without even waiting for the fail report? There's a word for that: "Sucker".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2011 March 27, 10:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After playing this game once, I seem to have no desire to play it again.  I never found a custom tool for furniture.  You can only look at the inside of the buildings in a limited way, and it's way primitive compared to Sims 3.  I think I'll stick to Sims 3 thank you and just regret spending all the money I did on the limited edition and prima guide of this game.  I may try it again once there are some hacks from here, maybe.  Disappointed?  yes!  In a big way.

I have to agree with you. I don't see the game as having any replay value at all, unless you want to repeat the same quests and build your town the exact same way a second time. Almost every aspect of the game has been dumbed-down, from graphics to game-play. If it's ever on sale for 10 bucks, then I might consider purchasing it, but for now I think I'll stick to TS3.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2011 March 27, 21:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's even worth $10, unless it comes with a free computer upgrade. I can't place 'secure' buildings without it crashing because of the security walls. Another glitch they need to fix, as I don't think its related to the crack as people on the official forums were bitching about it too.

I am slightly more impressed with it than I thought I'd be, but my expectations were hanging somewhere around the 7th level of hell.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2011 March 28, 00:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's even worth $10, unless it comes with a free computer upgrade. I can't place 'secure' buildings without it crashing because of the security walls. Another glitch they need to fix, as I don't think its related to the crack as people on the official forums were bitching about it too.

I am slightly more impressed with it than I thought I'd be, but my expectations were hanging somewhere around the 7th level of hell.

Temporary fix, supposedly: http://www.simprograms.com/28988/problems-with-reflections-and-security-level-7-the-sims-medieval/

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2011 March 28, 05:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Temporary fix, supposedly: http://www.simprograms.com/28988/problems-with-reflections-and-security-level-7-the-sims-medieval/

Yes, I see that the "fix" is "don't do the thing that causes the crash." Genius.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2011 March 28, 05:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I'd read that while looking for a fix yesterday. Thing is, "Don't place secure buildings" isn't much of a fix. I also tried another thing I'd read, which was, "let computer cool, then start game and attempt to place buildings", which was also a fail. I've tried some other crap too, like making sure my kingdom's security is in the toilet, and then trying to place additional buildings, but nothing seems to help.

Edit: I have thought of something that might work, but I'd need.. erm.. help. If I could send my saves to someone who can place the buildings without le crash every time I needed those buildings placed.... that could work. But it would also inconvenience all involved, which is something I do not enjoy doing.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2011 March 28, 06:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see that the "fix" is "don't do the thing that causes the crash." Genius.

I said "supposedly" for a reason.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2011 March 28, 10:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I'd read that while looking for a fix yesterday. Thing is, "Don't place secure buildings" isn't much of a fix. I also tried another thing I'd read, which was, "let computer cool, then start game and attempt to place buildings", which was also a fail. I've tried some other crap too, like making sure my kingdom's security is in the toilet, and then trying to place additional buildings, but nothing seems to help.

Edit: I have thought of something that might work, but I'd need.. erm.. help. If I could send my saves to someone who can place the buildings without le crash every time I needed those buildings placed.... that could work. But it would also inconvenience all involved, which is something I do not enjoy doing.

How big are the files in whole? If it's not too much I'll try it for you, I have absolutely no problems in the game at all. Well except sometimes my game likes to alt tab, and then getting back into the game is a bitch.

WizardDani
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2011 March 28, 11:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who'd like to re-use their kingdom over and over again with different ambitions, here's the solution:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5516778.page
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: