More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 09:26:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Sims Medieval
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Sims Medieval  (Read 224707 times)
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
Re: The Sims Medieval
« Reply #250 on: 2011 September 09, 22:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So.. I got curious and decided to get an Arrr'd copy of Pirates and Nobles... Hate to say it... but it's kinda fun, lol.  
I just really wish there was a modding community for it.  They actually fixed some of the things that bothered me most from base game (wtf, right?), but there's still no way to keep your NPC family at home.  

My monarch accidently sent her husband to the pit while visiting the town square, and didn't even recognize him as the one she married during some random quest till after she got the broken heart moodlet from his death.  (She has strict rules on fighting in public  Grin)

Just kind of sad that I've been playing nothing but the monarch, she has 3 kids and a now dead husband and still feels like a single sim.  Only one of the kids comes home at night (yes, there are enough beds)... and all the rest only wander around the castle in the morning before spending the rest of the day at the town square.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Fishiemew
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2011 September 25, 15:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I felt like playing Medieval again, so I reinstalled the whole game and patched it to 2.0.113 which seems to be the latest patch. Started the game, worked perfectly until I was going to create a monarch. The loading screen just kept going and going without anything happening. After 10 minutes of waiting I turned it of. Googled the problem and it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the loading screen is extremely slow after one of the patches. Does this mean that I should just keep it running the whole day and just wait for something to happen? Is there any solution?

Edit: I reinstalled the game again, but this time I only updated to 1.2.3. Now I can create a monarch without any problems, but whenever I doubleclick on my sims avatar to change camera view to whatever my sims is doing, the game crashes. Whats wrong?
« Last Edit: 2011 September 25, 16:50:09 by Fishiemew » Logged
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2011 October 02, 20:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same eternal loading screen problem, which I 'fixed' by installing Pirates & Nobles.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2011 October 05, 20:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fishiemew and Elonora, I'd be careful messing around with patch 2.0 for Pirates and Nobles. It has been verified that it comes with a nasty dose of SecuROM 8.0, even for the disk version.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2011 October 05, 22:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So EA's up to their old tricks again?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011 October 06, 04:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
And, indeed, I would be careful with P&N as a whole, because at least one (that I have encountered) quest is broken, and I remember reading about many people having problems about completing some of the new quests at the time. It somewhat ruins gameplay.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2011 October 06, 09:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uknortherner, exactly. However, it gets even worse than just SecuROM on TSM. EA has also updated their TOS to prohibit people from suing them.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: 2011 October 10, 12:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure where that little addendum is legal, but I'm sure as hell glad it's not in Australia.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2011 October 10, 18:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure where that little addendum is legal, but I'm sure as hell glad it's not in Australia.

Yeah, Australia just bans entire games outright.  Tongue

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2011 October 10, 20:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

floopyboo, if you read closely it does apply in Australia, we're not one of the excluded countries. Apparently, there's a form we need to fill in here if we want to keep using EA's services that says that we don't agree to that particular clause of their TOS.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011 October 10, 21:37:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like to see just how far EA believes it can override the legal systems in those countries that are not expressly excluded, and that's only if EULAs in general are considered legally-binding anywhere outside the US.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Eltanin Sadachbia
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2011 October 20, 04:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Damn! I'm glad this place is still around!

It's been a few years since I looked at the Sims in any shape or form, and then I ended up with a copy of TSM from a friend who didn't like it... so I thought WTH...

I looked into the DRM thing, and didn't find anyone complaining of burning DVD roms (Like what happened to my old laptop courtesy of Sims 2 via Securom) so I tried it out... and I have to say, it is a pretty entertaining game so far... I really like it ...

... BUT I am hating the lack of customization!  Undecided Why would they eliminate that element from the game as entirely as they did? It's what makes the Sims games so replayable IMO...

Anyway, I was kinda hoping for a clue as to get the bonus content for nothing but, I'm not having much luck... The limits on clothing and furnishings are starting to peeve me a bit... Is the Game mechanics so much different than TS3?

I haven't played TS3 yet, because of all the headache I had from TS2... My machines are always high-end, and to lose one to a DRM was pathetic... Especially since I wasn't guilty of doing anything illegal, even by EA's twisted standards...
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2011 October 20, 05:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2012 January 13, 02:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've just updated, to game version 2.0, and installed Pirates and Nobles for Medieval and none of my mods nor FPS limiter work. MTS's Medieval thread is a huge cluster fuck so couldn't really find anything there. The only mods I'm trying to use are no intro and no cd, neither of which should need updating. I've reinstalled fresh framework, tried putting it both game directories and still nothing works. When I try to use FPS limiter I get a security warning. I just wanna see if there are any CAS items or objects worth converting over. What's everyone else doing? Did I miss something? I've heard the 2.0 patch, which is needed for P & N, installs SecureRom, anyway around that yet?

PEBKAC
« Last Edit: 2012 January 13, 19:16:29 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2012 January 13, 20:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've just updated, to game version 2.0, and installed Pirates and Nobles for Medieval and none of my mods nor FPS limiter work. MTS's Medieval thread is a huge cluster fuck so couldn't really find anything there. The only mods I'm trying to use are no intro and no cd, neither of which should need updating. I've reinstalled fresh framework, tried putting it both game directories and still nothing works. When I try to use FPS limiter I get a security warning. I just wanna see if there are any CAS items or objects worth converting over. What's everyone else doing? Did I miss something? I've heard the 2.0 patch, which is needed for P & N, installs SecureRom, anyway around that yet?

PEBKAC

I'm using a crack for the time being, and have not yet heard of a better way to avoid getting securom. It installs itself when you use the original exe, so double-clicking that in order to run the game is not an option. It appears, from a quick Google search, that there isn't any other solution at the moment., though I'd be glad to be proved wrong. The good news is, I have not experienced any borkage as a result of using a TSM patch, so it's worth trying.

Some screenshots can be found here, if anyone has doubts about the existence of securom in the TSM patch.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: