More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 05:14:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AM is Borking Vampires.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AM is Borking Vampires.  (Read 32473 times)
magicalnessa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
AM is Borking Vampires.
« on: 2010 November 17, 17:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I RFTM and I checked the config. However, other than Vampire Skilling, the manual said nothing about them. Once I install AM, the normal debuff Burning Up from staying out in the sun happens AS SOON AS I LEAVE A BUILDING, and continues to tick, even in cars. Before AM, it would take like three hours before the Burning Up Moodlet occurred, then another 3 hours until Burning Up would turn into Too Much Sun. And it also seemed to not tick in cars, but I can't be sure because I couldn't have the minute-by-minute moodlet update. Did we mean to bork this or didn't we?
Seqkat
Senator

INFJ

View Profile
Re: AM is Borking Vampires.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 November 17, 17:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"We"?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 November 17, 17:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feature appears to be working as designed. Figure out what is happening for yourself.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 November 17, 18:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess would that you're playing a VAMPIRE and VAMPIRES DO NOT BELONG OUT IN THE SUN.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 November 18, 09:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use AM and play a vampire in Bridgeport who doesn't burn as soon as she steps out on the street or on her balcony to paint. You have a borkness.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 November 18, 14:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, both of you are observing a phenomenon that makes perfect sense and is definitely a feature. The time it takes for a vampire to start burning is now variable and depends on some very obvious factors. It works this way in real life, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 November 18, 16:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did notice that if I bring up the SHIFT+CTRL debug menu and go to occult, service NPCs are suddenly all shown as already being vampire, although they are not actually vampires. Has anyone else got this issue?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 November 18, 17:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. That's also a dodgy EA command of dubious reliability, so I wouldn't trust what it says too much.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 November 19, 20:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I finally played with one of them vampire sims...and honestly, he didn't burn up fast enough, if you ask me...I've now got little vampire babies and toddlers and children all over Bridgeport... I realize EA doesn't want the game all that macabre, but there really ought to be more than one way to kill them and they really should be able to drain and thus kill (not just drink from or turn) sims. 

Also, the genetics seem skewed - he fathered 7 children before his 'untimely demise' and all 7 are vampires. None of the mothers are - I assumed (obviously incorrectly) that there would be a 50/50 chance of vampirism in his offspring born of normal females...joke's on me. So given that the only mod I use in game is AM - will these offspring who have 50% vampire genetics, but are in fact vampires, what are the odds their children will be vampires if they mate with a 'normal' sim?  I'm suspecting that the vampiric gene is dominant.

The good news is that at least they don't sparkle. I think we may have been given the 'True Blood' version of vampires as opposed to the 'Twilight' version. yay.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 20, 01:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The good news is that at least they don't sparkle. I think we may have been given the 'True Blood' version of vampires as opposed to the 'Twilight' version. yay.

That's okay, but I WANTED the "Bloodsucking Fiends" version.

Tribulatio proxima est
magicalnessa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 22, 20:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feature appears to be working as designed. Figure out what is happening for yourself.

Tried several times to replicate the problem that I couldn't stop from happening before, and it's not going through. My only guess is that for a period, all of my vamps needed SPF 1,000. I just hulk smashed all my saved and now they're doing OK.
Paularius
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 24, 20:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Till the masses of lil girls demand that a mod be made to add the eye candy sparkle to vampires.
I fear for the sims. I really do.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 24, 20:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see that happening. The producers themselves appear to be firmly anti-Sparklepire.

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 November 26, 23:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The -only- reason to use sparkle and vampire in the same setting is to poke fun at the idiots who think vampires are all sparkle-fluffy-bunny-happy.  I have no real objection to romantic goth vampires, that's actually been around longer then me, so its got longevity now.  But Vampires DO NOT FUCKING SPARKLE!  They are not unicorns, they are blood sucking monsters who may embrace this fact, or angst over it and try to retain their humanity, but they are not rays of sunshine.

That said, I've not seen a problem with them having sun issues, but then, I run with static motives since I find trying to keep their needs met tedious and dull.
Chaavik
Dimwitted Dunce

Criminal Mastermind

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 November 27, 08:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please.. do not request that Vampires be sparkly! God no, I prefer my Vampires to be the way they are. NON SPARKLY! Twilight lovers should run over to BBS or MTS to ask for that.

By the way, what was EA sniffing when they made the Eye Candy reward for Lifetime Happiness? Most useless feature ever.

"Humor.. It is a difficult concept.. It is not logical.." - Lt. Saavik, Star Trek: Wrath of Khan
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 November 27, 09:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any requests for sparkly vampires will be mocked or ignored. Vampires Do Not Sparkle.

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2010 November 27, 10:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is when they burst into flames as soon soon as they step outside in daylight.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 November 27, 11:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, some vampires are more resistant to burning than others, in the current AwesomeMod. I challenge you to figure out how it works and which ones will burn faster than the others.

Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 November 27, 15:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without doing any testing or observing at all, I'll guess that vamps who EAT PEOPLE as opposed to juice boxes will take more sun damage.

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 November 27, 19:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reckon the amount of (pixel) melanin in the skin will be a big factor.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 November 27, 21:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without doing any testing or observing at all, I'll guess that vamps who EAT PEOPLE as opposed to juice boxes will take more sun damage.

Funny, my guess is on the opposite.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 November 28, 00:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking it would be vampires who had recently eaten who would be less harmed by the sun, but of course I have done no testing on this yet.  For some reason, actually playing a vampire hasn't really compelled my interest yet.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 November 28, 04:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time a Vampire should sparkle is when they burst into flames as soon soon as they step outside in daylight.

Surely it is more fun watching the sparkling ones burst into flames?  Watching them burn is the whole point of having sparkly!vamps at all.

sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 November 28, 23:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Surely it is more fun watching the sparkling ones burst into flames?  Watching them burn is the whole point of having sparkly!vamps at all.

As I am not a Twilight fan in any way, I have only hearsay to go by, but didn't the author make them sparkly in sun as opposed to burning up in sun? So operating on that assumption, one would assume a vampire could sparkle OR burn up in sunlight...not both.

And while I do follow True Blood and obviously see the similarity (the plasma juice boxes are a lame version of the bottled artificial blood in that show)...I honestly have decided that the vampires in game are just not all that fun...as Jolrei pointed out - the bloodsucking fiends version where there could be actual death from a vampire bite would be better, but I get why EA did things this way - we wouldn't want to scare the kiddies...so we get 'vampire-lite'.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 November 29, 03:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they don't go BLEH and can see themselves in mirrors still. Boo.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: