More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:12:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)  (Read 374042 times)
Swat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.6 - Updated 05/25/2011)
« Reply #200 on: 2011 June 09, 20:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, for anyone whos having trouble, make sure that the date on the awesome mod file is past May. I was having a problem where the automatic updater kept replacing my new tester version of Awesome Mod with a version from May 19th, thus causing my Generation's patched game to fail.
radiancestar
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2011 June 10, 21:41:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all,

I have gotten Error Code 1. I followed all of the steps in the ReadMe file and the updater still says Error Code 1. Any suggestions?  Huh

Big thanks! 

\"Give me a place to stand, and I can change the world.\"
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2011 June 11, 10:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly did you unzip wget.exe?
stormlifter
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2011 June 12, 21:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to the latest patch as of 6/12/2011 (1.22.9.0110)
Ran the updater, no errors.

But I don't think I have the mod in game for some reason. I still lag terribly in China every few seconds it just locks up. Also have no other sign of it actually running.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 12, 21:47:26 by stormlifter » Logged
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2011 June 12, 23:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I want to thank you for this useful mod..  However,  I find that with my system and specs, 3Booter will launch FPS limiter only if both are installed into the base game directory.

The updater insists on deleting those program files from the base game directory each time I execute it.  It then copies them into the  "Generations" folder.  While this will launch the game for me, it won't deploy the FPS Limiter, so for now I am unable to use your program.  I know that not everyone has this issue, nor had I before the 1.22 patch.  I have read some discussion that it is a DX 11 issue. 

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this same problem.
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2011 June 13, 00:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that I'm completely wrong but I double checked and I'm pretty sure it's not the case : the updater isn't working for generations. Don't know about an earlier EP with the latest patch (1.22).

It works as far as downloading the proper AM version and installing it as it should be.
But the booter and most of all the FPS limiter are placed in the wrong directory.

With this EP things have changed, there is a Generations folder but the new main exe is not there : it's in the basegame directory. So Booter and FPS limiter should be placed there too and not in the generations directory.
That's what I did manually and ran the game from there and it works fine.

For those who keep using the updater since they installed Generations : are you all sure that FPS limiter is working fine?
stormlifter
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2011 June 13, 03:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have generations as well, so not sure if that's causing problems, but I am not getting any sign of the AwesomeMod at all.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2011 June 13, 11:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I don't think I have the mod in game for some reason. I still lag terribly in China every few seconds it just locks up. Also have no other sign of it actually running.
Why would you want AwesomeMod if you don't know what it actually does?

Hi, I want to thank you for this useful mod..  However,  I find that with my system and specs, 3Booter will launch FPS limiter only if both are installed into the base game directory.

The updater insists on deleting those program files from the base game directory each time I execute it.  It then copies them into the  "Generations" folder.  While this will launch the game for me, it won't deploy the FPS Limiter, so for now I am unable to use your program.  I know that not everyone has this issue, nor had I before the 1.22 patch.  I have read some discussion that it is a DX 11 issue.  

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this same problem.
It's possible that I'm completely wrong but I double checked and I'm pretty sure it's not the case : the updater isn't working for generations. Don't know about an earlier EP with the latest patch (1.22).

It works as far as downloading the proper AM version and installing it as it should be.
But the booter and most of all the FPS limiter are placed in the wrong directory.

With this EP things have changed, there is a Generations folder but the new main exe is not there : it's in the basegame directory. So Booter and FPS limiter should be placed there too and not in the generations directory.

For those who keep using the updater since they installed Generations : are you all sure that FPS limiter is working fine?
Nope, it doesn't place them in the right directory, and I'm very well aware of that.

Since the 1.22/Generations version of AM is still in testing, I figured I would leave it this way and release v2.6.1 (which, of course, works properly) when AM is considered stable.
I didn't want to create a situation like 'if you have this patch, use this version, if you have that patch, use that one' et cetera.

If you want, you can use the one attached below. It's still in 'beta', but should work fine.

I have generations as well, so not sure if that's causing problems, but I am not getting any sign of the AwesomeMod at all.
Hi, you again?

Attachment deleted. Final version of v2.6.1 available in original post.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 14, 17:58:30 by basbas » Logged
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2011 June 13, 11:33:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it doesn't place them in the right directory, and I'm very well aware of that.

Since the 1.22/Generations version of AM is still in testing, I figured I would leave it this way and release v2.6.1 (which, of course, works properly) when AM is considered stable.
I didn't want to create a situation like 'if you have this patch, use this version, if you have that patch, use that one' et cetera.

If you want, you can use the one attached below. It's still in 'beta', but should work fine.

[/quote]

Very understandable, that's why I didn't post here before. I was waiting for you to update when Am would become officially Generation's compatible.

I decided to state the FPS limiter problem because I saw a lot of people here saying they were using your installer with Generations so or I was wrong or they were playing without FPS and were risking to fry their graphic card.

I'll install and try this and let you know if I find any issue.
Thanks !
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.6.1 - Updated 06/14/2011)
« Reply #209 on: 2011 June 14, 17:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v2.6.1 (v2.6.1.148)

The updater now moves 3booter and FPS Limiter to the base game folder.
darkbard
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2011 June 15, 18:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your China lag has nothing to do with AM. It appears the last patch might have caused terrain issues in China and npc Sims (Sims you don't control) very easily get stuck. This happens a lot at Hot Springs, but it can happen in other lots around China as well. The only solution to this problem is to use the following command in the console: resetsim *

This will reset ALL sims currently in China, including yours and all npcs. I recommend you do this around 5 or 6am in-game, because it will reset all the market merchants as well.

This is not a permanent fix, as sims will get stuck again at some point. I have to reset my sims every few days.  Hopefully this is one of the bugs EA will fix in the next patch, along with photography, but who knows.

PS: I was getting this problem in China before I started testing AM. Also, lots of folks who don't use AM, like over at the EA forums, have this problem as well.
Vinternoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2011 June 24, 05:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks guys, for the AwesomeMod.

I just patched my game and hope to get this working; been having some mod issues lately. About how long should it take to update AM and add 3booter/FPS limiter? I understand that it needs to download files on the first run, but it's going on a half-hour now. If that's normal, just making sure.

Thanks again. Smiley

EDIT: Nevermind, worked quickly after I restarted the program a couple times.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 24, 06:07:02 by Vinternoll » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2011 June 24, 05:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that it needs to download files on the first run, but it's going on a half-hour now. If that's normal, just making sure.

Seriously? Your stupidity makes me lol. If you knew how to follow instructions you wouldn't need the updater and would be playing your game 29 minutes ago.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Vinternoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2011 June 24, 06:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following instructions is something I'm quite good at. And I like the idea of having the Updater because it'll automatically take care of these things whenever I play.

After forty minutes, I restarted the updater and it finished in ten.

No need to be such an ass--I'm just making sure it's not a bug.

You obviously give up on things when they don't work the first time instead of fixing them.
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2011 June 24, 20:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Following instructions is something I'm quite good at.

And yet you can't figure out how to quote someone properly.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2011 June 24, 20:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After forty minutes, I restarted the updater and it finished in ten.

No need to be such an ass--I'm just making sure it's not a bug.

You obviously give up on things when they don't work the first time instead of fixing them.

If you updated Awesomemod and installed the FPS Limiter yourself it would have taken two minutes tops.

Have you even been to MATY before?

And no, I know how to drag and drop, I'm not a tard that waited 40 minutes for a two second download.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Vinternoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2011 June 24, 22:04:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that so? Then how do you explain me quoting you?
Vinternoll
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2011 June 24, 22:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you updated Awesomemod and installed the FPS Limiter yourself it would have taken two minutes tops.

Have you even been to MATY before?

And no, I know how to drag and drop, I'm not a tard that waited 40 minutes for a two second download.

If I had done that, I wouldn't have the Updater working, would I? The reason I came here is for the Updater. Yes, I've been to MATY before. To download AM a long time ago--and then I patched, so I needed to update AM. And, what's this? An Updater? How convenient!

sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2011 June 25, 01:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that so? Then how do you explain me quoting you?

Ohhh no, it's too late in the game for you to have your mommy help you out, fuckass.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2011 June 25, 06:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And don't double-post.  There's an edit button for a reason.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Death-Jester
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2011 June 26, 10:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a problem with the hosting again?
I only ask because I am getting an error code 9 when trying to run the Updater, but it was working this morning.
reversewill
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2011 June 29, 15:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ask because I am getting an error code 9 when trying to run the Updater, but it was working this morning.

I have just installed AwesomeMod and this updater for the first time. Followed all the instructions, I think I've done well... but I have this same problem.
I have Generations installed and when playing everithing is ok, aside the fact that AwesomeMod isn't working! I can see that because I typed "showconfig" but it doesn't work, and the sliders limit is not increased (main reason I downloaded it). I suppose is because I haven't upgrade with the .bat file yet... but I can't do it until I understand if I did something wrong or it's just a hosting problem. Thank you for the answer.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2011 June 29, 16:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just installed AwesomeMod and this updater for the first time. Followed all the instructions, I think I've done well... but I have this same problem.
I have Generations installed and when playing everithing is ok, aside the fact that AwesomeMod isn't working! I can see that because I typed "showconfig" but it doesn't work, and the sliders limit is not increased (main reason I downloaded it). I suppose is because I haven't upgrade with the .bat file yet... but I can't do it until I understand if I did something wrong or it's just a hosting problem. Thank you for the answer.

See, I would wait until after I had read the responses before giving thanks.  Just a feeling.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2011 June 29, 16:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't know how to install AwesomeMod in the first place, this thing is not for you. I made this for people who find it tedious or time-consuming to update AM manually, not for people who DON'T EVEN KNOW how to update/install AM.

And as far as I know, there is no problem with the hosting. There might have been a hiccup in your internet connection; just try again later.
reversewill
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.6.1 - Updated 6/14/2011)
« Reply #224 on: 2011 June 29, 16:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I would wait until after I had read the responses before giving thanks.  Just a feeling.

That's politeness since answer to my question is a matter of courtesy and not a duty. The readme file says "If the problem keeps occuring, this may be a permanent issue. Please ask for support in the thread at MATY." so I do that, in a polite way  Smiley

Thank you basbas, I don't know what makes you think I DON'T EVEN KNOW how to update/install AM, but thank you anyway. I'll check what's wrong with my connection.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: